Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Also they said that Morghur starts in Nordland and has the power to create Chaos Spawns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i looked it up and shadow dancers, unicorn mounts for we and lore of shadows for vamps were also confirmed

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
Updated tourny player list.

1v1 Goon Tournament #3
This is a round robin setup where everybody plays a set against everybody else and your total number of wins are counted at the end. Additionally, if the two top-scoring players are within 3 points of each other at the end then they'll play a finals round (adding wins to total score as normal).

Game Settings:
-funds, unit size are set to large
-First map is Pfeildorf, loser picks map in subsequent rounds
-Three rounds played per set

Comp rules:
-25% of your army's cost must consist of "core" units*
-A maximum of 25% of your army's cost may consist of characters
-No potions may be bought
-You may bring one regiment of renown per battle (they count as core if their regular version does)
-You mustn't drag out the match to try for a draw

*Use Captain Beans army builder here to check what counts as a core unit. You can ignore the special and rare categories as they don't apply in this tourny (aside from not counting as core).
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...#gid=1255487703

Concurrent (congoonent) 2v2 Tournament #1 (cancelled)
This is a best out of three bracket eliminaton style with a loser bracket. Players can either sign up as a team, or sign up to a pool where I'll randomly assign two players to a team. Only sign up if your time schedule allows enough room for compromise to work things out between four players.

Same game settings and comp rules as above, except the first map played will be MP Crossroads.

1v1 Player List:
-Mukip http://steamcommunity.com/id/Muukip
-Yukitsu http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197998439156
-brocretin http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198065275548
-ChickenWing http://steamcommunity.com/id/thechickenwing
-JacksAngryBiome http://steamcommunity.com/id/jacksangrybiome
-Trujillo http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sammvt/
-SSJ_naruto_2003 http://steamcommunity.com/id/GreyPowerVan
-Nanomashoes http://steamcommunity.com/id/Nanomashoes/
-Randarkman http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972214248

Mukip fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Nov 23, 2016

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Cardiac posted:

Is there a mod that increases the rate with which the fractions resettle razed settlements?
Norsca and Borderlands are fast in that, but not the Empire.

Is there anything other than the ruins dweller faction trait that impacts that? I always seem to see the Norscans and at least one of the VC factions with it, but not many others.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Beastmen was my favorite campaign yet and I didn't need an excuse to replay it, but I'm glad I got one.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

KnoxZone posted:

Also they said that Morghur starts in Nordland and has the power to create Chaos Spawns.

This seems kind of silly. It would make more sense to start Morghur in/around Brettonia because that's his normal haunt in the lore. Hell, move Kazhrak to Nordland and have Morghur start in Kashrak's old spot because at least then he's poised to go wreck the wood elves' poo poo. Kazhrak's quests pretty much all involve the human lands anyway, better to just start him there rather than forcing him to hoof it.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I think there's a method to the madness - the beastmen by their nature have to keep moving. So starting by an important area isn't that smart - much better to define those areas by personal quests that you slowly work towards as you raze your way across the landscape.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

My games vs. sammvt:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/59jrno1z9a2vgqs/Nano%20vs%20sammvt%202.zip?dl=0

Game 1: Empire(nano) vs VC(sammvt) Sammvt takes as close to 75% of his army as cavalry as he can. I misuse my second net, and the infantry battle doesn't win as fast as I need it to. He takes
Game 2: VC(Nano) vs. Greenskins(sammvt)black orcs vs grave guard is pretty close, but my lord taking most of his hp bar in damage from goblin archers in melee somehow doesn't help. My army crumbles at the end but I feel like it still had a decent chance of winning. Bad map pick means I spend too much time chasing an arachnorok away. Sammvt takes
Game 3: Chaos(Nano) vs. Beastmen(sammvt): Beastmen have no answer to Kholek Suneater. An overcast amber spear hits a tree, but lord of the storm never misses. I take
Overall:2-1 sammvt

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
I guess I'm gonna be that guy and you can tell me to gently caress off but it would be nice if the MP results stuff had its own thread. I see a new post and get excited thinking more info has come out and then it's the goon tournament thing.

Thanks for reading my post.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Nah not enough demand in for a MP thread, fine to keep it in here. Sorry for your wasted reading of words :(

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

DeathSandwich posted:

This seems kind of silly. It would make more sense to start Morghur in/around Brettonia because that's his normal haunt in the lore. Hell, move Kazhrak to Nordland and have Morghur start in Kashrak's old spot because at least then he's poised to go wreck the wood elves' poo poo. Kazhrak's quests pretty much all involve the human lands anyway, better to just start him there rather than forcing him to hoof it.

Are you saying Estalians aren't human? That's pretty racist, dude.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
I'm watching a let's play on youtube and only noticed what the Dwarf catapults launch when it was pointed out!
That is hilarious, awful, but hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwSYQnDgAT0

@11:25

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

That's only the RoR grudge thrower.
Check out the RoR Night Goblin Fanatic's special ability for another laugh.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Nanomashoes posted:

Game 2: VC(Nano) vs. Greenskins(sammvt)black orcs vs grave guard is pretty close, but my lord taking most of his hp bar in damage from goblin archers in melee somehow doesn't help. My army crumbles at the end but I feel like it still had a decent chance of winning. Bad map pick means I spend too much time chasing an arachnorok away. Sammvt takes

Only the rusty arrers were in melee. The goblin archers next to them were plucking away at point blank range.

Sorry for there being no new information about wood elves in my post.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Trujillo posted:

Only the rusty arrers were in melee. The goblin archers next to them were plucking away at point blank range.

Sorry for there being no new information about wood elves in my post.

Yeah I think taking a regular ol' vampire lord would have been smarter because they have way more armor. I'm a sucker for the newer units though.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

ChickenWing posted:

oh hmm i should probably post my steam ID eh?

steamcommunity.com/id/thechickenwing fite me

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

The Harpies were probably done for the Dark Elves by the team working on the second game, but I am still glad we are getting them back-ported to our Beastmen.

I did the mini-campaign but held out on taking the Beastmen on a tour of the grand campaign because I was waiting for the Wood Elves to be out to serve as their nemesis. Good thing this DLC comes around the time my semester ends.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

drat, SEGA, why wouldn't you at least put the DLC sale? :negative:

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Deakul posted:

drat, SEGA, why wouldn't you at least put the DLC sale? :negative:

I'm afraid sales on TW:W could be light and far between considering how well it is selling already.

Maybe they will put together some bundle deals when each of the 3 games is 'finished'. Also the winter sale isn't too far away either so hold out hope and stay strong.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Single player is no problem because AI is straight up predictable, but how do I git gud at multi? Just throw myself into matches until I learn? Are there any players I can watch?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Single player is no problem because AI is straight up predictable, but how do I git gud at multi? Just throw myself into matches until I learn? Are there any players I can watch?

Turin is pretty good, as he often explains his builds and tactics.

Ninjahund is kind of a diva, but plays the game with an obsessiveness that might be a psychiatric issue. He did write a pretty good multiplayer guide.

But really, best way is actually playing, but those might give you a leg-up.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Turin, HeirofCartgage, and Party Elite put up pretty good multiplayer breakdown videos. Watch some till you get a good idea of the basics but after that there's no substitute for experience so just go and play a bunch yourself.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Watch the replays posted in this thread by people playing in tourney

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Asmodai_00 posted:

Watch the replays posted in this thread by people playing in tourney

Nobody in the tournament is any good except Vox Nohili.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like reading and watching the replays as I try to improve my own play.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Nanomashoes posted:

Sir Ill have you know I almost won one of my six matches :colbert:

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Davincie posted:

confederate wurrzag? when i did greenskins after he came out the option simply wasnt there

You can definitely confederate Wurrzag, but he's bugged. If you confederate him his upkeep reduction for savage orcs goes from -50% to +30%, which is kinda really lovely for the LL with all the combat bonuses for savages.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Just get on quick battle and start playing matches. If you lose to something and you don't understand why or how, recreate that enemy army and use it yourself till you lose to something.

Start with cores of heavy elite infantry (more forgiving in melee if you forget to order them to charge) and limit cavalry to 1-2. Avoid ranged units until you don't have that "so much happening, can't react fast enough" feeling.

And don't worry because there are plenty of people on quick battle who pose a challenge level equal to the AI.

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Nov 24, 2016

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
Yeah, the only way to find really tough matches is to play in real tournaments such as esl, as opposed to quick matches and our more casual setup. Quick matches teach you not very much about "the meta" because it seems abandoned by those who really follow that sort of thing. So you can play quick matches just fine with even modest skills.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Turin's my favourite because he's the rare streamer who talks & acts like a human being. :)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Mordja posted:

Turin's my favourite because he's the rare streamer who talks & acts like a human being. :)

You mean you don't like Prince of Macedon believing he is the literal Asian-American reincarnation of Alexander the Great and proudly bragging about how he's never touched the singleplayer in any Total War game?

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Arcsquad12 posted:

Prince of Macedon

Total War 'personalities' pick the dumbest loving names.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Youtube how's it hanging I'm FurherOfReich and this is Total Warhammer.

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Nanomashoes posted:

Youtube how's it hanging I'm FurherOfReich and this is Total Warhammer.

You joke, but this is pretty much the Company of Heroes Youtube community.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Also watch your own replays and see what you can improve on.

Nanomashoes posted:

:(

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Genuinely excited about the harpies. Sure, it was probably done by the team working on the next game since the Dark Elves will have them and then they just backported them for the Beastmen but a 100% genuinely new unit with a new model, skeleton and animations is probably the most exciting FLC for the game so far for me.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Ammanas posted:

Nah not enough demand in for a MP thread, fine to keep it in here. Sorry for your wasted reading of words :(

A couple posts every page is plenty of demand.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

fnordcircle posted:

I guess I'm gonna be that guy and you can tell me to gently caress off but it would be nice if the MP results stuff had its own thread. I see a new post and get excited thinking more info has come out and then it's the goon tournament thing.

Thanks for reading my post.

I endorse this post

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Trujillo posted:

Also watch your own replays and see what you can improve on.

:(

You lost a game to me and I'm terrible, how does it feel to be down here with the plebs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
Edit: never mind

• Locked thread