Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Baloogan posted:

Inevitable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Jim Webb. Jim Webb would be president-elect. Jim Webb.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Baloogan posted:

jim webb hated the vietnamese so much he made sure to marry one of their women.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Baloogan posted:

would've been cool to see jim webb rip trump's head off during the first debate

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
Ey ballogan make America great again by sucking my dick

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

So back on the topic of organizing and salvaging rather than knifing one another over what was, how do you bridge the gap between the professional class and the working class when the former genuinely wants to make inroads. How do you do that without sounding wooden?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Condiv posted:

would've been cool to see jim webb rip trump's head off during the first debate

the first debate, he puts a glass of water and a pair of needlenose pliers on the podium

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

bump_fn posted:

Ey ballogan make America great again by sucking my dick

:hai:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Aurubin posted:

So back on the topic of organizing and salvaging rather than knifing one another over what was, how do you bridge the gap between the professional class and the working class when the former genuinely wants to make inroads. How do you do that without sounding wooden?

Promise Medicare for all and to bring a guillotine to Wall Street

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Aurubin posted:

Atrocious Joe posted:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Aurubin posted:

Salaried class vs Investment Class?

Even well paid professionals are getting shafted , and probably pay more in taxes then executives.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Atrocious Joe posted:

It probably would work. Of course then promise to use the guillotine.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
to clarify "guillotine to wall street" is not "your retirement savings" its "that fuckng billionaire who vomits when he makes eye contact w someone who isn't a multi millionaire"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Aurubin posted:

imo the left has the dangerous tendency to paint their opponents as dangerously naive unsalvageables or puts them on a pedestal. on a basic level americans relate to each-other through work and family, the professional class needs to involve themselves more in that way, perhaps volunteering at a church, even attending services on occasion, but being clear about your political beliefs and what you want out of life. people appreciate service.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Al! posted:

jim webb hated the vietnamese so much he made sure to marry one of their women.

Gotta destroy their bloodline.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Al! posted:

imo the left has the dangerous tendency to paint their opponents as dangerously naive unsalvageables or puts them on a pedestal. on a basic level americans relate to each-other through work and family, the professional class needs to involve themselves more in that way, perhaps volunteering at a church, even attending services on occasion, but being clear about your political beliefs and what you want out of life. people appreciate service.

it guarantees citizenship, i hear

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

zegermans posted:

Hey did you guys know that she killed Vince Foster and Seth Rich?

Man what a horrid person.

Also she stood in between the presidency and some dude that renamed like 3 post offices or something.

If you keep this up, chain probs start.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

bump_fn posted:

remember that politics is v local

Locally you may or may not need a witch hunt. If you don't , don't alienate people

If you do please do it with compassion because you might be able to flip some of them

good post imo

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Atrocious Joe posted:

If there's one thing the left should borrow from Trump, it's promising to jail political opponents.

What I'm saying is basically we need to promise to open up a gulag for all the CEOs, bankers, landlords, etc.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

DrProsek posted:

If there's one thing the left should borrow from Trump, it's promising to jail political opponents.

What I'm saying is basically we need to promise to open up a gulag for all the CEOs, bankers, landlords, etc.

*looks up from blueprints titled "Solar Disposal Rocket"*
GULAG!?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

Do this, get involved in a service organization. Or a church and help people.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

DrProsek posted:

This to, hell I know alot of right leaning people who hate wall street to. Promise to put away the bankers and you'll get alot of support,

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Crowsbeak posted:

This to, hell I know alot of right leaning people who hate wall street to. Promise to put away the bankers and you'll get alot of support,

I think there is room for debate that the whole LOCK HER UP was frustration as much as it was idiocy that Obama made bankers richer, and helped banker's kids get into the cushy jobs everyone elses kids who went to college aren't getting.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

I think the response to 2008 clarified who the establishment was looking out for. That the "recovery" has been so uneven is the exclamation point.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Nonsense posted:

I think there is room for debate that the whole LOCK HER UP was frustration as much as it was idiocy that Obama made bankers richer, and helped banker's kids get into the cushy jobs everyone elses kids who went to college aren't getting.

It was absolutely a lashing out at the status quo. Clinton is endemic of the policies that have made most parts of the country worse then they were before NAFTA. Whether she is personally to blame or not.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
I'm not even entirely sure how much I'm kidding when I say it'd be a great idea for Dems to campaign on the platform of "gulag Wall Street". Obviously it's unethical as gently caress to campaign on a platform of "jail my political opponents", Wall Street will dump its money and influence right into the other guy, and outright calling for the mass arrest of Wall Street will be fairly controversial among middle class folks...

But on the other hand, just imagine the debates;

"Drain the swamp, rawr rawr"

"Literally arrest all of Wall Street"

"Now hold on a minute, Wall Street has some great folks I wanna give tax cuts to--"

Like maybe scale this idea down a bit, promise to gulag only the heads of the top few companies for starters, see how we feel after that, but nobody would be able to accuse the "gulag Wall Street" candidate of being bought by corporations.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

shes not a terrible person, and hating her personally is weird

she is a coward and cowards are trash

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
jfk would be the only dem id ever think about voting for. jfk or jim webb. jim. webb. webb. jim. jim. webb.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

in boring intraparty news Keith Ellison got the endorsement of the president of American federation of teachers and American federation of state, county and municipal employees.

If Perez wants a chance at any labor support he needs to jump on right the hell now, because it's only his relationship with trumka that's probably keeping the alf-cio from endorsing Keith

of course what is left of the third way faction might try to push foward a candidate without labor support but that seems unwise but on the other hand see the "2016 clinton comedy campaign"

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
oh, and, obama

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Baloogan posted:

jfk would be the only dem id ever think about voting for. jfk or jim webb. jim. webb. webb. jim. jim. webb.

what if there was a really good one

hobotrashcanfires
Jul 24, 2013

Baloogan posted:

Yeah well, everyone knows you're bananas!

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

kerry killed people like webb why not him

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

what if there was a really good one

really good what

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Zikan posted:

kerry doesn't want to kill more people. webb would like to tell you about the person he killed last night

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
yup ^^ jim webb was like *grin* i'm proud of how i fought for america
and that smoke to me

Zikan posted:

lol bush killed loads more tho lolol

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/801568119189884931
https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/801583435454312448

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

brb, hopping on twitter

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

this election basically broke the guy it's kind of sad and pathetic now instead of funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Trump is not even in power yet, and people are already burying themselves alive

• Locked thread