Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadly_pudding

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Vynar posted:

I just straight up said that if anyone talks politics I will walk out and get in my car. Kind of rude but I can't take dealing with my sister and grandmother. Views aside one takes a childish view that it is a 100% binary good vs evil on every possible issue even if she knows nothing about the subject and will curse you out for disagreement. The other loves nothing more than being smug and feeling superior which drives me insane even if I agree on a thing.

edit: nvm I am being a buzzkill :<

deadly_pudding fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Nov 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArclightBorealis

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!
I can at least say I'm thankful that I've never had to deal with extended family members that I didn't like. Thanksgivings in the past have generally been pretty good to me in that regard, everyone gets along well.

The only downside is that I'm an introvert and as a result I just hole up in a room for privacy and save my energy for when everyone's ready to have dinner.

Senior Management

deadly_pudding posted:

<Canidate By Name>

Actually naming a candidate may or may not violate the no politics rule btw. Please try to be vague when alluding to party x being wrong about thing y.

:jerry:

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

I'm just tired of toddler karaoke interrupting my failing attempts to socialize with my family on their level.

I don't mesh well with my family, because I'm socially retarded. This is not made easier when the <6 YO cousins decide they want to sing, and refuse to start singing until everyone in attendance is gathered around watching silently. Last year it was Let It Go (by ice cold cartoon lady) 6 times, and Hello (by a Dell) 4 times.

I wonder what songs it will be this year and how often I will get yelled at by their dad for trying to step out so I don't have to cheer again

E: I do realize that this is an awful attitude to have and that I should be supportive and accepting of what children do, especially when im related to them. I just can't bring myself to actually find a positive aspect to the event.

I Was The Fury fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Nov 23, 2016

social vegan

y'all can just come up and be temp Canadians

I Was The Fury

social vegan posted:

y'all can just come up and be temp Canadians

Does it have to be temp

Senior Management

I Was The Fury posted:

I'm just tired of toddler karaoke interrupting my failing attempts to socialize with my family on their level.

I don't mesh well with my family, because I'm socially retarded. This is not made easier when the <6 YO cousins decide they want to sing, and refuse to start singing until everyone in attendance is gathered around watching silently. Last year it was Let It Go (by ice cold cartoon lady) 6 times, and Hello (by a Dell) 4 times.

I wonder what songs it will be this year and how often I will get yelled at by their dad for trying to step out so I don't have to cheer again

Sounds rough. Kids can just be a hassle even while trying to be fun and/or helpful.

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

I Was The Fury posted:

Just start crying uncontrollably during their performance and claim it's tears of joy but too intense to handle and I'm going to have a glass of wine does anyone else want a glass?

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

deadly_pudding

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

I Was The Fury posted:

Just start belting out the song with them, but like way louder and give them this look like, "I'm winning at YELLING :catstare:", the whole time

Eh! Frank

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease
my immediate family is united in our immense dislike of -political figure-, so politics shouldn't be a problem this thanksgiving, thankfully. and my youngest sister's baby daddy won't be there, so i don't have to worry about killing anybody.

my mom's side of the family can be a problem, luckily i have next to nothing to do with them any more (though my cousins are pretty cool usually). besides, any political talk would be sidelined due to my mom's ultra-religious parents' health problems, plus drama involving one of their sons/my uncles (who happens to be a sex offender) breaking his restraining order and having to be bailed out of jail. and worse*, another son and his family converted to catholicism (the horrors!) and if my grandparents finally heard through the grapevine about both sons' closeted bisexuality, then man oh man.

this year i'm thankful that i'm far enough away from this drama that it doesn't affect me but close enough that i can hear about it and laugh.

my dad's side of the family is either dead or scattered about the country, maybe world, so no worries there.

*according to my grandparents

deadly_pudding

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

My favorite thing about turkeys is how they are basically shaped like a garbage bag. There's a flock of a wild turkeys that lives by the freeway here. Sometimes I see them and get super excited, and start singing "The Boys Are Back in Town", but other times I think I see them and it's just debris from somebody's exploded tire.

vanisher

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

I Was The Fury

Historical Wizards

So which of you made this? https://ludonaut.itch.io/borb-the-birb

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
i'm grateful that, even though literally none of my family members agree on anything political, and will, in fact, find reasons to disagree with each other mainly a.) for sport and b.) because Being Correct Is Winning, holiday gatherings have never included political talk. i have no idea if this was something explicitly instituted by an elder and passed down or what.

however, i have no idea what thanksgiving with my mother in law will be like besides ulcer-inducing. we theoretically share views but she takes disagreeing to disagree all the way to a new plane of existence

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

I Was The Fury

Dick Bastardly posted:

Just start crying uncontrollably during their performance and claim it's tears of joy but too intense to handle and I'm going to have a glass of wine does anyone else want a glass?

I'd rather not encourage them, and the more drunk I get the more likely I am to voice an opinion or say something else that ruins thanksgiving ("cards against humanity has worse mechanics than apple to apples and makes unfunny non-jokes 95% of the time")

deadly_pudding posted:

Just start belting out the song with them, but like way louder and give them this look like, "I'm winning at YELLING :catstare:", the whole time

They never pick songs I know the words to. I'll make a request for some Brand New or something though and try it out

Eh! Frank posted:

and having to be bailed out of this year i'm thankful that i'm far enough away from this drama that it doesn't affect me but close enough that i can hear about it and laugh.
My family recently had some drama in that my 35 year old "aunt" found out that her 50 year old sister is not actually her sister, but is in fact her mother. I was made aware of this about a year and a half ago. She was made aware a few months ago when Nana let it slip after 35 years of silence haha

A Spider Covets

hmmmmm

I'm thankful for getting a job i finally like this year, even though it means I am the first to know all of Taco Tuesday King's antics lol. Thanksgiving should be chill, my family is good at avoiding politics and stuff and just getting buzzed and giving each other poo poo instead.

I usually try to bring something disgusting to the meal to see who will try it but I don't think I'll be able to top last year's offering of Pumpkin Wine

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

I Was The Fury

Oh right, thankfulness! Um, I'm thankful that I got a dog this year, and that he was already house trained. I'm also thankful I got a cat this year, and that it does not dislike me. I am also thankful for the support and love my girlfriend gives me, even when I'm being difficult. Finally, I am thankful that I have my good pals at BYOB to joke around with, and to chat with when I'm feeling less jokey.

eonwe

A Spider Covets posted:

hmmmmm

I'm thankful for getting a job i finally like this year, even though it means I am the first to know all of Taco Tuesday King's antics lol. Thanksgiving should be chill, my family is good at avoiding politics and stuff and just getting buzzed and giving each other poo poo instead.

I usually try to bring something disgusting to the meal to see who will try it but I don't think I'll be able to top last year's offering of Pumpkin Wine

congrats on the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Spider Covets

eonwe posted:

thank you!! getting paid to read about Florida Man A+++++

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

alnilam

:3:

alnilam

save your thankfulness for tomorrow people smh

bean mom

I'm getting it for us I'm in

alnilam

eonwe posted:

social vegan

I Was The Fury posted:

Does it have to be temp

i will marry as many of u as it take

death sext

social vegan posted:

i will marry as many of u as it take

its the proposal I've always dreamed of :o:

Senior Management

Thankfulness is a zero sum game and if you are thankful today you will ruin tomorrow's holiday for thousands of families.

SHY NUDIST GRRL

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I Was The Fury posted:

I'd rather not encourage them, and the more drunk I get the more likely I am to voice an opinion or say something else that ruins thanksgiving ("cards against humanity has worse mechanics than apple to apples and makes unfunny non-jokes 95% of the time")

Oh thank God I'm not the only one

social vegan

cards is fun the first time you play them and the crash afterwards is brutal unless you have a really fun crowd

vanisher

social vegan posted:

cards is fun the first time you play them and the crash afterwards is brutal unless you have a really fun crowd

Are you drinking 8oz of water per hand? The best way to prevent a card crash is to abstain.

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

I Was The Fury

social vegan posted:

The crash is the whole reason I have banned cards against humanity, catan, and munchkin from my household. Miranda has vetoed the munchkin ban because she still likes it, but one day she'll see the light. One day they'll all see the light.

SHY NUDIST GRRL

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Why won't my friends play eclipse with me. It's not like I'm asking them to commit to Twilight Imperium

Brought to you by our sponsor, Al!

Senior Management

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Why won't my friends play eclipse with me. It's not like I'm asking them to commit to Twilight Imperium

I bought that game but have yet to open it. It seems super complicated and I have not yet been able to round up enough players.

Historical Wizards

I've been told that I would probably like Twilight Imperium

SHY NUDIST GRRL

Vynar posted:

I bought that game but have yet to open it. It seems super complicated and I have not yet been able to round up enough players.

It's not as bad as it seems. Each action is pretty simple but there's a lot of moving parts in the whole cog work of the game. This is at its worse in the instructions which constantly reference other pages, even later pages.

Brought to you by our sponsor, Al!

ChickenWyngz

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!

social vegan posted:

Hey ChickenWyngz, u got any pets or cool hobbies

I have 3 chickens but I had to leave them behind when I moved in with my girlfriend a while ago, but I visit them alot. I tried skateboarding when I was 11 but there wasn't really anywhere to do it properly so I got my spirit crushed and now work in B2B sales as a husk devoid of my childhood dreams and sense of possibility.
Also thank you to the people who like my av :3:

social vegan

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

this is probably appropriate for the stdh but that did thread, but I played this once on a request and I didn't get it very well and I suck at war games so I abandoned my home planet and lived in a wormhole square and would attack, full force, anyone who got nearby

social vegan

ChickenWyngz posted:

I have 3 chickens but I had to leave them behind when I moved in with my girlfriend a while ago, but I visit them alot. I tried skateboarding when I was 11 but there wasn't really anywhere to do it properly so I got my spirit crushed and now work in B2B sales as a husk devoid of my childhood dreams and sense of possibility.
Also thank you to the people who like my av :3:

hey now buddy u gonna talk a big game or u gonna cough up dem chickans pics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Management

I took some pictures of my kitten but there are on my phone which is out of reach.