Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

cinci zoo sniper posted:

mix of both, primarily latter. also no idea why it's that gif there, i meant to post trump mobile

https://i.imgur.com/JPMxMvI.gifv

thought that was captain falcon for a second and was excited about a new f-zero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Ok dadchat opinion if I should get a game would I get xcim2, batman Arthas Knight, doom, or deus ex mankind divided?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Gin and Juche posted:

Ok dadchat opinion if I should get a game would I get xcim2, batman Arthas Knight, doom, or deus ex mankind divided?

embarrassing that this is in your autocorrect

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
What is it?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Gin and Juche posted:

id be inclined to get doom here, and i would never get arkham knight (for pc). to be fair though, im not really a fan of xcom or deus ex games. doom neither, but it's a very slick single player fps

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

sure

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/fR36Mss.gifv

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

cinci zoo sniper posted:

id be inclined to get doom here, and i would never get arkham knight (for pc). to be fair though, im not really a fan of xcom or deus ex games. doom neither, but it's a very slick single player fps

Is batman still messed up on pc?

:shrug:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
working for a living is, imo, bad, and i am seeking to depart from the system and live a barter lifestyle based on the currency of chickens and my own sumptuous flesh

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i like my menial paper-pushing job because it pays hourly and that means i can work lots of overtime to both make more money and distract myself from the soul eroding horror of a fundamentally purposeless existence

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I hate working and every second I spend there is like an eternity of torture.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Berke Negri posted:

your office sounds like a big train wreck

it is. when i first started i gave the company six months, when i was promoted i figured i would ride the gravy train until it all went tits up in a few weeks and now here i am two years later and it some how all keeps rolling along

Badger of Basra posted:

Aren't you a park ranger or something

no, that's the dream that was denied to me

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Gin and Juche posted:

Is batman still messed up on pc?
yes. they did pull the game from steam to fix it, but that didn't result in much being actually done, and even with assorted collection of fixes hacked up by the community it still barely works and runs like dogshit

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

cinci zoo sniper posted:

mix of both, primarily latter. also no idea why it's that gif there, i meant to post trump mobile

https://i.imgur.com/JPMxMvI.gifv
That's a Saudi Prince's car though.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Oxxidation posted:

i like my menial paper-pushing job because it pays hourly and that means i can work lots of overtime to both make more money and distract myself from the soul eroding horror of a fundamentally purposeless existence

any manager who can't adequately staff to avoid overtime should be mocked and then savagely beaten with the company ledger

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

kkk can you recommend a history of apartheid south africa for me to read

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
e

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jan 15, 2017

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Oxxidation posted:

sounds like you need a hobby! have you tried... writing a novel?

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

Gin and Juche posted:

xcom2 is good

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
ben carson for secretary of hud? they really just took the one black guy they had and shoved him into hud even though he has literally no qualifications to justify such an appointment.

loving lol

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

i hate working esp. third shift but now i am getting paid 15% more to work these bad hours so its somewhat tolerable ive had to do it for like 8 months this year lol

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Avshalom posted:

sounds like you need a hobby! have you tried... writing a novel?

i've had two short story ideas that i've carried with me for a decade, but never had the courage to put them to paper because me no word good

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

the best part of skyrim is getting overburdened and unable to run, and walking out of a dungeon, because you want to sell your loot and also melt down poo poo to get dwarven ingots :pcgaming:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Swan Oat posted:

i hate working esp. third shift but now i am getting paid 15% more to work these bad hours so its somewhat tolerable ive had to do it for like 8 months this year lol

just know that working the graveyard shift has been shown to take roughly five years off of your life expectancy and know you signed those years away for a percentage

Swan Oat posted:

the best part of skyrim is getting overburdened and unable to run, and walking out of a dungeon, because you want to sell your loot and also melt down poo poo to get dwarven ingots :pcgaming:

that's why you always carry a strength potion scrub

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

overencumbered

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

y'all should try working for the government

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

id love to work for the government, pensions and actual good insiurance plans sound nice and attractive

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Badger of Basra posted:

y'all should try working for the government

i tried, they prefer vets without degrees.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i tried, they prefer vets without degrees.

not the federal government, that's for scrubs and fascists now

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

just know that working the graveyard shift has been shown to take roughly five years off of your life expectancy and know you signed those years away for a percentage

its not permanent!!!!

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

read your local newspaper and apply for a job with the department that comes up least often in bad stories

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Badger of Basra posted:

not the federal government, that's for scrubs and fascists now

gonna be a hiring freeze anyways

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

i feel like the federal government has had a hiring freeze since 2000

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

given the way the world is going i'd consider that a positive

you wouldn't even have to save as much for retirement!

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Swan Oat posted:

id love to work for the government, pensions and actual good insiurance plans sound nice and attractive

my pension owns

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Badger of Basra posted:

read your local newspaper and apply for a job with the department that comes up least often in bad stories

hmmm, our state park system is most well known for piggy banking away tens of millions of dollars during the great recession when our public schools couldn't afford pencils

maybe i'll try the dmv

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

actually it's not much money really but it's nice 2 have

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Been prep cooking. Gonna start a novel on this thread.

Hollismason closed his laptop screen. The cities scheduled brown out for non citizen use of electronic devices was a few minutes away and he still wanted to microwave some noodles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i already have a fair amount socked away in my 401k, i mostly want a government job so i can loaf around without fear

Hollismason posted:

Been prep cooking. Gonna start a novel on this thread.

Hollismason closed his laptop screen. The cities scheduled brown out for non citizen use of electronic devices was a few minutes away and he still wanted to microwave some noodles.

your tone is too passive, more energy

• Locked thread