Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Mordja posted:

cat drunk. so what

more like 'please let me die in peace'

i know i'm over-anthropomorphizing but I hate seeing that picture :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Palpek posted:

Brace yourselves, Steam Awards™ are coming. http://store.steampowered.com/SteamAwardNominations/

Great, one more award show for gamers on the internet to spend weeks kvetching about while swearing that they totally don't care at all about it.

FirstAidKite posted:

This is dumb because you can totally browse through netflix even though it suggests stuff to you.

LoliRock was on there probably because this is KCB's family's netflix account where their 12 year-old watches anime and cartoons

It's like how steam has a steam queue that tries to recommend stuff to you but it's not very useful

Also Netflix intentionally recommends titles it thinks you'll give a low rating to, partially to refine its algorithm and partially because deep down inside people want to watch poo poo sometimes.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Phantasium posted:

I keep clicking this post and there's still no video.

I checked to see if the one video of him I have talking was somewhere I could get at it easy but I can't find, so here's a picture of him skateboarding instead.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
That's a rad skatebird

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

How do I download a video from Facebook. I found the one where he says yoshi.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Ciaphas posted:

more like 'please let me die in peace'

i know i'm over-anthropomorphizing but I hate seeing that picture :(

I like it. The cat is still eating and drinking on its own so it still wants to live.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

hello please vote nuclear throne for best use of farm animal (chicken)

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Guy Mann posted:

Great, one more award show for gamers on the internet to spend weeks kvetching about while swearing that they totally don't care at all about it.
I will be very disappointed if the Internet doesn't bond together to make some horrible hentai game #1 in every category.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
nuptunia whatever VII keeps being on sale on psn. It was like, 90% off during this last sale.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Klaus Kinski posted:

I will be very disappointed if the Internet doesn't bond together to make some horrible hentai game #1 in every category.

You know that it'd be #1 and then the organizers would be like "Oh look actually it didn't quite make it by the end! There was a surge at the 11th hour!"

pre:
Title                      Votes
Uncharted 4                4,601,201
Fondle Me On the Metro     4,601,200

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

oddium posted:

hello please vote nuclear throne for best use of farm animal (chicken)

Robots can be farm animals in 2016, so I'm all aboard that

Also have you seen the fangamer.com stuff for NT? Pretty neat figs.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

WoW is five bucks right now!! The "base game" purchase includes everything but the latest expansion, so if you feel like giving it a try there's no better time!

I'm on Aerie Peak.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

"wow" they must be desperate

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lobok posted:

You know that it'd be #1 and then the organizers would be like "Oh look actually it didn't quite make it by the end! There was a surge at the 11th hour!"

pre:
Title                      Votes
Uncharted 4                4,601,201
Fondle Me On the Metro     4,601,200

Fondle Me on the Metro is on steam?? No way! I guess I've gotta buy it again now.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Not really. They've been folding all past xpacs into the base game for a while now, since there's not much fervor for old endgame raids and such anymore.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The latest expac is the best they've released since Wrath of the Lich King, so I hope they stopped hemorrhaging subscribers as rapidly as they were.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Lizard Wizard posted:

WoW is five bucks right now!! The "base game" purchase includes everything but the latest expansion, so if you feel like giving it a try there's no better time!

I'm on Aerie Peak.

Don't you still have to pay monthly?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Mists of Pandaria was nice.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Don't you still have to pay monthly?

This is true. I usually buy a quarterly sub to save money.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Lizard Wizard posted:

I thought it was cool, but I was so burned out on the game and frustrated by Cata that it was also the only expac I didn't buy within a month of launch, so I barely got to experience it "as intended".

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Lizard Wizard posted:

Mists of Pandaria is secretly the best expansion and coincidentally the last expansion before they wound down their content cycle

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I can never go back to WoW after FFXIV taught me the joy of never having to make a loving alt

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

There are also WoW tokens, which can be bought for $20 and can then sold on the auction house for a fixed price (depending on market demand). The person who buys said token off the AH can then redeem it for a month of play time.

The prices are pretty attainable, obviously moreso if you have Legion and can farm the latest mats of course.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Lizard Wizard posted:

Not really. They've been folding all past xpacs into the base game for a while now, since there's not much fervor for old endgame raids and such anymore.

sounds to me like their dps is dropping. their "daily player score" that is

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

World of Warcraft is, what, 12 years old? Frankly the fact it's still going is pretty goddamn impressive.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

I checked to see if the one video of him I have talking was somewhere I could get at it easy but I can't find, so here's a picture of him skateboarding instead.

He picked the right toy.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the 99 dollar new 3ds black friday sku is up for preorder on amazon
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MFAWPRA/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=57AUY1NEOYOH&coliid=I25XAOQU2R3M5A&psc=1

if you don't have a 3ds and don't get this you are doing it wrong.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Nov 24, 2016

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Palpek posted:

Square Enix is having a great Black Friday sale: https://store.na.square-enix.com/black-friday-cyber-monday-sale/digital

Life Is Strange for $5
FFs $4-$9 each
Sleepy Dogs $5
New Deus Ex, Hitman, Tomb Raider 50% off

You can buy DAIKATANA in 2016.

Holy crap, there are some ancient games on here that I cannot believe are being sold.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Is there a thread to help you find a game? This might be a long shot, but I'm trying to find an old computer game.

It was a black and white shooter game set in a maze. The character that stands out to me is a floating smiley face with an evil grin. If I remember right it was a multipack of games too. This probably would have been around the era of Windows 95 or 98.

Sorry, don't mind the crazy guy, but please if anybody knows!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I said come in! posted:

You can buy DAIKATANA in 2016.

Holy crap, there are some ancient games on here that I cannot believe are being sold.

Do not buy daikatana please

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ImpAtom posted:

World of Warcraft is, what, 12 years old? Frankly the fact it's still going is pretty goddamn impressive.

drat. That means there are players who were born after it began.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
ended up with:

Out There
The Fall
Baldur's Gate II
The Room
The Room 2
The Silent Age
Rebel Galaxy
Life is Strange
Undertale
This War of Mine

I have $60 reserved for WD2 but I want to see some PC reviews first.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I feel like I'm always on the border of buying Sunless Sea.

Somebody push me over, one side or the other.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

I tried it once and couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do to get money for more supplies so my crew starved to death on a boat with no fuel in the middle of the sea.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

chumbler posted:

I tried it once and couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do to get money for more supplies so my crew starved to death on a boat with no fuel in the middle of the sea.
Port reports from visiting locations is the basic way to make money / get resources. You can start to find various shipping routes (eg stone from the Salt Lions, ferrying passengers, doing smuggling work), but that requires knowing where those things are.

It's really hard (and boring) to ship cargo from A to B to make a decent profit.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

nitsuga posted:

Is there a thread to help you find a game? This might be a long shot, but I'm trying to find an old computer game.

It was a black and white shooter game set in a maze. The character that stands out to me is a floating smiley face with an evil grin. If I remember right it was a multipack of games too. This probably would have been around the era of Windows 95 or 98.

Sorry, don't mind the crazy guy, but please if anybody knows!

You can try here but its a slow thread:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2855926&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

the 99 dollar new 3ds black friday sku is up for preorder on amazon
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MFAWPRA/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=57AUY1NEOYOH&coliid=I25XAOQU2R3M5A&psc=1

if you don't have a 3ds and don't get this you are doing it wrong.

ofc the Black Friday 3DS goes up at some random loving time on Wednesday.

I just want a cheap replacement for my hosed up 3DS, drat it!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Bad Seafood posted:

Their previous game was a browser text adventure called Fallen London and it really shows. The game is mostly long stretches of dull sailing and clunky combat in between text dumps of oh-so-cleaver anglophile Lovecraft steampunk worldbuilding, with resource management being the biggest bottleneck in the game and the devs actively patching out anything people discover that negates some of the tedium.

It kind of reminds me of Massive Chalice in that it being grueling and unfun is arguably the way its supposed to be and it complements the story and mood they're going for but it doesn't really make up for how tedious it is to actually play the game as a result.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The fake Miyamoto twitter account that steals memes from innocent babies has finally been suspended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

The fake Miyamoto twitter account that steals memes from innocent babies has finally been suspended.

Yet another example of nintendo removing beloved fan works, smh :(

• Locked thread