Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Shoot the rider in the face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Born in Bexhill
Apr 9, 2007
Just got best pilot score of 48 points ... on Suez. :shrug:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
The cavalry sword seems to have a 10m range, too.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

CornHolio posted:

I just did the close quarters one, which I thought would be impossible.

10 kills with sidearms (a pain int he rear end)
20 kills with SMGs (not too bad but I rarely use it so I had to really intentionally do this one)
20 kills with shotguns (easy)
5 kills with bladed melee weapons (easier than I thought)
5 kills with blunt melee weapons (harder but I did it)

Glad I don't have to do it again, I'll tell you that

This one took me like 2 or 3 hours. None of this is particularly difficult at all. Not sure why you think there's a difference in difficulty between bladed and blunt melee weapons? It's basically just: Sneak up behind enemies, stab them from behind / club them from behind. Shotguns and SMG's you can get in a single game without too much trouble.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Nov 23, 2016

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
The suppression assist doesn't count if you also get a kill assist on the same target. It has to be a "pure" suppression assist.
Also, there is something funky going on with giving orders. Sometimes I get a huge bonus after switching targets from attacking a point to defending a point. One time I got a single "Squad order followed" bonus of 770 points for setting a defend order on a point that had no squad mates nearby.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Finger Prince posted:

What, if anything, can infantry do to take down horse without being beheaded multiple times? Other than hide in building?

Get on some weird terrain, it's the horse's worst enemy.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Finger Prince posted:

What, if anything, can infantry do to take down horse without being beheaded multiple times? Other than hide in building?

The sword cannot hit you if you prone. You can be run over by the horse but it has a pretty wide turn radius, especially when running, so juke to the side and hit the deck and he won't be able to get you

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Dynamite :henget:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Set my new killstreak high with 39 kills to start off a game in the Arty Truck :)

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

That's your answer to everything.

As it should be :colbert:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Arty truck is the noob saibot of this game, I watched my friend go 1:3 kd until he got into one and took down a bomber in 2 minutes flat.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

5 day weekend starts today at 2pm central. I'll be busy tomorrow but I have Friday through Monday to play. Hit me up Bone Krew.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hahaha Amiens hardcore when the fog rolls in is awesome

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Beastie posted:

5 day weekend starts today at 2pm central. I'll be busy tomorrow but I have Friday through Monday to play. Hit me up Bone Krew.

Four day weekend for me so I'll definitely be on! Let's do some airplane wing manning and some arty truck double teaming :swoon:

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

RCarr posted:

This one took me like 2 or 3 hours. None of this is particularly difficult at all. Not sure why you think there's a difference in difficulty between bladed and blunt melee weapons? It's basically just: Sneak up behind enemies, stab them from behind / club them from behind. Shotguns and SMG's you can get in a single game without too much trouble.

Blunt weapons are slower, that's all.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013

FastestGunAlive posted:

Four day weekend for me so I'll definitely be on! Let's do some airplane wing manning and some arty truck double teaming :swoon:

Four day weekend here too so I'll pretty much be drunk as hell and trying to get my 5th gas grenade star

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I've won two games in a row as the Americans on Argonne, only to be utterly dominated next map on Sinai. Possibly because there are no tanks or planes on Argonne and the other team is composed entirely of tank and plane lords who don't know what to do without their vehicles?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://youtu.be/Shmmza-lWY0 oh wow that ww1 YouTube channel did the codecs and medal names

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Finger Prince posted:

I've won two games in a row as the Americans on Argonne, only to be utterly dominated next map on Sinai. Possibly because there are no tanks or planes on Argonne and the other team is composed entirely of tank and plane lords who don't know what to do without their vehicles?

Or maybe all the people who lost quit, or the server rebalanced and good squads joined. poo poo happens.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Vehicles actually own :gerty:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hardcore might be my favorite mode. It's so good.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I wish there was an easy for the bone krew to do 4v4 fog of war.

And by that I mean who has time on Sunday or Monday for some goon versus goon fog of war?

I like the idea of us creeping around having to call out to each other and getting each other killed.

Beastie fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Nov 23, 2016

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Finger Prince posted:

*Puts on tanklord hat* when I am not in a tank, I am playing support droppping ammo, or scouting with the scout. Actually, I have more fun playing infantry than tanks. Tanks are previsible, kind of boring to be honest. I only wish infantry combat had longer ttk, but I guest all the CoD kids want 0.85 seconds kills and that poo poo.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Chemmy posted:

Or maybe all the people who lost quit, or the server rebalanced and good squads joined. poo poo happens.

Sure, you never know. I was just surprised to actually win as the Americans not once but twice, and evidently not even with that amazing a team since we got killed the next round both times.
Also I miss incompetent tank drivers. Stop shooting my mines you assholes!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Ttk seems plenty long to me. I can unload five rounds from my machine gun into someone's chest before they shoot me dead. If it took any longer for me to kill people, I wouldn't want to play at all.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Finger Prince posted:

Sure, you never know. I was just surprised to actually win as the Americans not once but twice, and evidently not even with that amazing a team since we got killed the next round both times.
Also I miss incompetent tank drivers. Stop shooting my mines you assholes!

sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I think the key is to put them in high traffic areas, but not like obviously in the middle of the road or somewhere an errant grenade could set them off.

I put some down on Grappa on that lowest road next to C and forgot about it. Later in the game I stole a tank and drove off with a heavy tank right behind me. I think he was so focused on trying to take down my stolen tank he didn't wonder why i was driving on this random footpath and not through point C that we controlled. Anyway he chased me over the hill and BOOM :clint:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The Rank 10 Support gun is pretty alright. I haven't gotten a chance to try out the C93, though.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Skater showed me the beauty of using frag rifle nades to demolish the flamethrower kit

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Jimbot posted:

The Rank 10 Support gun is pretty alright. I haven't gotten a chance to try out the C93, though.

C93 is great. I've got three service stars with it. It does a bit less damage than the 1911 but it fires faster, has 8 +1 rounds, good range, and almost no recoil.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Which Automatico variant do you guys use and why? I keep hearing good things about the weapons but I'm not sure which one I should use.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Jimbot posted:

Which Automatico variant do you guys use and why? I keep hearing good things about the weapons but I'm not sure which one I should use.

Trench 100%, the gun is meant for hip firing

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I think you should be able to use the sights on your sidearm while wearing a gas mask.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
What's the go to support weapon now? They still feel like loving nightmares until the accuracy settles at which point I die to pistol fire from 3 miles away.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Moochewmoo posted:

What's the go to support weapon now? They still feel like loving nightmares until the accuracy settles at which point I die to pistol fire from 3 miles away.

BAR storm, pretend you're playing assault with ammo packs and unlimited grenades.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Jimbot posted:

If you can't help using ADS like me (especially for that nice console aim assist), the Automatico Storm is great. Not sure what the hipfire range is with the Trench, but the Storm can still melt people just fine from the hip in close quarters.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Hadn't been able to play for a fortnight due to real world stuff, and then my internets having a lovely connection to the servers making it impossible. Good to get back into it with a big session. Big patch and stuff, feels like I was away a lot longer.

Suez is actually great now. Still just a linear push, but the extra flags and those undulating dunes in the middle just make it feel much less of a giant deathmatch clusterfuck. Those dune crests were getting absolutely smashed up with explosion craters in my match, made that ridge a really interesting piece of terrain to fight over at C.

I got to have a match with a really cool pubbie motorcyclist. I spawned into the sidecar, and I was running assault (which I kinda hate mostly but I was chasing a medal). I remembered I was packing the AT rocket gun, which is the only reason I like the assault class, and we went storming through the tunnel on Monte Grappa and I blew up a landship from our improvised rocket bike. It loving owned. The rider stopped while I got out to resupply, then we rolled a couple more flags, and I'm casually leaning round to throw AT grenades into the house on E to clear it out. He was solid that guy.

Also a pleasure to get a decent pubbie bomber pilot again. I was running both guns, leaping into the front to mark targets for the bombing run and strafe targets of opportunity, then climbing into the rear gun to take down two pursuing fighters, then back into the front again. I will never tire of this.

I did very, very briefly try Hardcore, which I thought I'd love. I'm going to need to read up on what the deal is though, felt very disconcerting. Did they make the damage ridiculous? I died to a single shot from across the map from a gun that I felt shouldn't have killed me, and then went back to vanilla Conquest for the day. The lack of spotting also threw me off. I'm all about MY IMMERSION so I'm hoping Hardcore will sit right with me, but turns out vanilla has the balance and TTK just right so if they messed with that the I may just roll with the basic settings.

I got the MP18 Optical, think that will be my SMG of choice, surprisingly good. I had to play a bunch of assault for a medal, and man alive I hated getting the 10 dynamite kills. I hope I clear this medal as I just can't get with dynamite. Just too much stress to quickly hit d-pad, then left trigger while aiming, then right trigger. I'm too told and slow to quickly do that, I failed so many times. I like grenades, I like guns, I like explosions, but I am The Worst at dynamite. But I got my codex entry at least, and being forced to at least try to use it taught me where my limitations are, grateful to the medals for that.

I keep returning to the Benet Mercie storm, and the support class. No matter what I have to do to chase a medal, and how it affects my k/d or playing style, I swap back to support and that beautiful gun and suddenly I'm a murder machine again. Best class, best gun.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I don't think that support is necessarily suited to my playstyle, but machineguns are so fun to shoot, I'm gonna make it work.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
well heres a tribute for our group last night of me killing that xbox guy who was killin yall with the martini alot http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SKATER%20H8ER/video/23847874

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Skater h8er posted:

well heres a tribute for our group last night of me killing that xbox guy who was killin yall with the martini alot http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SKATER%20H8ER/video/23847874

Get online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Skater h8er posted:

:aaaaa: