Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Congrats on your 2 BP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

Congrats on your 2 BP.

I need 80 for all the EV training items I want.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Don't forget 20 for the item that lets you change abilities

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Is Battle Royale against humans or the machine?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

In Training posted:

lol

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i have a sylveon with swift, which hits all enemies, and i don't know the rules but that seems useful

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
so just use swift

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

hubris.height posted:

i have a sylveon with swift, which hits all enemies, and i don't know the rules but that seems useful

they nerf multi target moves which made my plan to spam earthquake/discharge not that optimal

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Is Battle Royale against humans or the machine?

Machines. It's a cool system and I bet online would be goofy fun, but against AI it's kind of a crapshoot.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Don't forget 20 for the item that lets you change abilities

What is it and can I get hidden abilities with it?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

In Training posted:

Good luck, gamer.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i have like a thousand bp stocked up in pokemon bank ready to put into sun when they patch in bank support

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

i have like a thousand bp stocked up in pokemon bank ready to put into sun when they patch in bank support

:stare: is there another way to get BP

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Yeah boy

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

the best strat for battle royal i can think of rn would be to give a move that always goes first that does the most damage, and protect to a pokemon with high speed and just protect until someone is low HP then snipe them

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

yeah you get Pokemiles for putting stuff into bank and you can change those into BP OP.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

yeah you get Pokemiles for putting stuff into bank and you can change those into BP OP.

Well I have hella poke miles but I can't do crap with that yet sadly.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

they should make a royal rumble mode

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

If it's anything like previous gens you get more BP for doing higher levels of stuff. Did a new battle royale unlock when you won the 1st one?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

If it's anything like previous gens you get more BP for doing higher levels of stuff. Did a new battle royale unlock when you won the 1st one?

Yah but I had to put it down right after, I'll dig in and report back

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

yeah in bank you just rack up either miles or bp by having dudes in there and i never took any so i have 1000+ bp waiting. hoping it doesnt wipe it all out when they update it

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Breloom is the best pokemon catcher, technician powered false swipe, high attack, and spore/stun spore. But you can't get him in this game ;____;

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Other good ones: Parasect has false swipe and spore, but is a weak peice of crap. Gallade can have false swipe and hypnosis, almost as good

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Soral posted:

you can scan after youve caught the pokemon but you can only scan each qr code once

i tried it today n a pokemon i scanned two days ago nd it worked, no idea. the island scan pokemon on melemele today is horsea btw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

gently caress my av's good. you mad e a good av, pablo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

idk if anyone mentioned it but f you hit y on the stat page iny our summary you can see your current EVs btw

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Ristolaz posted:

Breloom is the best pokemon catcher, technician powered false swipe, high attack, and spore/stun spore. But you can't get him in this game ;____;

the mystery gift snorlax was built to catch pokemon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Seems like gains on the next tier are doubled and there's room for like 5 levels maybe? So it'll be easier at the higher levels

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Once you hit hyper league+ you could enter with three Pokemon with explosion and farm BP relatively quick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I went 0-10 on normal rank and then won every higher difficulty after in one try lol. The AI gets fancier with status effects and protect spamming but it just means you can get type lucky and just one shot enemies without caring about strats. Weird difficulty curve unless I got stupid lucky

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How is Latios and Latias not considered a legendary Pokemon by these rules?? I smell collusion

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also ran into a guy using Regice. They were going last the whole game and I was about to win in the highest difficulty and then after 6 turns the Regice ate a berry that let itself go first and used Explosion and they won the game with a triple kill. This is like trying to beat the akuma that can read your inputs

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Also ran into a guy using Regice. They were going last the whole game and I was about to win in the highest difficulty and then after 6 turns the Regice ate a berry that let itself go first and used Explosion and they won the game with a triple kill. This is like trying to beat the akuma that can read your inputs

Custap berry ftw. I use an exploding Muk with it.

This area theme is awesome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By5jhTWOsY0

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

How is Latios and Latias not considered a legendary Pokemon by these rules?? I smell collusion

in ORAS, the battletree restricted you from using legendaries but once you got to harder AI matches they would have like Mewtwo-Zapdos-Kyorge teams and poo poo it's pure BS lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if you got into the really late game, they would straight up cheat. using legendaries with abilities they can't possibly have, moves that have a small chance of doing something (like rockslide flinch) are suddenly 100% successful, pokemon with hacked up speed stats etc. it was pure luck after a while

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive had to reset 20 times because i swear to god this legendary has 3 hp it cant take anything lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

in ORAS, the battletree restricted you from using legendaries but once you got to harder AI matches they would have like Mewtwo-Zapdos-Kyorge teams and poo poo it's pure BS lol

my first attempt this morning two different trainers had a Zapdos lol. Since I realized master is basically a total crapshoot since I haven't actually trained anybody for this I've been enjoying just seeing what shows up as settle for 2 or 3 BP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

I think they stack types against you so its important to have good coverage/switchins

• Locked thread