Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

the crash bomb boss at the end of megaman 2 is super hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ciaphas posted:

more like 'please let me die in peace'

i know i'm over-anthropomorphizing but I hate seeing that picture :(

The cat had a stroke and is a grumpy old man but is well taken care of. Please don't feel bad for him.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I feel like i want either Battlefield 1 or Titanfall 2. But, me being me, i just don't think i care that much about shooting at other players. At least not for long.

Maybe i'm just trying to retroactively justify buying that new gpu.

e:
Or maybe Dishonored 2, i liked the first one well enough.
e:e: :retrogames:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

CJacobs posted:

Yet another example of nintendo removing beloved fan works, smh :(

Oh man I really hope people don't actually try to say this was the real reason.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Oh man I really hope people don't actually try to say this was the real reason.

Someone is going to. Maybe not here, but it will happen! Does anyone know the real reason why it was suspended?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

CJacobs posted:

Someone is going to. Maybe not here, but it will happen! Does anyone know the real reason why it was suspended?

He stole a lot of posts from people, a lotta memes. But it was mostly when it got personal that people starting actively disliking the account. It got to a point where you'd see someone post something on their feed, a screenshot from a game or a picture of the actual person's dog looking at something I don't know and then a little while later he'd just repost the content without credit, type "WHO THE HELL DID THIS?" and rake in the likes and retweets.

Don't be pretending that's your dog looking at a thing man.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
drat. That's a bummer.

In steam sale news, I bought HITMAN™ ENTER A WORLD OF ASSASSINATION, so I will probably be playing that until the heat death of the universe. As someone who has not played a Hitman game aside from Absolution which is not representative of the Hitman series, what are some things I should know about it going in?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

the 99 dollar new 3ds black friday sku is up for preorder on amazon
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MFAWPRA/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=57AUY1NEOYOH&coliid=I25XAOQU2R3M5A&psc=1

if you don't have a 3ds and don't get this you are doing it wrong.

I'll take you up on the deal if you can get me the $99 needed to buy it :v:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Real hurthling! posted:

the 99 dollar new 3ds black friday sku is up for preorder on amazon
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MFAWPRA/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=57AUY1NEOYOH&coliid=I25XAOQU2R3M5A&psc=1

if you don't have a 3ds and don't get this you are doing it wrong.

Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Overwhelmed by the amount of Pokemon I just realized I'll be playing for the next two months

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

CJacobs posted:

In steam sale news, I bought HITMAN™ ENTER A WORLD OF ASSASSINATION, so I will probably be playing that until the heat death of the universe. As someone who has not played a Hitman game aside from Absolution which is not representative of the Hitman series, what are some things I should know about it going in?

The game is really loving good, I think you'll like it.

I've been taking my time, playing through each level like fifteen times before moving onto the next. I think that's how it was designed to be played, given how it was released.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

CJacobs posted:

drat. That's a bummer.

hitman is a puzzle game

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I just remembered Hitman GO is on steam

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Jay Rust posted:

The game is really loving good, I think you'll like it.

I've been taking my time, playing through each level like fifteen times before moving onto the next. I think that's how it was designed to be played, given how it was released.

Hell yeah. I watched some of the Giant Bomb videogamesmen bumble their way through the first episode and it looked very good.

oddium posted:

hitman is a puzzle game

That's a good answer!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

there's an option to turn off opportunity/challenge descriptions while still leaving the name and context photo, which i would do once you're comfortable. figuring out what you're supposed to do for The French Connection and a picture of a globe is more fun than reading "kill the target with the eiffel tower statue in the study"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I turned off everything during the tutorial and I failed on the second mission like 6 times and never played the game again. It's a very particular style of stealth, I need to dig in some time though and learn it because it seems cool

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

It'll be in stock either sometimes tomorrow or on Friday. That's just a placeholder listing.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oh wait, I guess it was in stock earlier today? Oh well :(

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

a kitten posted:

I feel like i want either Battlefield 1 or Titanfall 2. But, me being me, i just don't think i care that much about shooting at other players. At least not for long.

Maybe i'm just trying to retroactively justify buying that new gpu.

e:
Or maybe Dishonored 2, i liked the first one well enough.
e:e: :retrogames:

Titanfall 2 has a great single-player campaign but if you don't want to shoot other folks maybe just Redbox it for a couple of days.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
$99 3ds is live at walmart

https://www.walmart.com/ip/3DS-BLK-...type=10&veh=aff

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcniyQYFU6M

nier automato

It sure does! It turns into a Die Hard movie like right at the very end because hey why not. How did you enjoy the kickass ariport terminal setpiece that rules and is awesome

It was brilliantly violent and wonderfully fun.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

http://www.theonion.com/article/42-million-dead-in-bloodiest-black-friday-weekend--30517

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
and gamestop now

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3d...nG8Dxx1GIC2QE9Q

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm thankful for the ten bucks Sony gave me. What's ten bucks and good on PS4?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I remember reading that the PC port of Dark Souls was bad. Is that still the case or have the problems with it been fixed?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

chumbler posted:

I remember reading that the PC port of Dark Souls was bad. Is that still the case or have the problems with it been fixed?

DS1?

There are simple mods that fix the main issues.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Don't play with keyboard + mouse (unless you're some kind of superhero)

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Thank you for these, though it's sold out from Gamestop already.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'm thankful for the ten bucks Sony gave me. What's ten bucks and good on PS4?

Shadow of Mordor or Wolfenstein TOB, in the black friday sale. Kick in a couple of your own dollars and you can get Dishonored 1 or Arkham Knight.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yea these go quick. Best Buy is probably the last chance. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-new-3ds-super-mario-black-edition-black/5624704.p?skuId=5624704

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Out. Oh well, not sure i could justify 150 just for Pokemon since i dont commute or enjoy jrpgs.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

There's a deal/pricing error going on at Microsoft's store right now and they have Final Fantasy XV for u$35 on the Xbox One if anyone is interested in it.

Amazon has Dishonored 2 for u$34 for all systems. Game owns so everyone should get it.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

chumbler posted:

Look up DSFix and it's totally fine

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Found out recently that an early access game I was waiting for decided to go F2P just in time for the steam sale. It's a Men of War knockoff but since it's been that franchise of RTS has been dead for like a decade or whatever, I'm actually pretty excited to try it out. It's called Call to Arms in case anyone else likes that flavor of RTS.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Wait, is preordering online the only way to get the $99 New 3DS?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Thanks for the Dark Souls help. Seems to be running fine with DSfix.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

I'm wracking my brain for the last couple Steam Awards categories. Silly as it may be, I'm having fun here because you can pick from anything on Steam rather than pick through a pre-filtered list. I can't think of many nominees for tear-jerkers or game-within-a-games though, besides the usual suspects of Undertale, To the Moon, and GTA.

Also my nomination for best use of a farm animal went to Escape Goat 2.

Aging Millenial
Nov 24, 2016

by zen death robot

chumbler posted:

Thanks for the Dark Souls help. Seems to be running fine with DSfix.

Keep it at the standard framerate though (30 fps.) I heard things can get wonky if you increase the FPS. Plus the game actually has a cool aesthetic at 30 fps imo.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
IIRC, though somebody stop me if I'm wrong, Dark Souls uses frames to calculate certain things like fall damage, so when some guys tried to get it working at 60 FPS it turned out the slightest tumble would kill you since the game thought you'd fallen way farther and modified how much damage you took accordingly.

Might be another game but I'm pretty sure it was Dark Souls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yup that's Dark Souls, also the amazing rocket ladders at 60fps

• Locked thread