Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

bloodychill posted:

Hah! My impression was that Nomura burned out, it wasn't like they stole the project away and told him to go get hosed. How different is the final product from the original vision anyway? My only exposure to Versus13 was one preview and the combat preview that was apparently mocked up ala FF13's combat reveal.

Versus 13 didn't have a vision. That's the thing. Even right before it was scrapped in favor of 15, they only had a few plot elements and some CGI of the characters and the city of Insomnia. Even the gameplay was still fake. There was at one point where, I poo poo you not, Nomura wanted to scrap everything and make Versus 13 a musical after he saw Les Misérables and he had to be vetoed on that decision. Right now, he's probably making Kingdom Hearts 3 the entirety of the Atlantica section of Kingdom Hearts 2 and making Final Fantasy 7 remake the game that everyone has fake memories of playing rather than the game they actually played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

You will regret your words and deeds when you see HD Cloud riding a dolphin.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Motto posted:

I hope the remake is a 1:1 remake with the plot with all of the goofy stuff there, just with updated graphics. People will poo poo on it though because it doesn't fit with their memories of the game when it was there all along.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Luke, i am your father

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I hope the remake is a 1:1 remake with the plot with all of the goofy stuff there, just with updated graphics. People will poo poo on it though because it doesn't fit with their memories of the game when it was there all along.

I've seen the trailer. This is 100% not happening. :(

The good FFVII is the one you've already played.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Nomura and Tanaka should be locked in a vault and thrown into the ocean to never be heard from again.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Motto posted:

It seems to be akin to the MGS:R/MGR situation; they're separate entities, but the realized project contains repurposed aesthetic and conceptual elements from the canned one.

I guess history is repeating itself. You can still find folks angry about MGS: Rising being cancelled and wishing to lynch MGR

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Motto posted:

All I want is the boat scene where Red XIII is dressed like a sailor pretending to be a human.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

High fidelity hojo attempting to have a talking dog lion breed with a white young woman, the last of her kind.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Barret Sailor Costume DLC please.

Also Lightning's clothes for Cloud.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I kept wanting to make suggestions for improvements to the FFVII remake, because I think there's a lot of ways you can improve on it.

But honestly, if they just played straight with all this weird poo poo that seemed to be in the game solely because they could put it in there and didn't know not to, I think I'd be happy. Don't shy away from the warts, S-E, just show everyone exactly what it is they actually played.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Sure, let's have a slap fight between a martial artist and a business executive in a red party dress on top of a massive phallic structure, why not.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I want to watch Reeve watch his parents gently caress.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It would have been cooler if XV was a musical

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Krad posted:

Sure, let's have a slap fight between a martial artist and a business executive in a red party dress on top of a massive phallic structure, why not.

What can you do, SE knows their target demographic pretty well.

There is a lot of dumb stuff in this game but I feel like a lot of it is minor so it just makes the game more charming.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Mega64 posted:

the game is a complete failure for me if cloud wearing a dress isn't something i can wear all the way to safer sephiroth

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Mega64 posted:

will Cloud also have the privilege of saying "Meow meow choco chow"?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

im gonna vouch for "first ff is your favorite" cause i think X actually owns

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Sea Sponge Run posted:

X was my first FF and I was super excited for it and then super let down by how linear it was and how little customization or control I felt I had over my characters.

Then later I got Tactics Advance without really knowing what a Tactics game entailed and at first I was disappointed movement was grid based but I quickly realized that game owned.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
My first was Crystal Chronicles, and while it's not my favourite, it's still my favourite Moogle design. FFTA was the second one I played and I loved it, but FFIX is my favourite game. I played that only last year, so it doesn't really fit the trend.

Also, my first mainline FF was Dawn of Souls of FF I & II, so other then liking II more then most people, I don't really put them up as my favourites.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

the game is a complete failure for me if cloud wearing a dress isn't something i can wear all the way to safer sephiroth

I like how so many games spoof Clouds ability to wear a dress. Like in dissidia he could use dresses and perfumes for gear, which is something only female characters could do.

I'd pay real money for the privilege to use a dress for the rest of the game.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

The Dawn of Souls version of II is good.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I like how so many games spoof Clouds ability to wear a dress. Like in dissidia he could use dresses and perfumes for gear, which is something only female characters could do.

I'd pay real money for the privilege to use a dress for the rest of the game.

My favorite little "menu character interaction" in Theatrhythm Curtain Call is Tifa and Cloud showing up with the former saying "Cloud, why don't you try dressing up like a girl?" and then just walking off-screen.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Nearing the end of FFVI. I adore how open ended the World of Ruin is but I constantly stress about missing stuff. I might pull out a guide for peace of mind.

Also putting dresses on dudes should really be a gameplay mechanic in FF just like it is in TWEWY

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sea Sponge Run posted:

FFX wasn't my first but it's my favourite

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I started with FF8 and think it's garbage. I almost wrote off the entire genre because of it.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

It took me about 20 hours to realize Cyanz, Relmz and Gauz aren't the real character names and the Steam version just goofed when I pressed Z to confirm the default names :allears:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Nina posted:

It took me about 20 hours to realize Cyanz, Relmz and Gauz aren't the real character names and the Steam version just goofed when I pressed Z to confirm the default names :allears:

They certainly sound much cooler though.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

In Training posted:

It would have been cooler if XV was a musical

It would be the most black and white musical ever.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

FFX wasn't my first but it's my favourite

7 was my first but X is also my favorite. It was already my favorite from when I played it at 20 years old, but replaying it at 35 with two kids totally changed the experience. Is the only one I think you could reasonably call contemplative.

Is definitely not a perfect game, and replaying it drew its faults into sharper relief as well, but they had a good theme and worked it well the entire way.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Huxley posted:

Is the only one I think you could reasonably call contemplative..

Disagree, but I'm curious about what you mean by contemplative.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Nina posted:

Nearing the end of FFVI. I adore how open ended the World of Ruin is but I constantly stress about missing stuff. I might pull out a guide for peace of mind.

Also putting dresses on dudes should really be a gameplay mechanic in FF just like it is in TWEWY

To bring things around full circle, TWEWY also pulls off the whole "antisocial protagonist slapped with a responsibility he doesn't want gradually comes around and becomes likeable through FRIENDSHIP" about 1000% better than FF8

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nina posted:

Heels (-75% AGL on men)

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I bought a Playstation Pro today and my copy of FFXV is in the mail. I'm starting to get excited!

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

Sea Sponge Run posted:

It wasn't my first but yeah it owns. Owns even more on the Vita IMO. It's kind of amazing having every FF from I to X-2 on the same machine

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Renoistic posted:

I bought a Playstation Pro today and my copy of FFXV is in the mail. I'm starting to get excited!

Same, except my copy of FFXV is waiting to download and my 4K TV is in the mail. Hard to believe this is actually happening!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Someone help me understand FFXV Pre-order. The various sites don't seem to do a good breakdown. Is it better to get the Digital Premium w/ Season Pass included or to just get the Standard PS4 from Amazon (w/Amazon exclusive Gold Chocobo Regalia) and get the 20% Pre-order discount and buy the Season Pass later?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No one even knows what's in the season pass, get the base game for 20% off then see if you want any of the DLC later.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i posted the preorders search my posts ITT im driving rn

edit

Super No Vacancy posted:

ok I took this from neogaf I think the different order options are something like

Day One buy: masamune
Deluxe edition: masamune, royal raiment outfit, platinum car
Ultimate edition: masamune, royal raiment outfit, platinum car, travel pack, camera kit, angler set, gourmand set (squenix store exclusive)

Gamestop: A King’s Tale: Final Fantasy XV, a tie-in game which takes place 30 years before the main title and features retro-style graphics
Amazon: Final Fantasy Road Trip DLC (gold car, travel pack, camera kit, gourmand set, gae bolg, mage mashers, blazefire sabre), 20% discount
Microsoft Store: $10 gift code
BB:Best Buy: $10 in reward certificates and 20% off for Unlocked members; 20% off Kingsglaive movie
Square Enix Online Store Exclusive Offer - Receive a free FINAL FANTASY® XV postcard set

XB1 digital: A special Noctis outfit for your Avatar
PS4 digital: Final Fantasy 15 “Big Bang” theme

the season pass is only available for digital preorder and i think its story dlc for the non-noctis bros? but no release schedule or clue if thats legit. amazon is definitely the best option

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Renoistic posted:

First step on the road to disappointment!

me too though