Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Wasn't Feuti just complaining that they had to refund an idiot customer who had not been informed of the Protection Plan? I get that the Sundays and the weekdays aren't synched but yeesh, Feuti is really bad when it comes to making "retail sucks" comments that accidentally undermine each other.

It's All Right Chief Dharma

For those who don't know, this is the previous Boss who, like the current Boss, was fired for damaging the President's model ship. That strip was funnier, though, because Deok-hoo damaged it while the President wasn't in the room. The Boss precipitated the whole crisis by telling the President what happened and then taking the blame for it just to prove a point.

That recap, incidentally, should have clued you in to how no one (you like) is allowed to have nice things in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Some Guy TT posted:

Wasn't Feuti just complaining that they had to refund an idiot customer who had not been informed of the Protection Plan? I get that the Sundays and the weekdays aren't synched but yeesh, Feuti is really bad when it comes to making "retail sucks" comments that accidentally undermine each other.

Nah, that strip said the customer "said" nobody told them about the protection plan. If you've ever worked in an environment where you sell protection plans (or in my case, cell phone insurance), as soon as they drop it and break it/dunk it in water/lose it/have an issue outside of the warranty, suddenly nobody ever told them about the insurance plan (which you definitely told them about, and they definitely declined because "they've never broken a phone") and they demand a new one.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

TVs Ian posted:

Nah, that strip said the customer "said" nobody told them about the protection plan. If you've ever worked in an environment where you sell protection plans (or in my case, cell phone insurance), as soon as they drop it and break it/dunk it in water/lose it/have an issue outside of the warranty, suddenly nobody ever told them about the insurance plan (which you definitely told them about, and they definitely declined because "they've never broken a phone") and they demand a new one.

Ohhh so they're like that flight insurance I never buy. Of course bullshitting on that's a lot harder, since it's an electronic form rather than an actual person with an unrecorded conversation. Kind of surprised you don't just include that in the contracts so their denial is in writing.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

TofuDiva posted:

Substitute "45 RPM single" for CD, and you've got me. Right about the same time the peace symbol jumped from Aldermaston to the world.

There's old, and there's old, son.

I'm 53, so I know about 45s.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Good gravy, Eve, it's not like criminals are born in jail.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

ZeeToo posted:

:psyduck:

How do you even misjudge yourself/the world that badly?

If I recall correctly, the dog carrier was weighed down with a few gallons of water in jugs, so he was hauling this heavy load off-road on a flimsy caster wheel. He's lucky he had to abandon the whole thing so early, because he definitely would have died of exposure if he was further out.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Green Intern posted:

If I recall correctly, the dog carrier was weighed down with a few gallons of water in jugs, so he was hauling this heavy load off-road on a flimsy caster wheel. He's lucky he had to abandon the whole thing so early, because he definitely would have died of exposure if he was further out.

I just read through that whole thread. It's enough to corrode any faith in human intelligence that you may have.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Must be trying to win over the all important goon vote.

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

That's a pretty odd description of Edda's rear end that Amos came up with.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

Is it just me, or is her left hand much smaller than it should be?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Darthemed posted:

Is it just me, or is her left hand much smaller than it should be?

She's trumphanded.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Muerte is bipolar and was deep in a manic phase when he started that trek. He came out of it and basically admitted in a later blog post (I think) that he had destroyed his life in California for nothing. He's lucky everything broke down before he reached somewhere even remotely dangerous, like Mt. Diablo.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

They're dead.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Say Nothing posted:

They're dead.

That terrified look is the realization that she'll have to take care of Shannon.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

It feels insane to say this in a thread that houses those awful Working Daze nerds and the entire cast of Nancy, but I think Luann's parents are the least likable characters in comics.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

wonderful (v.) - To give/recieve good road head

tasukiscool
Feb 15, 2003

Voted most likely to be tied to train tracks 2007 - 2008
Slippery Tilde

kidcoelacanth posted:

It feels insane to say this in a thread that houses those awful Working Daze nerds and the entire cast of Nancy, but I think Luann's parents are the least likable characters in comics.

I'd say all of Dustin's family edges them out.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

Ohhh so they're like that flight insurance I never buy. Of course bullshitting on that's a lot harder, since it's an electronic form rather than an actual person with an unrecorded conversation. Kind of surprised you don't just include that in the contracts so their denial is in writing.
No, because then customers would complain about that. And even if a customer did sign off saying "no thanks", if they complain enough to corporate they'll get their way because it's either easier than arguing or because "the customer is always right." It's insanely easy for a customer to work that system and it's always the people at the store who get the blame.

Here's what you have to remember: at the corporate level, stores will never stand up to the customer. They will always buckle under and give them what they want.

I know we keep saying this, but yes Retail is an accurate depiction of working in retail with all the bullshit it entails.

The Classic Dinette Set does it itself.

Working Daze can get hosed.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix crosses over with Deep, Dark Fears.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

kidcoelacanth posted:

That's a bold claim, and I'm willing to hear you out on it, but I can't help but feel that they're nowhere to being the worst characters in Luann, much less the comics in general. Remember, Luann has, well, Luann.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

catlord posted:

That's a bold claim, and I'm willing to hear you out on it, but I can't help but feel that they're nowhere to being the worst characters in Luann, much less the comics in general. Remember, Luann has, well, Luann.

And who is responsible for Luann's existence?

Checkmate.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I just read through that whole thread. It's enough to corrode any faith in human intelligence that you may have.

Care to summarize so the rest of us don't have to skim through 78 pages of inanity?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You know the old skit about the goon stuck in a well? Imagine it's a goon trying to walk across america.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Tunicate posted:

And who is responsible for Luann's existence?

The best part about this damning argument is it can be used to denounce both Luann's parents and Evans.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hooray Mark Trail will be dead soon

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

How much would it cost to rent a car and drive it cross country? Wouldn't it be cheaper to, say, fashion some kind of web sling between the cab and trailer of an 18-wheeler?

That cross-country walking goon reminds me of an Ask/Tell thread a few years back where a guy was asking for advice to drive from I think like Seattle up into Alaska in the dead of winter. He wanted to do it just for kicks. A bunch of us were telling him it was stupid (I still believe that) and he was possilbly going to die, but some gave him some decent advice, and drat if he didn't loving do it. Sometimes they do follow through.

F Minus

Of course, in reality the tryptophan has little to no effect on you. You're actually tired because you shoved too much other foods into your gaping maw.

Mary Worth

"Dope! My homies and I can certainly get jiggy with a name like Iris! Say, could you buy us beer? We all forgot our IDs."

Rex Morgan MD

I'm pretty sure you're allowed to have a big meal on a November day in the UK if you like.

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

He'll be there, and he'll be worshipping Satan.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Nov 24, 2016

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Julet Esqu posted:

The Heart of Juliet Jones
What is (Mr.) Hodge Chance doing in that last panel, anyway? He's "mighty thirsty," so he's...shaking some salt onto a beer?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Trilobite posted:

What is (Mr.) Hodge Chance doing in that last panel, anyway? He's "mighty thirsty," so he's...shaking some salt onto a beer?
Putting salt in beer brings back the head. Edit: Apparently, some people also just think it tastes better that way. And there a tradition and some associated old wives tales.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Nov 24, 2016

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

It's. A. loving. Stamp.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The Creeps

Fred Basset

Frog Applause

Lockhorns

Office Hours

Reply All

Soup 2 Nutz

Also nine-hundred and ninety-nine. And literally every number over 100 that isn't a multiple of 100. :confused:

Ziggy

catlord posted:

Also Bernice. And Gunther.

SomeMathGuy posted:

Pearls Before Swine
Removing the gender-specific language from job titles: exactly the same as using unnecessarily long and obscure words for ordinary things, I guess.

Oh, this is delightful. :allears:

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

I'm thankful for how incredibly hosed up that baby is

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tiggum posted:

Also nine-hundred and ninety-nine. And literally every number over 100 that isn't a multiple of 100. :confused:
Three Halves.

quote:

Removing the gender-specific language from job titles: exactly the same as using unnecessarily long and obscure words for ordinary things, I guess.

The T-Rex solution is ideal

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Tunicate posted:

Three Halves.

What?

Vaishino
Nov 14, 2003

He'd like to come and meet us
But he thinks he'd blow our minds

Tiggum posted:

Soup 2 Nutz

P sure you aren't supposed to say "and" between the numbers like that. It's just nine-hundred ninety-nine.

Since they didn't specify whole numbers, halves are fair game. Tunicate is technically correct, the best kind of correct.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Vaishino posted:

P sure you aren't supposed to say "and" between the numbers like that. It's just nine-hundred ninety-nine.

It's a regionalism.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (November 1, 1951)

Nancy (December 16, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (August 15, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (September 13, 1923)

Lil' Abner (May 13, 1937)

Barney Google (September 14, 1922)

Alley Oop (December 14, 1933)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Transmodiar posted:

Care to summarize so the rest of us don't have to skim through 78 pages of inanity?

Goon w/ self-admitted mental health issues proposes to walk across America, San Francisco to Florida, to bring attention to mental health issues.
Goon reveals plan which even to the inexperienced appears to be lacking in planning, pragmatism, and even a firm grounding in reality.
Goon ignores advice from other goons, at least one of whom hikes for a living.
Goon scams outsiders out of $3k for support via gofundme.
Goon sets out bravely from a park in the SF Bay area, assuming 20+ miles of hiking per day.
Goon covers ~25 miles in 3 days.
Goon takes off a day to recover at a ranger station
Goon allegedly passes out on day 5, takes Uber home.
Goon then drives his lovely BMW east and breaks down in AZ.
Goon is reported to gofundme for scamming after updating his status with info on mechanical problems.
Goon is revealed (by sleuthing) to be a notorious scammer banned from SAMart.
Goon eventually drives to Florida.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze can get hosed.

No, the people in Working Daze are much worse than Luann. Bunch of right-wing nutjobs who are ecstatic that "The Donald" is going to be President and a new father who would probably forget to take care of his newborn child in order to watch new episodes of Dr. Who.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coatlicue
Sep 14, 2012

it doesn't matter
how fast or how far,
you're still runnin' like a fool
Wait so Brad and Toni are going to be gone until the day before their wedding? Leaving all the planning, reservations, and scheduling to everyone else? I thought Brad had "nobly" taken on all the planning on for himself since he was the one who wanted the big wedding...and now he's just skipping out?

Also my mom and sister work for roving fire crews/ fire departments and you can't have just like half your full time staff leave to fight a wild fire together, what happens if there is a fire in town?

Getting mad about comics.....

• Locked thread