Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Supergirl is good. It's the only one I can watch each week and not feel like it's a waste of time. I've already gone mostly to reading recaps of the other ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Dammed by faint praise

Arrow is pretty good this year. I will say I miss him being murder hobo, but he hasn't been that since season 1, so I should get over it.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Supergirl has definitely improved over last season. That's for sure. It is also the one of the four I feel least frustrated watching, even if it has its moments.

Flash just keeps beating its head against the wall making the same mistakes over and over again. Getting tiresome.

Arrow is mildly improved over last season so far, but it still is in the dumpster with how it plots out its episodes. Its big weakness is that they really want Arrow to be a team crime fighting show, but they have no idea how to write cohesive action team sequences nor create credible threats for them to fight that will be challenging and exciting. Last season, they had a grossly overpowered villain who kept kicking their asses because there was logically jackshit they could do about it. Constantine would have made great sense, but he couldn't be booked for multiple episodes. Instead we get some horse poo poo power of positive thinking winning the day. This season, they wanted to go more street level, but the problem is that the main bad guy up until two weeks ago was just some guy with brass knuckles, and they had a full team of armed fighters (and then one dude with literal magic powers) who just couldn't handle him. They either make everyone seem ridiculously incompetent, or make the villain too strong.

Legends is better than last season so far, but it's just such an unintelligent show that keeps trying too hard to be smart that I can't help but just shake my head sometimes. It's also a show that also does not have nearly the budget they wish they had, which results in a superhero team that constantly has reasons for not using their powers or abilities in any useful or creative way. I mean, they got rid of ATOM's suit and gave him the lame rear end cold gun that never freezing anything or anyone.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ToastyPotato posted:

I mean, they got rid of ATOM's suit and gave him the lame rear end cold gun that never freezing anything or anyone.

What? I was gonna ask if LoT was any better since I actually dropped that one (which says a lot since I have a really high threshold for poo poo TV) but geez.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

TwoPair posted:

What? I was gonna ask if LoT was any better since I actually dropped that one (which says a lot since I have a really high threshold for poo poo TV) but geez.
And then Ray, armed only with a freeze ray and faced with a bomb about to explode that he couldn't defuse due to it being ancient 80's technology, did the obvious thing and... disassembled his freeze ray to short circuit the bomb.

It's an immensely stupid show but the most entertaining CWverse one

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Supergirl is good. Arrow is good this season. Flash and Legends are "eh". They both are saved by having pretty good casts.

I've been rewatching a few episodes of Arrow S1 since the current season is kind of calling back to it a lot, I totally forgot about the whole Bratva thing with the Russian dudes, so the flashbacks this season are a nice callback to that. Also his treatment of Dig in the early episodes, and Thea being so bratty.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Supergirl: so while I totally understand her reasoning Maggie's rejection of Alex was a major downer

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CW schedule update: in January LoT is moving to Tuesdays after the Flash because they're giving the old timeslot to Riverdale. Hopefully they were aware of something like this happening because it could really screw up any timing based stuff. Also in super annoying news iZombie isn't coming back until freaking April.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

Also in super annoying news iZombie isn't coming back until freaking April.

Booooo. I just finished watching that on Netflix and I want more now dammit!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Probably has something to do with their overstuffed schedule. One thing I'm kind of worried about with this news is that No Tomorrow is losing it's timeslot and I really like that show.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
CW needs to expand to another day of the week.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rhyno posted:

CW needs to expand to another day of the week.

Worldwide legislation adds CWerday to the calendar.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Maggie Sawyer is a horrible person

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

It's a weird situation with Legends. On one hand, they extended its season, which is good news! On the other hand, it has lost half of its viewers at a time when Flash just had an upward spike. I think they are moving it to see if it is just the day/time that is weak, and not the show.

site posted:

Supergirl: so while I totally understand her reasoning Maggie's rejection of Alex was a major downer

irlZaphod posted:

Maggie Sawyer is a horrible person

Yeahhhh. That was not played very well. Maggie of all people should have known how big of a deal this was. It doesn't make sense that she was totally clued in on what was up with Alex except for the one key important bit about WHY these feelings were coming out.

On a different note, Mr. Terrific braiding and unbraiding his hair before and after missions is now the most distracting thing for me across all of these shows.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Why does he not have T Spheres yet?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

greatn posted:

Because they couldn't go having him be one of the smartest people in the planet. He's pretty much just there for comic relief at this point, which is sad.

Unrelated, but as time goes on, I just can't get used to the guy playing Ragman. I feel like he doesn't fit his character at all.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Arrow has been really solid this season, especially after two meandering seasons. Lasts night episode reminded me of an 80s cheesy action film and that is never a bad thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Vigilante was perfect on Arrow last night down to the goofy red visor.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

greatn posted:

They did a nod to them last year but that's probably all they're going to do because nobody is going to pay money to CG some floating balls around him all the time on a TV budget.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Just give him one or two then. Metallic spheres are like the cheapest CG ever.

Also, remember NANOBEES?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

ToastyPotato posted:

Because they couldn't go having him be one of the smartest people in the planet. He's pretty much just there for comic relief at this point, which is sad.

Unrelated, but as time goes on, I just can't get used to the guy playing Ragman. I feel like he doesn't fit his character at all.

And risk someone smarter than Felicity? Not on your life.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

muscles like this! posted:

They did a nod to them last year but that's probably all they're going to do because nobody is going to pay money to CG some floating balls around him all the time on a TV budget.

They have a cg shot every time they do an arrow, I don't think a sphere is even as complicated.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Once they have the thing modeled (which they already do, it's a sphere) the hardest part would be lighting it to the scene (which again, it's a loving sphere)

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Mr. Terrific is basically just there to be the damsel in distress, which is kind of....distressing. It is a shame that he isn't the over-confident super genius from the comics, and I am not just saying this because I would love to hear him and Ragman argue about how Ragman's powers don't really exist because logically magic doesn't exist.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ToastyPotato posted:

Yeahhhh. That was not played very well. Maggie of all people should have known how big of a deal this was. It doesn't make sense that she was totally clued in on what was up with Alex except for the one key important bit about WHY these feelings were coming out.

She was aware. I think the intent was that she just wasn't expecting Alex to be so forward about it before she could gently suggest they take some time before jumping into anything. Because the alternative's not great either, pity-dating Alex just because she's the one that prompted her to re-examine her sexuality and come out?

It's either have an awkward, painful conversation saying "I'm not sure this is a good idea right now" or act like she's into Alex in a way she's not sure is real.

Now, narratively it's obviously just to allow them to drag out the will they/won't they while allowing them to get past the point of Alex realising she's gay and telling people (I'm assuming we'll get some 'hilarity' with J'onn and Winn finding out in the next few weeks). With a bonus dollop of allowing Chyler Leigh to act her socks off. Her sobs at the end and the breathless way she had the coming out conversation with Kara were excellent. A lot of actors can't pull that off in a naturalistic way. It's like how laughing in film and theatre never quite sounds the way it really does.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Cardboard Box A posted:

Just give him one or two then. Metallic spheres are like the cheapest CG ever.

Also, remember NANOBEES?

I'll never forget the time a Metal Gear boss fought the Flash.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Episode 3 of Supergirl sure dropped a whole lot of alien characters in there.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Speaking of which

New Dominators crossover promo

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
And in a surprise to absolutely nobody, Mick is the best part of that promo.

And Felicity is the worst.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Supergirl and HeatWave could be a fun odd couple team-up. Especially if she cock-blocks him by freezing something he's trying to burn.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

And in a surprise to absolutely nobody, Mick is the best part of that promo.

I've seen the ratings reports, that's going to be a surprise to half the intended audience of that video.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

I don't mind Felicity (disclaimer: I haven't seen Arrow past season three yet) but that "Best team-up ever!" bit at the end was a bit :rolleyes:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I also hope that scene of Kara asking everyone their codenames is totally uncut and complete and goes through everyone on the cast of all 3 other shows, because that will make it literally like 4 minutes long.

And I haven't been watching Arrow this year, but why is Deathstroke in this crossover?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Deathstroke hasn't been on Arrow this season, my guess is an Ollie dream sequence or whatever the aliens do to people.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

And I haven't been watching Arrow this year, but why is Deathstroke in this crossover?
speedforce.png

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

I also hope that scene of Kara asking everyone their codenames is totally uncut and complete and goes through everyone on the cast of all 3 other shows, because that will make it literally like 4 minutes long.

Arrow's part of the crossover is also its 100th episode, and so they're bringing back a few dead characters.

Nobody knows exactly how yet but speculation is the aliens do something to make Ollie start seeing things.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Goddammit the extended trailer for Heroes vs Aliens has a Civil War copycat shot.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Scyantific posted:

Goddammit the extended trailer for Heroes vs Aliens has a Civil War copycat shot.

Are you honestly surprised?

e: also I've been binging Supergirl (up to s2 episode 3) and it's staggering how much it improves from that dire pilot as things move on. Also I never would've figured moving to CW would have been a good thing, but again, it's amazing how much things have improved.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Nov 27, 2016

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Daredevil-Season 1 is out now on Blu-Ray, but based on Amazon reviews, it is only worth getting if you haven't already seen it on Netflix over the past two years. The episodes are on the release, but that's about it. No special features or commentaries or anything else of that nature are included.

I mean gently caress, even Agents of Shield gets some lovely outtakes clips and stuff like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
No out takes on Daredevil because they got everything in one. No slip ups the entire shoot. It was incroyable.