Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Hexenritter posted:

I spent way too long doing this. What's wrong with me? :v:

If I remember right, the older Forza games had a timer stat for how long you spent editing paint jobs. Mine was higher than time spent racing :v:

[edit] Also photo mode.

Ak Gara fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Nov 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Throwback Wednesday:

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

I added my name to the spreadsheet.

Hook it up.

e: Never mind, I just joined via the game. They'll let anybody into this club. Goons.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Are there any good FH3 tuning calculators that don't suck (and are free)?

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Hexenritter posted:

I know the easiest way to find your Horizon Edition cars is to just scroll really fast through the list looking for the HE bonus indicators but is there a way to filter for them?

The way I sorted mine (and my Online cars) was to just make them favourites, that way you can filter on them and at least then you only have 8 or 9 cars to flick through instead of 100s.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Zip! posted:

The way I sorted mine (and my Online cars) was to just make them favourites, that way you can filter on them and at least then you only have 8 or 9 cars to flick through instead of 100s.

Yeah I noticed that option earlier. Now my Horizon editions, cop car and Main Force Patrol V8 Interceptor are more accessible than ever.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I was wondering why this buggy was so slow and getting my rear end beat until I remembered I lowered the trigger sensitivity to make drifting easier. Oops.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
What FH3 update hosed up and doesn't hide the taskbar anymore? Who the gently caress tests this poo poo before release?

--edit: Whatever they've hosed with also broke adaptive sync.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Nov 26, 2016

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Nothing ever breaks on updates to the game on the They Called the Third Xbox the Xbox One.
Because it's not some hilariously unique configuration of untestable combinations of hardware, software, updates & malware.

PC gaming master race my rear end, I use my GTX 1060 to play casual $2.99 sports management grinding games on Steam and it usually works flawlessly except when it doesn't.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Ether Frenzy posted:

Nothing ever breaks on updates to the game on the They Called the Third Xbox the Xbox One.
Because it's not some hilariously unique configuration of untestable combinations of hardware, software, updates & malware.

PC gaming master race my rear end, I use my GTX 1060 to play casual $2.99 sports management grinding games on Steam and it usually works flawlessly except when it doesn't.

Motorsport manager is really good if you're looking for another manager game.

It's not 2.99 tho

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Well, that didn't take long for this console-PC warrior bullshit to crop up...

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The joke is that I own a $250 video card and try to avoid playing PC games if the same game exists on either the Xbox One or the PS4 I own & console warrior for because I know if there's going to be a problem, it's going to be a problem on PC because there's an infinite combination of setups.

Sort of like when the SVP calls to angrily complain that the rounded corners and javascript hovers aren't working on the company website and you point out they're using IE 6

Norns posted:

Motorsport manager is really good if you're looking for another manager game.

It's not 2.99 tho
Thanks, I've had my eye on this but wasn't sure it would be deep enough/worth buying!

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I enjoyed the hell out of the "motorsport manager" on the android play store from a developer called "christian west". its not as detailed as the PC version but was fun to play for a phone game. The Kairosoft motorsport manager is also fun.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

FH3:

Is it me or are speedos terribly fake? Try driving at 30 mph and the trees are going by you at like 15 mph.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Ak Gara posted:

FH3:

Is it me or are speedos terribly fake? Try driving at 30 mph and the trees are going by you at like 15 mph.

Its the field of view

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Why did they think removing the ability to sell and buy things on the storefront was a good idea?

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
Blizzard Mountain expansion for FH3, December 13

quote:

With more than 50 new events and challenges to compete in, the expansion tests drivers’ skills across extreme weather and brand new race types, including Hill Climb, Descent and Blizzard race events.

Now, here’s a closer look at the new cars coming to the expansion:

2016 Ford GYMKHANA 9 Focus RS RX
1965 Ford F-100 Flareside Abatti Racing Trophy Truck
1975 Lancia Stratos HF Group 4
1985 Lancia Delta S4 Group B
2016 Nissan Titan Warrior Concept
2016 RJ Anderson #37 Polaris RZR-Rockstar Energy Pro 2 Truck
2016 Subaru #199 WRX STI VT15r Rally Car

And don’t forget to keep an eye out for that mystery barn find while discovering all that Blizzard Mountain has to offer this December.

ergot
Jan 25, 2002
Heresiarch

Ak Gara posted:

Are there any good FH3 tuning calculators that don't suck (and are free)?

bg55.com doesn't suck and is free

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Gonna have to buy that expansion just for the stratos

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

ergot posted:

bg55.com doesn't suck and is free

Looks good but how do I tell it imperial for speeds and power but metric for weights? Ie, weight in kg but power in ft.lbs of torque.
[edit] it won't allow cars faster than 217 mph?

Ak Gara fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Nov 28, 2016

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

ixnay posted:

1985 Lancia Delta S4 Group B

does this mean a proper twin charged Delta? :unsmigghh:

ergot
Jan 25, 2002
Heresiarch

Ak Gara posted:

Looks good but how do I tell it imperial for speeds and power but metric for weights? Ie, weight in kg but power in ft.lbs of torque.
[edit] it won't allow cars faster than 217 mph?

You don't, AFAIK. I'm pretty sure I've tuned cars to faster than 217mph without trubs.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I picked this up again on the weekend after not playing it for a month or so and while it still crashes at random times for no particular reason I'm having a lot of fun. The online races are way more fun than when the game launched because there is actual cars racing now and not a bunch of ghosts. It would be nice if they would fix that barn find that must have come in one of the updates to not get stuck in a continuous cut scene loop though.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Decided to pick this up for PC after having missed out on FM 5 6 and H2 due to not bothering with an Xbox One and I am loving it.

Surprised I can get 60fps and beyond out of an i5-3570k and a gtx970.

My fanatec csr elite worked with no ffb but switching it to g25 mode fixed that.

432z with the rocket bunny kit...

:perfect:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I have a 3570 k and a 1070 and there are definitely sub 60 fps sections such as the downtown area

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Haven't touched the game since release. Stutters to an annoying degree on my PC still after the last patch.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Heard the latest patch fixed things on PC, so I fired up the game and played for three hours without a hitch (except for some stuttering and not having online functionality).

Then I realized I was still on version 1.0.17, and some combination of Windows updates fixed my crashing.

I'm patching now and hopefully the latest patch will fix some of the stuttering so I can play this evening.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

You can usually last resort set it to xbone mode to resolve stuttering. That means locking 30 fps and setting the dynamic rendering to whatever achieves no drops. That's how I played the game for the first few weeks although it was crashing a lot back then, turning off microphone in the windows 10 settings is a bizarre fix but it worked for that. After one of the patches I don't get any stuttering and play the game in the 45-60 fps range on ultra

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Turning off the microphone in the privacy settings actually hosed the online part of the game for me for some bizarre reason.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

comatose posted:

Turning off the microphone in the privacy settings actually hosed the online part of the game for me for some bizarre reason.
Yeah, I couldn't use the Xbox app until I turned the privacy off the mic, so I just unplug it when I'm not playing I guess.

Also I spent an hour and a loving half trying to fix the "Teredo tunneling protocol" bullshit in cmdprompt before I could even play online.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Pressing X and Y changes the colours used in special paints!? :aaa:

Also, oh god the wide bodykit for the Reliant Regal!

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Two Tone Semi Gloss blue on blue. Polished Aluminium or Polished Carbon Fibre with the tint set to blue looked good, too. Now if only FH3 didn't save in crappy jpg. [edit] Using xbox one controller's screenshot function exports a png to OneDrive.

Ak Gara fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Dec 1, 2016

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
I'm still mad they took all the Rally stuff for that car out.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Atmus posted:

I'm still mad they took all the Rally stuff for that car out.

What? I just made a build of that car not that long ago and the rally add-ons were there.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

ethanol posted:

I have a 3570 k and a 1070 and there are definitely sub 60 fps sections such as the downtown area

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

L_Harrison posted:

What? I just made a build of that car not that long ago and the rally add-ons were there.

Maybe they put it back in? It wasn't there when I tried to do it way back, anyway.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Reliant Super Van, not a good choice for playground games.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

I just built a 240sx with a 4rotor and rocket bunny bodykit.

It's stupid! So stupid! It tries to kill me constantly. <3

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Do I understand that Blizzard Mountain stuff right in that they're going to expand the in-game world in size?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

aaaw yis HDR photos. Now if only I had an LG B6.

• Locked thread