Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bro, that loving sucks but you need to be free of these people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

What a loving train wreck.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Rhyno posted:

This made me laugh so much harder than it should.l have.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Massive understatements of the year.

And yeah. His wife is out tomorrow (I hate to do that, she's a good person who's made some bad life choices). Husband is already banned. They can come by to pick up their poo poo, but only if I'm here. I've already removed their alarm code, and I'll be getting the locks changed tomorrow.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Nov 24, 2016

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

And yeah. His wife is out tomorrow (I hate to do that, she's a good person who's made some bad life choices). Husband is already banned. They can come by to pick up their poo poo, but only if I'm here. I've already removed their alarm code, and I'll be getting the locks changed tomorrow.

Is that legal for you to do?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
:catstare:
That sounds like a hell of a loving afternoon, your roommate sounds like he was on the wrong end of a 3-day speed binge. What kind of tweaker rear end in a top hat fucks with the cops after getting let off with a fine?

He probably got brought to the hospital because that's the behavior of a guy who is high out of his goddamn mind....
Friendly warning from someone who used to work in a Trauma 2 ER, by and large, we like the cops and paramedics a lot. People who assaulted officers seem strangely difficult to draw blood from, and if they also happen swing at paramedics, it can be very difficult to properly place a urinary catheter for reasons that are beyond me. The complications that can arise when assholes show up strapped to things would blow your mind.
The worst story I've heard was a guy who was sexually harassing an older nurse who was going to be inserting his catheter before surgery. And for some bizarre reason, there was a couple of 28fr in the box for the 18fr catheters and she accidentally tried to insert a catheter that was roughly the size of an 14mm JIS bolt into his dick

E: We did always keep up to 32fr (:stonk:) catheters around, but those were never to be touched without a urologist and a set of sounds being present

EE: I may have used the wrong standard of measurement in my example...

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Nov 24, 2016

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
I mean, JIS is right. Nnnffff...

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

CharlesM posted:

Is that legal for you to do?

They aren't on my lease, and don't receive mail here; ergo they have no way to prove they live here. It's already a mutual agreement that they'll be leaving.

If I want to do it by the book, I do a 3 day quit notice, then change the locks. But then the property management gets involved and finds out I have unauthorized tenants, which gets me evicted and ruins my own rental history. I would have to let them back in by request during business hours, but they're not paying the agreed-upon rent anyway, and never have.

Texas landlord/tenant laws are heavily in favor of the landlord. In this case, I would be the landlord for them. But the little bit of cash they have given me (not even 1/10 of what was agreed upon awhile back) was cash, there's no way to trace anyway.

The wife knows the laws a bit, but we've both agreed it's best we all go our separate ways. The husband (who's still in jail) can barely spell his own name, so..:hurr:

The Door Frame posted:

That sounds like a hell of a loving afternoon, your roommate sounds like he was on the wrong end of a 3-day speed binge. What kind of tweaker rear end in a top hat fucks with the cops after getting let off with a fine?

He probably got brought to the hospital because that's the behavior of a guy who is high out of his goddamn mind....
Friendly warning from someone who used to work in a Trauma 2 ER, by and large, we like the cops and paramedics a lot. People who assaulted officers seem strangely difficult to draw blood from, and if they also happen swing at paramedics, it can be very difficult to properly place a urinary catheter for reasons that are beyond me. The complications that can arise when assholes show up strapped to things would blow your mind.
The worst story I've heard was a guy who was sexually harassing an older nurse who was going to be inserting his catheter before surgery. And for some bizarre reason, there was a couple of 28fr in the box for the 18fr catheters and she accidentally tried to insert a catheter that was roughly the size of an 14mm JIS bolt into his dick

That's the thing... there was no fine! It was just a written warning basically stating "you cannot be on this property for the next year" (it's the exact same warning I received, a 3rd grader could understand it). I can't speak for the meth - it wouldn't surprise me, but his diabetes is also basically uncontrolled. One minute he'll test at 32, an hour later it's just showing "HI" on the meter. I know once he's above about 500, he's a different person. He's been hospitalized 15 times so far this year, most of those times for DKA.

Diabetes or not, I can't tolerate the random outbursts of anger, and if it comes to it, I have no problem filing a restraining order. The neighbors have already sent the cops out here a couple of times because of his blowups, so there's already a pattern at my address. :fuckoff:

Also loving OUCH. I had a regular cath once and it was more than unpleasant.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Alright, just want to make sure you don't get in trouble somehow. Legal issue like that could be more than a hassle.

On another topic, watching Miami Vice (1984) and there's a scene here where I see three Deloreans. Also a Biturbo.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Previa_fun posted:

Danny Brown is a p. good rapper. I enjoy pretty much all of his work although is latest album is...different.

I've recently come around on Run The Jewels. Killer Mike and El-P complement each other real well on tracks.

Danny Brown seems like the kind of guy you could hang out with, drink some lovely beer, smoke a bit and chat poo poo for hours. I fucks with Danny Brown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj0jiEIyT24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0s0XHVUGF0

This one gets honourable mention due to Darq E Freaker being a UK Grime producer and this will be the only tune you'll probably ever hear featuring a baseball organ. Goes hard too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-92qAjbGDo

And yeah, RtJ are so good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUC2EQvdzmY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEOximWoFd0

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Nov 24, 2016

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Is MR and RR layout oversteer overblown? I know that MR2's were infamous for snap oversteer, but I've never heard anything about old school VAG cars or even Fiero's just losing control in corners. Was it just that the MR2 was cheap and fast enough for young idiots to Darwin Award themselves, and then the odd steering quirk inherent in the platform got blamed for someone taking a hairpin turn 35 MPH faster than they should have?

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

That's the thing... there was no fine! It was just a written warning basically stating "you cannot be on this property for the next year" (it's the exact same warning I received, a 3rd grader could understand it). I can't speak for the meth - it wouldn't surprise me, but his diabetes is also basically uncontrolled. One minute he'll test at 32, an hour later it's just showing "HI" on the meter. I know once he's above about 500, he's a different person. He's been hospitalized 15 times so far this year, most of those times for DKA.

Diabetes or not, I can't tolerate the random outbursts of anger, and if it comes to it, I have no problem filing a restraining order. The neighbors have already sent the cops out here a couple of times because of his blowups, so there's already a pattern at my address. :fuckoff:

Also loving OUCH. I had a regular cath once and it was more than unpleasant.

It wasn't even a fine? That's even worse! Just walk away, you've already won
Jesus, does he have any signs of neuropathy yet? Because he's going to fry his nerves, blow holes in his eyes and kidneys, and lose his loving feet... Willingly going into a fatal and easily preventable condition 15 times in less than 12 months is a red flag that he's ridiculously unstable, hyperglycemia or not.

Yeah, you probably got a 16fr, which is kind of the unofficial standard, or at max an 18fr. It's never pleasant, but something as easy to overlook as improper lubrication can make it very painful. There's a thing we had called a GU(Gyno/urology) cart, and restocking it always gave me weird sympathetic/phantom pains. I can't remember the name of the instrument, but it's basically a vacuum hose clamp for your dick so that you can't move and break off the nephrology catheters, and also the Van-something sounds that are basically just straightened out coat hangers... Ugh typing this makes me nauseous

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

The Door Frame posted:

Is MR and RR layout oversteer overblown? I know that MR2's were infamous for snap oversteer, but I've never heard anything about old school VAG cars or even Fiero's just losing control in corners. Was it just that the MR2 was cheap and fast enough for young idiots to Darwin Award themselves, and then the odd steering quirk inherent in the platform got blamed for someone taking a hairpin turn 35 MPH faster than they should have?
It's overblown a fair amount. Biggest issue is people go into a corner too fast and panic so they lift off the throttle. Second you do that the weight transfers forward and that heavy engine wants to be in front. As long as you can train yourself not to lift abruptly you're fine for the most part. If you know what you're doing they're stupid fast and the MR/RR platform is amazing.

STR/TGH ... drat man :catstare:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

NitroSpazzz posted:

It's overblown a fair amount. Biggest issue is people go into a corner too fast and panic so they lift off the throttle. Second you do that the weight transfers forward and that heavy engine wants to be in front. As long as you can train yourself not to lift abruptly you're fine for the most part. If you know what you're doing they're stupid fast and the MR/RR platform is amazing.

STR/TGH ... drat man :catstare:

So just know the limits of the car and don't push them without a very cool head, because the panic corrections that FF cars train you for will break traction in the worst way. That sounds like something I could manage to do.
So how do you actually correct in a corner that's going poorly, slowly engine braking and turning against the direction that the rear is traveling? Or has it pretty much passed the point of coming out of the corner properly once it's actually "snapped"?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I think they made revisions to the MR2's rear suspension at some point that made it a lot more easy to handle.

Here's a classic video of WTF stupidity with a MR2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThPCiCm36X4

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Oh, no MR2 for me, it was just the car that comes to mind when I think Mid-engined RWD, since it is in the name and whatnot. If all goes well, by this time next week, I'll have a different MR car with a T-top, an 81 FIAT X1/9. I definitely plan on updating the suspension on ASAP and I have money for winter tires and a spare set of wheels set aside, but I want to be sure that if I gently caress up in the snow/slush/ice and start losing control, that I understand how to unfuck myself

E: unfuck myself without starting the whole snap oversteer nonsense and going from bad to worse

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Nov 24, 2016

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

The Door Frame posted:

Gonna be a bastard here, but knock it off with that poo poo. A patient's behavior towards cops, as reported by the cops, should not influence your treatment of them beyond assessing risk factors for them being a problem during treatment. That's basic loving ethics. You don't have to be super friendly to them, but causing intentional further possible injury is loving low.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Nov 24, 2016

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

The Door Frame posted:

Oh, no MR2 for me, it was just the car that comes to mind when I think Mid-engined RWD, since it is in the name and whatnot. If all goes well, by this time next week, I'll have a different MR car with a T-top, an 81 FIAT X1/9. I definitely plan on updating the suspension on ASAP and I have money for winter tires and a spare set of wheels set aside, but I want to be sure that if I gently caress up in the snow/slush/ice and start losing control, that I understand how to unfuck myself

E: unfuck myself without starting the whole snap oversteer nonsense and going from bad to worse

NEVER LIFT

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

The Door Frame posted:

So how do you actually correct in a corner that's going poorly, slowly engine braking and turning against the direction that the rear is traveling? Or has it pretty much passed the point of coming out of the corner properly once it's actually "snapped"?
Trust the car and know its limits. Once you're accustomed to it you can use a slight lift to rotate the car which is really fun and really unnerving for a passenger.

But basically
and if you do it better be a calculated lift not a 'oh poo poo' lift

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Thanksgiving AI, is your table set?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

THE DOG IS WEARING SHOES :3:

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Booties to protect against sticker burrs. He won't go outside without them.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

HAPPY THANKSGIVING JERKS

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Dude that's a lovely situation, but look on the positive side.....At least the blow up happened at a public place and not in your house which would have happened eventually from the sounds of it.

Also don't worry about the trespass, when your roommate is gone go talk to management at the store, tell them you're not associated with him anymore and they'll probably drop it.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Mustache Ride posted:

Happy Thanksgiving AI, is your table set?

Is that a router on the table? I don't think that's the right tool to carve a turkey.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Deeters posted:

Is that a router on the table? I don't think that's the right tool to carve a turkey.

Wedge turkey on top, spin it up and just open your mouth. Efficiency and then you can concentrate on getting drunk.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Liquid Communism posted:

Gonna be a bastard here, but knock it off with that poo poo. A patient's behavior towards cops, as reported by the cops, should not influence your treatment of them beyond assessing risk factors for them being a problem during treatment. That's basic loving ethics. You don't have to be super friendly to them, but causing intentional further possible injury is loving low.

Seconding this, it's very common for the police to use assault on an officer charges to cover their asses when they go overboard on someone who probably didn't actually deserve an assbeating. So in these cases you have a pretty good chance of intentionally inflicting further injury and pain on someone who might have only mouthed off to the cops (or wasn't "cooperative enough", or one of any number of petty things that the police respond with unjustified physical violence to) before having their face caved in.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Applebees Appetizer posted:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING JERKS

Dawwww.. Happy Thanggiving to you too, and everybody else. :3:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Wedge turkey on top, spin it up and just open your mouth. Efficiency and then you can concentrate on getting drunk.

If I hadn't met you personally I'd now suspect you're Colin Furze.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Geoj posted:

Seconding this, it's very common for the police to use assault on an officer charges to cover their asses when they go overboard on someone who probably didn't actually deserve an assbeating. So in these cases you have a pretty good chance of intentionally inflicting further injury and pain on someone who might have only mouthed off to the cops (or wasn't "cooperative enough", or one of any number of petty things that the police respond with unjustified physical violence to) before having their face caved in.

Not to mention whatever they did before has no bearing on the medical treatment they deserve as a human loving being.

If you intentionally hurt someone while administering care, you're a piece of poo poo.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Rhyno posted:

My first thought when I read it was "Rhyno's friendship circle is leaking".

Which sounds like a rather unfortunate euphamism, now I think about it.

iwentdoodie posted:

If you intentionally hurt someone while administering care, you're a piece of poo poo.
Also this.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Oh my loving god whiskey and bacon beans the day after ghost pepper chicken WAS A BAD IDEA

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Happy Thanksgiving AI.

Apparently Thanksgiving in Valentine NE is going to be a very special one. :v:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
It is now the HeFart City

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Happy Thanksgiving, nerds.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

InitialDave posted:

My first thought when I read it was "Rhyno's friendship circle is leaking".

Which sounds like a rather unfortunate euphamism, now I think about it.

Also this.

It's more of a rhombus.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

iwentdoodie posted:

Not to mention whatever they did before has no bearing on the medical treatment they deserve as a human loving being.

I was just a Tech, I couldn't do any of that stuff, except draw blood, but nurses directly took care of dangerous patients anyways. That's just what I saw happen in the ER, and why I'm giving a warning. Because nurses' skill is the only thing that makes it so things don't hurt, it's really easy for them to "accidentally" hurt people. Most are compassionate people, but there are vindictive bitches who just can't hit a vein.

NitroSpazzz posted:

Trust the car and know its limits. Once you're accustomed to it you can use a slight lift to rotate the car which is really fun and really unnerving for a passenger.

But basically

and if you do it better be a calculated lift not a 'oh poo poo' lift

Copy that

E: That particular ER actually made my sister leave nursing school, made my mom quit direct patient interaction for a few years, and made me switch my focus from trauma to surgery. The ER is fun and fast paced, but there's so much abject human misery that I left the hospital a year ago to become a bartender so that I wouldn't end up burnt out like my sister. There was one patient that I spent a total of 5 minutes with that made me quit patient interaction 6 months earlier and take over inventory in the OR, but I still had to get out of that place for a while for some air.
I have horror stories from the OR too, but those are malpractice and incompetence stories, and not humans intentionally being horrible to each other. The OR is super high stress, but most people leave fixed, which feels so much better than just dumping people back on the street

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Nov 24, 2016

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Rhyno posted:

It's more of a rhombus.
Maybe you could try kegel exercises or something.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
That moment when you are working on your car and grab a drink from inside and realise no the fridge is not running warm

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Deeters posted:

Thanksgiving is no time to run out of sawzall blades.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Applebees Appetizer posted:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING JERKS

Dude that's a lovely situation, but look on the positive side.....At least the blow up happened at a public place and not in your house which would have happened eventually from the sounds of it.

There's been blowups at home too, cops showed up once. His rear end is gone, trust me.

The Door Frame posted:

It wasn't even a fine? That's even worse! Just walk away, you've already won
Jesus, does he have any signs of neuropathy yet? Because he's going to fry his nerves, blow holes in his eyes and kidneys, and lose his loving feet... Willingly going into a fatal and easily preventable condition 15 times in less than 12 months is a red flag that he's ridiculously unstable, hyperglycemia or not.

Even with insulin, his sugar is all over the place. He goes into DKA pretty regularly. His diet doesn't help though.

And yeah, he has moderate to severe neuropathy in his legs already.

His only charge wound up being trespass. Bail is 500, which is 500 more than I want to spend on him. Fucker keeps trying to call my phone collect too. Prepaid cellphone and I have no debit card at the moment, assuming I DID want to talk to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

redgubbinz posted:

Thanksgiving is no time to run out of sawzall blades.
Do plasma cutters work on roast meat? Asking for a friend.

• Locked thread