Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Thanks for the advice. I'll be putting everything I can into OK for the forseeable future. I'm always complaining that nobody can use the "other" Protectga or Shellga so that's a no-brainer for me.

Now if only I could get more xp eggs...

If you're willing to spend the stamina, you don't need to egg Onion - just drag him through the event XP dungeon. It's Sundaily but with FF3 synergy. By level 90 or so he should be able to solo it with a strong BSB RW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Twelve by Pies posted:

I thought RWing Vessel of Fate for the Kain U+ would make me able to fulfill the CM for it. Ha ha, nope. When the enemies can hit for 1500 damage or so through ProShellga, the game is basically yelling "You have to bring a Wall, dumbass!"

I didn't bring a Wall, but I had to get a little creative and can afford to lean on Paladin Force. Leaning on Paladin Force has gotten me through a lot, not gonna lie. Team:

PCecil, Saint Cross/Lifesiphon, Paladin Force, Mako Might
DCecil, Dark Bargain/Lifesiphon, Soul Eater (30% ATK Boost), Dr. Mog's Teachings
Kain, Leeching Leap/Lightning Dive, Rising Drive, Illustrious Dragoon
Rosa, Shellga/Curaja, shared Tungsten Bangle medica, Cetra's Destiny
Porom, Protectga/Curaga, shared Royal Scepter medica, Desert Bloom

Equipment: synergy poo poo, whatever Thunder resist I had on hand

RW: good ol' Divine Guardian

Now granted, Paladin Force, plus Soul Eater giving me a Boostga meant I could just roll with Divine Guardian, but there are ways for this to work out. The Flan Master dies real quick to Lightning Dive, I didn't even need to use it more than twice and Rising Drive was useless, I ended up using it to finish off Flan Master when it was a hair away from defeat so most of its damage ended up being overkill. Is Divine Heal your only IV SB? If so, you may need to roll with two healers like I did. It's a game of rocket tag to drop Flan Master, cleanup after that should be manageable.

Cape Cod Crab Chip fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Nov 24, 2016

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Twelve by Pies posted:

I thought RWing Vessel of Fate for the Kain U+ would make me able to fulfill the CM for it. Ha ha, nope. When the enemies can hit for 1500 damage or so through ProShellga, the game is basically yelling "You have to bring a Wall, dumbass!"

Bring a Garnet RW, give Rydia and one of Golbez/Fusoya/Tellah/Palom your two best Mage sticks and bring two healers and a support and just blow them all up with AE burst command.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

CaptainPsyko posted:

Bring a Garnet RW, give Rydia and one of Golbez/Fusoya/Tellah/Palom your two best Mage sticks and bring two healers and a support and just blow them all up with AE burst command.
I prefer Ashe RW for that fight just so you can delete the flan master with single target first, because gently caress that guy and his ultimate thundagas.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I prefer Ashe RW for that fight just so you can delete the flan master with single target first, because gently caress that guy and his ultimate thundagas.

Both are valid! Garnet's AoE is slightly stronger, and gives you more healing options; Ashe gives better single target damage, and a self heal option.

That said, if you need an FF4 geared Ashe RW, here's mine: 9qBd

It'll be up until I'm done farming black crystals from this dumb 60 stam U fight. Just 3 more to go and I'll be able to R2 Meltdown within the next six months rather than who knows when. :negative:

Chevy Slyme fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Nov 24, 2016

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
These FF3 dragon sprites look pretty cool.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

CaptainPsyko posted:

Both are valid! Garnet's AoE is slightly stronger, and gives you more healing options; Ashe gives better single target damage, and a self heal option.

That said, if you need an FF4 geared Ashe RW, here's mine: 9qBd

It'll be up until I'm done farming black crystals from this dumb 60 stam U fight. Just 3 more to go and I'll be able to R2 Meltdown within the next six months rather than who knows when. :negative:
I said this very thing earlier in the thread, but also I was dumb and want to correct my mistake:

Garnet's BSB has bigger potency numbers, but Ashe BSB comes with Enthunder, which makes her commands actually stronger due to 1.5x scaling.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Woo! It took two 11-pulls, but got my gauntlets. The first one just had a lust dagger, so I rage pulled and won. Also got an elder staff, so my III synergy is coming along.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Cool thing about Arc's SSB robes: increase in holy damage. :getin:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

ETB posted:

Cool thing about Arc's SSB robes: increase in holy damage. :getin:

No poo poo? I got them with the dollar pull. I need any FF3 synergy BADLY, so I was happy with insta-medica with physblink, but to know it's ALSO a holy-booster is fantastic. Very happy. Gonna wait to pull tomorrow to see if I get gauntlets/lunethspear in the lucky pull, and if i don't I'll come back and give OK1 a pull.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Lately I've experienced the game minimizing itself at random in between battles, often when it's trying to load the dungeon progress or home screens. (Once it occurred during a multiplayer session, but usually it doesn't happen during battle.) The app doesn't actually crash, but minimizing itself to my tablet's home screen is effectively a crash given that it has to completely reload the game. What developer options should I be fiddling with to mitigate this?

Edit: I'm running this on an Android tablet, not iOS.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Nov 24, 2016

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Oh poo poo, 50 mythril over 10 days? Wonder what to blow this load on.

I'm assuming the next OSB is a ways out? Or are there useful things in the current banners.

Also should I just grind orbs for the time being due to being worryingly behind on abilities.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

widespread posted:

Oh poo poo, 50 mythril over 10 days? Wonder what to blow this load on.

I'm assuming the next OSB is a ways out? Or are there useful things in the current banners.

Also should I just grind orbs for the time being due to being worryingly behind on abilities.

The next OSB is next week (Squall), but isn't especially good. The OSB Fest should be in a few weeks (with the next Orbfest) and has some really nice toys if you want to pull there. The next super hype banners (after this Onion banner) are the XIV banner next month and the FFT Thunder God Cid banner the month after that.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

widespread posted:

Or are there useful things in the current banners.

The Onion Knight gloves on the current FF3 banner are meta-defining good if you're willing to get OK to level 99, a lot of people were saving mithril for it, especially people who have poo poo other options for boosts/magic boosts.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Ugh, apparently I didn't link my account like I thought I did and just got a new work phone. Looks like my launch account is gone for good.

Apparently I was linked, just needed to reset Game Center. Made it just in time to not lose the first day of the thanksgiving mithril.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Nov 25, 2016

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
I am halfway hoping that I pull two more Orichalcum Dirks tomorrow and can fuse them all into the greatest of daggers.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

KnoxZone posted:

The next OSB is next week (Squall), but isn't especially good. The OSB Fest should be in a few weeks (with the next Orbfest) and has some really nice toys if you want to pull there. The next super hype banners (after this Onion banner) are the XIV banner next month and the FFT Thunder God Cid banner the month after that.

wizard on a water slide posted:

The Onion Knight gloves on the current FF3 banner are meta-defining good if you're willing to get OK to level 99, a lot of people were saving mithril for it, especially people who have poo poo other options for boosts/magic boosts.

Oh right, this banner is OK banner. Pulled on it, got Luneth's BSB instead. And Ingus' Protectga shield. And an off banner Dark Helm IV.

I guess Luneth is gonna be my go to for synergy and Wind shenanigans?

widespread fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Nov 24, 2016

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Accidental doublepost instead of an edit.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Hmm, all this new free mythril is making a second 11-pull more tempting...

If I'm sitting at 50 mythril right now and my only FF3 synergy is the Lust Dagger I just pulled, should I make another attempt here or just keep saving for Minfilia and the XIII banner like I'd originally planned? It's basically a month out from those two, correct? I still have a bunch of core / elite dungeons to grind through for mythril too, so I could probably hit 150 mythril just in December without a whole lot of trouble, but I have no idea if there's gonna be other lucky draws / good Nightmare draws in between now and then that I might want to pull on, too.

edit: And I'll probably want to spend some mythril on refreshes during Orbfest too...ugh why is there so much amazing stuff coming up in such a short window.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Is Divine Heal your only IV SB? If so, you may need to roll with two healers like I did. It's a game of rocket tag to drop Flan Master, cleanup after that should be manageable.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Ended up not using either of those strategies, but I still managed to pull it off. Just took me not being dumb with equipment.

Note: actual RW used was Vessel of Fate.

So Edge didn't last long, as he was only level 50. He did get off an Eblan Dual Wield against Flan Master for a little over 15k damage before he went down at least. Rydia was first to summon the RW and then it was the Spellstrike/Bahamut (and then Meteor) combo as it lasted. Cecil and Rosa put up mitgation and Cecil did weak SCs before he was taken out. If he had survived he would've been the second RW summoner.

What helped the most though as opposed to my first failed attempt was giving Kain and Rosa lightning resist accessories. That made all the difference. Oh, and getting lucky with the RNG and not having Flan Master reflect Flare off himself to kill a party member. That helped too.

I really, really need more magical equipment synergy for IV.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Umm, when do mote dungeons come back? Ran out of motes trying to get OK to Combat 5.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

1st AD posted:

Umm, when do mote dungeons come back? Ran out of motes trying to get OK to Combat 5.

In a couple days. The III event has the last mote dungeon (although they keep coming back even after that).

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
There's nothing to be gotten by finishing the EXP dungeon more than once is there? So that way I can just RW a BSB and do the first stage over and over again. But I'll complete it if that's somehow needed to possibly get motes.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kawalimus posted:

There's nothing to be gotten by finishing the EXP dungeon more than once is there? So that way I can just RW a BSB and do the first stage over and over again. But I'll complete it if that's somehow needed to possibly get motes.

Dragons have a chance to drop onion spheres

E: you meant finish as in all three stages, nevermind

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

You get 1 greater egg for completion which is a nice little bonus, but not a big deal.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Kawalimus posted:

I prefer running the entire ++ Dungeon for the Farmable Greater Egg, and I got lucky with a Onion Mote dropped in the last battle of my latest run...

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Thus begins my constant EXP dungeon running. I wonder if I should go in order of MC3 release or in order of coolness. For right now I'm just mastering some SBs I didn't bother with yet, like Seifer's.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

OK has amazing stats at level 99. :stare:

Gave him Combat 5 for now because I have decent supports already, and since I've only got the SSB, OK's role will be mostly DPS

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
In multiplayer beta news, finally managed to get into a good group and down the U+ Ifrit fight. Gave up on the Wind-boosted Cloud + Fang strategy and instead opted to go full support with Vaan and Faris debuffing the ever-loving poo poo out of Ifrit while everyone else set up buffs, tossed out heals and blasted Ifrit with spells.

Go team pirate! :toot: :pirate:

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
How does OK compare to other spellcasters at 99? Trying to decide on how to set up my groups. I have mostly physical SB's, but with those gauntlets, hybrid groups could work well, too. And I already have Shout if I wanna go pure physical.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

HPanda posted:

How does OK compare to other spellcasters at 99? Trying to decide on how to set up my groups. I have mostly physical SB's, but with those gauntlets, hybrid groups could work well, too. And I already have Shout if I wanna go pure physical.

At 99 with maxed out dive, Vivi has 254 MAG vs. Onion Knight's 244, with both having Black +9%. So it's not a very significant difference, and Onion's BSB Command 2 is excellent. OK's big weakness as a caster compared to others is the lack of En-Element, but that is offset by Command 2 being basically a zero cast-time -aja.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Nov 25, 2016

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
After noticing that Luneth's BSB Command 2 lowers RES, I was wondering if there's some story reason why he's so low in resistance.

His low RES counterpart, Fran, has the whole "susceptible to mist" thing in the story, but I can't remember anything that would justify Luneth having the lowest RES score other then Core Dragoon.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I was impatient and 11-pulled.

I got the gauntlets and sword (and an Ingus shield but who cares). Waiting for more levels to swap off from using SSII as my RM.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

:stare: Okay, I got three Onion Motes and OK's RM2 in a single Enigma ++ run...

I'm certainly getting Tiny Bee in the Lucky Draw.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

KnoxZone posted:

More specifically, not that Squall's OSB is bad - it has the same multiplier as Cloud/Tidus - but Ice is a pretty hard element to support. No +armour, almost no +weapons, and the only Imperil is Laguna's, thankfully on the same banner. Still decent, but if you're OSB hunting then Rinoa is a better deal.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Man it'd be a delight if Yang didn't take magic damage like a bitch on this loving ultimate fight. Does he just innately have super low defenses?

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands
What wacky stats the Knight has. Working on him has made me finally need to taken one of my HP+ accessories out of the Archive.

I have to confess to doing my worst whaling so far on the recent banners. :( FFIII #1 because of the Knight and FF4 #2 because of , 2 11-draws each. Didn't get either of their relics in the end. I got Kain's and Luneth's insane spears though. The guaranteed 5 really does soften the blow of ponying up the real bux and not getting exactly what you were aiming for...

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Yang and Edward surviving members of the Master Flan fight. I guess I can't poop too much on Yang's SSB, it really carried pretty fierce, but having Cecil's old super taunt helped absorb some shock.

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

More specifically, not that Squall's OSB is bad - it has the same multiplier as Cloud/Tidus - but Ice is a pretty hard element to support. No +armour, almost no +weapons, and the only Imperil is Laguna's, thankfully on the same banner. Still decent, but if you're OSB hunting then Rinoa is a better deal.

Zell's BSB is the real standout on the banner IMO. Another party crit buff is neat, 10 hits with chance to stun, plus dark bargain and powerchain BSB commands. Laguna's boostga and Ice imperil are neat, too. It's overall not a bad banner, it's just in an awkward place with OK banner this week and the desire to save mythril for OSB fest and XIV god banners next month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

oh god my butt why calcabrina why are you casting so much loving magic oh god

• Locked thread