Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Attention whore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

How's the value on the DOOM season pass?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fix posted:

If you don't care for the multiplayer then literally 0

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

:mmmhmm:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Fix posted:

Isn't it all multiplayer garbage

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Manatee Cannon posted:

trails of cold steel you mean? no. it's a part of a series where all the different pieces take place in the same world at around the same time, but you don't need to play any other trails games to understand cold steel. cs is a different party and story from trails in the sky, for example

Not quite. Trails in the Sky is first, then Cold Steel and the Crossbell games (Trails of Blue and Trails to Zero) run parallel with eachother with indirect influences and some shared antagonists set two years later.

I'd personally recommend playing Trails in the Sky FC & SC first, but you wont be completely out of the loop by starting with Cold Steel. CS2 will spoil a big event from Trails in the Sky SC, however.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Thanks!

e: never mind, found it.

Fix fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 24, 2016

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

By this time tomorrow you gonna be lickin our loving boots, goon

I wanted physical so I won't! Till Wednesday. Though I might just buy from PSN and return my physical to Best Buy when I get it...

Mr E fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Nov 24, 2016

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Mr E posted:

I wanted physical so I won't! Till Wednesday. Though I might just buy from PSN and return my physical to Best Buy when I get it...

Right, listen up you rear end in a top hat. First, eat poo poo. And then lick our shoes clean, you got that?!

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Is Psycho Pass good for $20 ?

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

Rise of the Tomb Raider is good.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ugh I have a bunch of spworts games in my amazon cart for all at least $30 off. Talk me down, folks.

Is Madden 17 as soulless as usual?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

How is WD2? It's on sale in the U.K. Black Friday sale and considering getting it.

Thought the first one was pretty poo poo

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Looke posted:

How is WD2? It's on sale in the U.K. Black Friday sale and considering getting it.

Thought the first one was pretty poo poo

I fuckin love it to the point that I'm about to platinum it and I never do that. If you can stand intentionally cringey hacker stuff and like open worlds it's a no brainer. Closer to GTA V than WD1, which felt like modern Assassin's Creed.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Cool sounds better than the first, might check a couple of streams and then decide

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.
The driving in watchdogs 2 is perfectly serviceable and I don't understand why it's so hated. The fact that I can change the point of view is another added bonus (I prefer a camera-on-the-hood driving mode in my third person open-world games.

Hacking Invasions are back and if you ever enjoyed that in the first game then you're either going to be excited or disappointed; it's apparently harder. I'm about fifty fifty on my invasions but I don't feel like the odds are too stacked against me.

if using the two little RC gadgets that are in the trailers doesn't sound fun and appealing to you then I'd suggest waiting for it to go cheaper because they are one of the only new things this game brings to the franchise. You will also be spending a lot of time with them.

Also you can pet dogs (important to everyone) and invert the x camera axis (only important to me).

Overall I would say the game is better than Saints Row The Third.

I really want to get Titanfall 2 for 35 dollars minus ten percent on the PSN store.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
For all you US goons Wal-Mart is selling titanfall 2 for $28

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Do they not have WalMart in Canadia?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

The driving in the first watch dogs was really really bad

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah, it was. The driving in Watch Dogs 2 is a lot better though.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The driving is OK so far and the writing seems to have realized that they may as well stop trying to get everyone to take it seriously.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Purchased Hitman and Titanfall 2 from the black and flash sales respectively today. Hitman looks real nice on a Pro...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Your XP is followers who download your app and join your botnet.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

lite_sleepr posted:

Do they not have WalMart in Canadia?

Yes but not the same sales or prices. Proud to say my city of 2.4 million kept them out of town until about 2009, too bad they eventually relented.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Ugh I have a bunch of spworts games in my amazon cart for all at least $30 off. Talk me down, folks.

Is Madden 17 as soulless as usual?

At lest you didn't buy NHL 17? Right?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I think i'm gonna bite the bullet and finally get one of these things. Whens Crash Bandicoot coming out for it?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
So is the Game of Thrones telltale series any good? I just bought borderlands since 1 dollar for the game is pretty ridiculous. Is Game of thrones worth 4 dollars?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

mabels big day posted:

I think i'm gonna bite the bullet and finally get one of these things. Whens Crash Bandicoot coming out for it?

May 10, 2016

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Soft Shell Crab posted:

At lest you didn't buy NHL 17? Right?

Haha no, I bought every NHL game at launch from NHL 94 until about NHL 12, but then only got 15 and 16 on deep discount and barely played them. Like maybe three games of 16 total. Used to be in competitive online leagues etc, even got my wife into it for a few years, but now I don't follow the sport at all IRL and the game feels so low budget compared to the big American sports games.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Aww hell yeah.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Guw posted:

Rise of the Tomb Raider is good.

It's good provided that you limit your exposure to the hubs. Some of the side quests just feel pointless but they do give good stuff.

Like they all just feel like busy work and padding and aren't really fun at all.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

So is the Game of Thrones telltale series any good? I just bought borderlands since 1 dollar for the game is pretty ridiculous. Is Game of thrones worth 4 dollars?

It's extremely bad

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

fit em all up in there posted:

Is Psycho Pass good for $20 ?

Idk but I'm debating it

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
If I didn't like Shadow of Mordor but liked the Arkham games, would I like Mad Max?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

glam rock hamhock posted:

If I didn't like Shadow of Mordor but liked the Arkham games, would I like Mad Max?

I think it's the worst of the WB Franchised games. Really grindy. Just my opinion. I liked the arkham games and SoM but the story of Mad Max didn't grip me after a few hours so I just stopped

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

It's worth 4 dollars, I guess, but it's incredibly disappointing and stupid. It's not worth your time.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hm I can't decide on Skyrim or hitman.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Hitman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!