Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I am thankful for the Rockets being watchable, the talent being generational, the process being trustworthy, and a drama free forum where I can come to talk about baskie ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i am thankful for two out of three alphas

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

NickRoweFillea posted:

Rick here's the link to the flop that made Hasseltine trip out

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/801636482272215040

Lmao. Yeah that is like a top ten bad flop.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I'm thankful for incredible wines

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

E2M2 posted:

20 years old and he's already getting that bloodspinning poo poo?

It's a much more standard treatment now than it was five years ago and is now a pretty common treatment for tendonitis or sprains now. Curry had it done during the playoffs last year.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm thankful my bad dumb basketball team stayed put and has a nice new home

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Stuffed from a 4pm dinner.

I'm thankful that my terrible team is way more watchable and now other people sometimes also watch them.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I am also thankful that tomorrow there are 15 NBA games.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Dante Cunningham is out 4-6 weeks

more blood for the peligod

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Somebody has to enter Pierre I's mausoleum and stake it in the heart. That's the only way

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

straight up brolic posted:

I'm thankful for incredible wines

Boris Diaw's account spotted!!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm thankful for a safe place to talk ball

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

leftist heap posted:

My god...this is now canon

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm thankful for the Browns to remind me that it could be way worse

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Wine is so great

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
I'm thankful for Anthony Davis

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

leftist heap posted:

Can't just go around making assumptions like that, we have to allow for the possibility that he's Gregg Popovich

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
In my Gregg Poppovich voice: It's a shame that Germans don't like their own wine, because traditional rieslings and the related are my favorite white wine

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Dejan Bimble posted:

In my Gregg Poppovich voice: It's a shame that Germans don't like their own wine, because traditional rieslings and the related are my favorite white wine
Austrian wine is better than German wine because the terroir is generally much more conducive to unique wines, if you like white try a Grüner Veltliner...goes great with green bean casserole

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
As a Canadian I'm bound by international treaties to be unthankful on American thanksgiving

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Happy thanksgiving nba bros

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBQ2mjkvYY8

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

I am unthankful for Kevin Durant

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

As a region Côte de Rhone is one of my favs. Not as good as Spain or Portugal in terms of value but you can really get some great stuff.
I will be enjoying many of them come Friday (no second thanksgiving for this Canadian ).

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Rick posted:

Ibaka turned to dust and Oladipo is playing well so it's hard to argue that the move was bad but I also kind of felt Ibaka provided some stability that the team just doesn't have now.

Production wise, they're having extremely similar seasons. Obviously they get there in totally different ways, but they have almost identical usage, ts%, ftr, ws/48, PER, and BPM. Ibaka is doing slightly better across the board except in BPM, probably because Orlando's defense is bad. I've only seen 2 Thunder games but I didn't see anything Oladipo was doing to distinguish himself from the totally mediocre guy he's always been. Ibaka, meanwhile, is learning that third banana was always where he belonged. I don't really want to defend the trade on Orlando's part, I think it was a lateral move at best and contributed to a major log jam in the front court, but it's just not the case that Oladipo is outplaying Ibaka - and he has the benefit of being on a much better (still not good) team.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Lebron needs help, and that phone needs charging

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

Lebron needs help, and that phone needs charging

seriously. turn that bluetooth off at least

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

BWV posted:

As a region Côte de Rhone is one of my favs. Not as good as Spain or Portugal in terms of value but you can really get some great stuff.
I will be enjoying many of them come Friday (no second thanksgiving for this Canadian ).

I strongly prefer wines from warm, dry, sunny regions like Spain, Portugal, Greece, and Argentina to French/Oregon wines personally, which is great since the only warm weather region that gets its prices run up by fashionistas is Napa, so good wine is a lot cheaper for me than a lot of people. Côte I like as long as its heavy on the grenache, syrah doesn't do it for me as much.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Every Pelican win comes with a price paid in blood.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
is baketball on tonight?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
LeBron blatantly sucks up to Rothschilds, 2020 run possible???

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Did anyone else listen to the last Lowe post and hear Zach talk about how he likes that there are no games on Thanksgiving because "he can have a glass of wine." Stein was then like "why cant you just have a drink" and Zach, as if he knew that we already all thought he was a psychopath said "I need to have a clear head to make sure I don't miss anything in the later games."

If the guy goes without wine for 3/4 of the year so he can focus on whether Thomas Robinson is getting better at rotating on d then he deserves double what ESPN is paying him.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Up Circle posted:

is baketball on tonight?

0 ball :( loving unthankful for this for sure

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Wow look at that hand

I wish NBA players would drink on the court because (amongst other reasons) the size of those bottles in the baseball mitt hands really lets you know those folks are working on a different scale of human hugeness.

Also that's an extremely expensive bottle of wine I wonder what it tastes like.

Someone Post Nurkic's Dad Drinking Hands I'm on mobile

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

BWV posted:

Did anyone else listen to the last Lowe post and hear Zach talk about how he likes that there are no games on Thanksgiving because "he can have a glass of wine." Stein was then like "why cant you just have a drink" and Zach, as if he knew that we already all thought he was a psychopath said "I need to have a clear head to make sure I don't miss anything in the later games."

If the guy goes without wine for 3/4 of the year so he can focus on whether Thomas Robinson is getting better at rotating on d then he deserves double what ESPN is paying him.

Zach Lowe is effing weird.

Also:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Up Circle posted:

is baketball on tonight?

No. But literally every team is playing tomorrow

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Shear Modulus posted:

Zach Lowe is effing weird.

Also:

"And this vintage is made from the blood of Turkish emissaries."

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

has boban been playing for the pistons

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I am thankful for the 2014 championship which somehow feels way better than the others.

R.D. Mangles posted:

has boban been playing for the pistons

Very disappointed with this season's lack of Boban antics so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

DeimosRising posted:

Production wise, they're having extremely similar seasons. Obviously they get there in totally different ways, but they have almost identical usage, ts%, ftr, ws/48, PER, and BPM. Ibaka is doing slightly better across the board except in BPM, probably because Orlando's defense is bad. I've only seen 2 Thunder games but I didn't see anything Oladipo was doing to distinguish himself from the totally mediocre guy he's always been. Ibaka, meanwhile, is learning that third banana was always where he belonged. I don't really want to defend the trade on Orlando's part, I think it was a lateral move at best and contributed to a major log jam in the front court, but it's just not the case that Oladipo is outplaying Ibaka - and he has the benefit of being on a much better (still not good) team.

Oladipo has had some good games but also some really mediocre or bad ones which I guess is probably what he did in Orlando too but I didn't watch him there. It probably makes him a "if only he could be consistent" kind of guy that never becomes consistent.

• Locked thread