Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I figured Bakugou's final humbling would come at the hands of seeing Midoriya in action during another attack (he didn't see really anything in the first two remember?).

But I guess they're gonna have it out. I don't really see how Midoriya can win though as he is- he's massively improved but Bakugou still has him beat overall in everything if we're talking only 5%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Endorph posted:

personally when im invested in a story i talk about the story, instead of other, totally unrelated stories

I think it's really dumb and pedantic (Read: endorph) of you to both miss the point and then get all :goonsay: about how people are talking about a thing they like.

But hey, that's just me.

I think this is gonna be a fun fight that'll probably end in a draw which will make Bakugo both happier and angrier.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Boldly predicting a big win for Deku, the King of Shoot Style

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
All I care about is that after this fight Bakugou still keeps at least some of his rage.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Terper posted:

I believe in Bakugou.

Kick his rear end, put that nerd in his place

Hell yeah

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I also don't seem the similarities between Bakugou and the wind-up ninja from Mystical Ninja Goemon, but both are good so I'll just take people's word for it.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Gyges posted:

My Hero Academia: What If A Sasuke, A Vegeta, And A Hand Grenade Had A Baby?

Sasuke and the grenade had the baby, but since Sasuke is a poo poo dad, the baby was raised by top-tier dad Vegeta.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I feel like this is the first "rival" fight that's actually earned.
Compare this to that poo poo Fairy Tale presented us with a few weeks ago.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

where the red fern gropes posted:

what the gently caress is a sasuke

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Precisely, but it's set up in a way where it's a realistic thing that could happen and the thing Horikoshi will hopefully avoid. I don't think Bakugo will defect, personally.

Bakugou already rejected the villains; I doubt he'll suddenly go running back to them now.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

You guys are joking about this Sasuke thing, but Deku is going to kick a water tank during their fight and Bakugou is going to notice afterwards that it has a giant hole in the back, revealing their gap in power.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he'll get his foot stuck in the tank and bakugou will have to climb in the hole to push it out from the inside

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I think it's really dumb and pedantic (Read: endorph)
Hey man, you don't have to insult me like that. That really hurt my feelings. I got a little frustrated people were making weird comparisons but I never called anyone dumb. Why would you call me that?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

nobody is dumb, nobody is sasuke, mha is good

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Endorph posted:

Hey man, you don't have to insult me like that. That really hurt my feelings. I got a little frustrated people were making weird comparisons but I never called anyone dumb. Why would you call me that?

He's projecting. What do you guys want the title changed to?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Pretty sure these last couple pages just prove that the thread title is already perfect.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It's All About All Might

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

sirtommygunn posted:

Pretty sure these last couple pages just prove that the thread title is already perfect.

Maybe "nobody is sauske" should be in caps? lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Maybe "nobody is sauske" should be in caps? lol
'if you post about sasuke you get a week's probation'

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

This chapter was good and it's going to end with Bakugou accepting that maybe Deku is actually a pretty alright hero and that maybe he himself has some things he needs to work through.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Endorph posted:

'if you post about sasuke you get a week's probation'

These sauske derails aren't as bad as the mineta derails though. Also I've not given anyone a week's probation for anything thus far!!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

This chapter was good and it's going to end with Bakugou accepting that maybe Deku is actually a pretty alright hero and that maybe he himself has some things he needs to work through.

I mean he straight up says, without his usual angry, bloodshot eyes, that he wants to find out whether his aspirations were wrong.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Matoi Ryuko posted:

These sauske derails aren't as bad as the mineta derails though. Also I've not given anyone a week's probation for anything thus far!!
'mineta is sasuke'

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Deku and Bakugou are going to kiss next chapter

Uraka is going to witness it and turn to a life of villainy

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Endorph posted:

'mineta is sasuke'

Sauske is a god drat pervert.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

chumbler posted:

I mean he straight up says, without his usual angry, bloodshot eyes, that he wants to find out whether his aspirations were wrong.

I know. It's good.

My angry boy is growing up. :unsmith:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Sauske is a god drat pervert.

tbh if mineta is the traitor that'd be the best plot twist ever

"I see... that goofy persona of yours was just an act, to make us drop our guards..."

"What? No. I just love boobs."

Endorph fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Nov 24, 2016

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

It does seem like a bulletproof cover. I think you've figured out!

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Endorph posted:

"What? No. I just love boobs."

With no context at all

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
My Hero Academia: Schrödinger's Sasuke

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
My Hero Academia: Much Ado About Sasuke

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I like that Bakugo is acknowledging that he may have very well gotten things wrong considering Deku in the past, but is putting the onus on Deku here to prove that true.

He is respecting Deku enough to listen to what Deku has to say, only he wants the communication in his own hosed up language.

And that makes perfect sense, because none of Deku's attempts to to communicate this to Bakugo in his own way have loving worked.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
My Hero Academia: Why Are We Still Talking About Sasuke

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Next chapter it's finally Todoroki versus Deku and in extremely hyped. I liked Deku owning Endeavour with "you're right I'm not All Might but Todoroki isn't you".

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

My Hero Academia: [in jan brady voice] Sauske, Sauske, Sauske!!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I sorta wish Iida got more screentime in relation with Deku's other rivals, cause I feel like Deku, Bakugou, Iida, and Todoroki all symbolize different backgrounds in the MHA world in regards to heroics.

Then again, unlike the other three, his idols was his older brother, not All Might, so that sorta makes it harder I guess.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Hate-Senpai posted:

I sorta wish Iida got more screentime in relation with Deku's other rivals, cause I feel like Deku, Bakugou, Iida, and Todoroki all symbolize different backgrounds in the MHA world in regards to heroics.

Then again, unlike the other three, his idols was his older brother, not All Might, so that sorta makes it harder I guess.

But Iida isn't really a rival. At least, not in the same sense we get from Bakugou and, to a lesser extent, Todoroki.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
The argument could be made that none of them are "rivals" with Deku, as he is totally uninterested in that part of heroism, he just wants to save as many lives as possible, and could care less about which is more powerful than the other. Heck, he's only doing this now because Bakugou doesn't give him a choice.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Cool pajamas Iida

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

Buzzsaw Roomba posted:

new thread title