Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

no more books posted:

How are the mods for Skyrim on PS4? Do you think it's worth getting for someone who liked skyrim but hated the combat so much that I stopped before completing the main quest or playing any DLC? I wanted to be a battlemage type and I really didn't like it. Archery was okay

I don't know specifics but there's a 1 gig size limit on mods along with other restrictions so "epic" mods are generally absent. Xbox One's limit is 5 gigs, and I don't believe there's one on PC as long as you have the system resources for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

DrManiac posted:

Doom is ok on consoles right? I still have like $10 in my wallet and people really seemed to like it.

It's absolutely fantastic on consoles.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Man, Odin Sphere is never going to get a discount, is it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Oxxidation posted:

Man, Odin Sphere is never going to get a discount, is it.

I'm almost positive that it got one not too long ago, but not for much.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Just buy it. It's really good

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I checked my ps4 storge for the first time and man is the application file sizes insane. I'm talking 30+ gigs for games I have the physical disk for.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The discs are only used to transfer data during installation, the games aren't read from disk any more at all. Discs are only used for DRM on PS4

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I haven't been able to access the store on my PC all week. Just says Site Not Available. Anyone else?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Having a disc doesn't matter, you have to install the entire game regardless.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
I know there are some issues with X-Com 2 on PS4, but how bad is it?

smug forum asshole
Jan 15, 2005

DrManiac posted:

Doom is ok on consoles right? I still have like $10 in my wallet and people really seemed to like it.

Doom is amazing. Best single-player game I've played all year, period. Great on PS4.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Are the Deluxe or Ultimate versions of Battlefield 1 worth it? What am I missing out on if I stick with the base game?

Fatigued
Feb 5, 2010
Nap Ghost

Malt posted:

I know there are some issues with X-Com 2 on PS4, but how bad is it?

The main issue I ran into is extremely long load times, especially as you get further into the game. The load times after beating a mission seemed the worst, they'd take several minutes. I think I also had the game lock up twice while playing. If you can deal with the very long load times it's a fun game, but I imagine it would be much better to get on PC if you can.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Gaaah, Doom is on the list, but I'm also eyeing Darkest Dungeon and Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Is DXMD worth getting the 'deluxe edition' or whatever? Is the season pass expected to not suck?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Apparently they cut a bunch of story content to sell as DLC so I would wait till next year and see how the season pass shapes up because gently caress that!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Tf2 just went to 36 on flash sale

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

DrManiac posted:

I checked my ps4 storge for the first time and man is the application file sizes insane. I'm talking 30+ gigs for games I have the physical disk for.

Yup. On the bright side if you're not playing any of those currently just delete the game data (not your save data). Install from disc is faster than downloading 50gigs.

Festis
Feb 15, 2010

The Birthday Hobo

Remember Kids:
Vinegar'll get ya drunk!
How did the GTA Trilogy shape up on PS4? I never played them back in the day more than in passing, so GTAV was my first real intro to the series (which I had a ball with).

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
^^ IIRC they're all the mobile ports, repackaged. And there's some music licensing issues.

Picked up Titanfall 2, Psychopass, Xcom 2, DOOM, and Mafia 3. :toot: Would've grabbed the latest Destiny expansion but for some reason (which I suspect rhymes with Abstractive Collision) it's not on sale, only their lame Destiny Collection thing.

Banzai 3
May 8, 2007
I'm only here for the weekly 24 bitchfest.
Pillbug
Anyone else having checkout issues?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Aight, I just got a PS4 today and I'm budgeting another 39 Euro to pick something up on sale on PSN.

Titanfall 2 or the Destiny collection? Or something else. I know Titanfall 2 gets rave reviews despite having a small and dwindling playerbase, and I'm looking for something that is both a really fun game but also will have some legs.

Drone fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Nov 24, 2016

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Drone posted:

Aight, I just got a PS4 today and I'm budgeting another 39 Euro to pick something up on sale on PSN.

Titanfall 2 or the Destiny collection? Or something else. I know Titanfall 2 gets rave reviews despite having a small and dwindling playerbase, and I'm looking for something that is both a really fun game but also will have some legs.

Buy Titanfall.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Destiny 2 is coming next year and the population in Destiny 1 is already dropping off because they finished everything in the new expansion. Go get Titanfall.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Titanfall 2 has a really good single player campaign in addition to fun multi so you should get that

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Bogart posted:

^^ IIRC they're all the mobile ports, repackaged. And there's some music licensing issues.

They're PS2 on PS4 ports actually, but you're still right about the music licensing issues. GTA3 at 1080p looks oddly decent but it's still the same game it was 15 years ago.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Decided on XCOM 2 digital deluxe, Deus Ex: MD, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Hitman - Complete 1st Season, Far Cry Primal, and Max Max.

Since I only had a couple bucks left on the $200 CAD cart max with the 10% discount code, finally picked up Corn Love Forever.

I, uh... I'm good for a bit, I think.

Made the hard choice to drop Handsome Collection and Telltale Batman Season Pass but those will definitely go on sale again, potentially at Christmas. Mafia III was also tempting but I think it'll come down more next month, and/or wanted to see where the DLC lands.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Titanfall 2 it is then :3:

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Digital Skyrim for $27 after the extra 10% code?

Hell yes I'll take it.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Woop, i picked a great time to pick up a PS4 it seems.

Not only did i get ratchet and clank, and the Nathan drake collection for like £12 each earlier in the week, but i just picked up killzone and the 2 infamous games for a total of £24 too!

Is my timing just really good (as in i'm 2 years late to the console so all the old stuff is really cheap/black friday) or are there just really good sales all the time?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Kenny Logins posted:

I was thinking on this too. There is a 3 mission expansion where you play as a mammoth as the big get, there's also an unbreakable club and "advanced access" to "rare" materials you otherwise normally get (i.e. premium currency IAP).

I'm planning on passing and just getting the base game, from my experience with FC3 and 4 I'm sure it'll stand alone fine.
Update to this: normal FC Primal apparently just comes with the Mammoth missions anyway. So, strong non-recommend on the deluxe version for that reason.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Kenny Logins posted:

I was thinking on this too. There is a 3 mission expansion where you play as a mammoth as the big get, there's also an unbreakable club and "advanced access" to "rare" materials you otherwise normally get (i.e. premium currency IAP).

I'm planning on passing and just getting the base game, from my experience with FC3 and 4 I'm sure it'll stand alone fine.

I think you shouldn't buy it if they think you're dumb enough to pay extra for that crap.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Kin posted:

Is my timing just really good (as in i'm 2 years late to the console so all the old stuff is really cheap/black friday) or are there just really good sales all the time?

It's a little of both.

Early life-cycle stuff is cheaper on PSN already so during a sale it usually drops down to under 10 quid.

Other than that, there is always at least one AAA game as a weekly deal and there is usually some kind of a sale on a selection of other stuff as well.

If you have patience you can amass a great collection of games for gently caress all.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

mallamp posted:

The Persona 5 limited-time avatar+theme set was supposed to come to EU store today, but can't find it, what's the proper word to search with?

this never went up eh

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if you're considering xcom 2 because of its sale price, buy it on amazon instead of psn. its like 8 dollars cheaper

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Some digimon cyber sleuth questions:
does it have random encounters?
is it a straightforward play through or are there some tough level checks in it that bog down progress?
thanks.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I know the Flash sale went up. Would there be ANY reason to wait until actual Black Friday (tomorrow) to see if anything else cropped up? Or is this definitely it?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

no more books posted:

How are the mods for Skyrim on PS4? Do you think it's worth getting for someone who liked skyrim but hated the combat so much that I stopped before completing the main quest or playing any DLC? I wanted to be a battlemage type and I really didn't like it. Archery was okay

It's real vapid. I'd play it on Xbox or PC if you can -- they're not hamstrung too much. Or at all in the case of PC

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Real hurthling! posted:

Some digimon cyber sleuth questions:
does it have random encounters?
is it a straightforward play through or are there some tough level checks in it that bog down progress?
thanks.

It does have random encounters, and as you proceed through the game you get abilities which can change the encounter rate dramatically.

It's a fairly straightforward playthrough. For the most part normal will be pretty easy as long as you have a reasonable Digimon type distribution.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Feenix posted:

I know the Flash sale went up. Would there be ANY reason to wait until actual Black Friday (tomorrow) to see if anything else cropped up? Or is this definitely it?

This is most likely it but it also can't hurt unless there's something you wanna play right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

King of Solomon posted:

It does have random encounters, and as you proceed through the game you get abilities which can change the encounter rate dramatically.

It's a fairly straightforward playthrough. For the most part normal will be pretty easy as long as you have a reasonable Digimon type distribution.

ok so its not like a take 2 steps, fight a battle, sort of thing but more like you can set it to taste?

cool. 17 is a good price for it. thats exactly what it costs to buy a copy and resell it to amazon (30 purchase, 13 trade in)

• Locked thread