Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

All these jokes banned by the Workaholics writing team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Razorwired posted:

"Oh you're a writer? Have you heard of TVTropes?/Are you gonna do NaNoWriMo?"

Apparently I can just sorta pretend to care about my deadline once a year and ditch my reference library for an exhaustive list of panty shots. And that's from the other students.

My social media's full of :smuggo: types who posted "my NaNoWriMo is every day" stuff on November 1st. They've never mentioned tvtropes, that's a new one for me.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Mu Zeta posted:

All these jokes banned by the Workaholics writing team

Wow, this reads like the 2nd through 45th post in any given Reddit comment thread.

I like this. I'm gonna get back into Workaholics.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

BOOTY-ADE posted:

People who have driveways but choose to leave them empty and park their entire fleet of cars on the street, sometimes on both sides of a street where it's too narrow to get past easily. I see this poo poo all the time in neighborhoods everywhere here, then people get pissy when you tell them to move their goddamn TardCruiser so people can get past safely without 2 cars being face-to-face in a stalemate because neither can move right or left.

My dirtbag neighbours somehow have 4 vehicles in a single car garage house. They filled the garage with junk so there's 2 trucks, an SUV, and a shitbox hatchback all parking around the house. One in the driveway, one on the lawn, one in front of my house, and one in front of their driveway. It's infuriating, there is never any visitor parking at my house.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

queserasera posted:

My social media's full of :smuggo: types who posted "my NaNoWriMo is every day" stuff on November 1st. They've never mentioned tvtropes, that's a new one for me.

NaNoWriMo is the paleo/crossfit/half-marathon training of writing, I swear.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
...what's wrong with crossfit/paleo/half-marathon?

workout related pet peeves: people who oogle, as if someone running is putting on some kind of show. worse is, when some other runner, who is catching up to you, but then instead of passing slows down and tails you. i get that it is motivating to both try and keep up with someone, and there is some kind of psychological thing that makes a lot of people synch up and go at the same pace, too, iirc, but don't tail and run behind strangers regardless of that. it's weird as hell. if you can catch up, then you should be able to pass, too, so please do.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Grandmother of Five posted:

People who do it are smug assholes who don't shut the gently caress up about it.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Also paleo in particular is total bullshit pushed by a dickhead who wanted to sell a book where he would suggest feeding fatal quantities of liver to babies. gently caress Pete Evans and gently caress paleo.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I'm not sure if i would lump half marathons in with those groups. Maybe the tough mudders would be a better fit. The problem isnt so much the exercise or diet (although there are major problems there), it is more the obnoxious "culture" that comes with it.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

BOOTY-ADE posted:

People who have driveways but choose to leave them empty and park their entire fleet of cars on the street, sometimes on both sides of a street where it's too narrow to get past easily. I see this poo poo all the time in neighborhoods everywhere here, then people get pissy when you tell them to move their goddamn TardCruiser so people can get past safely without 2 cars being face-to-face in a stalemate because neither can move right or left.

We must live in the same neighborhood!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

"Foodie" terms in general drive me nuts. You aren't cooking "pommes frites", you are cooking french fries you bought at walmart in the frozen section. Likewise with "pommes puree"...you just made mashed potatoes, you aren't french, stop pretending to be.

Also how people posting what they cooked like to add in superfluous adjectives. You don't have to say "a nice avocado" or a "delicate onion" or whatever, just say what it is, nobody's impressed.

Aubergine bothers me. I think it might be used in Europe, but in the U.S. just call it a goddamn eggplant.

My pet peeve is people that blow off legitimate complaints with 'it's not a big deal'.

'I left the heat on at 85 while we were gone all week? It's not a big deal.'
'I forgot to feed your pet? It's not a big deal.'
'So what if I stole your identity and racked up 50K worth of credit card debt? It's not a big deal.'

Sure, some things might not actually be a big deal, like forgetting to buy eggs at the store, but the fact that that phrase just pretty much shrugs off any legitimate complaint/critique as if you're frothing at the mouth/throwing things around and over-blowing the situation is annoying. For example, an old roommate was supposed to feed my guinea pig while I was gone for a long weekend once. He didn't feed her at all, until I texted him letting him know my flight was delayed so I'd need him to feed her one more time. My pet went three days without fresh food (and probably had to ration off the heaping bowl I left her or resort to eating her own droppings), but hey, since she didn't die, it was NBD to my roomie, and I needed to relax and 'let it go'.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

the one nice thing about not having a car (and taking the bus/walking everywhere) is not having to worry about parking spaces/snow removal/lovely road conditions :newlol: *stands in road for bus because sidewalks aren't shoveled, slips on ice and breaks a hip*

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I would still rather take the bus than have to drive with all the morons fish tailing all over the place. At least if they hit the bus I don't have to pay for it.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Radio stations that switch their programming to all-Christmas all-the-time. There's a few that do this in my area, one of which is a station I like listening to regularly. loving three weeks ago, they start playing Christmas music 24/7. Why the gently caress does anyone need that much Christmas that early?

Related, I hope Paul McCartney dies making GBS threads himself under a burning bus for his "Simply having a wonderful Christmastime" song. gently caress that guy.

Also, I hadn't listened to Santa baby all the way through before. While you can't call it explicit per se, it's totally implied that this lady is going to blow Santa for all that stuff, right?

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Grandmother of Five posted:

workout related pet peeves: people who oogle, as if someone running is putting on some kind of show. worse is, when some other runner, who is catching up to you, but then instead of passing slows down and tails you. i get that it is motivating to both try and keep up with someone, and there is some kind of psychological thing that makes a lot of people synch up and go at the same pace, too, iirc, but don't tail and run behind strangers regardless of that. it's weird as hell. if you can catch up, then you should be able to pass, too, so please do.

This is also a pet peeve of mine, but so is people who write "oogle" instead of "ogle."

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
Jobs where, if you have to miss a shift, it's your responsibility to find someone to replace you. I feel like this should be the manager's job. They have access to the schedule and all of the employee's contact info. I don't get why it has to be on the employee to find someone, especially because most of the time you're missing a shift it's because you're sick and really don't want to talk on the phone.

ghost emoji has a new favorite as of 20:04 on Nov 23, 2016

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

areyoucontagious posted:

Also, I hadn't listened to Santa baby all the way through before. While you can't call it explicit per se, it's totally implied that this lady is going to blow Santa for all that stuff, right?

That song is supremely sexual.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

i've definitely been mispronouncing it, too, then, but in my defence i'm foreign

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

AlphaKretin posted:

Also paleo in particular is total bullshit pushed by a dickhead who wanted to sell a book where he would suggest feeding fatal quantities of liver to babies. gently caress Pete Evans and gently caress paleo.

Crossfit can also be dangerous, and its proponents glorify overexertion in a way that encourages people to hurt themselves. gently caress Crossfit.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

If you hurt yourself in a Crossfit gym it's your fault. Crossfit is a scam that costs like $200/month but you're the one responsible for lifting weights really quickly like a moron.

Bad Llama
Jan 2, 2007
pwnerer
That ACE Hardware jingle... if I have to hear one more idiotic monotone addon to that obnoxious jingle I might LOSE MY loving MIND

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Bad Llama posted:

That ACE Hardware jingle... if I have to hear one more idiotic monotone addon to that obnoxious jingle I might LOSE MY loving MIND

ACE IS THE PLACE WHERE YOU GO loving POSTAL BECAUSE HOLY poo poo THESE ADS ARE A NIGHTMARE

...store

Bad Llama
Jan 2, 2007
pwnerer

Magic Hate Ball posted:

ACE IS THE PLACE WHERE YOU GO loving POSTAL BECAUSE HOLY poo poo THESE ADS ARE A NIGHTMARE

...store

:wave:

Hi friend!

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

If you hurt yourself in a Crossfit gym it's your fault. Crossfit is a scam that costs like $200/month but you're the one responsible for lifting weights really quickly like a moron.

One of the features of a 'good' scam is the way it makes people complicit in their own problems.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
loving kids biking down the dimly lit street. Up and down the street and then in every loving driveway they can! Last night my mom was backing out and one fucker swung up and did a few spins inches from her bumper while I screamed at him to get out of the way, a car was backing out! "I knooooow!" was his reply as he took off, almost hitting my car in the process.

Kid is 10 years old. He and his friend do this every night. No reflective gear, and they love biking in people's yards. I never see his parents, which is probably a good thing.

Peeve: I hate when a commercial doesn't tell me what the movie/TV show is about, just that CRITICS LOVE THIS, YOU'LL LOVE IT TOO, WATCH "THIS IS WE" TONIGHT ABC FAMILY! Same when comedians are advertising a show. Don't tell me they're hilarious, throw a joke or two up so I can hear it myself!

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Me and my wife want to go to the Cinema this Friday, but the only 2D showings for the movie we want to see is at 3.30pm, all the others at a reasonable time you'd want to see a movie are in 3D. I don't want to pay an extra $4 each for something that at best adds nothing and mostly actively makes the movie less enjoyable.

Why hasn't 3D hosed off yet? Does anyone over the age of 12 actually like it?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Because they can charge more for it. I doubt it's any more complex than that.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Spalec posted:

Me and my wife want to go to the Cinema this Friday, but the only 2D showings for the movie we want to see is at 3.30pm, all the others at a reasonable time you'd want to see a movie are in 3D. I don't want to pay an extra $4 each for something that at best adds nothing and mostly actively makes the movie less enjoyable.

Why hasn't 3D hosed off yet? Does anyone over the age of 12 actually like it?

yes, a lot of people. In fact, 3D should only be done at the cinema, and filmmakers have learned to use it to great atmospheric effect.

gently caress you.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
I don't hate 3D but the glasses are annoying to wear over my normal glasses :smith:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Avenging_Mikon posted:

yes, a lot of people. In fact, 3D should only be done at the cinema, and filmmakers have learned to use it to great atmospheric effect.

gently caress you.

That's a pretty over the top response to a legitimate complaint. 3D is a gimmick that needs to die. For every scene that looks cool, there are 100 others where it's just theme park show poo poo like "oh no the bug is flying at you" or "whoa the actor reached out of the screen at me".

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Even art house people like Ang Lee believe in 3D though

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Mu Zeta posted:

Life of Pi was a poo poo movie.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

ghost emoji posted:

Jobs where, if you have to miss a shift, it's your responsibility to find someone to replace you. I feel like this should be the manager's job. They have access to the schedule and all of the employee's contact info. I don't get why it has to be on the employee to find someone, especially because most of the time you're missing a shift it's because you're sick and really don't want to talk on the phone.

This is absolutely a deliberate pressure tactic to get workers to take less time off. It's the same kind of thing as a manager saying, "If I give you a raise, where is that money supposed to come from? Who else on the team shouldn't get a raise so you can get one?" It's their job to know and decide these things, not yours, but they'll manipulate you any way they can to get you to agree that you deserve less.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Mu Zeta posted:

Ang Lee, filmmaker known for creating wonderful art house films such as:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That's pretty much what that movie is. It was a weird experiment.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Mu Zeta posted:

Brokeback Mountain: 3D

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

areyoucontagious posted:

Radio stations that switch their programming to all-Christmas all-the-time. There's a few that do this in my area, one of which is a station I like listening to regularly. loving three weeks ago, they start playing Christmas music 24/7. Why the gently caress does anyone need that much Christmas that early?

Related, I hope Paul McCartney dies making GBS threads himself under a burning bus for his "Simply having a wonderful Christmastime" song. gently caress that guy.
loving Last Christmas, man. Every year every station reports the results of some ages-old poll where Last Christmas came out on top of the most painfully annoying Christmas songs, and every year the very same stations have it on heavy rotation. I don't know if it's an ironic thing or if they really do lack the awareness.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

My Lovely Horse posted:

loving Last Christmas, man. Every year every station reports the results of some ages-old poll where Last Christmas came out on top of the most painfully annoying Christmas songs, and every year the very same stations have it on heavy rotation. I don't know if it's an ironic thing or if they really do lack the awareness.

If we're going by most annoying Christmas songs, "All I want for Christmas is you" is by far the one I hate the most.

lavaca
Jun 11, 2010
Jean-Luc Godard made an artsy-fartsy 3D movie a few years back called Goodbye to Language. It has a few scenes where you can close one eye to see a completely different image. I really hope that doesn't catch on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

My Lovely Horse posted:

Baby It's Cold Outside is a date rape play by play framed as a Christmas duet. Its also a poo poo song so we should retire it twice.