Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
ya know there are no laws about cannons!!!!!! avast yee scurvy land dogs just wait till you feel the full power of a broadside of 3 cannon from my volvo station wagon!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Darkman Fanpage posted:

hell i've started thinking about buying a gun. why should right-wing lunatics be the only ones with the means to protect themselves from the government?

same, also to have a way out if the worst happens

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Democrats should pass a law that says you have to call them "clips" instead of "magazines" and then harness the heat emitted by the ever-building internal rage of gun forum dudes as a green energy program.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
Wait is balooven Canadian

Don't suck my dick then

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Baloogan posted:

im also totally fine with our FBI (the rcmp) doing background checks before buying, and a 2 day course on gun safety and laws

problem is the rcmp have theri own ideas of what the laws mean but i got nothing fancy, hell i got nothing designed post 1900 and my next purchase is gonna be one of those tiny cannons or a musket

aside from grieving parents and really hardline nanny staters, idt anyone on the left wants to ban all guns. I would just like to know nobody can decide to blow away a whole shopping mall and buy enough munitions to do so that same day. I don't want to have to worry about giving someone a mean look and have to fear for them waving a pistol around. I would like the same amount of care and oversight for owning a firearm as for driving a car or at least loving fishing

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

bump_fn posted:

Don't suck my dick then

he's half and half

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

bump_fn posted:

Don't suck my dick then

:hai:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Joementum posted:

Democrats should pass a law that says you have to call them "clips" instead of "magazines" and then harness the heat emitted by the ever-building internal rage of gun forum dudes as a green energy program.
unironically this

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

theflyingexecutive posted:

he's half and half

Ok I guess he can suck half my dick :shobon:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

he's half and half

i prepfer to think of it as all and all
i come from a line of proud canadian - americans!!!!!!!

lok at a map if youi think of acana and america as one big country its got hella nice borders

makin liquor runs across the alaska yukon =border tro chillin in hawaii complaining about all the touraists

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Only legalize possession of muzzle loaded weapons, like the founding fathers intended

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Baloogan posted:

i prepfer to think of it as all and all
i come from a line of proud canadian - americans!!!!!!!

lok at a map if youi think of acana and america as one big country its got hella nice borders

makin liquor runs across the alaska yukon =border tro chillin in hawaii complaining about all the touraists

If Trump ends up renegotiation NAFTA, I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes true. Art of the Deal, 'nucks.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Only legalize possession of muzzle loaded weapons, like the founding fathers intended

i really want to get my gun-friends to all buy muzzleloaders and do a line drill and fire in volley but i get a resounding "lol" when i suggest it
:(

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

sullat posted:

If Trump ends up renegotiation NAFTA, I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes true. Art of the Deal, 'nucks.

theres a deep seated stubborness in the canadian soul
god bless canada

our last priministiister who aawas was worth a drat said "god bless canada" in his last speech in the public eye after losing the election to some cuckmeat idiot who STILL HAVENT LEGALISEZED IT

and it broguht a tear to my eye

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Baloogan posted:

i really want to get my gun-friends to all buy muzzleloaders and do a line drill and fire in volley but i get a resounding "lol" when i suggest it
:(

Sorry about your friends with no taste, Baloo.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Compulsory militia musters as well.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoOTUDS-wTM

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

I'm confused is Assad to blame for the war because he said no to a pipeline?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Parallax Scroll posted:

democrats should drop the gun issue. it alienates too many voters.

Since when does the reality of how Democrats act or vote have any connection to how single issue gun voters react when the NRA tells them "Democrats gonna come to TAKE YOUR FREEDOM!"?

If every single Democrat never said another word about guns ever, the message would be that they're trying to trick gun voters so that once in power, they can take ALL THE GUNS! Hell, we saw literally that happen after Obama never said another word about guns after Sandy Hook.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

LegoPirateNinja posted:

I'm confused is Assad to blame for the war because he said no to a pipeline?

I think Assad is bad because he's killed like 400,000 of his own people. Just my hot take there.

Fados
Jan 7, 2013
I like Malcolm X, I can't be racist!

Put this racist dipshit on ignore immediately!

Fulchrum posted:

Since when does the reality of how Democrats act or vote have any connection to how single issue gun voters react when the NRA tells them "Democrats gonna come to TAKE YOUR FREEDOM!"?

If every single Democrat never said another word about guns ever, the message would be that they're trying to trick gun voters so that once in power, they can take ALL THE GUNS! Hell, we saw literally that happen after Obama never said another word about guns after Sandy Hook.

not everyone on the right is a paranoid lunatic

firebeats
May 8, 2016

aside from grieving parents and really hardline nanny staters, idt anyone on the left wants to ban all guns.

They exist.

They must be purged for the good of the party.

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine
Big lol @ how much political capital gets completely wasted on gun control when there are 300 million loving guns out there.

The cat is out of the bag, pick another issue where you can actually make a difference and won't lose as many potential voters.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ploft-shell crab posted:

Big lol @ how much political capital gets completely wasted on gun control when there are 300 million loving guns out there.

The cat is out of the bag, pick another issue where you can actually make a difference and won't lose as many potential voters.

Bad dems like go nowhere social wedge issues like gun control since it doesn't threaten the billionaire class that funds them.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Fados posted:

not everyone on the right is a paranoid lunatic

Pi Didn't Say everyone on the right, I said single issue gun voters - the people who see guns as the only important matter, and for whom any talk of gun control in any way must be destroyed.

If you have an explanation for why this person, who hears "expanded background checks to catch potentially dangerous individuals" as "FEMA death camps!", is NOT a paranoid lunatic, please share it with the rest of us.

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015
wow fulchrum gently caress off with the racism. not all white people are gun nuts

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

firebeats
May 8, 2016

etalian posted:

Bad dems like go nowhere social wedge issues like gun control since it doesn't threaten the billionaire class that funds them.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Fulchrum posted:

It's just a matter of motivating turnout - and sending a gently caress you to Cheeto Hitler is a hell of a motivator.

How did this post from 11/7 just now show up on the forums?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

e: wrong thread

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ploft-shell crab posted:

Big lol @ how much political capital gets completely wasted on income inequality when there are 350 million loving temporarily embaressed millionaires out there.

As long as we are making the "Don't pursue issues that Republicans always rephrase in a way that just loses dems votes" argument, we may as well throw in 'class warfare' since it's in exactly the same goddamn boat.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Venom Snake posted:

I think Assad is bad because he's killed like 400,000 of his own people. Just my hot take there.

This is a credit Stalin for all WW2 deaths in Soviet Union methodology.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

This is a credit Stalin for all WW2 deaths in Soviet Union methodology.

...no, it's more like a "credit the empire for all the people killed on Alderaan" thing.

I guess Palpatine wouldn't have been forced to take action if those rebels hadn't attacked first.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I think Assad is bad on the absolute minimum basis that all unelected dictators are bad

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Fulchrum posted:

...no, it's more like a "credit the empire for all the people killed on Alderaan" thing.

I guess Palpatine wouldn't have been forced to take action if those rebels hadn't attacked first.

It's also a common neoconfederate trope to call Abe Lincoln a mass murder who killed 600,000 of his "own people."

It's perfectly ok to say that Assad is a mass murdering war criminal bad man, without claiming that he's ultimately responsible for everyone killed in the Syrian civil war. There are other complicating factors at play, in one of the most complicated civil wars known to history. If the SAA laid down their arms and gave up, it wouldn't be an end to the civil war.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
The Democrats just need to have a simple message on gun control while also literally shouting that guns are good and the second amendment is important. Dems lose so many voters who are otherwise socially liberal because NRA propaganda is so effective.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ace of Baes posted:

The Democrats just need to have a simple message on gun control while also literally shouting that guns are good and the second amendment is important. Dems lose so many voters who are otherwise socially liberal because NRA propaganda is so effective.

They took machine guns, they'll take your hunting rifles next and ban hunting. - Every hunting program on any outdoor channel

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

You really can't say anything about gun control because there's no way it won't be twisted according to the paranoid style, into a secret slippery slope plot to take the guns away.

If you really want gun control to be politically viable then arm blacks, hispanics, and communists - then march them up and down every main street in formation. People will be begging for gun control then.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ace of Baes posted:

The Democrats just need to have a simple message on gun control while also literally shouting that guns are good and the second amendment is important.
Gee, if only Hillary had said something like this every single time guns were mentioned.

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/758864830119895041

Them I'm sure all gun owners would have been reasonable and calm.

Fulchrum has issued a correction as of 04:05 on Nov 25, 2016

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Fulchrum posted:

Gee, if only Hillary had said something like this every single time guns were mentioned.

(I don't know how to embed tweets)

Them I'm sure all gun owners would have been reasonable and calm.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...st-one-expired/

quote:

The 1994-2004 ban expired, and in 2008 and 2012, there was no similar campaign by Democrats to promote an assault weapons ban. But in interviews since the Orlando shootings, Hillary Clinton has called for the ban to return, and linked the easy availability of semiautomatic weapons to terrorism.

"We’ve got to keep weapons of war off our streets, as well as blocking suspected terrorists from buying guns," the presumed Democratic presidential nominee said Monday on "CBS This Morning."

*you can embed tweets just by pasting the link into your post ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Fulchrum posted:

(I don't know how to embed tweets)

just link them, they auto-embed on here

• Locked thread