Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

Isn't the stat something insane like he's five points away from being a five time world champion. Luck definitely ain't his strong suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
"Yes, leaving Mclaren for Renault is a good idea"

"Yes, leaving ferrari for Mclaren is a good idea"

"Yes, leaving Mclaren for Force India is a good idea" (spoilers)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

Isn't the stat something insane like he's five points away from being a five time world champion. Luck definitely ain't his strong suit.

6 points from being 5 time, 11 points from being 6 time.

2007 he lost by 1 point
2010 lost by 4 points
2012 lost by 3 points

He would have lost on countback in every tie.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

El Hefe posted:

Germany has the top team at the moment and German drivers have won 11(12) driver titles in the last couple decades and yet next year there won't be a German GP

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/german-gp-set-to-be-dropped-from-2017-f1-calendar-853403/

F1 is dead

Hockenheimring is poo poo anyway, bring back old Hockenheimring, a nice drive out past the ghost of Jim Clark

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Are they even doing a post season test in Abu Dhabi after the race this year? Seems pretty pointless give how the cars are completely changing next year.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Crockenheim is more like it.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
"Hurrr Durrr Durrr; flat out power circuits are not challenging!" - Idiots, late 20th century. Well I hope you are happy now.

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Nov 24, 2016

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

MattD1zzl3 posted:

"Yes, leaving Mclaren for Renault is a good idea"

"Yes, leaving ferrari for Mclaren is a good idea"

These both were good ideas.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Human Grand Prix posted:

Crockenheim is more like it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

wicka posted:

These both were good ideas.
Yeah, leaving Mclaren he has an excuse for why he got beat by Hamilton

leaving Ferrari, he has an excuse for why he got beat by Vettel.

Being the losing driver on a winning team makes you look like an rear end in a top hat, see: Rosberg, Webbah

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I think you'll find that Hamilton is the rear end in a top hat.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

I think you'll find that Hamilton is the rear end in a top hat.

Hot take: both Merc drivers are assholes

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Powershift posted:

Yeah, leaving Mclaren he has an excuse for why he got beat by Hamilton

leaving Ferrari, he has an excuse for why he got beat by Vettel.

Being the losing driver on a winning team makes you look like an rear end in a top hat, see: Rosberg, Webbah

He obviously couldn't stay at McLaren after 2007 and Ferrari is poo poo now. They'll probably be worse than McLaren next year and weren't going to win him a title in the last two seasons anyway.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Ferrari has been poo poo since the late 70s with brief periods of cheating in the mid 2000s. These days its where careers go to die.

Good luck, Sebastian.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

What? No. You should be wishing Vettel the worst of luck. I hope he has a Villeneuve-esque end to his career and fades away like a failure.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Powershift posted:

6 points from being 5 time, 11 points from being 6 time.

2007 he lost by 1 point
2010 lost by 4 points
2012 lost by 3 points

He would have lost on countback in every tie.

He was hosed over a) Ron being a twat and quoted as saying 'We are racing Alonso' while being in the same team, he so could have won that if Ron had done his job b) Ferrari's legandary poo poo strategy and RBR hoodwinking over Webbers pit stop, he's 4 time wdc in all but fuckwittery

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

wicka posted:

What? No. You should be wishing Vettel the worst of luck. I hope he has a Villeneuve-esque end to his career and fades away like a failure.

You're underestimating just how rapidly Jacques became a complete nobody.
1st in '98
5th in '99
then lmao
Let us not forget he sunset himself at Sauber.

In the annuals of frauds, Jacques stands alone.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Goons hate it when team bosses employ team orders and Goons also hate it when team bosses let their drivers race each other. Got it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Goons hate it when team bosses employ team orders and Goons also hate it when team bosses let their drivers race each other. Got it.

Newsflash: goons hate everything

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

MattD1zzl3 posted:

It's like you're acting as if you're new around here or something.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

This remains to be one of the most heartbreaking moments of F1 in recent years :(

wicka posted:

I hope he has a Villeneuve-esque end to his career...

I thought that was going to be pretty dark but then realised you meant the other villeneuve.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

enri posted:

I thought that was going to be pretty dark but then realised you meant the other villeneuve.

I hope Max Verstappen has a Villeneuve-esque end to his career.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

Seeing Big John beat him in the same car is gonna be great.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

It's this generation's Berger and Alesi.

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

1500quidporsche posted:

Are they even doing a post season test in Abu Dhabi after the race this year? Seems pretty pointless give how the cars are completely changing next year.

Allegedly Pirelli need all the testing time they can get to sort out next years tyres because none of the testing with modified cars this year has been useful enough. And they have to sign off next seasons tyres' by mid December or something?

e- all based off http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/analysis-has-pirelli-got-it-right-with-2017-f1-tyres-852958/?s=1

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Alain Post posted:

I hope Max Verstappen has a Villeneuve-esque end to his career.

This is why you're The Professor of Posting

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

El Hefe posted:

Germany has the top team at the moment and German drivers have won 11(12) driver titles in the last couple decades and yet next year there won't be a German GP
What makes you think the German GP won't be hosted in Minsk next year?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GramCracker posted:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GramCracker posted:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

What makes you think the German GP won't be hosted in Minsk next year?

Are you saying German expansionism is coming back?

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

El Hefe posted:

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/german-gp-set-to-be-dropped-from-2017-f1-calendar-853403/

F1 is dead

So is it just that Bernie's too much of a dickhead? Are the Americans going to save F1?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Pirate Radar posted:

So is it just that Bernie's too much of a dickhead? Are the Americans going to save F1?

Bystander: "No"

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Real talk though: we have problems with our own open wheel series, let alone having enough attention for F1

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I meant the new ownership, not the viewers

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Pirate Radar posted:

I meant the new ownership, not the viewers

Last I saw they were for the status quo. Would like to be proven wrong though

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Hey

Don't make racing in this desert poo poo hole look cool

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

quote:

Flogging and stoning are legal forms of judicial punishment in the UAE due to Sharia courts. The government restricts freedom of speech and freedom of the press, and the local media is censored to avoid criticizing the government, government officials or royal families. Freedom of association and freedom of religion are also curtailed.

WELL DONE ABU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
lol it has begun.

sky are saying "all Nico has to do is follow in his wake and stay behind him"

2 seconds later "any driver on the grid could finish on the podium in that Mercedes this weekend" M Brundle.

You are not wrong martin but are you aware that while slagging off Nico that this also applies to Lewis as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It's ok to watch everyone, it's Ant on commentary :D

• Locked thread