Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
cams
Mar 28, 2003

the trump tutelage posted:

i don't think anyone is afraid of their capitalist oppressors per se. i think everyone is afraid of losing what they have, such as it is.
yeah this is why i had difficulty phrasing that. but i do think there is some fear of it being taken away rather than losing it. same reason people don't unionize even in situations where they have the leverage necessary to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

cams posted:

also you constantly post about your thirst for nuclear war and now you wanna pretend you're not just a gimmick poster lol

im giddy as poo poo about nuclear war
US Nuclear Silo Fields: https://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/Import?Location=imports%2F%2FUS%2FICBM
USSR/Russia Nuclear Silo Fields: https://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/Import?Location=imports%2F%2FUSSR-Russia%2FICBM
(Broken down by year, location) Check em.

Likely Israeli WMD Bunkers / Missiles: https://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/ImportMap?Location=imports%2F%2FIsrael%2FWMD.inst

Nuclear Ballistic Missile Submarines: https://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/Type?Plat=Submarine&ID=2005

Exerp from Escalation by Kahn: https://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/Kahn%27s_Escalation_Ladder (Really worth checking out!!)

USAF: Global Strike Command Order of Battle
https://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/United_States_Air_Force_OOB_Current#Air_Force_Global_Strike_Command

This ain't no gimmick, boy.

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

cams posted:

yeah this is why i had difficulty phrasing that. but i do think there is some fear of it being taken away rather than losing it. same reason people don't unionize even in situations where they have the leverage necessary to do so.

yeah, 75% of anti-union messaging in a workplace is pretty much "you could, and that's your right, but we'll totally retaliate if you try"

cams
Mar 28, 2003

this just confirms that you're a gimmick so i don't know what you were trying to do here

some interesting stuff though

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

cams posted:

this just confirms that you're a gimmick so i don't know what you were trying to do here

some interesting stuff though

Do global war fetishists get that they live on the globe too, and will almost certainly perish if it goes nuclear?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Nichael posted:

Do global war fetishists get that they live on the globe too, and will almost certainly perish if it goes nuclear?

I think that's the point

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

cams posted:

:agreed:

it's like living in perpetual fear of the mafia smashing up your storefront if you don't pay them protection money, but you never really question the mafia's right to do so. and besides, you wouldn't have to pay them so much if the (((GOVERNMENT))) would just stop harassing them.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Mariana Horchata posted:

idk i have some friendz who werk for Elon and i hardly get to ever see them and when i do they are always drained and on the verge of passing out at the table/bar from working 60-70hrs a week...which is wack af but on the flipside riding to the bar on the hwy in an autopilot engaged Model S while hitting a PAX is rad af so i guess im conflicted

that's not exactly uncommon for engineers, especially ones at companies like that, doubly so for certain fields like aerospace

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Karl Sharks posted:

that's not exactly uncommon for engineers, especially ones at companies like that, doubly so for certain fields like aerospace

start your career at tesla or spacex working 70-80 hours a week and have a really good line on your resume when you quit in 5 years and can go somewhere more chill

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Only post in this shitshow that ever made any sense.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Real talk, I don't think we're going to get nuked under Trump, life will just get shittier for non-whites, women and the poor, plus the US will lose a lot of its economic standing. But if it came down to it, would it be better to drink yourself stupid and die with dignity if you knew a bomb was on the way? Or try to get out and make sure society rebuilds itself without assholes at the helm this time around?

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013
capital doesn't need so much labor any more, so jobs aren't coming back. it's foolish to retreat to 1950's/60's middle class fantasies. it was stifling and lovely and excluded many, and people revolted from it.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

logikv9 posted:

we live in an universe where Germany has to save us

if trump goes full fascist I'm willing to flee to Germany, join the Bundsheer, and the raise the flag of Germany over a burned out US Capitol dome

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

change my name posted:

Real talk, I don't think we're going to get nuked under Trump, life will just get shittier for non-whites, women and the poor, plus the US will lose a lot of its economic standing. But if it came down to it, would it be better to drink yourself stupid and die with dignity if you knew a bomb was on the way? Or try to get out and make sure society rebuilds itself without assholes at the helm this time around?

if you are seriously worried about nuclear then buy iodine tablets and a couple of (different brand) geiger counters.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
minimum basic income freeing people from needing employment to survive is the only way the system is going to possible be sustainable, it will collapse in on itself otherwise from a decaying consumer base

of course since capital doesn't know what the gently caress it's doing being completely directionless, this will never happen unless forced to by rule

in this era of big data why couldn't we come up with a command economy able to actually track everything and direct resources to where they're needed?

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

change my name posted:

poo poo's gonna get worse for whites too, maybe not as much but then again it will get worse for poor blacks than it will for "women"

the only people who are coming out ahead in this are the people who were coming out ahead regardless of who won. sorry if thats not intersectional enough an analysis for the left these days :(

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
don't give me this garbage about startup innovation, fifty different apps to find someone to gently caress or to have food delivered to you isn't "innovation", it's bottom of the barrel laziness because real problems take more effort and investment to solve

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Bolton Hairy-Bore posted:

capital doesn't need so much labor any more, so jobs aren't coming back. it's foolish to retreat to 1950's/60's middle class fantasies. it was stifling and lovely and excluded many, and people revolted from it.
this is also part of the problem. in order to be honest while promoting a real progressive economic agenda, you have to tell people that the times are changing quickly and that we ALL need to change with them. voters want "change" but they want the government to change, not themselves.

this is also why i don't fault incrementalism because it might, in fact, not be a bad idea to do it gradually.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Shipon posted:

minimum basic income freeing people from needing employment to survive is the only way the system is going to possible be sustainable, it will collapse in on itself otherwise from a decaying consumer base

of course since capital doesn't know what the gently caress it's doing being completely directionless, this will never happen unless forced to by rule

in this era of big data why couldn't we come up with a command economy able to actually track everything and direct resources to where they're needed?

Then the rich people would have to share and that would make the money sad.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Rust belt is loving retarded.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Baloogan posted:

if you are seriously worried about nuclear then buy iodine tablets and a couple of (different brand) geiger counters.

Nah, I live in the middle of NYC so I'd be irreparably hosed.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

change my name posted:

if u depend on life saving medication for physical or mental illness than you're completely hosed if the bombs drop, best case scenario you get vaporized and don't get stuck counting down the days until your pills run out and you die a slow lingering death

e: on a lighter note, trump doctor sex cake ed balls

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

cams posted:

this is also part of the problem. in order to be honest while promoting a real progressive economic agenda, you have to tell people that the times are changing quickly and that we ALL need to change with them. voters want "change" but they want the government to change, not themselves.

this is also why i don't fault incrementalism because it might, in fact, not be a bad idea to do it gradually.

that's sort of why I got behind Hillary as a positive candidate besides not just being trump. she had flaws but she would have been slow and steady forward in certain ways

though maybe people are right and we might never have learned our lesson, who knows. all I know is it I'd rather we learn the lesson about helping the poor and minorities without having to see both go through hell first

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Shipon posted:

because it would be a big change and people are afraid and, sadly, top-down restructuring of institutions does not have a lot of success in history.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

change my name posted:

Nah, I live in the middle of NYC so I'd be irreparably hosed.

meh, they don't nuke cities, they don't nuke cities to keep the cities as hostages essentially.
A nuclear war is kinda like an argument that both sides desperately want to end and get the last word in.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

what i always find funny is how the stock market does better under democratic presidents than republican ones lol

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013

Shipon posted:

although the system of wealth and power could also survive if the surplus population are put in prisons or in refugee camps. or they could just exterminate the poor.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
think of how rad it would be to put Facebook and twitter and whatever other analytics firms' algorithms to work designing an efficient economy instead of pushing garbage ads for garbage products at people

Cybersyn

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Karl Sharks posted:

what i always find funny is how the stock market does better under democratic presidents than republican ones lol

Republican economic policy literally does not work.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Karl Sharks posted:

stock market going to do PRETTY GOOD for a while under Trump when he knocks corporate rate from 35% to 15%

Covok
May 27, 2013

The rust belt is REALY loving retarded.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
anyone have any cool names for underground resistance movements in the coming neo-fascist era

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

UV_Catastrophe posted:

anyone have any cool names for underground resistance movements in the coming neo-fascist era

Liberal Crime Squad

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Kazak_Hstan posted:

stock market going to do PRETTY GOOD for a while under Trump when he knocks corporate rate from 35% to 15%
this is why, if i worked for him, i'd be telling him the ONLY thing he should be working to pass is the 500b/huge tax cuts plan because it would boost the economy until he finished his second term. maybe a little bit after. then some other things might happen but who cares

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Baloogan posted:

meh, they don't nuke cities, they don't nuke cities to keep the cities as hostages essentially.
A nuclear war is kinda like an argument that both sides desperately want to end and get the last word in.

lol if you don't think even the very idea of Trump Tower getting nuked and spilling gold and bronze ash over the east coast is enough to make president trump apoplectic

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

UV_Catastrophe posted:

Canadian Liberation Army

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013

cams posted:

i honestly, perhaps niavely, think that people would take quick to a change that's less like "law and order and work" and more like "gently caress working for others profits, spend your day as you wish in relative comfort"

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

change my name posted:

lol if you don't think even the very idea of Trump Tower getting nuked and spilling gold and bronze ash over the east coast is enough to make president trump apoplectic

obama would exchange a million americans and a few million euros for a nuclear ceasefire because his breakfast is milktoast. trump would go all the way :q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

im still catching up but it seems like Trump got his wires crossed and is appointing the hawkish neocon globalists to the regular normie government instead of the shadow one like is supposed to happen.

The real question is, who is showing up to the underground secret lair Rothschild illuminati meetings that run everything? Mike Tyson? Omarosa? The ghost of Joe Paterno?

• Locked thread