Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
"no, it's great, really," says a relative as they bite into yeasty ash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
All my dinner fixings came out well but I bought those self rise yeast rolls

You are brave for attempting fresh rolls though

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
they probably all voted for trump and they think you know and deliberately hosed up the bread as a tiny elf vengeance

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Chelb posted:

i had a good thanksgiving and managed to live and cope with my crushing dinner roll tragedy

Crushing Roll Tragedy is my garage punk band

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Avshalom posted:

they probably all voted for trump and they think you know and deliberately hosed up the bread as a tiny elf vengeance

rotd's extended family probably think he's a republican like them avshalong

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Gin and Juche posted:

Crushing Roll Tragedy is my garage punk band
it's the title of my rotd/randler yaoi, which has a very unhappy ending

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

PupsOfWar posted:

I meant only to account for people who have posted in the past couple of hours and do not aim to commit erasure of any jewish, asian-american, bog-irish or african-american posters who have posted previously or intend to post in the future

i posted in the last few hours you neo confederate mountain troll

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
also lol at anyone who eats thanksgiving with family instead of close personal friends who aren't racist demons

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i posted in the last few hours you neo confederate mountain troll

*runs pen down checklist*
I'm afraid you're accounted for under Various White Americans, chum, unless my database has gone rogue and begun lying to me

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Avshalom posted:

it's the title of my rotd/randler yaoi, which has a very unhappy ending

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm racist against everyone itt

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

people around here always assume I vote republican even when I've had conversations with them about how I believe in illegalizing capital gains, nationalizing the entire medical, defense and transportation industries, installing a $1m wealth cap, restoring all federal lands to native american jurisdiction, and implementing GMI, and even after they agree with me on those things

I assume the same thing happens with rotd, particularly as he has been forced to remain in the closet until recently

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

PupsOfWar posted:

*runs pen down checklist*
I'm afraid you're accounted for under Various White Americans, chum, unless my database has gone rogue and begun lying to me

japanese ancestry boyo

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I ate dinner with my liberal family in Chicago

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Hollismason posted:

I ate dinner with my liberal family in Chicago

how was the deep dish pizza this year?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

japanese ancestry boyo

*grunts apologetically, takes up wrench, dives into forest of wires and tubes to change entry*

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

how was the deep dish pizza this year?

We didn't cook it and it's a casserole

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
one of the moms is mexican-american and made some amazing beans and enchilada for fucktrumpsgiving

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Avshalom posted:

i'm racist against everyone itt

AW DANG

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't know what that means, but it wasn't an actual worry. just a passing thought. All those doomsday preppers are dumb, their great great grandkids are just gonna die of polio and chicken pox.

eh the thing is a lot of the diseases that have been totally wiped out in developed countries have also been wiped in most other countries, and where they aren't they're at pretty low prevalence. and any apocalypse scenario bears the likelihood that people who already have the various really bad ones are going to die of earlier, so it'd be hard for them to spread.

also a lot of them can be prevented with simple management of human and animal waste to be kept separate from the drinking water, which you can handle with roman empire level technology, as long as you make sure to maintain it

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

When is the fishmerch apparel line being rolled out

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
thanksgiving was nice as trump finally shattered my parents unquestioning faith in the republican party

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

today we are all LSU fans

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
i'm famously angry about politics so no one in my family said poo poo about it. we talked about my parent's wishes in the event of their deaths instead. then we had cake and had a belated birthday celebration for myself.

it was nice!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
dad managed to cook a turkey in a fashion that didn't leave it dry as a bone for the first time in my 26 years on this planet. that was a nice surprise.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

It looks like the rear end is throwing up

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

paragon1 posted:

dad managed to cook a turkey in a fashion that didn't leave it dry as a bone for the first time in my 26 years on this planet. that was a nice surprise.

This year we salted the turkey, drizzled on a bit of olive oil, andd raped it bacon. Moistest turkey ever.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

paragon1 posted:

Why haven't people heard of tin foil?

It's impossible to dry a turkey out this way unless you go into a coma or use anything other than an oven.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Aeryk posted:

I always volunteer to cook the turkey because it's the easiest thing to do
you tell that to the millions of people who make lovely-rear end turkeys

They're the same assholes who can't roast a goddamn chicken and make everyone think chicken is dry and flavorless

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Guy Goodbody posted:

andd raped it bacon.
mate

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

draped. and draped it in bacon

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
what was everyone thankful for this year? my list was kind of short

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

today we are all LSU fans

dont speak for me bitch

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
we made a fine broth out of the turkey carcass and will take turns bathing in it

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Avshalom posted:

i'm blessed with a grandma that is either a fundamentally good person to her core or a remarkably skilled con artist

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

PupsOfWar posted:

I assume the same thing happens with rotd, particularly as he has been forced to remain in the closet until recently

i was out to pretty much everybody except my dad and extended family, and as it turns out my worries regarding my dad were unfounded

so idk

but my close family all have a good gist of my political opinions

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
lol if your family's political opinions don't range from slightly left of bernie sanders to stalin

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

The Muppets On PCP posted:

lol if your family's political opinions don't range from slightly left of bernie sanders to stalin

My grandfather still thinks integrating football was bad

• Locked thread