Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

Well, I have an 8* fully augmented Lightbringer now. :v:

Virulence fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Nov 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
2/11, Lightning and Gilgamesh's bursts. I was hoping for a magic burst but I didn't get any dupes, and maybe secretly I've always wanted Lightning's burst so it worked out :shobon: Now to wait for OSB fest and the Minfilia banner.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

SmokingFrog0641 posted:

Noel's sword and Terra's rod. Glad to finally have a magic burst and glad I didn't get Vaan's for a third time. How's Noel's sword stack up? I have Vaan's and Beatrix's as my other two in my A Team.
Noel's BSB damage is slightly weaker than Cloud's/Bartz's bursts, but it carries a Full Breakdown effect, plus Attack Breakdown/Mental Breakdown commands with a higher multiplier, on a character that hits much harder than Sazh or Larsa.

It's not all that great if your damage capping the hits on lower level content, but It's a great thing to take to any Ultimate/Nightmare fight that has a boss that ignores res/def.

Varance fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Nov 25, 2016

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
Vaan's Orichalcum Dirk and Vanille's Mistilteinn. Two good instacast BSBs and a healer relic for XIII? Hell yeah. :toot:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Tyro BSB (... meh. I like it as an RW but have no interest in wasting a party slot on having Tyro use it), and Leon BSB (...okay. I need two synergy badly. It'll do.)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Threw 50 Mythril at the FF3 banner chasing Onion Gauntlets.

Got the Heroic Shield and the Elder Staff instead.

100 Mythril spent is enough for one (late) night. I'll re-evaluate in the morning.

Good luck to all of you! May you avoid Tiny Bees!

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Got Ramza and Wakka's BSBs. I am stoked about Ramza and my first FFT 5* weapon. Wakka I guess can come along to my CM teams. But as I already have Vaan and Faris' BSBs, well, poor Wakka.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I got Tiny Bees :(

But I also got Hamelin, so I feel like the universe balanced itself out.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

AegisP posted:

I got Tiny Bees :(

But I also got Hamelin, so I feel like the universe balanced itself out.

MORE LIKE TRIGGER UNHAPPY

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Also, since I was waiting to see if I got IV or III equipment in the black Friday Lucky Draw and I didn't get any;

3/11 on Reclaiming the Skies Banner 2: Lamia Harp (!), Wyverns Lance (ok), Faerie Claws (oh hey, IV synergy, nice)
2/11 on Aspiring Knight Banner 1: Heroic Shield (dupe), off-banner Danjuro (lol). Win some, lose some.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Artemis Bow and Razzmatazz for me. I'll take it.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Got Wakka's Glorious Armguard, Fang's Rhomphaia, and Yuna's Tiny Bee.

Two out of three ain't bad.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

This pleases me. Firion BSB hells yes.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
Noel's ....sword? Shield on a stick? With go fast holes?

Anywho, sorry friend Noel but I already have Faris' BSB so see you next CM.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Not exactly what I hoped for, but on the other hand, it's my first healer BSB and Locke's has Imperil Fire, which, well, I already have Terra's Fire Beam, so... I think I figured out which Chain spell I'm honing first.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

Got 1st Fusion (which is eh, whatever, I mastered the OSB on Cloud so why not) and Oversoul (did I even level Tifa?). Pulled on OK 1 after and got Arc's Medica and that lame shield. At least this is a blink Medica so I have options besides Vanille's ether Medica for later when I have honed abilities. Add that to my complete poo poo pull on Kain 1 and I'm a little salty, but only a little.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
1/11 Aerith's white materia. Never really used her despite having 3 unique SBs but might have to now.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
This is such a weird time for a Draw. I was wondering why the gently caress there was like 50 new posts in the thread.

And yeah, I think I'm a winner today:

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Zidane BSB is a possible result on the Black Friday banner though, so who knows how that'll turn out for you!

Pretty good, it turns out! :toot:

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Nothing game breaking, but two very solid (non-dupe!) bursts. I am pleased.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Also for those hoping for Onion Gauntlets, word's out: the IV and III relics that are on current banners aren't in the pool, nor are the VIII relics that re-appear next week (Rinoa and Selphie).

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Thought it'd be half price, whoops! If my math is right though i should get 50 the morning before it closes though.

Never assume I guess.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

I'm good with it.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

It's me. I am the one with the worst luck.

I'm not even mad! I got OK BSB first try on the OK banner!

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
I have 2 bursts and manage to get a dupe Rhomphala. But I also got first fusion sword and Lockes BSB knife, which will pair nicely with my Balthier BSB!

I feel like I'm finally on the up and up, time to save for FF14 event.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

It's me. I am the one with the worst luck.

Nah, the worst luck is if you already had it. Press F to pay respects to U-DO Burger.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
1/11, Rikku's Machinations. Is it any good if you DON'T have any other Water SB's to take advantage of the decreased resistance?

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
Dupe Ragnarok V and vanille BSB. At least only one dupe!

Vanille burst is very very good

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Shock Trooper posted:

1/11, Rikku's Machinations. Is it any good if you DON'T have any other Water SB's to take advantage of the decreased resistance?

It's pretty good regardless, since the commands have other purposes. AoE chance to proc Stun is ok, though the chance is fairly low. But the single target attack is a -Atk/-Def Mug, which will stack with a lot of stuff. That'll definitely be handy.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Got Overture, and Flame Staff (Lightning and Vivi's BSB). Haven't heard much about the flame staff but Overture is good right?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Shock Trooper posted:

One of the burst commands is Water/Lightning with a stun proc, the other is a mini-Mug Bloodlust. It's good even without elemental exploitation.

Plus, if you can bring a Tidus BSB or OSB as a RW... well. :getin:

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Fair enough! Just wanted confirmation that it stacked with other debuffs, that's cool then.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Zebia posted:

Got Overture, and Flame Staff (Lightning and Vivi's BSB). Haven't heard much about the flame staff but Overture is good right?
Overture is a "meh" workhorse like most of the early BSBs, it's nearly identical to Cloud's. Slightly lower damage but it has some status effects on it.

Proof of Existence is a pretty standard but strong en-element mage BSB in fire flavor. These guys are the cornerstones of mage teams.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Shock Trooper posted:

Fair enough! Just wanted confirmation that it stacked with other debuffs, that's cool then.

It doesn't stack with Mug Bloodlust, hence why I coined it as such, but that's okay since it gives the exact same buff/debuff combo, just does less damage.

That said, it's a reason to not pack said skill on Rikku.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Black Friday!!! For the Burst draw, I got---Bartz's Ragnarok(ok!) and Vaan's Orichalcum Dirk!! Alright!!!!

Then time for a chase. A chase for one of the BSBs on banner 1. 200 mythril and gets me...Onion Bracers!!! Plus Arc's SSB2 and lots of Lust Daggers. And I have 337 Mythril to spare.

But man that's two killer BSBs there plus one for Bartz who didn't have anything before. Can't complain!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
So you had.... 600 mithril?

How the hell do you guys save so much between major banners

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

wizard on a water slide posted:

So you had.... 600 mithril?

How the hell do you guys save so much between major banners
I saved up 300, and even then that was with marathonning probably 40-50 elites to finish off my realms. And that was a challenge.

I can't even fathom how you save 600 without monklike patience and devotion to the onion knight.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I saved up 300, and even then that was with marathonning probably 40-50 elites to finish off my realms. And that was a challenge.

I can't even fathom how you save 600 without monklike patience and devotion to the onion knight.

Well 3000 was gems I bought for my birthday some time ago :D. But other than that was mythril. I've had these building up for some time now. I also mostly skip lucky draws that don't filter out the garbage so that helped my accumulation.

That's more than I wanted to spend on this banner though and that last pull was my last one regardless of whether I got the bracer or not. Next pull will probably be on OSB-fest if that. Or the XIV thing. I can skip Celerity relic draw now though since I have Vaan's BSB.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Nov 25, 2016

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

I got....zues mace?

Useful for the curada nightmare at least, and at least it's not a tiny bee

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Koobes posted:

I got....zues mace?

Useful for the curada nightmare at least, and at least it's not a tiny bee
Penelo's BSB has a spammable medica command, it's Good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Now that's a dick move, game. Full priced lucky draw after I blow my build-up 50 mythril on OK's glove banner.

Will I get 50 mythril before it closes or...?

• Locked thread