Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

BigRed0427 posted:

Saturday nights works to..

OHH! How about a gang tag for us? I'm thinking making it look like a flight patch "S.O.L Mk II" Or Mk 3 if we want to count the SOL from the KTMA season.

The Forrester Family Crest, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I was really hoping we might at least get the new opening.

Gonna be so different to not having Mike singing the theme.

Is anyone on the new cast/crew a decent singer?

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Is anyone on the new cast/crew a decent singer?

https://youtu.be/wJp9rSbAx1Q

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Timby posted:

The entire list leaked a while ago, verified as accurate by kiimo (who works in the industry).

Reptilicus
Cry Wilderness
Time Travelers
Avalanche
The Beast of Hollow Mountain
Starcrash
The Land That Time Forgot
Hercules
Yongary
Wizards 1
Wizards 2
Carnival Magic
The Christmas That Almost Wasn’t
At the Earth’s Core

Makes sense as a lot of those, if not all, are owned by MGM, which now exists mostly to licence out the old catalog and has a great relationship with Shout.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

:colbert: I said the new crew, we already know Tom Servo can sing.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Timby posted:

The entire list leaked a while ago, verified as accurate by kiimo (who works in the industry).

Reptilicus
Cry Wilderness
Time Travelers
Avalanche
Starcrash
Hercules
Yongary
Wizards 1
Wizards 2
Carnival Magic
At the Earth’s Core

Looks like a great list. Especially looking forward to Reptilicus, Hollow Mountain, Land that Time Forgot, and Yongary -- I love dinosaur/monster movies.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HannibalBarca posted:

Looks like a great list. Especially looking forward to Reptilicus, Hollow Mountain, Land that Time Forgot, and Yongary -- I love dinosaur/monster movies.

It's a really solid list with at least half the season being gold with two Luigi Cozzi films. At least I'm pretty sure it's the Lou Feringo Herc movie.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I've been putting together a big master list of all the MST3K episodes and where they're legally/officially available. Just wondering if there's any place I'm missing:

- DVD
- MST3K YouTube channel
- Hulu
- Amazon streaming
- RiffTrax
- Shout Factory

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm going to be legitimately stunned if they don't announce at least some episodes from the older seasons on Netflix in prep for the new episodes.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gavok posted:

I've been putting together a big master list of all the MST3K episodes and where they're legally/officially available. Just wondering if there's any place I'm missing:

- DVD
- MST3K YouTube channel
- Hulu
- Amazon streaming
- RiffTrax
- Shout Factory

Vimeo

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Gavok posted:

- DVD
- MST3K YouTube channel
- Hulu
- Amazon streaming
- RiffTrax
- Shout Factory

http://mst3k.vhx.tv - I only know this one because it's the distribution channel they're using for the Kickstarter reward downloads, but you can also buy episodes here even if you didn't back the Kickstarter.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Timby posted:

Reptilicus
Cry Wilderness
Time Travelers
Avalanche
Starcrash
Hercules
Yongary
Wizards 1
Wizards 2
Carnival Magic
At the Earth’s Core

Yay! A bunch of Doug McClure's Edgar Rice Burroughs movies! And Starcrash which is basically the single film I want to see on MST3K the most!

Well What Now fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 25, 2016

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Gavok posted:

- DVD
- MST3K YouTube channel
- Hulu
- Amazon streaming
- RiffTrax
- Shout Factory

iTunes, and does Netflix still have some up? I know they did years ago.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

BigRed0427 posted:

iTunes, and does Netflix still have some up? I know they did years ago.

Netflix does not currently have any of the original episodes available for streaming. You can get some on DVD if you really want to.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Carnival Magic is gonna be the new show's Manos. It's so baffling.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Check your VHX accounts, folks. The missing episodes are up!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Check your VHX accounts, folks. The missing episodes are up!

:stare:

Never thought that was happening.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
:neckbeard:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

MazelTovCocktail posted:

:stare:

Never thought that was happening.

Joel hinted at it in a Kickstarter update, but it was for reaching a donation goal, I think.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Joel hinted at it in a Kickstarter update, but it was for reaching a donation goal, I think.

In the update about it today, he says that they thought they'd tracked down the master tapes during the Kickstarter (hence the hints), but then it turned out they hadn't and he'd gotten a little ahead of himself.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Are they just the host segments? Or full episodes?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Burkion posted:

Are they just the host segments? Or full episodes?

The whole drat thing for both.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Jack Gladney posted:

The whole drat thing for both.

They didn't leave anything out.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

What are they, the KTMA season?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

BigRed0427 posted:

What are they, the KTMA season?

Two of the KTMA episodes that never made their way into the tape-trading circuit, Revenge of the Mysterons from Mars and Invaders from the Deep--both supermarionation hell-watches.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
oh my god this is bliss this is wonderful I love everything about this

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Yeah, I had figured there were rights issues or tape quality ones.

That said this is some REEEAALLLLY rough going. Joel and others have never beaten around the bush or anything. So I recommend settling in with some beers or Yukon Jack. It's still great to see as a historical document to borrow from Joel and kind of makes up for the rather slim intro segments on Turkey Day. That said I understand why they had to do that.

Also MST3K Trading Cards are coming

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I'm real happy two lost KTMA episodes are available at long last because found lost media is rad as hell. Also I will never watch them because that season is horrible.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Republicans posted:

I'm real happy two lost KTMA episodes are available at long last because found lost media is rad as hell. Also I will never watch them because that season is horrible.

Yeah the difference in quality between those and even episodes from Seasons 1 or 2 is enormous. Like they did some of the same Gamera movies on KTMA that they did later for the actual seasons, and it's really obvious how much better they had gotten.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
And yet there are still comedy troupes around the country who try to do "Mystery Science Theater 3000 but unscripted and spontaneous!" like there wasn't a very good reason they started writing.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Also "Invasion of the Neptune Men" was near the bottom of the MST3K rankings. What the gently caress?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I watched through an unreasonable number of the KTMA episodes that were available

Nothing makes season 1 better and funnier than watching a single KTMA episode.

I still cannot wait to watch these because loving christ these are history I love it so much

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Republicans posted:

Also "Invasion of the Neptune Men" was near the bottom of the MST3K rankings. What the gently caress?

Don't forget, there were almost 200 episodes. It was towards the bottom of the top 100.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

I really regret not putting into the Kickstarter :(

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Republicans posted:

I always thought season one was (mostly) bad; until I saw one of the KTMA episodes. But you can see the great thing that did come from them; the seeds of great ideas beginning to form. Especially with even the later KTMA episodes when you can tell that some of them started to watch the films ahead of time and start planning bits out.

I've seen all of the other available KTMA episodes, and I just got done watching the two new ones. If nothing else, they're very watchable movies. Hell, I even got a little caught up in the plot of Revenge. The riffs are not there at all, but hey. And the voice of Crow on EP1 is well worth skimming through just to hear it.

The only KTMA episode I could otherwise watch from start to end was Phase IV, because that movie is great and well worth just watching straight up.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

This is a pretty good top 20 (from the list included in Joel's email)

1. Manos: The Hands of Fate - (424)
2. Space Mutiny - (820)
3. Mitchell - (512)
4. The Final Sacrifice - (910)
5. Pod People - (303)
6. Puma Man - (903)
7. Santa Claus Conquers The Martians - (321)
8. Werewolf - (904)
9. Cave Dwellers - (301)
10. Time Chasers - (821)

11. Overdrawn At The Memory Bank - (822)
12. I Accuse My Parents - (507)
13. Eegah! - (506)
14. Gamera - (302)
15. Prince of Space - (816)
16. Hobgoblins - (907)
17. Laserblast - (706)
18. Soultaker - (1001)
19. Godzilla vs. Megalon - (212)
20. Jack Frost - (813)

I'd swap out Teenagers From Outer Space for Laserblast, because otherwise the High Court may well sentence you to TORCHA!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Will the old eps be available for purchase?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

For an example of how rough these episodes are, in Invaders From the Deep, Joel introduces himself as Joel Hodgson, there isn't anything with the Mads to start and he doesn't even have the bots on stage with him. Also the movie just runs for over 2 minutes before Joel even shows up in the theater.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen
How do I get that VHX account thing to work? I'm sure I gave more than enough but I haven't been following things very closely.

Ignore me I figured it out.

Well What Now fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Nov 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Mister Kingdom posted:

Will the old eps be available for purchase?

You should've joined the Kickstarter :colbert: