Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

widespread posted:

Now that's a dick move, game. Full priced lucky draw after I blow my build-up 50 mythril on OK's glove banner.

Will I get 50 mythril before it closes or...?

You'll get 20 Mythril today from gifts, and then about 13-14 more from logins and gifts before it closes.

If you have over 15 Mythril, you should just be able to make it. Otherwise, it's gems or bust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Penelo's BSB has a spammable medica command, it's Good

But I already have Hamelin :v:

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Only got a Flame Staff from the Black Friday draw, but a 50 pull from OK1 got me Gungnir, Onion Sword and Lust Dagger. I can get back to 50 before the banner runs out but I'm probably better off saving for a future banner than chasing for the Bracers. In addition to those Luneth relics I've already got Serpent's Gale on Faris, Dragon on Cid and Climhazzard and Finishing Touch on Cloud, so I'll be able to run a pretty terrifying wind team. :)

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Got Bartz and Sephiroth BSBs. Neither are duplicates so I can't complain too much. Was hoping for a good one after getting mediocre rolls on OK. Oh well, Bartz is cool

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Got Orichalcum Dirk (x2) and Ninurta on the BSB lucky :woop:

My shout team is loving STACKED now:

Vaan BSB
Auron SSB
Shadow SSB/Agrias SB depending on whether I need more mitigation or more damages
Ramza SSB
Eiko BSB

Ketsuo
Jul 17, 2003
Caution to avoid damaging game info saved, hold in reset button as you turn power off.
Pulled Bartz and Balthier's BSBs, neither were dupes. Remind me if Balthier's is good?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

He used to be ranked highly last year due to his gear access and skillset, his imperil fire is the only decent SB he has access to. His BSB is a complete turkey, but hey it's synergy.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

its basically an alternate Cloud BSB, its alright, but by no means a gamechanger.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Balthier himself is still a really solid character, in terms of gear and skill access. That's always a plus.

Rynyin
Feb 10, 2006

H.Y.C.Y.BH?

6/11!

Noel, Vanille, Firion, Minwu, Bartz and Rikku. No dupes!

Feels pretty good after going 3/33 on OK (Ingus' shield and both of Arc's SSB)

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Saved up 150 Mythril and waited for the lucky banner before pulling.

Lucky banner got me Noel and Balthier. Not the best, but no complaints. Noel is basically redundant since I have Faris BSB, so I can swap someone in to actually gain exp. Balthier is great because I have his imperil fire to stack up with it.

Time to drop 100 blue hexagons on the OK banner. 1st pull: four rainbows! Luneth dagger, Arc Robes, Arc staff and Ingus shield. Darn, no BSB or Onion gear. 2nd pull: four rainbows again! Luneth dagger, Arc robes, Onion bracers AND Luneth spear! That's an amazing pull!

4 new BSBs, with one of them being meta-defining. Today was a good day.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
Second 11 pull on onion...

Fourth lust dagger and an off banner crystal mail VI :v:

Frustration hail mary single netted me Arc's Elder rod, so that's 6/24, which isn't too bad at all if you exclude the four dupes.

All up, fixed III synergy and a new healer burst, not a bad 150 spent.

Inge fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Nov 25, 2016

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
First time since guaranteed 5* got introduced that I only got one.

Yeah Jecht is the best but where can I fit Jecht on an FFX team?

Inge
Jan 16, 2007

Armitage posted:

First time since guaranteed 5* got introduced that I only got one.

Yeah Jecht is the best but where can I fit Jecht on an FFX team?

Anywhere. Dark bargain, meteor crush, kill all things

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Well, this was the best pull I've had in a long time.

Nothing top tier or anything, but I'm not going to complain about going from 1 BSB relic to 5 in 50 mythril. These were all realms I needed synergy in too, besides VII lol. Now to roll the dice on OK I guess, wish me more luck...

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I got a second Keepers Tome, and nothing else. Come on, man! Of all the weapons to dupe!?
Getting buckets of mythril definitely helps lessen the sting, though.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Black Friday Report (2/11): Minwu's Stardust Rod and Garnet's Dagger of Resolve.

Along with Terra's Stardust Rod, I think my BSBs are picking up a theme.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
First pull: Elder Staff, Gungnir, and Lust Dagger. That takes care of my III synergy pretty well, should I keep going with 3 dupes or just hold out for a festival banner?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

21 mythril upon logging in today :stare:

e: hold out my man, rule of thumb for me is more than 2 dupes on a banner = don't pull unless the quality is primo

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Nov 25, 2016

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I got an Overture (meh) and a Lightbringer. No, not the one you were thinking of - the Beatrix one.

Maria's wouldn't jam that well with Vessel of Fate and I have that so :v: I guess

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Pulled Vaan and Squall from the BSB pot. Vaan seems popular, but I'm not sure how to fit it into my team. Between Faris and Vaan I have pretty much every breakdown a physical team could want though :v:

Just a shame none of my buff SBs do double duty!

Edit: Considering Vaan/Quina/Faris/Aerith/Paine

It means I'm using neither of my OSBs, but I have 50% ATK, Medica, all the breakdowns and haste with that setup. Tidus or Cloud would mean more frontloaded damage, but Vaan also gives me additional armour debuffing.

The issue is I also pulled Luneth's BSB and OK's Sword. I don't know what to do!

Wilekat fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Nov 25, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

My roll was 3/11, that's good! I got two dupes. That's bad.

That said, First Fusion, Lightbringer VI, and Wizer Rod is an incredibly good pull, and that means I have two 6* BSB weapons in FF7 and a 6* Lightbringer. (The non-dupe BSB was Aerith's, but I got a dupe of Seph's on the last dungeon lucky draw)

Can't complain at all.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Got Celes' and Firion's BSBs from the Black Friday Banner. Certainly makes up for the off banner Assassin's Dagger (VI) that I pulled from OK1.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Lucky pull got me BSB's for Minwu, Vaan, Balthier, and Vivi. Not too shabby. Definitely shoring up my synergy, and that Vivi BSB will be fun to pair up with OK's gauntlets and Balthier's fire imperil (from different banner).

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
21 login mythril. So goood.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

So... is Auron's burst any good?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Alxprit posted:

It's apparently pretty great but I couldn't tell you why

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
I ended up with BSBs for Squall and Tyro. I already use Tyro in my party but he carries SG for me. At least it'll be more stats for me.

Now that I have OKs BSB what would be a good RW to carry? I've been taking Shout up until this point but there must be a better boostga to stack since doubling up on haste would be pointless.

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

4/11 on my draw, got myself BSBs for Vanille, Terra, Ramza and a dupe of Squall's, which is fine since I needed more 8 synergy. I'm pretty happy with how things went.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Alxprit posted:

Its real good consistent aoe between the cast and command 2

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Well poo poo, I guess I can't gripe about Global anymore.

loving 4/11 for Celes' Lightbringer, Vivi's Flame Staff, Garland's Ogrekiller, and Faris' Artemis Bow. :toot:

Have to adjust my plans a little since it was full price, but that's easily enough done.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Got tiny bee......

and LIGHTBRINGER IX :woop: :woop: :woop:

not gonna lie I'm pretty happy about tiny bee, too. I love Yuna, and having someone I can dedicate to summon/holy/non-elemental damage sounds great.

Alxprit posted:

Yes, for the AOE reasons mentioned.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007

Geocities Homepage King posted:

I ended up with BSBs for Squall and Tyro. I already use Tyro in my party but he carries SG for me. At least it'll be more stats for me.

Now that I have OKs BSB what would be a good RW to carry? I've been taking Shout up until this point but there must be a better boostga to stack since doubling up on haste would be pointless.

Porom twin star, if you are going pure DPS physical. Mind/boost/critga. Minds useful for healing and keeping status debuffs a little shorter.

If you ever did pull shout, it stacks with this as well (1.5*1.3*1.3 = 250% attack and a +50% crit rate).

Vaan Ark Blast for magic mitigation.

Minwu / vanille burst 0CT medicas are a great panic button too.

Or, what I do to use tyros burst is RW wall, have tyro pop his BSB first round, which takes care of protect and shell and gives a magic blink. Frees up 2 ability slots on white mages / paladins for better things e.g. draw fire or curada.

Inge fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Nov 25, 2016

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Well, I could always use more AOE. On the not-so-bright side, it was the only thing I got that was of any use; the other was a dupe of Bartz's Ragnarok. The game just LOVES giving me Bartz stuff, it's crazy.

So now I have exactly 100 mythril, and I have to see if it's worth pulling more on OK for the White Mage Robe/Onion Gauntlets, or if it's better saving for another big sink later.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Holy gently caress Vaan's BSB is even better than I thought it would be :circlefap:

I can get over him being a massive dweeby wallflower in XII, this makes everything OK again

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Nov 25, 2016

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Beasteh posted:

Holy gently caress Vaan's BSB is even better than I thought it would be :circlefap:

I can get over him being a massive dweeby wallflower in XII, this makes everything OK again

I can't decide whether Vaan being in XIII with Lightning and friends would have improved it at all. I'm leaning no.

That game could really have used some more of XII's openness though

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Alxprit posted:

It does more than just damage, so it's very solid.

It gives him some very neat stacking damage bonuses from the entry (+Attack, +Res, +Crit), provides a decent self-heal, and then some AoE + Relatiate. It should be very valuable in multi-target fights, at least.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
Looking at Noel since I got his burst and it's pretty funny. He is just so close to being a really good character. Just one more star in thief would do it. A physical character being able to carry protectga/shellga is obviously pretty great but he just can't do anything else like knights can.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
One rainbow.

Tiny Bee.

welp

And full price stinks too, if it had been half price I'd be able to do an another 11 pull on OK 1 or 2 since I desperately need III synergy. But at full price, that's not happening, I only have 9 mythril left.

Guess it's time to start saving for the XIV banner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Starting with the 21 from login today we should just about be able to clear 200 mythril by the time Minfilia 1 drops at the end of next month. Good luck and God speed, gentle goons

• Locked thread