Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Deku should show his rock hard abs and say that's why All Might chose him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Bakugou should become friends with Gran Torino.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i appreciate that a shonen protagonist was told to communicate through his fists and instead of smiling and taking a stance he was just confused as gently caress

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
im still holding out bakugou isnt gonna heel turn and that its Iida whos gonna be the one to go to the villains side

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

drjuggalo posted:

im still holding out bakugou isnt gonna heel turn and that its Iida whos gonna be the one to go to the villains side

What about neither?????

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
if you think Bakugou's gonna ever become a villain then you've fundamentally misunderstood both this scene and his character as a whole!!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I understand why this conversation is happening, there are some very obvious surface parallels between this scene and the Sasuke defection sequence from early Naruto, but I'm not really concerned about him actually defecting. He showed he was better than that, at least, when he told the Villian Alliance to gently caress off when he was kidnapped.

His hurdle isn't avoiding becoming a villain, it's avoiding becoming the next Endeavor.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
get over it dudes. bakugo is now sasuke

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Bakusuke

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Bakugou is not Sasuke and that's why Bakugou is cool as gently caress

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
My Hero Sasuke: Nobody is All Might

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

drjuggalo posted:

neither of them will heel turn

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Mordaedil posted:

My Hero Sasuke: Nobody is All Might

Too soon, man. Too soon.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
bakugou is just a retard who doesn't understand compassion and human interaction like Cutie Pie Midorya Deku

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
bakugou owns and is really cool and is already growing up into an awesome hero & rival for deku

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

My Hero Academia: We gotta Sasuke

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I was sasuke all along

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
deku's mom is the best character

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Manatee Cannon posted:

I was sasuke all along

brave.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Perhaps we're all Sasuke in our own way.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

tweet my meat posted:

And that's Sasu-ok.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

tweet my meat posted:

The ladies do inexplicably love me. Also I do need to make a doctor's appointment for my eye.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

My hero academia- Of Sasuke's and Sue's

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
My Hero Academia: You Never Go Full Sasuke

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
My Hero Academia: 'Member Sasuke?

or

My Hero Academia: Nerds Fighting

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
This manga is good and I am excited for next week

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I can't wait for Ojiro to defect and become a villain.

JimmyT64
Oct 27, 2007
I'm Special!

Countblanc posted:

I can't wait for Deku to defect and become a villain.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Countblanc posted:

I can't wait for Ochako to defect and become a villain.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

eonwe posted:

deku's mom is the best character

:yeah:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Deku's mom is the real All for One and just passed on a bunch of powers to faceless guy to make it appear like it was him.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
My Hero Academia: :goku:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The first chapter of Todoroki versus Deku was great but I'm anticipating a won for Todoroki after he uses his left side. Then maybe All Might saves Deku.

e: I'm very excited for Bakugo versus Kirishima too.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Honestly, my worry is that Bakugou's "I admire the way All Might looks when he wins" is going to collapse now that All Might is a stickman all the time, and that's going to put him on the road to villainy.

I don't believe it'll be like that -- Horikoshi is a pretty good shounen writer who's managed to create a legitimately unpredictable plot -- but there's always that festering doubt.

Poltergrift fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Nov 26, 2016

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Poltergrift posted:

Honestly, my worry is that Bakugou's "I admire the way All Might looks when he wins" is going to collapse now that All Might is a stickman all the time, and that's going to put him on the road to villainy.

I don't believe it'll be like that -- Horikoshi is a pretty good shounen writer who's managed to create a legitimately unpredictable plot -- but there's always that festering doubt.
My concern, as I mentioned earlier, isn't a potential descent into villainy so much that Bakugou gets so absorbed in his philosophy of "winning and being the best are the only important things" that he loses track of what real heroism is, much like Endeavor.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

my hero macadamia

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Now, if Bakugou becomes the leader of the heroes and Deku has to lead a ragtag group of rebels labelled villains by society...

Jintor
May 19, 2014

Oxxidation posted:

And that's Sasu-ok.

ow

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

That pun was All Right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fluffykittys
Aug 22, 2016

I can't hear you over the sound of me licking my own anus.
Bakugo will become so obsessed with beating Deku that he will fight him so much that when Deku really becomes a hero, his greatest hindrance will be protecting/fighting off Bakugo constantly. He will have a harder time saving other people because he has to fight off Bakugo at the same time that he is saving civilians.