Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

I arrived home to find a box from Amazon. My first thought was, "What did I order now?"

Then my kid demolished the box like some sort of viking. Luckily I had a chance to extract the contents while he popped the bubble wrap.

Thanks Santa, seriously dude (or dudette), this was an awesome and very thoughtful gift.

And the dogs love it too.

Now I can learn all about the BT-7's I send to their deaths on paper and on pixel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Felime posted:

Participated last year, and it was much fun. Hopefully aldantefax enjoyed his teas and taped together box of obscure 80s vintage RPG!

aye, it was a good gift

I HAVE RECEIVED A GIFT

something was inside of someone and the other gift was rubbed in shrimp juice (so the gift wrapping says). I will take pictures as soon as I get some gloves and goggles

The worst submarine
Apr 26, 2010

Leperflesh, you should answer my email if you can! :)

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Oh poo poo, is that a package waiting for me? It is! And what's inside?

Awwww yeah, it's motherfuckin Galaxy Trucker. Another Vlaada Chvatil game I can check off my list. Thank you Secret Santa...but we're not done yet! The kind soul who gave me the gift of the world's most scientifically accurate galaxy trucking boardgame declined to indicate who they were, so whoever sent me this you can either speak up in the thread, PM me, or email Leperflesh and inform one of us how much this cost you, whereupon I will make an equal amount donation to the charity of your choice in your name. If you don't want to discuss prices then at least tell me which charity you'd like to receive a donation and I will make a $30 donation to them instead.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

It's cold, time to take out the trash. May as well go get the mail. Oh, some Amazon packages. Perhaps clothes or a magnet?

Eh, it's just another cat.

Wait, there's something else. Behind the cat.

Ho ho! Time to Thompson the Watergate with the Greys!

These fared much better than I would've expected, being crammed in my apartment's tiny mailbox.

Thanks, Lech!

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Kai Tave posted:

Oh poo poo, is that a package waiting for me? It is! And what's inside?

Awwww yeah, it's motherfuckin Galaxy Trucker. Another Vlaada Chvatil game I can check off my list. Thank you Secret Santa...but we're not done yet! The kind soul who gave me the gift of the world's most scientifically accurate galaxy trucking boardgame declined to indicate who they were, so whoever sent me this you can either speak up in the thread, PM me, or email Leperflesh and inform one of us how much this cost you, whereupon I will make an equal amount donation to the charity of your choice in your name. If you don't want to discuss prices then at least tell me which charity you'd like to receive a donation and I will make a $30 donation to them instead.

Hahahaha! Hope you enjoy it. Doctors Without Borders is my charity of choice, if you are so generously inclined; it was 43$ on Amazon.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
What have we here?

Mythos horror by Ken Hite?! What monster would have inflicted me with this much excellent material?!

Cascade Jones
Jun 6, 2015

Yooper posted:

I arrived home to find a box from Amazon. My first thought was, "What did I order now?"

Thanks Santa, seriously dude (or dudette), this was an awesome and very thoughtful gift.

Hey, glad you liked it; I had a blast getting it all picked out! Wanted to make sure all the bases were covered.

(Also those are seriously cute dogs)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I believe I have replied or handled all emails sent to me! I probably won't catch up with this thread till Friday, depending on how severe the turkey coma is.

For those of you in the relevant nations, happy thanksgiving! I am thankful for all of you cool goons and your generosity and sense of fun. Warms my cockles, it does.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

LeSquide posted:

Hahahaha! Hope you enjoy it. Doctors Without Borders is my charity of choice, if you are so generously inclined; it was 43$ on Amazon.

The pact is sealed!

The worst submarine
Apr 26, 2010

Order placed, the gift should arrive in a small while.

But wait, something in the mail? For me?!

Thanks Cotton Candidasis, I've been looking for a good excuse to try an RPG. Oh and 7Wonders is good too!

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Cascade Jones posted:

Hey, glad you liked it; I had a blast getting it all picked out! Wanted to make sure all the bases were covered.

(Also those are seriously cute dogs)

Thanks dude! Everything turned out awesome. I organized Dominion earlier and hopefully I'll get in a game tonight.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Got a package from a Secret Santa yesterday. Gonna open it today and grab pictures. Really excited about this one.

Also I bought a TON of stuff for my santee, really excited about getting it to them. Just gotta fill the box with extra stuff so the whatsit doesn't get damaged.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
I didn't even think about taking pictures before I headed home for Thanksgiving. I'll try to get pictures up when I get home. The last bit for my giftee's stuff should arrive by then too.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
Got word that there's a parcel waiting for me at my parents' house. I'm guessing it's from this thread, looking forward to opening it when I'm back at the weekend :)

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

The worst submarine posted:

Order placed, the gift should arrive in a small while.

But wait, something in the mail? For me?!

Thanks Cotton Candidasis, I've been looking for a good excuse to try an RPG. Oh and 7Wonders is good too!

Glad you liked them! I didn't see 7 Wonders on your bgg list, so I guessed that you didn't have it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mantic is having a Black Friday sale starting at 10 AM UK time - about three hours from this post, if I did my time zone math right.

quote:

Throughout the day, we'll be adding a Black Friday deal to the website every hour between 10am and midnight (UK time).

Keep coming back to check the latest offer and grab a great product at a great price before they sell out. All deals are first come first served and quantities are limited!

quote:

These deals will be very limited, so you’ll have to be quick if you want to pick up something special, like a Lower Abyssal Horde for £17.99 (RRP £29.99) or a Grubatek Coliseum Deluxe Dreadball pitch for £9.99 (RRP £19.99). That's only a taste of what we've got lined up!
Plus, as a special treat at some point during the day we’ll have a couple of incredible surprises at even more incredible prices, so you’ll need to bookmark the Black Friday page and check throughout the day.
Mantic Crazy Box 2016
Mantic Games Announces the Crazy Box 2016
We're working with the world famous Crazy Bobby on this year's Crazy Box.
After striking up a deal with renowned Crazy Box expert, Crazy Bobby of Crazy Bobby’s Crazy Box Boutique, we’re delighted to announce that this year’s Crazy Boxes are going to be the craziest ever.

Available in two flavours (Fantasy and Sci-fi) the Crazy Box will contain more than £50 worth of fantastic Mantic products for the great value price of just £24.99.

However, as if that wasn’t already exciting enough, 50% of the Crazy Boxes will contain special bonus items. To guarantee you’ll get an upgraded box, you can get the Crazy Box Bundle, which features a Fantasy box and a Sci-Fi box for £49.99.
The Crazy Box 2016 will be available to order from tomorrow or you can pick one up from the Mantic Open Day this Saturday. Stock will be limited so buy your ticket in advance to avoid disappointment.

Please go ahead and post any other Black Friday trad games-related deals you see popping up this weekend; a lot of TGSS goons haven't made their purchases yet, so it's a good opportunity to find some deals.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Nov 25, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Miniature Market is having a Thanksgiving weekend sale: http://www.miniaturemarket.com/searchresults?q=thanksgiving+sale

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Gift Sent!

WereJace
May 16, 2006

Beast Wars
Gift wrangling is underway!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK, gift has been purchased and should be getting sent out next week once I've found a box to ship it in :)

A note for my Santa, I am off work next week so don't worry too much if I don't post about receiving anything til the week after (if it's been sent out already anyway).

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Are we still in the first lightning round? Sign me up!

Here's a link to my original post. :)

PS: my main round gift will ship on Tuesday, so no worries, Santee!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Woo payday, I can finally launch my gift into the ether!

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

I just realized I didn't post pictures yet! :ohdear:

No pictures of the outside of the box or of cats sniffing and rubbing against the box this year... too excited to open it!

Amazon upped their gift wrap game this year... I put this bag on a cat, no worries.

Thanks, Santa!! I can't wait to play as a magician saving the world from madness and insanity... :allears:

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Pretty goddamn good, Mr. Santa. Literally a perfect gift, and one I wouldn't have ever gotten myself. I'm already looking forward to reading through the rules here and maybe pulling them into some game play!

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

Pretty goddamn good, Mr. Santa. Literally a perfect gift, and one I wouldn't have ever gotten myself. I'm already looking forward to reading through the rules here and maybe pulling them into some game play!

Yay! I was a little afraid that it was too similar to the manuals you have so far...but then I realized all of those manuals were updates on previous ones so how about the newest one I could find!

For what it's worth, I was a smidge under $30 with that. There's a few Battletech kindle novels I found, so if you own a kindle I can purchase one of those for you as well.

Cascade Jones
Jun 6, 2015
THANKS SANTA! I mean look at this!

Came home from Thanksgiving with the family to a wonderful package on the doorstep:

Here's some close ups of each item:

Hell yeah Assault Lance! I have the Intro box and Pursuit Lance for Battletech, so this fits in soooo nice.

Blue Sun expansion for the Firefly game. Very nice; map expansion and gorram Reavers!

And the Breakin' Atmo deck expansion, for new jobs and supplies. Awesome!

Thanks again, Santa! This is absolutely perfect!

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Two Battletech posts in a row make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :kimchi:

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Krysmphoenix posted:

Yay! I was a little afraid that it was too similar to the manuals you have so far...but then I realized all of those manuals were updates on previous ones so how about the newest one I could find!

For what it's worth, I was a smidge under $30 with that. There's a few Battletech kindle novels I found, so if you own a kindle I can purchase one of those for you as well.

That's more than enough for one Secret Santa, if you feel like making up the difference do a quick donation to your favorite charity. I feel like I need to read through everything I've currently got!

Drone posted:

Two Battletech posts in a row make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :kimchi:

I wonder if there'd be interest in a goon group to do some MegaMek stuff. That's most of the playing I do nowadays.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

I wonder if there'd be interest in a goon group to do some MegaMek stuff. That's most of the playing I do nowadays.

#megamek on synIRC :ssh:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
There is only one downside to Secret Santa Season. I live in perpetual fear of jumping on any Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Yay! a double helping of fun. My Santa sent me a lovely gift (after DTRPG jacked it up), accompanied by this enticing card:

The aforementioned gift was an electronic copy of this gem of a game:

Which I look forward to savoring and perhaps running if I can find any players.

Thanks, Secret Santa!

Also, I've just received notice that the gift for my santee has shipped, so hopefully that will arrive sometime early next week, USPS willing. :)

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
Hmm it looks like santa left some things behind! Will rectify asap

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Santa's good pal Amazon had some really drat good deals today so he could stuff something extra in the package, hurray! GIFT DEPLOYED. And should be two-day shipping, thanks to Prime.

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

I just posted someone a dong! Well, it may not have been a dong. Maybe it was a pair of Birkenstocks instead. But I definitely posted someone something. Hope you like it!

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

No Pun Intended posted:

Hmm it looks like santa left some things behind! Will rectify asap

Rectified! My santee now has more gifts under their tree.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Gift deployed!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Gift received! Some kind soul gifted me a set of silky-smooth Vallejo airbrush paints. Who do I have to thank for this generous display?

The worst submarine
Apr 26, 2010

Gift has been shipped out! Onward!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Thanks to Goon Santa for the very thoughtful trio of board games!

These were accompanied by the following funny gift notes (frogs added for emphasis):

quote:

Hey! Mikey Purp! I hope your Christmas...:frogc00l:Carcassowns!:frogc00l:

quote:

Yo, Mikey Purp! Have an...:frogc00l:ultimate Christmas!:frogc00l:

And my personal favorite:

quote:

Hello, Mikey Purp. Here is a third gift.

Thanks again! These three games are a perfect foundation for my growing collection.

• Locked thread