Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Looking at Noel since I got his burst and it's pretty funny. He is just so close to being a really good character. Just one more star in thief would do it. A physical character being able to carry protectga/shellga is obviously pretty great but he just can't do anything else like knights can.

You can dive him for it, but he won't have the speed for 5 hits without Burst. Also loses out on Mug Bloodlust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

One rainbow. Cloud's thing.

I shouldn't really bitch because it's not a second Keeper's Tome but I'm still managing to be disappointed that a banner with potential to change my game... really didn't.

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!
This game really wants me to use white mages and also Auron. I have a ton of white mage SSBs and also Eiko's BSB already, and I got Minwu's today. I had Auron's Banishing Blade and got his burst in this pull, which seems like a good combo. Those are my first two AoE bursts in one pull, and also my only sources of AoE soul break damage other than Grand Cross. Feeling pretty good, especially after whiffing pretty hard on the OK stuff.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Looking at Noel since I got his burst and it's pretty funny. He is just so close to being a really good character. Just one more star in thief would do it. A physical character being able to carry protectga/shellga is obviously pretty great but he just can't do anything else like knights can.

He can dive Thief 5*, for what it's worth.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
I just got bartz' and garland's bsb! I wasn't expecting the latter, but the prior is more than welcome. I suppose I'll have to hone sanguine cross or something now though.

Since the ff grandmasters event probably won't happen, and the ffxi draws aren't coming, maybe I should splurge on an onion knight draw. I don't want to use onion night, since I have tyro and his sg as my catch all do all character already. I'll just have to see what the other banner brings first before drawing.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

2 11 pulls on Onion Knight got me 2 of Ingus's shield and 1 of Arcs not good rod (the non medica ssb). Lucky pull gave me a first fusion sword. Why must you punish me for 100 gem pulling Cecil's sword, game?

I'll have 50 mythril tomorrow, do I pull again on Onion Knight to try to get at least one FF3 weapon?

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

ApplesandOranges posted:

You can dive him for it, but he won't have the speed for 5 hits without Burst. Also loses out on Mug Bloodlust.

Thanks, that's good to know, Thief's Revenge plus Shellga/protectga isn't a bad loadout and I'll be having haste up for anything important anyway so he will get his five hits in. It at least opens up some options for using him. Still, having to dive for it is a pretty big investment.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
Huh, no Onionmet and Gungnir on the banner and full price. This is truly the worst possible version of the banner ahahahaha like I'm not going to instantly draw on it anyways and then draw on Onion immediately after.

Very solid results too; 2/11 Ninmurta/Oversoul and 4/11 two Heroic Shields, a White Mage Robe(!) and an Onion Sword(!!!).

I wasn't drawing for the Gauntlets-or rather, I adamantly refuse to draw on a banner for Bursts-and drawing on Onion again would now be drawing... preeeeettty much solely for the bursts with my two Lust Daggers already in the inventory. I'm still building up my Onion, but I'm gonna have to wave the really strong option bye bye for now, sadly.

hee those are actually two of my favorite bursts like I'm not happy as gently caress this morning

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Holy balls, I went 5/11! With no dupes! And they're all pretty great in context! Minwu, Squall, Zidane, Eiko, and Auron. Normally Squall's would be pretty meh out of a group like this, but Zidane's wind imperil helps it out somewhat and VIII synergy is always good. If I had to complain about something, it'd be that I already had relics for Minwu, Zidane, and Eiko, and noone else in IX can use Eiko's flutes.

I'm honestly a little disgusted with myself for how good this pull was.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Lucky: dupe Tifa BSB. More like unlucky!
Three pulls on OK banner so far: 2x Onion Sword, Luneth BSB and SSB, Arc both SSBs, Ingus shield, off-banner X light armor. Maybe one more pull before the banner goes away...

Grozz Nuy posted:

Nothing top tier or anything
As has been talked about, Sephiroth's BSB goes up in value as harder difficulties get added to the game because of the DEF-ignoring command

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

UHD posted:

One rainbow. Cloud's thing.

I shouldn't really bitch because it's not a second Keeper's Tome but I'm still managing to be disappointed that a banner with potential to change my game... really didn't.

It's alright, let yourself be. Disappointed, I mean. I have Fenrir Overdrive and it's just really underwhelming. My ratty BSBs are Fenrir Overdrive, Lion's Roar and Blood of Espers and of these three, Fenrir Overdrive is easily my biggest disappointment. I at least managed to have fun with Blood of Espers when it was new and used it to get 40k Burst commands on the Ultima Nightmare boss and though I got Lion's Roar from the Keeper Selection 2 banner and it was well overshadowed by then, it at least hits elemental weaknesses. Fenrir Overdrive, meanwhile, has always felt like a letdown whenever I've used it, and I've had it for months.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Attestant posted:

He can dive Thief 5*, for what it's worth.

But he'll never have enough speed for 5 hit TR. Even with Burst mode.

(Maybe at level 99? But he still doesn't have an MC3 in JP I don't think, sooooo.....)

Diving Noel for Thief 5 is a trap.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Thanks, that's good to know, Thief's Revenge plus Shellga/protectga isn't a bad loadout and I'll be having haste up for anything important anyway so he will get his five hits in. It at least opens up some options for using him. Still, having to dive for it is a pretty big investment.

Haste doesn't actually boost Speed, so just a warning that it won't do anything for TR.

CaptainPsyko posted:

(Maybe at level 99? But he still doesn't have an MC3 in JP I don't think, sooooo.....)

It still gives him Poison leaf and Dash Bite when we get them.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

CaptainPsyko posted:

ApplesandOranges posted:

Haste doesn't actually boost Speed, so just a warning that it won't do anything for TR.

Whoa, thanks, I had no idea. Welp. Noel is bad.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

ApplesandOranges posted:

It still gives him Poison leaf and Dash Bite when we get them.

Yeah, but burst mode is a 20% stat increase, so that will affect speed. Prior to the release of Vaan's MC3, that was the only way to get him up to 5 hits on Thiefs Revenge. It's still not a good idea to dive Noel, though.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

It's not as good as some of the pulls here, but it's decent considering that these bring me up to three BSBs total and that I could always use more high-stat guns/axes.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Tiny Bee and Locke's BSB, I'm happy with that

3 Pulls on the 3 banner got me 2 Onion Knight swords, 2 Arc Robes, and offset FF7 claws. Is Onion Knight worth taking around in non FF3 scenarios without his BSB if I've already got lots of good poo poo elsewhere? Do I moosh together the robes/swords?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I got a Thief's Knife (VI) and Hunter's Blade (X) from the lucky draw. Lol as if I needed Locke to be more powerful?!? Thanks game

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
One more 11 pull on OK's banner got me my second FF7 shared SB katana :(

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Also Fenrir Overdrive looks really loving stupid (motorcycle kick flips fawk yeaw) and despite being a BSB sword it's not even my highest ATK weapon. Basch's Defender is even higher.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Full price is a bit disappointing. *pulls* ugh no Onion BSB bullshit. I didn't even get any 4-stars

(just kidding)

holy poo poo :stare: no dupes on anything I already owned and I whaled for Firion's and didn't get it. Did I win?

This all synergizes super well with what I already had - I have Locke's EnFire BSB which will go well with Baltier, I have Beatrix's EnHoly to go with Firion, I go heavy into Knight so I have Saints Cross at R3 for Gilgamesh.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Lucky draw gave a singly 5* as I knew it would, got Iga Blade. I can't imagine using that much, if ever, since I have Shout (hail of stones, and tailwind) already but at least it's not a 2nd dagger for Vaan. I guess I can give one of my FF3 robes to Ramza for the holy boost if I'd ever use it in a fight after reapplying Shout in ultimate battles or something. At least it's a holy-emelent BSB even though it's the one I probably wanted the least out of them. I wish I hadn't bothered with the banner though. I'd rather have the 50 mythril back.

Did a 2nd pull on the OK banner and got single 5*'d again, and Luneth's dagger. Down to 21 mythril so I think I'll just write off OK as something that I'm not going to get a BSB/SSB for since if I get back to 50 mythril before it ends I'll just meet disappointment once more.

Glad to see FFRK can be relied upon to give me poo poo-to-mediocre pulls consistently.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

First pull on the OK banner: Onion Sword

Second pull on the OK banner: Onion Gauntlets

Ahahahahaha today is a good day.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
The BSB draw got me BSBs for Rikku and Aeris. I now have 5 of Aeris's 6 total SBs. I'm only missing Dragon Force. It's pretty cool to have so many options, but I'd hate to give up a magic blink medica user to put Aeris on the team.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

bilperkins2 posted:

holy poo poo

Goddamn :stare: I think you won

I think I could gather enough for a 4th pull on OK's banner for a shot at his BSB or Luneth's but I think 3 is enough. Any more than that and I'll probably tilt and I'm a bit annoyed with Tiny Bee and 2x SSBs for the same characters :(

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Nov 25, 2016

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
BSB draw got me Penelo's Intercession and nothing else. It's really rare for me to only get one 5* from any draw, even pre-G5*. That being said, it's pretty strong as well as being my first healer burst and it'll help with my evolving mage meta. I cannot possibly have better Shout team relics so from this point on I'm going mage.

Then I pulled my first pull on OK 1. Only one rainbow orb again! But it turned out to be OK's gauntlets so I'm good again!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Spent another 50 on OK's banner, got dupe Heroic Shield and dupe Onion Sword.

When is the next re-appearance of Onion Gauntlets? Is it OSB-Fest? I'm having a hard time justifying chasing any more right now considering I have four weapons and a couple of shields for FF3.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

bilperkins2 posted:

Full price is a bit disappointing. *pulls* ugh no Onion BSB bullshit. I didn't even get any 4-stars

(just kidding)

holy poo poo :stare: no dupes on anything I already owned and I whaled for Firion's and didn't get it. Did I win?

i think you crushed my soul, and I was and am still happy with my draw, so yes, you win.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Got Noel's BSB. Already have Faris's BSB. Not sure if that counts as a dupe or not, but hey, if nothing else it's a Support BSB for XIII content. Plus it's a stronger sword than my other XIII 5* sword, so I can't complain too much.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

IllegallySober posted:

Spent another 50 on OK's banner, got dupe Heroic Shield and dupe Onion Sword.

When is the next re-appearance of Onion Gauntlets? Is it OSB-Fest? I'm having a hard time justifying chasing any more right now considering I have four weapons and a couple of shields for FF3.

They were specifically *not* on any OSBFest banner. I wouldn't expect us to see them there, either. First recurrence was on the Orthros Selection anniversary banner, which is quite a while to go. I would expect to see them show up somewhere during the Anniversary for sure.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

:swoon:

I finally got Lightbringer.

Might as well try one pull on the OK Banner.

:swoon: :syoon: :swoon:

Yes. Today ia a good day. I don't even care if Maria's Song is redundant with it. I can use both because I gor the Onion Sword from the dollar pull.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Getting all these relics that might be good when I'd just settled on an A-team that made me content is super frustrating :argh:

I'm spoiled.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

They were specifically *not* on any OSBFest banner. I wouldn't expect us to see them there, either. First recurrence was on the Orthros Selection anniversary banner, which is quite a while to go. I would expect to see them show up somewhere during the Anniversary for sure.

Darn. :(

Thanks for the info. I'll wait a little while and see.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

bilperkins2 posted:

(just kidding)

This all synergizes super well with what I already had - I have Locke's EnFire BSB which will go well with Baltier, I have Beatrix's EnHoly to go with Firion, I go heavy into Knight so I have Saints Cross at R3 for Gilgamesh.

I won't sugarcoat my envy so yes, you won.

Also, keep in mind that with Eiko's BSB you'd do well running a Physical team with any of those synergies...

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

IllegallySober posted:

Darn. :(

Thanks for the info. I'll wait a little while and see.

:(:respek::(

I mean, Vessel of Fate is not something I needed. I have Shout and Sheepsong but dammit I want to shake up my A-Team abloobloo :qq:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

E: huh

Sesquiculus
Aug 15, 2002

Lucky draw only got me a dupe of Iga Blade, which I never use anyway.

But then I went 3/33 on the Onion banner and got some off-banner Esthar Bracers, the Onion Gauntlets, and the Onion Sword. Yeah, I'm pretty happy with that.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

So okay, goons, I got 30 mythril left. A fourth ragepull on OK banner for Luneth or OK's BSB--do it or just accept what I got?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Accept your fate, friendly reminder to never ever chase specific relics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

I say acceptance is the final stage of grief.

'sides, you can always pull on Alphinaud "Deployment Tactics is loving overpowered and probably not the best thing on there" 1 more times if you save Mythril.

I'm reminding myself of this every two minutes or so right now. That, and how happy I am to at least have the token sword, so I can use the Onion Knight, even if he's not the OP god of destruction he deserves to be.

• Locked thread