Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Clawtopsy posted:

Goddamn, Bendydick just cleared a stage 9 Rumble without breaking a sweat at 5/3 50

I don't know who that is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theghostpt
Sep 1, 2009

fart simpson posted:

I don't know who that is

I think he means sherlock

e: or not apparently :D

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

theghostpt fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Nov 25, 2016

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Benecio del Toro. AKA the Wolfman. AKA War Wolf. Duh.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
it's cucumberpatch

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Is Clea worth using a Mega T2 ticket on? Her bios are annoying to get but how good is she at T2?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

Is Clea worth using a Mega T2 ticket on? Her bios are annoying to get but how good is she at T2?

I think consensus is that she's worth a mega rankup since her bios are such a pain to nab (at least that's what I did so cool kids should follow in kind :colbert:), but I dunno if there's a consensus for T2, simply because no one's been able to farm enough bios to get her to that level.

So, wanna be a pioneer?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Clea's only goodish at T1. She doesn't really fill any niches, and is super fragile for PvP purposes. I'd pass.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
oh gently caress you

e: Which ISO set should I put on T2 Blackagargoon?

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Nov 25, 2016

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Adult Sword Owner posted:

e: Which ISO set should I put on T2 Blackagargoon?

Power of Angry Hulk or Overdrive. I've got Hawkseye on mine, because he needs more damage. His damage is super low for a T2. I've even got a crit damage + 110% dmg boost proc and he's still super low on damage output.

Clawtopsy posted:

Clea's only goodish at T1. She doesn't really fill any niches, and is super fragile for PvP purposes. I'd pass.

I don't give a gently caress about PVP, how is she in Shadowlands?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

PaybackJack posted:

Power of Angry Hulk or Overdrive. I've got Hawkseye on mine, because he needs more damage. His damage is super low for a T2. I've even got a crit damage + 110% dmg boost proc and he's still super low on damage output.

But he has the survivability at T2, then? Sounds good to me

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

He does have 1 second where he is open to damage if you use his moves right. The best option is damage ISO set and lots more damage everywhere else. He can pour it out.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Well he has no innate heal, but his shout at T2 gives him invulnerability for a few seconds, and his tuning has given a few of his other skills some iframes. I noticed I could set off Rocket's mines with his psycho crusher but not take damage from them, where as I remember using that move previously and getting destroyed which was a reason I'd benched Black Bolt almost as soon as i got him to 6*.

It's disappointing because his big screen should do more damage that just about every attack in the game outside Thanos stuff. I still like Boltagon at T2 but he doesn't feel like he should feel.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

He should do a bit more damage yeah, but he is a very good character still. I place him on the Silk/Ant-Man tier.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Ps: went to Target and got $100 iTunes cards for $80.75. Got a smoking deal going on there just FYI. Hit that New Orleans one up y'all--no lines on the 2nd floor.

Figured I'd let you all know in case you want to catch a plane down to a fantastic Target for this deal and no wait.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Ps: went to Target and got $100 iTunes cards for $80.75. Got a smoking deal going on there just FYI. Hit that New Orleans one up y'all--no lines on the 2nd floor.

Figured I'd let you all know in case you want to catch a plane down to a fantastic Target for this deal and no wait.

Totally on my way bro. It would just be dumb to sleep on a deal like that!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

I don't give a gently caress about PVP, how is she in Shadowlands?

I don't know. Does her T2 give her survivability? If not, she's still a victim to higher levels.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Beat Thanos for the first time, feels good.

(T2 Sharon went off after T2 Fist buttered him up)

Pompadour Diamond
Mar 21, 2013
I've been playing this game for nearly full three weeks now, and this is the track I'm currently on: I've gotten Floki and Thor to six star mastery each and use them as my main bread and butter currently; I only need two more bios for Sharon Roger before I get her to three stars, and from there I plan on using tickets to get her to six star; I've subscribed to premium and am building up Hyperion each day; and I'm trying to do Doctor Strange's epic quest (right now I have 564 norn stones of brilliance out of the 600 needed for Book of Vishanti #2). I've also applied to the Boltagoons alliance.

Am I on a pretty good track so far, or should I make major readjustments?

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Wow I didn't even consider that. That invulnerable skill rocks.

You basically just use her invuln, then when that's about to wear off, use her stun.

Since she doesn't need to poo poo out damage on floor 1, it works fine

fart simpson posted:

PSA: Don't trust this guy.

this is true though, I've gotten owned in rumbles using spider family because Spider-Man's webshot hits like eight times on himself

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I guess the big question I am curious about is should Spider people be rolling ALL ATTACK instead of Phys attack on the slot 1? Since the web is "energy"?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I guess the big question I am curious about is should Spider people be rolling ALL ATTACK instead of Phys attack on the slot 1? Since the web is "energy"?

The answer is you should be rolling all the Spider people to the back of your "give a gently caress" pile since they're all mediocre to bad except for Silk, and I don't know if the powercreep has left her behind or not.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

C. Everett Koop posted:

The answer is you should be rolling all the Spider people to the back of your "give a gently caress" pile since they're all mediocre to bad except for Silk, and I don't know if the powercreep has left her behind or not.

Silk is pretty mediocre now yeah.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

C. Everett Koop posted:

Silk soloed a female only SL 11 stage for me last night so she is still cool and good. I think the main thing to remember is that once you have a big enough roster to 5/5 all the world bosses and don't need healing is to roll attack ISO sets and obelisks on everyone because from my experience so far it's been a lack of damage that has made stages hard.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
As bad as the Sharon Rogers vs Sharon Rogers meta was, they've actually managed to make Timeline worse somehow with the release of Dr Strange. :stare:

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

I don't know. Does her T2 give her survivability? If not, she's still a victim to higher levels.

Not much survivability until they make invisibility do much of anything. Her damage is crazy though and her 5* is pretty good for stunlocking enemies in shadowlands. I'm not disappointed with her T2, but then if someone doesn't already have a bunch of T2s, I'd say there's better choices.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

C. Everett Koop posted:

Let's say, hypothetically, I like really bad things. Banana Juice, Vienna Sausages, Simon Gotch, Spider people, just to name a few of those bad things.

As I line up the guillotine, what's the answer to my original question? This goes for anybody. Just trying to understand what's the verdict here. The Future is scary, cool, good and bad at the same time.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

C. Everett Koop posted:

Except you're wrong? All the spider people(except Superior Spidey) are pretty good at T2 and still fairly solid at T1. They're not top tier but they're nowhere near the bottom.

And no, don't bother rolling specifically for All Attack on Spiders. Even if the attack comes out as energy it still takes damage from your physical stat. The only characters that you "need" just All Attack on are Coulson and Ultron since they're energy characters but their summons are probably physical.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Nov 25, 2016

Network42
Oct 23, 2002

I only have one more day of bio subscription left. How hosed do you think I am?

Network42 fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Nov 25, 2016

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Very.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'd say it's probably 50/50 whether those last 7 upgrades can max you out or not.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

BGrifter posted:

As bad as the Sharon Rogers vs Sharon Rogers meta was, they've actually managed to make Timeline worse somehow with the release of Dr Strange. :stare:

I dunno. I spent about 2 minutes in a TL today laughing my rear end off as 2 stranges sat in each others time stop. Thats hilarious.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Network42 posted:

If I were in your shoes, I would be pulling my hair out and also building a worship temple in my house in hopes that Jesus and his pals are watching from above.

It'll take a minor miracle to max that out.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Network42 posted:

It's not happening.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Network42 posted:

hyperion is sub only too.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Network42 posted:

Not happening :(

Also send me some of that energy holy poo poo

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Seriously, how do you even get that much energy? I would go through that in two days, tops!

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
I had 5k before I used it to farm stones for strange.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Spider-Persons are actually great for their SL niches btw, Spider-Man at T1 is top tier for fighting Rocket if you give him a dodge ignore obelisk. You just web him all the time and he has trouble getting a heal off. Miles at T2 is top tier for punching no-restrictions-villain-bosses like Carnage and Venom.

Webbing people is actually really cool and good and useful, except in the stages where you instantly die from doing it and then scratch your head because never in a million years would it occur to you that webs are energy because it's loving weird and also not documented in-game anywhere. And there's only a couple stages like that.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l
Hoo boy. I have been out for months and months (and I figure probably kicked due to inactivity, too). Logged in today and don't recognize anything going on at all. Is there a post for us lapsed folk to get back on the horse? I have a couple of 6* tickets (and several 5-6* heroes from back when I was playing), but I dropped off right around the time they started introducing World Bosses and Tier 2 characters. Where do I even start?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Depends, how long did you play? Might be better to just start over for the stuff they give new players nowadays.

• Locked thread