Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Josh in Crazy Ex?

Snak posted:

I haven't seen that. I'm sure there are a few other examples. Asian main characters are just incredibly rare in American media, in a way that black characters no longer are.

It's pretty lame.

Watch Crazy Ex Girlfriend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

And watch the songs. Don't be a fuckin animal.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah watch CXG for sure Snak. It rules. The best CW show ever by a factor of a trillion.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The dead celebrity skits on the new Top Gear are the least funniest things I've seen this decade. The whole Jordan segment initially sounded exciting but it's just some fat old dudes running around doing nothing. There's some good stuff in both episodes but I'm beginning to think that Clarkson and crew orchestrated a huge scam on Amazon. The show doesn't look like $160 million IMO.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Nov 25, 2016

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

precision posted:

The credits-scene punchline to "The Getting Ready Song" was loving incredible.

Yeah, that's what sold me on watching all the songs/the format. A lot of them I don't enjoy and none of them do I hum or want on my mp3 list but that one is a great example of a song that's really just a very funny string of jokes delivered with an absurdist technique. They don't all deliver that well but they do enough that I watch them all.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Well it doesn't look like I'll be watching anything until my internet gets fixed. On Tuesday. God, gently caress Mediacom. I always wanted to spend 4 days of thanksgiving break with what might as well be a dial-up connection.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Snak posted:

Well it doesn't look like I'll be watching anything until my internet gets fixed. On Tuesday. God, gently caress Mediacom. I always wanted to spend 4 days of thanksgiving break with what might as well be a dial-up connection.

Just like the pilgrims.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
The pilgrims had religion to entertain themselves.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Snak posted:

The pilgrims had religion to entertain themselves.

I feel like you have a vast misunderstanding of the Puritan and Pilgrim religious mindset in 17th Century Massachusetts.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I think you're underestimating the number of people who engage in piracy on this here TV forum.

Speaking as someone who pays for an ugly, too-expensive hodgepodge of streaming services just to be legal but avoid the demon cable.

I have Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Full Moon (don't judge me man!), and now Filmstruck and Brown Sugar. I also watch the network shows over the air. All this to avoid Comcast.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Mulva posted:

I feel like you have a vast misunderstanding of the Puritan and Pilgrim religious mindset in 17th Century Massachusetts.

Alternatively, I don't give a poo poo how bored people are who aren't paying for 150mbps and getting 1.4mbps are. Having a week off work and school and not being able to use any of my streaming services or play any of my online games for 6 days is pretty loving lame. That 6 days includes the time it's going to take for them to send a tech. I don't care if getting a prorated bill, when I contact my internet provider and say "yeah my internet has been out for 2 days" and they say "okay, we'll send someone by to look at in in 4 more days" what the gently caress kind of service is that.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Your life sounds tough. You can't even GAME? I'll pray for you.

not that I wouldn't be reacting in the exact same way

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Snak posted:

Alternatively, I don't give a poo poo how bored people are who aren't paying for 150mbps and getting 1.4mbps are. Having a week off work and school and not being able to use any of my streaming services or play any of my online games for 6 days is pretty loving lame. That 6 days includes the time it's going to take for them to send a tech. I don't care if getting a prorated bill, when I contact my internet provider and say "yeah my internet has been out for 2 days" and they say "okay, we'll send someone by to look at in in 4 more days" what the gently caress kind of service is that.

Ok, imagine feeling like that all the time, and that's how Puritans felt about being alive.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Until about a year ago, getting 1.4 would have been great.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
That's megabits per second, not megabytes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh I know.

This town had 2 ISPs. One of them was only available in an extremely limited area, and the other though they claimed they delivered 5 could barely do 1 at any reasonable hour.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Wow that really sucks.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Snak posted:

That's megabits per second, not megabytes.

What game is moving more than 175 kbps?

Download your shows instead. It's not like your internet is completely out.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

IRQ posted:

What game is moving more than 175 kbps?

It's not just slow, it's intermittent. No speed test has been able to complete an upload speed test.

But yeah, you convinced me. I'll try to play some BF1...

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

At least on xfinity, if my personal line has issues I can just hop onto one of the open hotspots in my building and get about 25mbps. And if that doesn't work either, I know it's not just me that's affected.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I feel truly sorry for those who can't have FiOS. Fiber to the home for the last 8 years and I think I can count the number of outages on one hand (and most have been less than 15 minutes.) I always can get my full upload and download speeds (simultaneously.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The next town over has gigabit coming soon, if not already, but we can't get it because the Not-actually-5 ISP made some kind of shady backroom deal with Bell (one of Canada's Big 3 who has that gigabit.)

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

bull3964 posted:

I feel truly sorry for those who can't have FiOS. Fiber to the home for the last 8 years and I think I can count the number of outages on one hand (and most have been less than 15 minutes.) I always can get my full upload and download speeds (simultaneously.)

There's fiber everywhere here but I moved into a complex only wired for comcast :smith:.

On the upside they don't enforce that ridiculous bandwidth cap here because everyone would switch to fios.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Aphrodite posted:

Until about a year ago, getting 1.4 would have been great.

That's like DSL speed, that wouldn't have been acceptable 10 years ago.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah I forgot to say "for me" in there.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

bull3964 posted:

I got fios in the house I was renting back when it first came out, it was glorious. Then a year later I moved to an area dominated by Comcast, then moved again to a place with an ISP that manages to be worse than Comcast. I miss Fios. :smith:

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
So Black Mirror really isn't my thing, but my brother loves it, and he told me that if I saw nothing else, I had to see "San Junipero."

Cut to 4:30 AM, I couldn't sleep, I decide "Screw it, I'm turning this on."

Nine hours and one rewatch later, I finished writing about it for a site I occasionally contribute to. Holy loving poo poo that was great. I know it's not representative of the series as a whole but it was so goddamn good you guys.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

DivisionPost posted:

So Black Mirror really isn't my thing, but my brother loves it, and he told me that if I saw nothing else, I had to see "San Junipero."

Cut to 4:30 AM, I couldn't sleep, I decide "Screw it, I'm turning this on."

Nine hours and one rewatch later, I finished writing about it for a site I occasionally contribute to. Holy loving poo poo that was great. I know it's not representative of the series as a whole but it was so goddamn good you guys.

Now watch Be Right Back, The Entire History of You, and Nosedive

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

theflyingexecutive posted:

Now watch Be Right Back, The Entire History of You, and Nosedive

I'll probably watch Nosedive for Michael Schur and Be Right Back for Hayley Atwell, but there's only so much dystopia I can take.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
The only Black Mirror episode I had seen before was "The Entire History of You," and I hated it, but I generally hate stories about adultery and cheating and lying about it.

But recently I saw "San Junipero" and loved it. It might have been one of the best hours of television I've ever seen, but I understand it's a huge departure from the typical themes of the show, that technology ruins everything and we're all awful for relying on it.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The Entire History Of You is not very good.

EDIT: Finally got around to watching S03E06, or as I would call it, what if "not the bees", but too much.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Nov 25, 2016

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Wow, didn't know Gilmore Girls finished so long ago. I didn't catch the original run but decided to give the new Netflix series a shot now and the banter is so quick and snappy, I'm loving it.

TV Zombie fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 25, 2016

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's the best. I've only read a bit of feedback from the new eps as I don't want spoilers, but everyone seems happy so I'm psyched to watch it.

S6-7 aren't as good so prepare yourself for some drop off and frustration, but it's still worth watching. I don't tend to bother with those episodes when I see it's airing on tv though, 2-5 only.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Haha "Dear God, I don't pray to you, because I believe in science..."

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

EL BROMANCE posted:

It's the best. I've only read a bit of feedback from the new eps as I don't want spoilers, but everyone seems happy so I'm psyched to watch it.

S6-7 aren't as good so prepare yourself for some drop off and frustration, but it's still worth watching. I don't tend to bother with those episodes when I see it's airing on tv though, 2-5 only.

Is the entire series on Netflix?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Last time I looked it was and I can't see that changing with the release of new episodes.

It looks much nicer in HD too, although it's obviously framed for 4:3.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Snak posted:

Haha "Dear God, I don't pray to you, because I believe in science..."

I see you're bored on a holiday and decided to watch the same thing I did.

I'm not sure about this show yet but drat the lead is cute.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The bees episode of Black Mirror is SO poo poo

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Why do people never talk about White Christmas? That was BY FAR the best episode of Black Mirror before San Junipero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

IRQ posted:

I see you're bored on a holiday and decided to watch the same thing I did.

I'm not sure about this show yet but drat the lead is cute.

We are exactly on the same page.

It might be too awkward for me.

edit: Paula is the best.

Snak fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Nov 25, 2016

• Locked thread