Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Archonex posted:

The more I look at this, the more I realize I can't make out what the right skeleton is supposed to be wearing flag-wise. Is that the UK flag?

cyka blyat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Oh poo poo. That explains it. For some reason I thought it was the UK flag at first with the artist massively botching the design up.

Probably doesn't help that I just got up and haven't had my coffee yet.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

These Joker stories are getting weird and political.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I don't think using a mythical creature as symbol for biology serves your point very well.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
honestly wouldn't suprise me if the guy who first started bringing up shnorkey's dumb cartoons is a shonorkey alt just trying to put his bad opinions in front of more eyeballs

this guy was a (weird as hell) goon who did those flash tub things for the front page so its possible

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Baloogan posted:

honestly wouldn't suprise me if the guy who first started bringing up shnorkey's dumb cartoons is a shonorkey alt just trying to put his bad opinions in front of more eyeballs

this guy was a (weird as hell) goon who did those flash tub things for the front page so its possible
please tell me this is a joke

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

rum sodomy Rainbow Dash posted:

please tell me this is a joke
not a joke

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Well, it is a joke. Shmorky making those cartoons, that is. The racist Bone people look like the klurfs that Shmorky is fond of drawing, so people made a joke that it was Shmorky's comic.

I mean, a nonbinary person isn't likely to be making comics mocking trans people.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol really? then i got owned by that joke haha, yeah read it itt like pages and pages ago.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Whatever else Shmork is they aren't a nazi

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

Klurf Nazis Must Die

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

you are a wonderful person

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
What I don't get about the Ku Klurf Klan comics is that, despite being named Red Panels, none of the panels are red. What's up with that?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cat Mattress posted:

What I don't get about the Ku Klurf Klan comics is that, despite being named Red Panels, none of the panels are red. What's up with that?

Its the red panel, for the red pill, for the red dit.

Embrace red, the color of power.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Turtlicious posted:

Its the red panel, for the red pill, for the red dit.

Embrace red, the color of power.

Red America. :ussr:

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I like cartoons

Listen up you little poo poo,

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
White men who may have seemed reasonable during election season are falling in line and becoming radicalized, which is part of what's causing both the recent incidents and the President-Elect's rising approval ratings. AGC.

(what is that poo poo on his face? did he give up on shaving his Hitler 'stache?)

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Nothing motivates republicans like petty spite. AGC.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Context: Apparently Israel's been hit by arsonists on a rather large scale

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Is that an open mouth or a sudden Hitler moustache?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Trogdos! posted:

Context: Apparently Israel's been hit by arsonists on a rather large scale

If by 'arsonists' you mean 'wildfires', sure. It's pretty much hitting the whole region.

(fires between about 72 and 48 hours ago)

Not that this is stopping accusations of arsonism by the Israeli government, though.

Prism fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Nov 25, 2016

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Hello Meow
Nov 9, 2009
I OBJECT.
The Addams Family were all good people who just happened to be a little weird.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Hello Meow posted:

I OBJECT.

I think he just wanted to draw Chris Pugsley and worked the rest out from there, for which I forgive him.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Hillary should also be knocked down cause her campaign was just as much of a trash fire as Trump's, but just secretly.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Grondoth posted:

Hillary should also be knocked down cause her campaign was just as much of a trash fire as Trump's, but just secretly.

Actually, she received more votes than him. Almost two million more. That's why the electoral college contradicting the will of the voting public is the joke.

Isn't it just the funniest thing.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

MageMage posted:

I wish this 'artist' would cut it out. 1/3 of his comics are about gender identity bias against trans women and in no way political.

Like, we get it, we can't bear children, but we're not sitting around blaming an imaginary stork. What a waste of paint strokes and brain cells.

...would it be appropriate to ask questions about trans people's attitude towards having kids? I'm kinda curious.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Roughly the same as everyone else's. Trans people are just like everyone else, some of them hate kids, some love them, and some don't care. They just have extra hoops if they want kids.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Hello Meow posted:

I OBJECT.

No, in the original comic, they were actually very cruel and spiteful, killing random people cause it tickled their fancy. The cartoons and movies softened that considerably.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Philip Hammond's Brexit forecast – Philip Hammond has said the government cannot ignore the £59bn black hole in the public finances directly related to Brexit, as pro-leave Tories criticised the economic forecast as overly pessimistic"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

After Harold Lloyd.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

BonHair posted:

Roughly the same as everyone else's. Trans people are just like everyone else, some of them hate kids, some love them, and some don't care. They just have extra hoops if they want kids.

I mean stuff like, before a transwoman begins hormone therapy and/or surgery, is it common for them to freeze a sample of their sperm so that later in their life, if they want a biological child, they can still have one? And ditto for a transman and their eggs?

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

Why is it a rabbit?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Fulchrum posted:

Why is it a rabbit?

Rabbits coming out of hats.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Fulchrum posted:

I mean stuff like, before a transwoman begins hormone therapy and/or surgery, is it common for them to freeze a sample of their sperm so that later in their life, if they want a biological child, they can still have one? And ditto for a transman and their eggs?

that toon really got you thinking, huh?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Cabbit posted:

Actually, she received more votes than him. Almost two million more. That's why the electoral college contradicting the will of the voting public is the joke.

Isn't it just the funniest thing.

This is silly because we know about the electoral college and there is absolutely no excuse for the campaign to have been as bad as it was

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010
Sorry for the low quality

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Mail & Guardian Africa on Grindr in South Africa.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Taciturn Tactician posted:

It would be a lot easier for transwomen to have kids if they just had to talk a bird into respecting their gender identity, to be fair.

Fulchrum posted:

...would it be appropriate to ask questions about trans people's attitude towards having kids? I'm kinda curious.

Fulchrum posted:

The real life stork is getting through to the ethics board of the medical community. Some trans women would love to be just that, women, and experience the miracle of being a mother. But is America a society where we would be OK with "men" having babies? Heck no.

And yes, I have frozen my sperm prior to my bilateral orchiectomy but it is so insanely expensive I suffer from the stress everyday thinking that they are going to call me up and say "we threw it out cause you couldn't pay" and then that's it. I'm too indigent to finance it.

I wouldn't like to derail a political cartoon thread, so if you wanna know more about me and my opinion (you don't), PM me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Bill Leak:

• Locked thread