Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Evil Eagle posted:

I made to the champion and he used a stealth rock suicide lead then a tailwind + whirlwind secondary. this is hosed up

All my uberpokes are sitting in Pokemon bank holding their asses and squirming like Ace Ventura

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I got moon. And the last new 3ds xl. And I escaped with my life from the Best Buy

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i got a freaking leafeon completely by accident

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Just beat the ghost trial, toughest one yet. I'm glad they decided not to do gyms again this time, this one and the fire trial were really great

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

pay attention to the poke pelago stuff, specifically the berry tree.

the rainbow berries will make your pokes affection shoot up to 2/3 hearts instantly, which gives them a big permanent XP boost. more affection also gives them a chance to survive fatal hits, auto-cure status ailments in battle and increased crit chance

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

altho it does get kinda weird cause the trainer starts giving them encouraging words and says "i love you!" in the middle of fights lmao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

altho it does get kinda weird cause the trainer starts giving them encouraging words and says "i love you!" in the middle of fights lmao

All my Pokémon are my friends

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I love taking this game slow, having a coffee while catching every pokemon in a route.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I would have wiped on the e4 and champion for sure if I hadn't been petting my Pokémon.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I would have wiped on the e4 and champion for sure if I hadn't been petting my Pokémon.

Same here. I won with the last hit on my last Pokemon who had 1 HP after enduring

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

Same here. I won with the last hit on my last Pokemon who had 1 HP after enduring

Crabrawler carried the team and endured 3 attacks in a row

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i didnt know about any of that stuff until the postgame, but i kinda beat the champion by spamming hyper potions on my Love Fort (magnezone) until a hydro pump finally missed

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

I would have been to the e4 by now if I weren't petting my pokemon.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

just grinding wild pokes in poni fields forever because the elites are a little too hard to walk into with 2 trainees on board

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

just grinding wild pokes in poni fields forever because the elites are a little too hard to walk into with 2 trainees on board

It's taking a long time to get a bag on to level 50

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Once I do though I'll take a break and do the trading because he's all I have left on melemele.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

This but dont put any status effects on them, seems to lower the chances of it. Also you can use a Adrenaline Orb (you can buy them at any PMC) to make them call way more frequently

Im pretty sure the adrenaline orbs also gives them a higher chance of calling in the rare sos battle spawn too, like the cubones at the volcano will call a kengaskhan, the magikarps will call a gyarados, etc.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Bobnumerotres posted:

pay attention to the poke pelago stuff, specifically the berry tree.

the rainbow berries will make your pokes affection shoot up to 2/3 hearts instantly, which gives them a big permanent XP boost. more affection also gives them a chance to survive fatal hits, auto-cure status ailments in battle and increased crit chance

yeah it takes like 3 rainbow beans to max out affection which is sick. you can just max it out as soon as you get a poke. they love them drat beans

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh gently caress it's Gary and Ash!!!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Oh gently caress it's Gary and Ash!!!

good loving luck dude

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Anybody want a timid Litwick with flash fire, I got 7 of them while I was trying to get one with flame body.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

good loving luck dude

I got him down to his last Pokemon and missed 3 attacks in a row and died :/

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I got him down to his last Pokemon and missed 3 attacks in a row and died :/

i had to restructure my team completely and im still training up my newest additions for a rematch. he owned me really bad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got him, and the battle tree is open. I wonder what other battles are left

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I got him, and the battle tree is open. I wonder what other battles are left

theres all sorts of postgame boss fights all over the islands. idk if you can redo them.

the lite 4 also has different champions when you rechallenge them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

theres all sorts of postgame boss fights all over the islands. idk if you can redo them.

the lite 4 also has different champions when you rechallenge them

Oh wow

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
man I really need to get this game lol

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
There's no grid movement.

Battles feel like stadium. Took them long enough.

Could you choose to send a party poke to the box in exchange for a newly caught one in x and y cause holy poo poo that's really really nice QOL

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Was there grid movement in XY? Didnt play. Or ORAS

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

net cafe scandal posted:

Was there grid movement in XY? Didnt play. Or ORAS

i think if you used the dpad it was grid movement and if you used the circle pad your character hopped on some roller skates and moved freely

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I think pokemon stop calling for help if theyre paralyzed????? Muh chain...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ok it's time to start chaining for IVs. How many will I have to chain for the max benefit? Is it 4?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

Ok it's time to start chaining for IVs. How many will I have to chain for the max benefit? Is it 4?

if it's iv ditto it's 40+ lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

if it's iv ditto it's 40+ lol

*pulls my Pikachu slanket up tight and queues up Big Bang Theory Season 5 on Netflix* It's gonna be a long night.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

it wasn't grid aligned unless you were in a building, but the d-pad could be used to move in the cardinal directions

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

In Training posted:

*pulls my Pikachu slanket up tight and queues up Big Bang Theory Season 5 on Netflix* It's gonna be a long night.

I've used over 10 Recycles on Leppa Berries for Body Slam and Rest on my Munchlax so far in this single chain on a quest for a shiny Pichu

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

love the Egg Route. Swimming in Jangmo-O's right now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh man, I just got a adrenaline rush after paging through 25 jangmo-O's with the IV checker and one of them is Very Good to Best in every stat

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

that ivy guy posted:

I've used over 10 Recycles on Leppa Berries for Body Slam and Rest on my Munchlax so far in this single chain on a quest for a shiny Pichu

going for an oricorio while watching mst3k right now. the journey will be long but for 4 shinies in 1 how can I not do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

So once I max a EV if I level the mon a bunch they'll just naturally get a butt load more of that stat right?

• Locked thread