Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Intoluene posted:

Holy poo poo. I can't imagine seeing something like that. :stare:

It's not the first time and won't be the last.
The type of work I do means that I sometimes see people die, I've seen spousal abuse go unpunished and human trafficking. The world is sometimes very horrible.

But not today. Today is when I still have to work but I may get some room-temperature turkey and canned cranberry sauce :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Inzombiac posted:

It's not the first time and won't be the last.
The type of work I do means that I sometimes see people die, I've seen spousal abuse go unpunished and human trafficking. The world is sometimes very horrible.

But not today. Today is when I still have to work but I may get some room-temperature turkey and canned cranberry sauce :unsmith:

:glomp:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I have to leave halfway through cooking to take care of something at work, a sixty minute round trip, that any of my coworkers who all have 20 minute round trips could take care of instead.

I also accidentally turned my oven off halfway through baking the ham so cooking will take even longer and be even more disrupted by this stupid task that'll take me a fraction of the time of the travel.

uuuugggghhhhhhhhhh

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I accidentally poured dog food instead of cat food into the cat bowl and my cat won't shut the gently caress up even after I fixed my error :saddowns: I am the worst pet owner.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I really shouldn't have had that slice of pumpkin pie when I was fully sated from Thanksgiving dinner.

Stupid gluttony :argh:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

My store is dead and I have two hours until my shift is over and I can eat thanksgiving/drimk with my family

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
It's 8:15 on a Friday night and my neighbour is mowing his lawn. Why is he doing this? It's practically dark outside and it's been raining all evening. I can't imagine a scenario where he couldn't have waited till tomorrow morning.

I'm trying to post some videos to instagram and they're taking forever and I don't know if it's my internet connection or instagram itself causing the slow down.

My friend and I are having a big combined birthday party next weekend and I really don't feel like having a crazy bender but I don't want to be the buzzkill sober guy that stops everyone else from having fun.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

cyberia posted:

My friend and I are having a big combined birthday party next weekend and I really don't feel like having a crazy bender but I don't want to be the buzzkill sober guy that stops everyone else from having fun.

There is a middle ground between "no drinks" and "all the drinks".

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Tiggum posted:

There is a middle ground between "no drinks" and "all the drinks".

It's more drugs than drinks. My birthday tends to be the one weekend a year I let loose but I'm really not feeling it this year. Maybe I'll have changed my mind by next weekend though.

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

The Snoo posted:

I love when people say they'll call you back and then they just... never do. no matter how many times you call them. even if it's super important. it's so nice!

Yeah agreed, I hate that poo poo. 99% of the time it's from places I apply to who always say "we'll call you back" and then never do. :(

First world problem: I ate the last of the pasta salad and there is no more pasta salad so I'm pasta sad. lad.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Saturday is my grocery-shopping day, and I've checked the circular and there is absolutely nothing relevant to my life on sale.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My friend and I finally got our schedules set so we can hang out at night and start the rpg again, but now she's too busy with her new job.

I ordered a Pikachu hoodie two months ago and it's still not here. USPS says it was in LA last week. And there it stays?

There has been no update to the Pet Island Secret Santa. I guess it's off this year.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I want some potato chips and there are none at hand :saddowns:

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

someone ate the best part of the leftover ham from thanksgiving. I wanted the cripsy bits, gdi.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Ever since I found out I'm a diabetic, I've had an annoying increase in craving for sugary drinks that I formerly had little interest in. Most of my life, I've had an energy drink every once in a while. Maybe grab an orange/apple juice at the store that'd last me a couple months. Otherwise, I was a dude known for regularly drinking water or milk.

Now? Now the amount of times I randomly have the desire to have something that I otherwise wouldn't is through the roof. I'd be one thing if I was craving things that I had to cut down on, but nope, this is purestrain "That thing I never wanted, now I want".

e: the worst part about it is that my sugars are actually getting down to reasonable levels. It's like my body got used to being hyperglyemic (never had any of the symptoms of diabetes outside of the high blood sugar) or something.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 11:59 on Nov 27, 2016

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I waited all day for a package to arrive from UPS, hours after they normally drop off my stuff, but they came TEN MINUTES after I gave up and left my house to do some quick grocery shopping.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

The reason I haven't been able to find Grade B maple syrup in the stores is it doesn't exist anymore. Wtf.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

The reason I haven't been able to find Grade B maple syrup in the stores is it doesn't exist anymore. Wtf.

Dark/Robust is the new B.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
On a similar notes my supermarket used to do really good Chocolate ring donuts, and large sausage rolls at the deli. Neither have been in the delivery rotation for weeks, I miss them :(

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Aphrodite posted:

Dark/Robust is the new B.

I can finally escape from this "fancy" grade hell

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I need to go to the store because I'm out of some essential things but I want to play video games all day.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I couldn't be bothered this morning to get out of bed, as I had nothing to do, so I slept. I slept way too much, and now my body is tired from the oversleeping.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
My weekly spotify playlist sucks this week.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Flaggy posted:

My weekly spotify playlist sucks this week.
This has always been a reliable indicator if my week is going to go well or not.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My GF and I bought each other Kindles for Xmas after going through our huge book collection and donating all but one big shelf.

I sorta miss the books but mostly as decoration.

Getting used to Kindle reading is gonna take me a while.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
my local dairy is closed for earthquake checks so now I have to get my morning supplies from the service station where the hairy lady hits on me :(

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The free wi-fi at the hotel I'm staying at for free (free for me, business trip so my company pays) sucks.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The wifi at work is slow and always cuts out if I move slightly east.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Also, I just learned that Harry Connick Jr. has a daytime TV show and it looks like the most bland bullshit on the planet.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

My aunt made me some amazing looking olive-walnut bites but she used lovely canned black olives so they taste good until the awful aftertaste

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
The dish washer in my apartment is kind of lovely and doesn't do the best job of washing my dishes.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

The version of I am Legend on Netflix has the bad ending.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The dish washer in my apartment is kind of lovely and doesn't do the best job of washing my dishes.

You should talk to her, maybe give her some flowers :v:

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
I've had so much OT recently i'm going to head home at lunch and try to relax a bit otherwise i'll burn out.

But I know i'm not going to relax and in fact will just play Doom at redonk volume and probably eat badly and drink too much

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
In the theme of the thread's title, I think Thanksgiving dinner (and all the leftovers I've been eating) has done a number on my gut the last few days. It's like there's a Cold War inside my stomach, and I know it's going to be terrible when it will turn Hot.

I miss my mom in times like this. She had a lot of GI issues and I wish I had someone to commiserate with. :smith:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Fashionable Jorts posted:

The version of I am Legend on Netflix has the bad ending.

They're both bad endings, just that one is a thousand times worse.
But seriously, a faithful adaptation of IAL would be really loving weird and I would love it.
For those of you not in the know:
The main character is a Nordic dude without much education and a pretty strong Christian faith. His former coworker (boss?) becomes hive leader of the vampires. Every night they come to his house to get him to come out (they can't enter uninvited). Even the women strip and try to provoke him in to a sexual frenzy. However he is too pious to fall for it.
He spends his days going to the library trying to make a cure but pretty much fails over and over. He decides to go and just kill the vampires during the day where he can find them.
He's eventually caught and put on trial for murdering vamps in their sleep. He's become the monster in the night and sentenced to death.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I wanted to donate blood today, but my hemoglobin was too low :(

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

bradzilla posted:

I wanted to donate blood today, but my hemoglobin was too low :(

Perfect excuse to go eat some steak!

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Inzombiac posted:

They're both bad endings, just that one is a thousand times worse.
But seriously, a faithful adaptation of IAL would be really loving weird and I would love it.
For those of you not in the know:
The main character is a Nordic dude without much education and a pretty strong Christian faith. His former coworker (boss?) becomes hive leader of the vampires. Every night they come to his house to get him to come out (they can't enter uninvited). Even the women strip and try to provoke him in to a sexual frenzy. However he is too pious to fall for it.
He spends his days going to the library trying to make a cure but pretty much fails over and over. He decides to go and just kill the vampires during the day where he can find them.
He's eventually caught and put on trial for murdering vamps in their sleep. He's become the monster in the night and sentenced to death.

Isn't that sort of what happened in the Omega Man with Charlton Heston? I saw it when I was very young so I could be way off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Isn't that sort of what happened in the Omega Man with Charlton Heston? I saw it when I was very young so I could be way off.

Yeah, The Omega Man is I am Legend. They changed the book title for the movie. But in the movie he escapes, creates a cure, and dies heroically. In the book he just gets executed.

I am Legend has been made into a movie 4 times, and only one of them uses the same title.

Aphrodite has a new favorite as of 19:15 on Nov 30, 2016