Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

mushroom_spore posted:

I also love that life has been steadily improving for poor old Plo Koon. :neckbeard: Seems like an increasingly good time for Jedi teams in general.

Ha yeah if I can unlock his ship I will feel a lot better about dumping all that time/resources into him.

Does Mace Windu as fleet commander give any bonus to Jedi? Or is it just the Republic bonus for now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

Disco De Soto posted:

Ha yeah if I can unlock his ship I will feel a lot better about dumping all that time/resources into him.

Does Mace Windu as fleet commander give any bonus to Jedi? Or is it just the Republic bonus for now?

Mace grants his bonus to Jedi and Republic.

Edit: I just double checked and his ability actually only states republic, weird I could have sworn it mentioned Jedi also.

rocket_Magnet fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Nov 24, 2016

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Disco De Soto posted:

Plo's ship is farmable from Cantina, it is by far the easiest ship to star up.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

two_step posted:

Plo's ship is farmable from Cantina, it is by far the easiest ship to star up.

Theoretically, but I've spent over 300 energy and only got 3 pieces so far :mad:

Since it's 25 to unlock it better drat well be 2 star to start with.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

Disco De Soto posted:

Theoretically, but I've spent over 300 energy and only got 3 pieces so far :mad:

Since it's 25 to unlock it better drat well be 2 star to start with.

25 is 2* yes, 50 is 3*, 80 is 4*; only slave I & the millenium falcon are currently 80 shards to unlock.

I bought 2 of the fleet packs with some cyrstals i had saved up plus the 1000 bonus, then bought some cyrstals :negative: (stupid new shiny stuff). That lot plus hammering gw shipments means I've got at 3* wedge, biggs, rex, ahsoka, 2* sun fac. plus, while my fleet arena has an ultrawhale at #1 (5* home one! meaning he has 7 or 8 ships at 4* at least,can't see how many 4* ships you'll need to do tier 4 of the capital ship challenges; but i think that's right). The rest of the shard isn't remotely close to his level and I hit 14th yesterday, looking to get top 5 today. I really like where ships are currently, there's no meta to speak of yet, and everybodies ships are low level enough that matches don't end in under 2 minutes like they do in pvp arena (hell most of those are decided by the 3rd move of the round).

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Ships are fun and look great but they are basically a whole new game unto themselves that will need content produced for it, and tons of it. I am kind of worried what it means for the rest of the game. I think I prefer character battles more, personally.

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
I shot up from rank 40 to 30 by putting boba fett in my squad as lead.

He ignores tanks and denies abilities.

I keep knocking out lando's ability to crit or old Ben's mass denial.

He double taps a lot and if there's someone with a few buffs on them they are obliterated.

I don't think I'll go full bounty hunter, but for now it's great.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

Ships are fun and look great but they are basically a whole new game unto themselves that will need content produced for it, and tons of it. I am kind of worried what it means for the rest of the game. I think I prefer character battles more, personally.

There must be some serious cash cows bank rolling this game because in the past year I've been playing I haven't felt the need to spend a dime and I've gotten a ton of playtime and heroes.

Credit to the devs they've really improved and expanded on the game. It's a bit hap-hazard at times but they are not shy from making tweaks and changes as the need arises.

I'm also super happy I spent so much time and resources with my 7* Boba Fett just because he is cool even though he sucked. He's back in my regular squads now and he is awesome.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Disco De Soto posted:

rocket_Magnet posted:

Mace grants his bonus to Jedi and Republic.

Edit: I just double checked and his ability actually only states republic, weird I could have sworn it mentioned Jedi also.

The Jedi ships *are* Republic. :patriot: At least until/unless we get Jedi Luke. The Republic tag is basically just a patch to let PT-era Jedi and clones fly together without messing up type synergy in the rest of the game.

mushroom_spore fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Nov 25, 2016

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

They really can't stop being greedy cunts for just one day, can they? Their black friday offer is 25% more crystals. For comparison, in Marvel Future Fight, the black friday offer is triple premium currency.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Vodos posted:

They really can't stop being greedy cunts for just one day, can they? Their black friday offer is 25% more crystals. For comparison, in Marvel Future Fight, the black friday offer is triple premium currency.

And the May 4th deal was 50% off, if I recall correctly.

e: What kind of teams are you guys running Boba in? I'm still working on him but I'm not sure how he would fit into my Wiggs/Lando/JKA/STHan team. I sounds like 88 and JE would synergize really well with him. JE buffs, 88 unloads his AoE and debuffs the enemy team, then Boba's leader allows him to go next. JE's bombs would even be a little more useful, and he can resurrect 88.

Dr. Venture fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Nov 25, 2016

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
I'm playing this lovely game again, somebody accept my guild request. My IGN should be Meetra Surik

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Dr. Venture posted:

And the May 4th deal was 50% off, if I recall correctly.

e: What kind of teams are you guys running Boba in? I'm still working on him but I'm not sure how he would fit into my Wiggs/Lando/JKA/STHan team. I sounds like 88 and JE would synergize really well with him. JE buffs, 88 unloads his AoE and debuffs the enemy team, then Boba's leader allows him to go next. JE's bombs would even be a little more useful, and he can resurrect 88.

I'm thinking of a Boba (L), Dengar and IG-88 team. 50% Crit damage, and a lot of AoE. Unsure who to add as the final two. Lando? Wiggs?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure Greedo would work well on that squad, since he has a TD ability. Living 3 turns is kind of a challenge, though.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

Pretty sure Greedo would work well on that squad, since he has a TD ability. Living 3 turns is kind of a challenge, though.

Yeah. I was thinking of Greedo but he's so squishy. Admittedly, I've not seen Dengar / IG-88 yet as I have neither at a playable level (IG is 7* but no gear / levels and Dengar is almost 7*, the same as IG)

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else noticing that you can totally call-assist a stunned character again?

Is that intentional or did they break the game?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

iGestalt posted:

I'm thinking of a Boba (L), Dengar and IG-88 team. 50% Crit damage, and a lot of AoE. Unsure who to add as the final two. Lando? Wiggs?

Lando is absolutely the best for a scoundrel squad. I usually run Lando/Boba/STH/Denger/IG88 and it works pretty well.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

Anyone else noticing that you can totally call-assist a stunned character again?

Is that intentional or did they break the game?

It is a bug, a dev said on Reddit they were aware of it

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Been pretty paralyzed on which ships to farm shards for. I have biggs jc and gs at 2 star but i cant make up my mind on the other 2 to 3. I pretty much have no one geared other than biggs.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

We have two pending invites in QGJ. Are either of these Goons?

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010
Anyone able to confirm that later capital ships upgrade tiers require specific fleets? Heard the later tarkin upgrades require a dark side fleet

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Boozie posted:

Been pretty paralyzed on which ships to farm shards for. I have biggs jc and gs at 2 star but i cant make up my mind on the other 2 to 3.

Ship credits seem scarce so I'm starring the ships I've already leveled to 60. Resistance Pilot has a pretty good vanilla X-wing. I like how it has an ability to straight up target lock someone. Plus, I need to level her (is it really a her?) for the speed mod challenge. I'm also doing TIE Pilot because I'm currently gearing and starring him in cantina. He seems super squishy, but his basic has a good chance to target lock and his 2nd ability can buff block and gives him foresight.

I finally geared up my 4* Shoretrooper. He makes Han Solo teams a joke, but I still really miss the TM manipulation from my STHan. I'm currently running Wiggs, Lando, JKA, Shoretrooper. I'll see how far I drop in arena by tomorrow.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Dr. Venture posted:

I finally geared up my 4* Shoretrooper. He makes Han Solo teams a joke, but I still really miss the TM manipulation from my STHan. I'm currently running Wiggs, Lando, JKA, Shoretrooper. I'll see how far I drop in arena by tomorrow.

If I have Wiggs, Lando, Emp, STHAN currently who do I replace for shoretrooper? I'm 1 droid caller away from Gear 10 on him 4*. Do I run double tanks with StHan by replacing Emperor? Or keep Emperor and just use Shoretrooper as the tank?

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
I have to sandbag a bit to stay 69 for the tournament. I need to decide between 835 energy spent at LS/DS missions or take some daily quest turn ins. Im selectively taking some quests aleady so the choice is just:

835 energy (xp) at ls/ds missions
All the drops from those

Vs

835 from quest turn ins
53 crystals
10k ship building credits
5.2k ally points
70 fleet arena tokens

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jerkface posted:

If I have Wiggs, Lando, Emp, STHAN currently who do I replace for shoretrooper? I'm 1 droid caller away from Gear 10 on him 4*. Do I run double tanks with StHan by replacing Emperor? Or keep Emperor and just use Shoretrooper as the tank?

I'd say drop STHAN and Lando and replace them with Shoretrooper and RG.

Shore + RG is the DUMBEST poo poo in the universe. Long-term, you could also aim for that trio + B2 and Lando... again just loving retarded.

edit:

gently caress them for making Shore SO GOOD at 4* and then making attaining him such an exclusive reward.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

Shore + RG is the DUMBEST poo poo in the universe.

Really? I was considering replacing JKA with STHan to run double tank with Wiggs/Lando. Or replacing JKA with Palp. I might even drastically change my team once I have TIE Fighter Pilot up and running. Emp/TFP/Shore/Wiggs(or BobaLando?) So many choices!

Jerkface posted:

I'm not sure yet, but you should probably test out both to see which feels stronger. Let's keep each other updated on our progress. Watch out for g10; he wants 2 stun guns, a thermal detonator, and a security scanner.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I just ran Emp (L), WIGGS, RG, Shoretrooper into a droid team with B2 and only shoretrooper died so it seems pretty good. I'm gonna try with Lando + STHAN & Wiggs next.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jerkface posted:

I just ran Emp (L), WIGGS, RG, Shoretrooper into a droid team with B2 and only shoretrooper died so it seems pretty good. I'm gonna try with Lando + STHAN & Wiggs next.

Other possibilities...first, do you have EE to 7*, G9ish? He's really good with EP (L), RG, Shore, and Lando. Instead of EE you can also run a whole bunch of other people in there, including B2, JKA, STH, Daka, QGJ, etc. Basically it's a control shell around EP, RG and Shore. Wiggs not necessary thanks to Shore.

It's my honest opinion that Lando is like 5x better than Wedge or Biggs, the only problem is that he's best with Wedge lead. 30% damage is much better than 29% crit damage (even at 100% crit rate -- 10k damage -> 13k * 1.0 * 216% = 28,080 vs 10k * 1 * 245% = 24,500). 10% TM is also better than 15 speed because Lando can get 5 crits with his ability, and healing on crit and kill gives Lando a lot of survivability. That's not to say that Wiggs are bad, they're just lackluster against Shoretrooper comps (crit immunity). Basically if you're running the three of them you need to be able to stun Shoretrooper before he goes, but if there's a Rex, EE, or Yoda, that becomes a lot harder. EP/RG make it a lot easier to handle Shoretrooper.
Anyways, back to the point I'm trying to make, Lando can still shine with the right package against an EP, Shore, RG team comp, but that isn't Wiggs anymore. You pretty much need your own EP/Shore or Rex + others.

So, with the thing you're going to try next, I'd do Wedge lead, Biggs, STH, Lando, Shore. I still think the EP team will be better though.

In other news, I just played against Rex (L), Shore, B2, EP, Ani, and I barely got to play. Highly recommend if you have the heroes...

Oh yeah, other other news, Decided to buy an 8-pack (Thanksgiving 1k crystals really helped there), got 3 full heroes, Zam, Lobot, and someone that turned into shards. I don't remember what the other random shards were, but nothing too exciting. I then did this on my alt, and got a full B2...but I'm still quitting that account. Too much of a slog. I think I'm still going to try to buy a couple more 8-packs, see if I can get lucky with a Baze or Shoretrooper unlock. Kinda hoping for Baze cause I have over 6k shard shop currency, which isn't enough to unlock him, but could get him to 4 star if I unlocked him. I would also be happy with 10 shoretrooper shards (but a full unlock would get him to 4* as well).

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Nov 26, 2016

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

Other possibilities...first, do you have EE to 7*, G9ish? He's really good with EP (L), RG, Shore, and Lando. Instead of EE you can also run a whole bunch of other people in there, including B2, JKA, STH, Daka, QGJ, etc. Basically it's a control shell around EP, RG and Shore. Wiggs not necessary thanks to Shore.

I forgot about the EE combo! No one in my shard runs him in high level arena so I forget he's viable. I really want to try him but I still need to farm him a furnace. There are a lot of team possibilities here. I need to make up my mind which direction to go in.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Zone of Danger posted:

Anyone able to confirm that later capital ships upgrade tiers require specific fleets? Heard the later tarkin upgrades require a dark side fleet

Yup, they do require specific fleets. Both Ackbar and Mace need light side ships (and Tarkin needs dark side), and unlike the earlier levels, you can just go in with a bunch of random unleveled ships. I wasn't able to beat it with most of my ships around level 40-60 and most pilots pretty well leveled and geared.

I am also very short on ship credits, mostly because I whaled a little on ships. I still don't have Slave 1 or the Falcon, but I do have everything else unlocked at least. My personal opinions on the ships:

Good ships:
Scimitar (Maul) - Has a nice special that stealths everyone but one ship and has a unique that gives stealthed ships +15% offense (at level 1, should get much better later)
Biggs/Wedge - Partly because I have these guys maxed out, but Biggs has a nice taunt that pops when someone gets target locked, and he seems to be a pretty good tank. Wedges abilities aren't that great, so maybe he is just here because I have him maxed out.
Sun Fac - Again, maxed out character, but he also has a very nice unique that makes him taunt when an enemy with a buff takes a turn. He also has a stun, and enough health to tank for a while.
Rex - Very nice skills, wish I had him at more than 3*. Once I get people to 5* for the challenges, I think I will work on blueprints for him. Has a nice target lock special, and a unique that heals protection when people resist debuffs. Also has a nice heal/TM boost, with republic synergy (its cooldown is reduced by 1 for every other republic ship)

Everything else seems OK for now, I am not a fan of the TIE with no protection though, protection seems to be a lot of the health of ships and there seem to be a lot of protection based heals. Interesting, when looking at the stats for my ships to confirm this, it seems like all the protection on a ship comes from its crew. Not sure how exactly that works though.

Edit: SWGOH.gg added ships: https://swgoh.gg/units/ships/
Holy crap Vader's ship looks totally overpowered. Wish I hadn't used up nearly all my ally points in the last tourney.

two_step fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Nov 26, 2016

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Speaking of tourneys, what's the recommended strategy? Wait a few hours before joining?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Serperoth posted:

Speaking of tourneys, what's the recommended strategy? Wait a few hours before joining?

I like to wait, because at the very least you should have some crappy teams to fight at the start with your scrub teams.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
At this point, I think you have to pick and choose your tournaments. Unless you have 300k+ AP, you won't place very highly. You probably need 500k for top 1-3 in most brackets. You might be able to game the system a little by when you join, but I think by now, top players will be spread out across starting times. While I think this tournament is worth throwing everything you have at it, I am actually leaning towards minimal effort in the hopes that there will be a second DV tournament. Unless you still have a stockpile of GW and/or AP, you might want to consider doing the same. If I end up on an easy shard, I will throw what I have at it (probably 200k by the end of the tournament), but otherwise plan to save my AP. I've been putting GW into AP, but I think right now the smarter choice is to at least get 7 ships to 4* before doing that. I've been scoring top 50 on ships, but that is getting harder as others have been starring their ships faster than me. An unlocked advanced tie could change that a lot, but I'm not even sure I can unlock it with 200k. I would rather save and have 300k+ for the next torunament.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Is it just me or will fleet arena battles always end in a draw once people get 4-5 reinforcements? I only JUST drew a battle today because the stupid capital ship animations take forever, and that's with 2 reinforcements. Seven minutes doesn't seem long enough.

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010

two_step posted:

Yup, they do require specific fleets. Both Ackbar and Mace need light side ships (and Tarkin needs dark side), and unlike the earlier levels, you can just go in with a bunch of random unleveled ships. I wasn't able to beat it with most of my ships around level 40-60 and most pilots pretty well leveled and geared.

I am also very short on ship credits, mostly because I whaled a little on ships. I still don't have Slave 1 or the Falcon, but I do have everything else unlocked at least. My personal opinions on the ships:

Good ships:
Scimitar (Maul) - Has a nice special that stealths everyone but one ship and has a unique that gives stealthed ships +15% offense (at level 1, should get much better later)
Biggs/Wedge - Partly because I have these guys maxed out, but Biggs has a nice taunt that pops when someone gets target locked, and he seems to be a pretty good tank. Wedges abilities aren't that great, so maybe he is just here because I have him maxed out.
Sun Fac - Again, maxed out character, but he also has a very nice unique that makes him taunt when an enemy with a buff takes a turn. He also has a stun, and enough health to tank for a while.
Rex - Very nice skills, wish I had him at more than 3*. Once I get people to 5* for the challenges, I think I will work on blueprints for him. Has a nice target lock special, and a unique that heals protection when people resist debuffs. Also has a nice heal/TM boost, with republic synergy (its cooldown is reduced by 1 for every other republic ship)

Everything else seems OK for now, I am not a fan of the TIE with no protection though, protection seems to be a lot of the health of ships and there seem to be a lot of protection based heals. Interesting, when looking at the stats for my ships to confirm this, it seems like all the protection on a ship comes from its crew. Not sure how exactly that works though.

Edit: SWGOH.gg added ships: https://swgoh.gg/units/ships/
Holy crap Vader's ship looks totally overpowered. Wish I hadn't used up nearly all my ally points in the last tourney.

Seems like it'd be a good idea to identify a full dark side team to at least be able to complete the ability mat challenge for Zeta materials. Assuming Sun Fac and Maul are a problem, literally the only options are..GSoldier, GSpy, both Tie Fighters, Slave 1? I think that's it?

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

two_step posted:

Yup, they do require specific fleets. Both Ackbar and Mace need light side ships (and Tarkin needs dark side)

How many ships do they require? Are we talking 5 light/dark ships? Or 6?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

At this point, I think you have to pick and choose your tournaments. Unless you have 300k+ AP, you won't place very highly. You probably need 500k for top 1-3 in most brackets. You might be able to game the system a little by when you join, but I think by now, top players will be spread out across starting times. While I think this tournament is worth throwing everything you have at it, I am actually leaning towards minimal effort in the hopes that there will be a second DV tournament. Unless you still have a stockpile of GW and/or AP, you might want to consider doing the same. If I end up on an easy shard, I will throw what I have at it (probably 200k by the end of the tournament), but otherwise plan to save my AP. I've been putting GW into AP, but I think right now the smarter choice is to at least get 7 ships to 4* before doing that. I've been scoring top 50 on ships, but that is getting harder as others have been starring their ships faster than me. An unlocked advanced tie could change that a lot, but I'm not even sure I can unlock it with 200k. I would rather save and have 300k+ for the next torunament.

You should also not bother to push for a high-rank tourney if you aren't rocking the current max meta squads.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

You should also not bother to push for a high-rank tourney if you aren't rocking the current max meta squads.

Yeah, I'm a little worried that my Wiggs squad won't cut it next tournament. There are going to be too many max Shoretrooper squads. My EP/TFP squad (minus shore) is nearly ready, and I just need another like 30 cuff salvage to take TFP to G10, and I only need to farm I think one stun cuff there to go to G11. He's still 5* though...might be 6* by tournament. Anyways, my thought is to try out EP (L), TFP, JKA, RG, +1 (EE, Daka, QGJ, something like that) My other squad would be Wiggs, Lando, STH + 1. I will probably put 30-50k AP into this tournament regardless and see how hard my shard is -- even making like top 500 should give you some good ship resources -- credits and whatnot.

Zone of Danger posted:

Seems like it'd be a good idea to identify a full dark side team to at least be able to complete the ability mat challenge for Zeta materials. Assuming Sun Fac and Maul are a problem, literally the only options are..GSoldier, GSpy, both Tie Fighters, Slave 1? I think that's it?

Yeah, but I think we're going to get a lot more pretty soon, Rogue One release, then I'd expect a Christmas patch, and a lot of obvious characters don't have ships yet. I think we can expect ships for all of these DS heroes:

Asajj
Cad
Phasma (maybe not until E8)
Dooku
Sidious?
Grievous
Veers
Greedo
IG-88
Kylo
Savage
Zam

e: for arena, if you are having a hard time with Wiggs against Wiggs, you might be doing it wrong. These days I'm beating faster Biggs without switching from Wedge to Lando lead more consistently. The extra damage, TM gain, and life gain are actually pretty important. I just did two mirror matches in a row, Wiggs, Lando, JKA, STH, and in both Biggs was faster than me. In one, they targeted Lando, and he lived. I returned fire on Lando, not quite killing him. My JKA + Lando aoe fixed that. Our STHs went down at about the same time, but with my Lando doing AOE duty, I won pretty handily. Match 2, his Biggs went first, killing my Biggs. I used JKA to ability block their STH (if this had missed, I admittedly would have lost). I then killed Lando, then JKA, and won with Lando's AOE. I've also won with them sniping any of my other characters. JKA doesn't usually die from that first attack, although he'll usually die from Lando or JKA aoe. Wedge will usually die from the snipe, same with Biggs (although sometimes he lives because Biggs triggers his evasion up and he dodges one of the next attacks). STH also usually survives long enough to get his taunt up, but will die from one more attack.

So, as much as it sucks not to break up that Wiggs power wombo, I would really recommend taking down Lando, then JKA for much more consistent wins.

e2: some notes on ships. Biggs is probably the best starter ship, followed by JC. While underleveled (both for ship and hero), Clone Sergeant is also very effective. I've been saving one shipment per day for Slave 1, because that ship is supposed to be really, really good. I would put more into it, but my Boba has poo poo for gear, and TFP is generally a higher priority, although Boba is right behind him. Also I only see Slave 1 about once a day anyways...regardless, I save enough currency to make sure I can buy that shipment if it pops up.
With JC and GS, Biggs can stay alive for a long time. Since he gains protection on applying target lock, and his basic applies it, he can gain the protection whether or not the target is already target locked. Additionally, JC gives his assist protection up. Ackbar also has a debuff/heal ability that keeps him up. I still think that long term, Ackbar will turn out to be a weaker commander, but, for now I think he's pretty awesome with the ships we have available.
I've seen a lot of people complaining about TFP -- with Ackbar as commander, I think running TFP is fantastic -- as your 6th ship. He enters with Advantage and full TM.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Nov 27, 2016

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Someone convince me that levelling and gearing Raid Han isn't a good idea. It just seems like he would do so well against Wiggs teams, droid teams, basically anyone who doesn't have Shore or Baze (which on my soft shard is pretty much everyone). He's a rebel as well so it seems like he'd be a natural fit for a Wiggs/Lando team. Only thing stopping me is that I don't see anyone else using him, ever, so I feel like I'm missing something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Vulpes posted:

Someone convince me that levelling and gearing Raid Han isn't a good idea. It just seems like he would do so well against Wiggs teams, droid teams, basically anyone who doesn't have Shore or Baze (which on my soft shard is pretty much everyone). He's a rebel as well so it seems like he'd be a natural fit for a Wiggs/Lando team. Only thing stopping me is that I don't see anyone else using him, ever, so I feel like I'm missing something.

He is bad on defense, but I find him quite useful for stuff like tournaments. Certainly not a top choice, but worth doing at some point, IMHO