Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Where can I switch my ball handling style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Calaveron posted:

Where can I switch my ball handling style

Third island, there's a waste management plant north of the first town, and you can talk to an old guy.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I can't believe Pokemon has cutscenes now holy poo poo

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I feel like the lack of red rimmed glasses in Moon is really hurting my Decidueye cosplay potential

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
That's what the festival plaza is for. Find people with Red rimmed glasses and compliment their fashion.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Restarted at the end of the third island because I wanted to go through the game with a better team and reroll for a better nature on my starter. :shepface:

Can't really explain how my mind works but I think I did the right thing.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Crabominable is such an awful Pokemon, even in game. Evolving did not help it at all.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dr. Fetus posted:

Crabominable is such an awful Pokemon, even in game. Evolving did not help it at all.
Yeah, I was honestly very disappointed. Ice Punch was not good enough to make me keep the fucker around. It wasn't worth it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
When's the first time in going to have access to a Thunder Stone by the way? I want my Raichu pal.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

greatn posted:

When's the first time in going to have access to a Thunder Stone by the way? I want my Raichu pal.

Final town in the second island, so after 4th trial but before 2nd Kahuna. There's a shop that sells stones.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

greatn posted:

You can buy them near the end of the 2nd island.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

greatn posted:

I believe you first find one... behind a truck in Akala somewhere.

But either way I know it's sold in Olivia's jewelry shop on the second island.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Lord knows I stuck up for Crabrawler when everyone was down on him for evolving too late to matter, but I'm kind of on that boat too. I fought through most of the game with him on my team (never even got to evolve him) and he was definitely a weak link.

His design is hands-down one of the best of the gen (his evo not so much) but power-wise he never stood out and they never did anything fun with his moveset. He really had the makings of a great single-stage Poke with decent stats but they just had to make him a mediocre pre-evo with an evo that comes too little too late. And ugly as sin, my god.

Deified Data fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Nov 25, 2016

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

greatn posted:

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I believe you first find one... behind a truck in Akala somewhere.

But either way I know it's sold in Olivia's jewelry shop on the second island.

yeah there's one behind a truck in the fossil zone near lush jungle

e; omfg mimikyu stop criting these dumb jangmoos and hakamoos

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Nov 25, 2016

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
not having pokemon with priority moves in battle royale is so frustrating. the amount of pokemon living with just 1 hp left is killing me inside. I don't want to start breeding until I get the destiny knot, but that is 48 BP and you only get 1-2 BP per battle :negative:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Mazerunner posted:

yeah there's one behind a truck in the fossil zone near lush jungle
poo poo, I had that but edited it out because I managed to convince myself it was a Fire Stone there.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Deified Data posted:

Lord knows I stuck up for Crabrawler when everyone was down on him for evolving too late to matter, but I'm kind of on that boat too. I fought through most of the game with him on my team (never even got to evolve him) and he was definitely a weak link.

His design is hands-down one of the best of the gen (his evo not so much) but power-wise he never stood out and they never did anything fun with his moveset.

His design is great. Mr Drunk has yet to make it out of the box for me.

I was pumped to be able to get Growlithe on the first island because he's my favorite even if I don't know how good he is.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Democratic Pirate posted:

I was pumped to be able to get Growlithe on the first island because he's my favorite even if I don't know how good he is.

Growlithe and Arcanine are consistently great.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Can someone check for me whether Necrozma is legal in battle spot/tree before I reset for nature?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

cheetah7071 posted:

Can someone check for me whether Necrozma is legal in battle spot/tree before I reset for nature?
Serebii lists it as banned in Battle Tree, they don't seem to have a Spot banlist but if it's shared, well, yeah.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Democratic Pirate posted:

I think people favor a defensive Arcanine for pvp stuff but in general Arcanine is a stalwart ally in the campaign

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Cool thanks. It's a third version legendary but it also has the same BST as garchomp so I wasn't sure

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Deified Data posted:

Restarted at the end of the third island because I wanted to go through the game with a better team and reroll for a better nature on my starter. :shepface:

Can't really explain how my mind works but I think I did the right thing.

That's really stupid since breeding is on the second island, and dittos are on the third.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Countblanc posted:

I think people favor a defensive Arcanine for pvp stuff but in general Arcanine is a stalwart ally in the campaign

There's a 90% chance I never venture into online activities with Pokémon (got it for a few 8 hour flights and holiday downtime), so that is good news. Between my Rowlet bro and Arcanine I've already locked in 1/3 of my party for the whole game.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Bewear is amazingly cute in Refresh. :3:

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Cover legendaries and mythicals are banned. Cover legendaries include zygarde and necrozma which don't appear on a cover but that's not stopping them

I just realized that sableye is immune to prankster

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Anyone playing Moon who hasn't caught all their Pheromosas yet: Can you save one uncaught for me to trade you a Buzzwole or Kartana for, once I'm off work later this evening? Unsure which Nature I want on it (almost surely Naughty, but maybe Naive) but not worried about IVs because lol bottle caps etc.

(just want it to smash the Tree with :shobon:)

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So what are the best grinding spots for every EV? Somehow I feel that fighting these machokes that keep buffing and then dual chopping my ghost owl isn't the most efficient strat.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

McDragon posted:

Bewear is amazingly cute in Refresh. :3:

Just be careful beware:

Bewear posted:

This Pokémon has the habit of hugging its companions. Many Trainers have left this world after their spines were squashed by its hug.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Has anyone caught all the Tapus that can do a dex trade? I'm trying to complete the Pokedex, but I want to soft reset for those guys which'll make it take longer.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

It took me way too long to realize that the last person you wonder traded with will chill in the festival plaza castle. Talking to them gives you a little FC and then the standard guest options. It's how I picked up some sweet glasses :coal:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Anyone playing Moon who hasn't caught all their Pheromosas yet: Can you save one uncaught for me to trade you a Buzzwole or Kartana for, once I'm off work later this evening? Unsure which Nature I want on it (almost surely Naughty, but maybe Naive) but not worried about IVs because lol bottle caps etc.

(just want it to smash the Tree with :shobon:)

I have two spare naive Pheromosas I was planning on exchanging for good-nature sun UBs.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Your Computer posted:

Just be careful beware:

James apparently getting one in the anime is funny, it's like Bewear was designed with his running joke in mind.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

cheetah7071 posted:

I have two spare naive Pheromosas I was planning on exchanging for good-nature sun UBs.
Good enough! Let me know what nature you want and whether you'd prefer Buzz or Kart.

e: and if you have a HA Sandshrew I will love you forever if you ship that along, I have a Vulpix if you need it!

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Does anyone know which patch of grass in Hau'oli is most likely to spawn a Grimer? I can get this thing to show up for the life of me

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Why does the game still only have 6 slots for your Pokémon, look at all these cuties I want to have on my team :(

(Also note my amazing type coverage no matter who I choose)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Good enough! Let me know what nature you want and whether you'd prefer Buzz or Kart.

e: and if you have a HA Sandshrew I will love you forever if you ship that along, I have a Vulpix if you need it!

Sent you a PM

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Scrap Dragon posted:

Does anyone know which patch of grass in Hau'oli is most likely to spawn a Grimer? I can get this thing to show up for the life of me

I caught one outside of the trainer school. Bulbapedia puts it at 20% spawn-rate.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Scrap Dragon posted:

I believe I got mine in the patch across the pokecenter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Quick question: what are the best natures for each UB?
Cos' I feel like if I'm gonna catch 'em, I should at least go for the good ones.