Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hot drat those changes. All the bad weapons I love sound so good now.

Lol at them being extremely insistent that cross bows and hand guns are slow weapons. I think they'll still see use. It makes the double mag trait better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

lmao did they really not buff the 1h axe for the dwarf, one of the most worthless weapons in the game

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Johnny Joestar posted:

lmao did they really not buff the 1h axe for the dwarf, one of the most worthless weapons in the game

They know that the Dwarf has better weapons so they just ignored it. At least Saltzpyre's bad weapon is not as bad anymore, and he's got another weapon... which seems to be based on the same moveset as Kruber's worst weapon, the arming sword.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Yet the arming sword is the best bw melee

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Arcsquad12 posted:

They know that the Dwarf has better weapons so they just ignored it. At least Saltzpyre's bad weapon is not as bad anymore, and he's got another weapon... which seems to be based on the same moveset as Kruber's worst weapon, the arming sword.

quote:

Increased attack speed
Increased damage of third light attack in chain
Increased number of targets hit by light attack(s)
Slightly increased attack speed

They improved the arming sword a bit. Dunno if any of that will make it good, but it is a thing.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Yet the arming sword is the best bw melee

Only if you don't have a mace. Kruber and Sienna maces are fantastic.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I thought I was the only one that liked her mace

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
All those friendly-fire additions are really going to hurt Sienna's ability to deal with swarms, especially if she brings the mace. So much for being able to save surrounded teammates by setting off a conflagration land mine under their feet.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
So uh what's the Active Reload they're talking about?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I shoot my team all the time. Depending on what the new values are the rats do more damage so I'm saving them health

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

My eyes went wide when I read that handguns now "stagger packmasters," because this means there is actually A Thing that can make that terrible enemy type get staggered now, and then they filled with tears when I realized this meant handguns will no longer kill packmasters on at least one difficulty.

Combined with nerfing reload speed and master crafted on a weapon whose strength is already determined by its reload speed, that sounds really goddamn painful. I do think master crafted is too important right now, but I wouldn't nerf the base reload speed and damage at the same time as nerfing master crafted

Lunethex, has the NDA expired and if so did you get to use the new weapons? Also, was the axe change significant? I'm glad they finally buffed the axe substantially but because they didn't buff targets hit, I feel like it will still be unusable unless it's bodyshotting clan rats on cataclysm.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Only if you don't have a mace. Kruber and Sienna maces are fantastic.

The wizard mace is rear end because it starts with a weak single-target hit that isn't good for anything in particular. The dwarf hammer and sgt mace open with CC swings while still having their charge attack to do fast single target damage.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
The new weapons won't be available until the DLC actually drops. Hedge said something about the inventory being a concern.

Also, Devastating Blow is still broken, but I guess this is now intentional. I can't push Stormvermin with Daggers.

Also my comment about Hagbane FF earlier is null. The AoE cloud still hurts us all and will continue to irritate me when people run into me as I fire. gently caress my life. At least when the mods work again I can just turn off my FF.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I shoot my team all the time. Depending on what the new values are the rats do more damage so I'm saving them health

The things they changed to do FF now all light targets on fire, which is way more serious than any other form of FF (short of the hagbane, which was buffed in that exact area). Dropping all of your teammates' accuracy to crap for 5 seconds will have consequences--I have missed some very clutch handgun shots because somebody shot me at the wrong time, and fire makes that danger even greater

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Grondoth posted:

So uh what's the Active Reload they're talking about?

something that makes the blunderbus very good

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Tentatively confirmed, Dev Blow is dead. Only shields can reliably push Stormvermin around now. Only other weapons that can stagger them now are 2-handers with DevBlow. Waste of a perk slot there. This hurts daggers more than most other weapons because they only use 1 stam to push and being able to control crowds with the Red Daggers was a neat gimmick.

I'm almost certain that the push range got nerfed too, even if only slightly. Things are just messy right now, and that trait being nerfed was ridiculous.

Anyway, modder got the new weapons. Falchion is orange, but the Red Pick's traits seem OK aside from KB. KB on a 1-rat-per-swing weapon ain't great.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Nov 25, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I only ever used it to make clouds of rats go far away anyway. Could never reliably push storms even with.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Staggering stormvermin has always been some weird-rear end inconsistent nonsense worse than poise in bloodborne, and I am not looking forward to that getting even worse

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Any word when these changes go out? I long for the day that the BW isn't forced into using the bolt staff because all other options are rubbish, though beam/conflag alt fires causing FF now is kind of hosed from a different direction. Bolt staff may still be the go to if only because the FF on beam/conflag is a absolutely stupid change that makes bad weapons worse.

Edit: Maybe fireball staff will be worth using...

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Digirat posted:

My eyes went wide when I read that handguns now "stagger packmasters," because this means there is actually A Thing that can make that terrible enemy type get staggered now, and then they filled with tears when I realized this meant handguns will no longer kill packmasters on at least one difficulty.

Combined with nerfing reload speed and master crafted on a weapon whose strength is already determined by its reload speed, that sounds really goddamn painful. I do think master crafted is too important right now, but I wouldn't nerf the base reload speed and damage at the same time as nerfing master crafted

One of the Fatshark community guys says on reddit that the reload thing was a mistake.

Fatshark_Hedge posted:

Handgun patch notes have been corrected. The Increase to reload time should have read Decrease.

So they nerfed Master Crafted and buffed the base handgun reload to partially compensate, if I understand correctly.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
even with shields i never really counted on staggering storms, lune's insistence upon infinite stunlock aside i have never been able to consistently push them out of a polearm overhead so i traditionally smack 'em, then dodge back anyway. devblow is for knocking swarms around and making slaves/clans fall on their asses and pant in exhaustion while we clean them up.

e: i'm also a big fan of using devblow to push hordes over ledges/into water so they die instantly, my only regret is that i can't proc bloodlust doing this

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

brocretin posted:

So they nerfed Master Crafted and buffed the base handgun reload to partially compensate, if I understand correctly.

:captainpop: that is a very different situation

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

brocretin posted:

Oh. Ok. That works for me.

I'm kind of disappointed that Saltzpyre got another weapon with this DLC. I was really hoping for a halberd or spear for Kruber. :smith: What will the warpick do that Bardin's two-handed hammer and axe don't?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Yeah if master crafted is the same speed at half strength then that's rad af

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Sienna got hurt the most by this patch, by far, especially by Fatshark's strange decision to add Friendly Fire to all weapons.

Friendly Fire may seem negligible when you shoot your buddy with your crossbow, but the damage isn't the issue: it's that when you take damage with a ranged weapon, your accuracy goes to poo poo. Now that Sienna's attacks ALL have friendly fire, and they are of the Damage-over-Time variety, that means she is now more of a threat to the team than ever before, in complete defiance of her role as the party's main support class. She is a complete liability now more than capable of getting someone killed by making them miss an important shot on a Packmaster, Gutter Runner, or god help you a Stormvermin in a horde. Taking damage can also make it harder to switch weapons, which has happened a couple times as the elf. I get hit when trying to switch weapons then end up firing my bow four times and poisoning my face off.

The Beam and Conflagration staff are now, theoretically, doomed to ruin the team more than the other weapons especially in the more claustrophobic maps. She's more of a threat to the team than the rats now, unless you're using the Bolt Staff which did get nerfed but maybe got picked up a bit more again. I dunno, but it's still the only staff that the bot can even use and I'm sure the only one people will still be using. Now that the conflagration staff, at full charge, leaves a fire patch on the ground, that's more damage the team is taking. Also, a fully charge conflagration attack is 1/3rd the heat charge.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Lunethex posted:

The Beam and Conflagration staff are now, theoretically, doomed to ruin the team more than the other weapons especially in the more claustrophobic maps. She's more of a threat to the team than the rats now, unless you're using the Bolt Staff which did get nerfed but maybe got picked up a bit more again. I dunno, but it's still the only staff that the bot can even use and I'm sure the only one people will still be using. Now that the conflagration staff, at full charge, leaves a fire patch on the ground, that's more damage the team is taking. Also, a fully charge conflagration attack is 1/3rd the heat charge.

The bolt staff is basically still in the same position it's in for her, that being "Best by default". Not so much because it's a good weapon, but because her other choices are now downright poo poo.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

If you're in beam blast range you're in melee range. I think you're really over blowing it.

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

I have the suspicion they want to get the other characters' weapon rosters up to size before they add more weapons for Bardin or Kruber. Currently the weapons-per-character count is pretty lopsided. The pick is probably an exception to this because the DLC is literally a Dwarfhold.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

If you're in beam blast range you're in melee range. I think you're really over blowing it.

The beam staffs blast worked because you could hide behind a dwarf/sergeant shield and immolate packs through your team, minimizing your exposure. Now you have to be the one in front during a horde, exposing you to counterattacks. You for loving sure didn't take it for the beam part of the weapon which was about as threatening as peeing on the enemy for as much damage as it did. The Right click/left click to send a blast down your beam never worked all that well because A) the enemy is probably already staggering from the initial beam hit, meaning you miss about as often as you hit and B) it gave you a shitload of heat and couldn't be chained terribly well.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
Well, I guess I'm glad I stopped playing this game a while ago. :rip: Sienna

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

At this point they should just seriously consider putting all of Sienna's spells on a single staff.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Pfft maybe you don't. I like the beam a lot. And I typically used the blast to get rats of myself. I can melee behind the dwarf and not have seconds of down time every few rats.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

This is about to be a lightning deal on amazon for PS4/Xbone. Are there goons plating it on consoles?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I thought I was the only one that liked her mace

Sienna's mace BATTLE SCEPTER is good.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Night10194 posted:

Sienna's mace BATTLE SCEPTER is good.

is there some joke i've been missing for over a year about this

i'm curious now

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Lunethex posted:

is there some joke i've been missing for over a year about this

i'm curious now

Her white Battle Scepter has a description of how it looks like a mace, fights like a mace, but she insists it's a BATTLE SCEPTER. Because Wizards.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Also it has a different move set so it's clearly not a mace!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

kinda wish sienna would get a new weapon of some sort

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
These patch notes are kind of bull poo poo because I don't know what they're saying half the time and have incomplete info the other half. "Tweaked" this and "changed" that. The gently caress does that mean? "Increased" this and "added targets" that - yeah OK give me some damned NUMBERS to work with here. Uggghh I'm gonna need new spreadsheets so bad.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

kinda wish sienna would get a new weapon of some sort

Flame Cage/Flaming Sword of Rhuin staff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

A swing that hits 2 rats is not even in the same zip code as a fiery apocalypse that lights every single rat in the area on fire as they scream MAKE IT STOOOOPPPPP

Seriously I played with a wizard not long ago who didn't realize that the conflagration staff blast doesn't cause FF (at the time :argh:) so she played 1 game never really using it. Then she became three times as useful the next game because we mentioned the lack of FF (at the time :argh:) and she actually started using it regularly. Way more kills, way better crowd control.

Without staffs the wizard is basically a lovely sergeant running around with his worst melee weapon, and without his (soon-to-be unseated :argh:) god gun. If you nerf her staffs you pretty much nerf the whole class directly.

• Locked thread