Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Pissflaps posted:

Did anybody else watch The Missing last night?

I forgot it was on I'm going to watch it right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Stare-Out posted:

Luckily no one was hurt. Except Michael, who died.

Nomad is fantastic.

He also managed to avoid Lynn's name again.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Pissflaps posted:

Did anybody else watch The Missing last night?

I've just now caught up with it this afternoon. Bleak...dragged a bit. Julien is turning into Basil Fawlty the way he's slowly but surely incriminating himself there towards the end of the episode

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

Paperhouse posted:

Are you sure your brain was functioning correctly when you wrote this sentence

I've lived a rich life.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.

McDragon posted:

"You don't deserve to live" is probably the best individual Jamie line.

Best Jamie line is from In The Loop and it's 'Humpty Dumpty sat on his collapsing wall like a clueless egg oval office.'

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

StoneOfShame posted:

Best Jamie line is from In The Loop and it's 'Humpty Dumpty sat on his collapsing wall like a clueless egg oval office.'

*Humpty Numpty. That dialogue has so many layers.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

the bit about being the only political fuckup visible from space is a good one too

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

The best Jamie line is all of them.

Its kind of like Alan Partridge in that respect. Whats the best Alan Partridge material? All of it. Its all good, you'll never go wrong.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
I've just stumbled across The Martin Lewis Money Show on ITV and it's all a bit weird. A crazy man is stood in front of a large board predicting when different businesses will have sales and what the discounts will be.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gorn Myson posted:

Its kind of like Alan Partridge in that respect. Whats the best Alan Partridge material? All of it. Its all good, you'll never go wrong.

As far as Steve Coogan one-off roles go, I love Sinn Fein on helium.

How great would it have been if there'd been a sketch where he teamed up with William Ulsterman?

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

Pablo Bluth posted:

A crazy man is stood in front of a large board predicting when different businesses will have sales and what the discounts will be.

This pretty much sums up the Steam thread in Games.

Fatty fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Nov 23, 2016

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Hah, there is a section in this Vice video that I could swear was from 'People Just Do Nothing', skip to about 6 minutes in, it's glorious.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=zZMETFXFE24

Eta my baby is not as glorious as this clip. That's what you get for phone posting

Rondette fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Nov 25, 2016

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Anybody else here been watching The Missing?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Oh yes. I'm curious how it all comes together though. Hoping Baptiste recovers and goes back to being a silver fox again.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I wonder if he'll get round to wiping his lovely arse. His derriere du merde you might say.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Rondette posted:

Hah, there is a section in this Vice video that I could swear was from 'People Just Do Nothing', skip to about 6 minutes in, it's glorious
Is the Vice video meant to be a one minute clip of your new born baby?

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Paperhouse posted:

Is the Vice video meant to be a one minute clip of your new born baby?

Haha gently caress, just edited that. The link should work now.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
haha, that's even stupider than I was expecting

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Those people make drugs that other people take. :stare:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
It went from hilarious to just horrifying when you remember that people can die from this stuff.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
"Why aren't you putting PMA in the pills?" - an idiot fucker from Vice

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

Anybody else here been watching The Missing?

Yup -- I watched the first half of this week's episode over breakfast this morning around 5am, commuted in to school and that, and then snuck in the second half in my office. Got caught by a couple of colleagues because even though I had my headphones on, I did a Father Ted 'loving hell' at that final reveal.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Hardly an ideal way of watching a gripping, immersive drama like The Missing.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug
Sorry, The What?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'm watching The Missing RIGHT NOW.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
I'm missing The Missing

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

Hardly an ideal way of watching a gripping, immersive drama like The Missing.

True -- usually I save it for Friday evenings so I can watch quietly in my dark, cosy lair away from students and people and that.

Still. Even under those less than ideal viewing circs, I think my reaction would have remained the same:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEvUt2kUg0c

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

StoneOfShame posted:

I love the Thick of It but I always thought Jamie was a step too far and came off as unreal. I dunno if there's really people doing what he did but Malcolm worked for me and he really didn't.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Taear posted:

I love the Thick of It but I always thought Jamie was a step too far and came off as unreal. I dunno if there's really people doing what he did but Malcolm worked for me and he really didn't.

I felt the same, Malcolm was angry man but Got poo poo Done, and you could see why he was going off on people. Jamie just shouted a lot.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Can't stop thinking about the chilling end of the latest instalment of thrilling mystery drama The Missing. I'm having a lot of fun imagining what could happen next I fully expect lovely arse French ex cop Baptiste to be vindicated.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Red Oktober posted:

I felt the same, Malcolm was angry man but Got poo poo Done, and you could see why he was going off on people. Jamie just shouted a lot.

He really does try to ape Malcolm and his tactics but really just comes off a two bit angry Scot. Remember his failure of king making in the first special now?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Taear posted:

Well, Malcolm's meant to be a perpetually angry version of Alistair Campbell, isn't he? So you just need to work out who the poo poo version of Alistair Campbell is and you've got Jamie.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

He picked Geoff . GEOFF.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Watching Adrian Chiles call black footballers "wogs" to their face is pretty cringe stuff, even though he's a good lad who doesn't mean any harm probably

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
So last night I had the pleasure of the company of my writer friend and I don't know how to break it to the thread but here goes: Never Mind The Buzzcocks is scripted to within an inch of it's life. Even the stand ups on the show have a script which they don't write. There is a little leeway for ad libs, but it's very, very rare. So all that spontaneity you see is all in the script. Also, most stand ups don't write any of their own material

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine
How come there are episodes where comedians that appear on it never get a chance to interject? Like that one with Charlie Brooker where he never said much more than two sentences.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

The shows I've been to that have later been aired often have a lot cut out - they'll film near on an hour for a 25-30 minute show, and take out whatever doesn't work before airing. Could be a situation like that.

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.
Adam Buxton mentioned something similar about Buzzcocks on his podcast - saying how the writers went through the script and the videos with them and giving them jokes and observations to make.

Phil Jupitus has also discussed how he only did/does the show for easy cash and how it's just reading a script.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
There are too many comedian on television as it is. I applaud any attempt at silencing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Adam Buxton said they basically just get fed the lines beforehand: http://adam-buxton.co.uk/ad/2006/12/07/humiliating-tv-appearance-news/

I assume it's the same with most panel shows. I can't imagine the non-comedian guests can churn out one liners under pressure.