Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystery Steve
Nov 9, 2006
Fun Shoe
Managed to pre order a copy of In Glorious Times. Quite happy about this, I came across the band by chance a month ago and was disappointed they'd never released anything on vinyl but literally wihthin two weeks they announce theyre pressing their catalog.

Pre ordered the new eno album today too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Mystery Steve posted:

Pre ordered the new eno album today too.

What? Another one already?

Mystery Steve
Nov 9, 2006
Fun Shoe
Reflection http://warp.net/releases/brian-eno-reflection/

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

Dudebros, I've got a nice set of powered monitors going into my audio interface, and I've inherited a bunch of vinyl - it would appear unless I want to perma-sacrifice one of the inputs on my interface, I'm going to need to go the traditional route of a turntable and hi-fi amp. Before I go down that route, I just wanted to be sure?

My interface is a Scarlett 2i2 (xlr/phono x2 input, 2x unbalanced RCA pair out/1x balanced phono pair out) connected to my computer via USB, and to my Alesis M1 monitors via balanced phono (they also have balanced XLR in).

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
Experimedia has stock available of the last Caretaker album + the repress of An Empty Bliss; as with all Caretaker records I recommend making a move ASAP.

EDIT: Anyone else ordering the Gas box? That's looking like a strong contender for reissue of the year (along with E2-E4 & Emmylou Harris' Wrecking Ball), although it's a bit disheartening to hear that they futzed around with the tracks rather than restore them to their original mixes.

trdn89 fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Nov 17, 2016

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time
I'd asked for one of the GAS boxsets and was at the store yesterday and said he would have it in later that day :doh: I'm not too worried about the edits, I think the comp Nah und Fern had some subtle edits to those tracks too.
I'll head down and pick it up tomorrow- Fridays are fun because people bring beer and hang out with the owner

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
god dammit, my Gas box got delayed for like a month. not available on Experimedia anymore either. and I was really looking forward to a nice soothing evening of blasting some Gas, too.

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
picked up mine today, can't wait to listen to the cds :twisted:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I finally bought a Spin Clean thing and washed all of my records, it took like 2 weeks doing them in small batches. It was a lot of time but I am so very happy with the results.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Peas and Rice posted:

Some of the po-mo effects are kind of neat (the Ikea room scene), but yes, that's correct.

Unless you're a 17-year-old MRA I guess.

It still holds up as satire, you're not supposed to take its message or edgelord posturing seriously.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
It's been awhile since I've posted here, so here comes a big pile of unpleasant poo poo!

Nails - Unsilent Death.

Nails - You Will Never Be One of Us.

Vile Creature - A Steady Descent Into the Soil.

Mizmor - Untitled Winter EP.

Urzeit - Anmoksha.

Brain Tentacles - Brain Tentacles.

Our Place of Worship is Silence - The Embodiment of Hate.

Gorguts - Pleiades' Dust.

Deathspell Omega - The Synarchy of Molten Bones.

Immortal Bird - Empress/Abscess.

Sea of Bones/Ramlord split.

Death - The Sound of Perseverance.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
How's the Brain Tentacles?

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
It's pretty cool. Avant-garde jazz with noise and metal elements (including heavy vocals on some of the tracks). It gets pretty spirited and fun, though there's also some slower, dark tracks in there. The vinyl itself is very nice, sounds great and the packaging is really good, as you'd expect from Relapse. The album is up on Relapse's Youtube page if you want to check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYKJtJeVYyw

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Richard Christie looks like such a kid in that picture.

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Also grabbed a Smokey cassette on Friday, I'm not good with digital content and he's local so thought I'd share here. Kinda alt-country like Palace or Smog

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Bargain bins, birthday, and a surprise from amazon.

Elton John's second album. Its got a couple good songs. A little on the bombastic side but it was only a couple bucks.

Shhh by Ten Years After. Nice psych heavy blues. Good friend gave it to me for my birthday. He bought it on the cover alone and the album is pretty cool.

Piiptsjilling is one I grabbed for three bux from that Experimedia sale. I liked it best outta that bunch. Nice ambient stuff.

Been waiting for Skull Flower from Sun Angle for a bit. Dude I know is in the band and I like to support local bands but I did have to go the Amazon route cause it was sold out or not carried everywhere I looked. Heavy modern psychedelic stuff.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I went to an old antique/junk store downtown for the first time in awhile and some of the booths upped their vinyl game a bit, plus they were on sale!

The Allman Bros, At Fillmore East, Who's Next, Yaz, 10cc

ELO, McCartney x2, Genesis

Alan Parson's Project, The Flying Burrito Brothers and 10cc again

now just have to clean them up, light up and enjoy the sweet sound of the 70s and 80s

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
I picked up an old copy of McCartney II a few months back and I won't lie, it's probably my most-played record. Love me a bit of Temporary Secretary.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!

Creature posted:

I picked up an old copy of McCartney II a few months back and I won't lie, it's probably my most-played record. Love me a bit of Temporary Secretary.

I think I like the music video for "Coming Up" more than the actual song purely for McCartney dressed as Ron Mael.

But yes Temporary Secretary is the finest DEVO song they never made. (Maybe 2nd to Dare to Be Stupid)

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Coming Up was the song that influenced John Lennon to write music again, so it gave us that.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Pipes of Peace is one of my favorite records. I don't know if it's underrated but I never hear anything about it.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
The AT-LP120 is currently $229.99 on Amazon. Any chance it's going to get any cheaper anywhere else?

pfs Write
Jun 29, 2014

get/save/remove

Cemetry Gator posted:

Coming Up was the song that influenced John Lennon to write music again, so it gave us that.

along with rock lobster

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

ELO, McCartney x2, Genesis

Look at the back of that ELO album. See the guy with the sword?

It's this guy:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Peas and Rice posted:

The AT-LP120 is currently $229.99 on Amazon. Any chance it's going to get any cheaper anywhere else?
probably not

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Peas and Rice posted:

Use the Barnes and Noble code? That should bring it down to 209ish. 30% off a single item. BNBFRIDAY16

Edit: I think the code is only good til tomorrow.

sporklift fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Nov 24, 2016

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Wouldn't that take it down to $160ish?

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Geoff Zahn posted:

Wouldn't that take it down to $160ish?

Nah. Barnes and Noble has it for 299 so 30% off that. I wish I could use their codes on amazon....

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

sporklift posted:

Use the Barnes and Noble code? That should bring it down to 209ish. 30% off a single item. BNBFRIDAY16

Edit: I think the code is only good til tomorrow.

Oh yeah, perfect. For some reason I tend to forget Barnes and Noble sells vinyl and vinyl accessories. Thanks!

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

So anyone bother with Black Friday Record Store Day? I went in with only one specific release I really wanted, and walked out with another RSD release and a few other finds.

First, the one release I wanted to actually get at RSD, and I say this with a bit of shame:

Hey now, it's become a holiday staple in my household. I've actually been on the lookout for a used CD copy in a bargain-basement bin, so this is actually pretty nice. As nice as vinyl that looks like this...

...can be, anyways. And yes, that sticker is correct, it does smell. Thankfully it doesn't smell like poo poo. Not sure what it is, really, kind of reminds me a bit of tootsie rolls although maybe that's just what my brain wants it to smell like. It's faint enough that I'm sure it'll dissipate entirely in a month, so no biggie.

I also picked up this Black Friday RSD release that I somehow overlooked when I was going through the list:

Haven't listened to it yet, but I'm digging dat artwork. Erykah is pretty swell, too.
In-post Edit: Listening to it now, it's good. She has some things to say about phones with this album.

Now to the other stuff:

A promo 7" from the animated film "Plague Dogs." If you ever saw Watership Down, it's done by the same people, and like Watership Down, it probably inflicted much childhood trauma in the early 80s.

The b-side to this single is "I Don't Feel No Pain No More (Time and Tide)," a song that begins a little bluesy but quickly turns into a gospel number about how happy it is that all your pain and suffering has come to an end, because you've fallen into the sweet embrace of death.

This movie is about two doggies and the adventures they make! As they escape from an animal testing lab after possibly being infected with bubonic plague Fun for the whole family, really. I highly recommend it.

Next from the clearance bin I grabbed this 10" from a previous RSD, 2013 I think:

Earlier this year I picked up Robert Glasper's album "Everything is Beautiful," where he remixes Miles Davis songs into hip hop beats. It's loving great, and I hoped this would be more of the same. Thankfully it is, although this time it's Glasper jazz numbers getting the remix treatment.

Lastly here's something I'd been keeping an eye out for a while now:

And hey, it's pretty festive when you put it alongside the Robert Glasper EP!

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
drat I forgot about black friday record store day. I don't remember seeing anything particularly thrilling to me on there but maybe I should go to my shop and check it out.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I wanted the In This Moment RSD album. Went to 3 different record stores and not a single one even received one. Bummer.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

sporklift posted:

Nah. Barnes and Noble has it for 299 so 30% off that. I wish I could use their codes on amazon....

Oh, gotcha. Completely missread that as B&N having it for 229 for some reason.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
I did do Black Friday record store, but my local shop didn't participate. Instead they sold all their rare stuff they have been collecting personally. Basically the owner of the shop let us shop his personal collection. I grabbed these.

I know they aren't anything special collecting wise, but I am so happy. I have been wanting that Kid Koala for a while, and yes I know I could buy it on discogs but I like finding things out in the "wild"

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
I grabbed the Bob & Doug single and the Muddy Waters LP, plus the Sesame Street album for my kiddo. And the Chinatown soundtrack because it's actually pretty good and I can use it as background music for gaming.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Flaggy posted:

I did do Black Friday record store, but my local shop didn't participate. Instead they sold all their rare stuff they have been collecting personally. Basically the owner of the shop let us shop his personal collection. I grabbed these.

I know they aren't anything special collecting wise, but I am so happy. I have been wanting that Kid Koala for a while, and yes I know I could buy it on discogs but I like finding things out in the "wild"

Nice. It's way cooler to find stuff in the wild. Found my Quasimoto that I had been looking for cheap a couple weeks ago.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Alan Parson's Project, The Flying Burrito Brothers and 10cc again

now just have to clean them up, light up and enjoy the sweet sound of the 70s and 80s

That APP record is massively underrated. Probably my favorite thing from them.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Ballz posted:

Lastly here's something I'd been keeping an eye out for a while now:

the one true christmas record, I'm so glad it's finally the time of year where I can play this without having to hate myself.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

40% off spinclean. Free shipping. Ends Monday I think.

https://spincleanrecordwasher.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Figured I check here before I open it up to Discogs, but I'm selling my *SEALED* copy of Between the Buried and Me - Colors. It's the bubblegum pink version. Looking to get $45 for it.