Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

snakeandbake posted:

Israel crazy so what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet
So is dragonlordfrodo for real? I really can't tell if he's an act or not. If he is real its godawful.

:nws: It literally starts out with his dick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVkF2tMkkhI
:nws:

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet
I'm not joking, do not view this video unless you want to see his penis.

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

yo rear end is grass posted:

I'm the bottle of water held like a knife
Who these kids? They look fun.
E: not conservatives. Local Marxists. Also this:
https://store.strangefamousrecords.com/products/b-dolan-make-racists-afraid-again-hat-pre-order
<3 B Dolan. Earthmovers best song ever.

Nichol has a new favorite as of 02:11 on Nov 25, 2016

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

yo rear end is grass posted:

I'm the bottle of water held like a knife

Tactical Thirst.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

JaggerMcDagger posted:

I'm not joking, do not view this video unless you want to see his penis.

And yet the most offensive thing on it is the quality of the audio.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I wouldn't be surprised to see that on my Facebook feed if I didn't take the thread's advice and unfriended him.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
Holy poo poo, my eyes just glazed over and skipped right past this the first time because I just assumed it was your standard bible-based gay-bashing idiocy, but no. No, this is next-level idiocy

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

This has to be a parody. "B" for "Black?" Has to be photoshopped.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Dogfish posted:

This has to be a parody. "B" for "Black?" Has to be photoshopped.

It is, the a is cloned but the C and K are slightly different.

Yes I am fun at parties.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Public post by Clementine Ford.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Zipperelli. posted:

Just out of curiosity, since all this alt-right poo poo has begun, has any legit white pride/nationalism sprung up and given their .02? I don't mean dying groups like the KKK, and basement dwelling shitlords who are just trying to be edgy, but I mean groups that legit kill people for being gay/black/whatever.

I'm talking people who are affiliated with groups like the Aryan Nation, Aryan Brotherhood, National Alliance, Volksfront, etc etc.

Yes, we all know that Trump has a racist as gently caress following, but as someone who has (unfortunately) had close dealings with ACTUAL loving hate groups, the majority of these fucks just look like assholes trying to fit in, and with no actual knowledge of these groups. For instance, the video of the idiots hailing Trump. They really don't look like white supremacists, more like college-aged fuckboys trying to be cool.

So just dipping in because this is my area of study: You can make a solid argument for the current iteration of the alt-right as having been birthed by a specific off shoot of traditional white nationalism. The seeds were sown years ago when David Duke put on a suit, but the genesis of the current alt-right is in a number of speeches made by Derek Black, the son of Don Black, the founder of Stormfront. In these speeches he outlines the concept of a "soft" white supremacy/nationalism, concealing the ideals of white supremacy within ideas that are already accepted by mainstream conservatism. He argued that they should, for instance, instead of arguing for mass deportation and murder of other races, argue for strong immigration control, influence people to marry other white people in order to maintain cultural traditions and stuff in that vein.

At this point though the "true" neo-nazis like the ones you talk about are all in rapid decline and barely exist these days compared to their previous numbers. All of the major groups are shadows of their former selves. The Hammerskin Nation is still hanging on, but Volksfront is basically gone, the National Alliance is basically reduced to three dudes arguing over who owns the rights to the name and a mailing list of a few hundred people, the AB gave up straight line traditional racism a long time ago as they morphed into a true prison gang and now have ties with many black and Mexican gangs, the Aryan Nations barely exists since it's been through several major schisms along religious lines/disagreements and it's run by one dude out of his basement.

Basically traditional violence oriented white power groups are in harsh decline right now. White power skinhead membership is at an all time low, even a lot of formerly whites only motorcycle gangs are letting in people of other races now because they need recruits. Militias are really where the violence oriented white nationalists are gathering, but most of the crazies building shelters in places like the American Redoubt and the south west don't consider themselves white nationalists, just survivalists who only care about saving white people.

I used to see Volksfront dudes everywhere growing up, they used to be real strong here in Oregon. When I was a teenager I got into several fights with those guys, usually at shows up in Portland, I still have scars on my hand from where a skinhead bit down on it. It's a good thing that they managed to get forced out and disbanded, they were some real terrible people and they were working really hard to get white power going in Oregon. Say what you will about FSU, but in the waning days of both FSU and VF they sent guys down from Seattle and had a straight up parking lot brawl with VF outside of a concert at the Roseland right in the middle of downtown PDX. It certainly kept VF away from metal/hardcore/punk shows for a good year after that as well, and so we didn't have to worry about my friends girlfriend coming with us to shows (she was black).

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Thanks for that post, good stuff.

On the subject of Oregon, this week's dollop is on topic

http://thedollop.libsyn.com/221-oregon-and-the-ku-klux-klan

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Don Black, the founder of Stormfront

:v:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Interesting stuff
If I remember correctly, didn't Derek Black renounce white nationalism and become quite liberal after going to college and actually speaking with non-white, non-christian people? I remember reading an article about it and sympathizing with him a lot, he's a really smart, empathetic dude who just grew up in the most insane possible environment and is now really ashamed of poo poo he's said.

fake edit: This one

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

If I remember correctly, didn't Derek Black renounce white nationalism and become quite liberal after going to college and actually speaking with non-white, non-christian people? I remember reading an article about it and sympathizing with him a lot, he's a really smart, empathetic dude who just grew up in the most insane possible environment and is now really ashamed of poo poo he's said.

fake edit: This one

He did, and that article is fantastic.

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

Ironically a really good example of bi erasure.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

dregan posted:

Ironically a really good example of bi erasure.

Yeah, I have seen this posted several times on fb lately and I respond about how bis are erased so bad that people don't even know to hate us anymore :downs:

verymoldy
May 23, 2004

Yeah, it's just a phase though so I wouldn't worry about it. :smuggo:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
My mom alerted me to this one and was gracious enough to add me to the group so I could share it on an internet forum. She is part of one of those local small town Facebook groups where people post updates about what's going on around town and things of that nature. Except for this woman.

(Social Fixer turned her into Faye Daway in this reply thread)

Unfortunately the post was deleted before I could get to the real highlights, which included her saying "I came here for your support, not your negative loving comments!" and "oh right, I forgot, you're all Trump supporters." Given my hometown, they probably are Trump supporters, but everyone was trying their best to be empathetic while gently explaining that this Facebook group was not the forum for such a discussion. They were acting like the exact opposite of stereotypical Trump supporters.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

What actually happened?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

What actually happened?

She never explained what happened beyond some kid faking his own death and upsetting her autistic child. She says "if it didn't affect your family, then stop posting," but literally nobody was affected by it except for her family, so I don't know what she expects.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Is Autism contagious? Because I see a lot of moms of autistic kids that can be pretty :spergin: in their own suburban mom kind of way.

:byodame: ":words: my son has autism!"

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Panfilo posted:

Is Autism contagious? Because I see a lot of moms of autistic kids that can be pretty :spergin: in their own suburban mom kind of way.

:byodame: ":words: my son has autism!"

I mean, no joke, there actually is some serious speculation that autism does have a genetic component, IIRC.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
http://imgur.com/gallery/Xgwj9

quote:

So I'm a shift leader at a fast food restaurant that was open all day Thanksgiving (yesterday), and yes, my skin color is very pale. It all started when she was mad that I hadn't scheduled all African-Americans off for Martin Luther King Jr day 10 months ago, and repeatedly said "we folk shouldn't work that day, cause it's our day." And she led a protest trying to get all of my Black Employees to quit/not show up for MLK Jr day.

So when I made the schedule for Thanksgiving, I put her down for 11am- 8pm. There were no African-Americans at the first Thanksgiving, so I didn't think she'd mind.

I don't feel too dickish though cause I was there from 5pm til 6am this morning, and going back in at 9am til whenever.

You sure showed that guy...

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Ularg posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/Xgwj9

You sure showed that guy...

This is stdh.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Avenging_Mikon posted:

This is stdh.

There's a reason the threads were blended together that one time.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Ignoring the STDH, though... I'd think it'd at least be semi-plausible that the Puritans brought over some slaves.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

Ignoring the STDH, though... I'd think it'd at least be semi-plausible that the Puritans brought over some slaves.

Eh, slavery never really took off in the British Isles themselves. Rich families from London had black "servants" but I don't see a bunch of religious extremists from north having had the money or social status to acquire slaves.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Baron Corbyn posted:

Eh, slavery never really took off in the British Isles themselves. Rich families from London had black "servants" but I don't see a bunch of religious extremists from north having had the money or social status to acquire slaves.

Was watching some movie that takes place in Britain in the early 1800s, and it was interesting how the one black servant acted. He kept referring to himself as a slave, and his bitterness over it was a driving plot point, but when it comes out to the noble he worked for, the noble was shocked and confused by it.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

RFC2324 posted:

Was watching some movie that takes place in Britain in the early 1800s, and it was interesting how the one black servant acted. He kept referring to himself as a slave, and his bitterness over it was a driving plot point, but when it comes out to the noble he worked for, the noble was shocked and confused by it.

And that movie was called "12 Years a Knave".

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

So just dipping in because this is my area of study: You can make a solid argument for the current iteration of the alt-right as having been birthed by a specific off shoot of traditional white nationalism. The seeds were sown years ago when David Duke put on a suit, but the genesis of the current alt-right is in a number of speeches made by Derek Black, the son of Don Black, the founder of Stormfront. In these speeches he outlines the concept of a "soft" white supremacy/nationalism, concealing the ideals of white supremacy within ideas that are already accepted by mainstream conservatism. He argued that they should, for instance, instead of arguing for mass deportation and murder of other races, argue for strong immigration control, influence people to marry other white people in order to maintain cultural traditions and stuff in that vein.

At this point though the "true" neo-nazis like the ones you talk about are all in rapid decline and barely exist these days compared to their previous numbers. All of the major groups are shadows of their former selves. The Hammerskin Nation is still hanging on, but Volksfront is basically gone, the National Alliance is basically reduced to three dudes arguing over who owns the rights to the name and a mailing list of a few hundred people, the AB gave up straight line traditional racism a long time ago as they morphed into a true prison gang and now have ties with many black and Mexican gangs, the Aryan Nations barely exists since it's been through several major schisms along religious lines/disagreements and it's run by one dude out of his basement.

Basically traditional violence oriented white power groups are in harsh decline right now. White power skinhead membership is at an all time low, even a lot of formerly whites only motorcycle gangs are letting in people of other races now because they need recruits. Militias are really where the violence oriented white nationalists are gathering, but most of the crazies building shelters in places like the American Redoubt and the south west don't consider themselves white nationalists, just survivalists who only care about saving white people.

I used to see Volksfront dudes everywhere growing up, they used to be real strong here in Oregon. When I was a teenager I got into several fights with those guys, usually at shows up in Portland, I still have scars on my hand from where a skinhead bit down on it. It's a good thing that they managed to get forced out and disbanded, they were some real terrible people and they were working really hard to get white power going in Oregon. Say what you will about FSU, but in the waning days of both FSU and VF they sent guys down from Seattle and had a straight up parking lot brawl with VF outside of a concert at the Roseland right in the middle of downtown PDX. It certainly kept VF away from metal/hardcore/punk shows for a good year after that as well, and so we didn't have to worry about my friends girlfriend coming with us to shows (she was black).

Glad someone else pointed out Derek Black's spectacular about-face, but I also wanted to add something to this.

The above accounts for the racist/white nationalist component of the alt-right. But I think the reddit/#chan substrate that it grew on is basically the same thing that about ten years ago was calling itself South Park Republicans. Young hip kids who buy into the "The truth is in the middle" thing, who aren't religious in the slightest but are willing to be dismissive of race or gender issues out of what they think of as "reason" or "logic". These guys spent the 2000s saying that racism is over (lol, "Token Black"), that transgenderism isn't real (Mrs. Garrison/dolphin), that gays bring hate crimes on themselves and should toughen up (Mr. Slave), and that you shouldn't be a Stupid Spoiled Whore.

There was never an actual racist component to this "platform", but it was a comfortable place for people to go who said "hey, none of those people's problems have anything to do with me, just let me do my thing and don't bug me with your SJW poo poo". And I guess it was only a matter of time before some of them started posting those unpopular opinion tiger memes and saying "hey, maybe there's a reason different races have different amounts of success in society, I mean unless you want to deny ~scientific data~".

I haven't watched South Park myself in years, but I suppose I should try to get a bead on whether Trey and Matt have cottoned on to the movement they've spawned, or if they've just doubled down on it.`

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Waterbed Wendy posted:

And that movie was called "12 Years a Knave".

And his name was.. Albert Einstein

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

RFC2324 posted:

"B-But, I assure you I think no less of you nor treat you any worse than I would an Irishman!"

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

goose willis posted:

And his name was.. Albert Einstein

Stephen Black actually. The show was jonathan strange and mr norrell if you want to check it out.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

RFC2324 posted:

Stephen Black actually. The show was jonathan strange and mr norrell if you want to check it out.
You could also read the very excellent book by Susanna Clarke instead.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

RFC2324 posted:

Doesn't he become the fairy king by the end anyways?

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Dragging out something from a page or so ago, but I don't get the toilet seat thing. I'm a gay guy. I have never gone to piss or poo poo without checking the toilet seat status. I don't get why leaving the seat up is a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

RNG posted:

Dragging out something from a page or so ago, but I don't get the toilet seat thing. I'm a gay guy. I have never gone to piss or poo poo without checking the toilet seat status. I don't get why leaving the seat up is a thing.

Because Women shouldn't have to look, and all men should be good upstanding gentlemen, putting the seat down for them every time. :biotruths: