Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
But there's already a skull watch themed indie game on itch.io, it's also got a ghost ship.
https://dukope.itch.io/return-of-the-obra-dinn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Wheany posted:

I really hated specific pieces of garbage being super loving valuable crafting materials while they had whole cars just lying everywhere and an office building full of stuff. Oh no, but this bottle and this brick are really useful for some reason.

To be fair, for the crafting materials themselves they did at least try to switch it up. There are a number of different alcohol bottles, a couple different models for duct tape, and a couple different things that can be blades (like scissors, or boxes of nails).

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
the most unrealistic thing in TLoU was the metal pipe breaking after like 8 uses. I did like that you could just duct tape some scissors/nails to it, though, and then you just have a sharp, death pipe to gently caress people up with.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I kinda wish Nate was more down this area, compared to Sam's more general excitement, but this really is a really well done area. It's small enough where you aren't wandering forever but big enough where it feels open.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Thesaya posted:

There are wet footprints when he gets on the boat though, unless I am imagining that.

Yeah, but only footprints. That's what made it so noticeable, you'd be shedding a whole bunch of water onto the deck.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
There are a couple other Marco Polo spots in the open boating area, with different dialogue if you go to more than one of them.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Hey Uncharted 4 DLC multiplayer is getting a huge update Horde mode that some news sites will be talking about. For those worried I can confirm that there are no *spoilers in the trailer and while it is safe to watch you might still not want any Youtube search history messing up Uncharted 4 for anyone. None the less I'll post the trailer for those curious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pajI_GSiLtA

* I loving lied, Dread Lord Adam Baldridge hungers for your booty

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Hey Uncharted 4 DLC multiplayer is getting a huge update Horde mode that some news sites will be talking about. For those worried I can confirm that there are no *spoilers in the trailer and while it is safe to watch you might still not want any Youtube search history messing up Uncharted 4 for anyone. None the less I'll post the trailer for those curious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pajI_GSiLtA

* I loving lied, Dread Lord Adam Baldridge hungers for your booty

I put the video into Polsy so you guys don't have to worry about spoiler videos also popping up.

https://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DpajI_GSiLtA

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

I put the video into Polsy so you guys don't have to worry about spoiler videos also popping up.

https://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DpajI_GSiLtA

Just to keep in mind that stuff after the 1:00 mark is probably spoiler-territory.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
I remember this recording night! It turned out pretty cool in the end, so I made a whole episode about it!

Podbean / RSS / iTunes / Stitcher / Google Play Music

Episode 14: The Chicago Cubs
Sometimes, when you're talking about history, it happens right in front of you. Grant takes hold of the one good thing to happen in this God-forsaken year and goes back to the 1870s to see how it all began. Alaina does her best to feign interest. How does a legacy push a team forward; how can it hold them back? What arcane might lies inside goats?

Episode 13: Firsthand Philadelphia
Alaina and Grant return home from Philadelphia and the Wyoming Valley to tell tales of all they learned. Is there a minimum length for a street? Or minimum a width? What DIDN'T Benjamin Franklin do? What's better: a ruin; or a preserve?

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
For what it's worth, dolphins are not nearly as pleasant as their reputation would lead you to believe. They can be quite violent and have been known to do things like gang rape female dolphins for days on end, kill other males' babies (because that gets the female ready to reproduce again), bludgeon porpoises to death for no immediately apparent reason, and bite and ram humans (or, sometimes, try to mate with them). See for example http://www.nytimes.com/1999/07/06/health/evidence-puts-dolphins-in-new-light-as-killers.html

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

malkav11 posted:

For what it's worth, dolphins are not nearly as pleasant as their reputation would lead you to believe. They can be quite violent and have been known to do things like gang rape female dolphins for days on end, kill other males' babies (because that gets the female ready to reproduce again), bludgeon porpoises to death for no immediately apparent reason, and bite and ram humans (or, sometimes, try to mate with them). See for example http://www.nytimes.com/1999/07/06/health/evidence-puts-dolphins-in-new-light-as-killers.html

They're people, in other words.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

malkav11 posted:

So what you're saying is that they're like wild animals?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

So Dolphins have been cursed by the pirate gold?

Hatrocious
Jan 1, 2013

Artum posted:

CrashScreen posted:

Let's muse upon man's inherent savagery in UNCHARTED 4: A THIEF'S END

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Artum posted:

Sounds more like pyrates.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

CrashScreen posted:

Some of these behaviors aren't common among animals, particularly the killing porpoises for no apparent reason thing. (Obviously killing other animals is common when they're food, trying to eat them, or competing for the same resources, but none of the usual reasons seem to apply in this case.) But yes, mainly my point is they're wild animals, and not our special friends. So Drake does actually have something to worry about swimming around with them. or would if it weren't a videogame.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Ludelphinidae Dissonance - Kill 1000 Dolphins

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

malkav11 posted:

Some of these behaviors aren't common among animals, particularly the killing porpoises for no apparent reason thing. (Obviously killing other animals is common when they're food, trying to eat them, or competing for the same resources, but none of the usual reasons seem to apply in this case.) But yes, mainly my point is they're wild animals, and not our special friends. So Drake does actually have something to worry about swimming around with them. or would if it weren't a videogame.

Yeah, thank god for video games. Otherwise you'd have to deal with unfun poo poo like cutting your hands while jumping from cliff faces or your horse freaking out and throwing you off it and breaking its leg because it saw a branch on the ground that it doesn't remember being there before.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

RareAcumen posted:

or your horse freaking out and throwing you off it and breaking its leg because it saw a branch on the ground that it doesn't remember being there before.

The Last of Us' second act would be a lot less emotionally effective if this happened I think.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

malkav11 posted:

on the other hand:

http://justingregg.com/the-dolphin-rape-myth/

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

We might be at risk of this thread going to a pretty weird place. On the plus side, Chip said on Twitter that he may be posting a new update tonight so we've got that to look forward to.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, thank god for video games. Otherwise you'd have to deal with unfun poo poo like cutting your hands while jumping from cliff faces or your horse freaking out and throwing you off it and breaking its leg because it saw a branch on the ground that it doesn't remember being there before.

Or Drake spending two hours waiting at a airport passport control office.

(Though that seems more like something Kojima would do. With a real time countdown.)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That'd be the game's install screen if this was still the PS3.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

That's actually be Drake filling out paperwork

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

malkav11 posted:

Dolphins are large brained mammals and an apex predator. Like all mammals, they learn through play. They're like cats in that they'll hunt, 'play with' and kill animals just to keep their skills sharp and to teach their young how to do it. And it's possible that, like cats, they just enjoy hurting things.

Growing up, we had dolphins and porpoises who lived in the bay near us and more than once saw groups of dolphins throwing live baby porpoises around until they died. It's really sad to see, but that's the natural world in a nutshell. Some survive, other die horribly.

Also, dolphins have a number of threat displays, like snapping their mouths and thrashing, which idiot people mistake as "What's that Flipper? Buddy fell down a well?" and try to play with the animal rather than backing off and then get all surprised when the animal bites them.

Dolphins are amazing creatures and, for some unknowable reason, they seem to genuinely like humans. But they are still a large pack predator and should always be respected.

Also they will gently caress anything:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvpJdNiqZJc

I'll leave out the video of a dolphin masturbating with a fish head. You can find that one yourselves.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Nov 26, 2016

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The only thing keeping the dolphins from making an elaborate underwater civilization and killing everything they see with spearguns is their lack of hands, honestly.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CJacobs posted:

The Last of Us' second act would be a lot less emotionally effective if this happened I think.

God, could you imagine hunting a Colossus while riding a Regular Horse?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

RareAcumen posted:

God, could you imagine hunting a Colossus while riding a Regular Horse?

"Agro!" The young man calls. Agro does not respond, for it is too busy walking in a circle and stomping its hooves because its feet hurt. It is somehow unaware that the reason its feet hurt is because it is walking in a circle.

In the background, the third Colossus stomps around, completely unaware of their presence.

(edit: having grown up around horses, I think the best way I could describe them is that they are very smart dumb animals)

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Sounds more like pyrates.

Just checking but everyone else pronounces pyrate as Pie-Rate with emphasis as opposed to pirate right?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Artum posted:

Just checking but everyone else pronounces pyrate as Pie-Rate with emphasis as opposed to pirate right?

Well duh!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Huh, I didn't know that claims of dolphin on dolphin rape were overblown. They've still been sighted killing eachother's young, which is a negative.

There was a researcher who did experiments on giving dolphins LSD, which really hosed them up, sometimes to the point where they decided to not come back up for air. His work is normally overshadowed by one of his attempts to make dolphins speak english wherein he got a woman to jack off one of the subject dolphins to make it more receptive to teaching.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
I'm going to Disney World in a week, so I really hope I can get enough updates recorded in time to fill the gap while I'm gone! Let's watch Drake save the rec center with his yo-yo skills.

Episode 16: Save the Rec Center!.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-
With all the attention to detail so far, I can't believe it took me this long to notice the notebook has fingerprint smudges from pencil lead.

Dingwall
Feb 28, 2016
The nods to the Monkey Island series is killing me. I love it so much.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
VFA-238 "Pukin' Goose"

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
That's the second biggest monkey head I've ever seen!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Why does it skip the cool bit????

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The "second biggest" line is actually a running gag across the whole Monkey Island series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Speaking of pop culture references, Sam's been in jail for so long that he has missed all the memes.

• Locked thread