Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

In Training posted:

So once I max a EV if I level the mon a bunch they'll just naturally get a butt load more of that stat right?

EVs change the stats as they are gained, so you see the effect right away. Not sure if it updates while in-battle without leveling up, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

that ivy guy posted:

EVs change the stats as they are gained, so you see the effect right away. Not sure if it updates while in-battle without leveling up, though

Yeah my Jangmo gets like 6 or 7 points a level in attack and defense. I'm in heaven right now

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
just caught a mother freaking turtonator, all

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

As someone who spent 30 hours grinding jobs in DQ7 this year, I understand why people get so into Pokemon min/max ing. Especially because of how esoteric and fringe it is to the actual presentation/mechanics

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

do you get fire/ice punch from move tutors or anything at any point? in ORAS on the battle tower island there were many move tutors that taught all the best moves you'd ever need for BP, but guides on this game aren't complete yet

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

In Training posted:

Yeah my Jangmo gets like 6 or 7 points a level in attack and defense. I'm in heaven right now

I want to EV train a Xurkitree and see its special attack go up by double digits when leveling

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

do you get fire/ice punch from move tutors or anything at any point? in ORAS on the battle tower island there were many move tutors that taught all the best moves you'd ever need for BP, but guides on this game aren't complete yet

There are move tutors around the world but battle tower gives you Mega Stones and EV training hold items. No move tutors are tied to it I don't think

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

There are move tutors around the world but battle tower gives you Mega Stones and EV training hold items. No move tutors are tied to it I don't think

oh that is hosed up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Training defense EV is a huge pain in the rear end btw because your option is chaining Roggenrolas with a -6 accuracy and missing 80% of your moves or chaining Geodudes and hoping they don't self destruct immediately on appearance and ruining the chain

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Trying to catch a feebas, thinking about killing myself.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

oh that is hosed up

Is it? Move tutors are free in this one, I don't see why that's a problem

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fuepi posted:

This was me in Ruby Sapphire 14 years ago.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
nvm whining on the internet works every time

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Is it? Move tutors are free in this one, I don't see why that's a problem

idk oras let you make a dream team with the move tutors. letting you learn dragonpulse and all the other great moves that aren't TMs. along with removing the dexnav its always a step forward and a step back w/ these games lol

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

fuepi posted:

Yeah I'm doing this right now, if I fight another 10 magikarps I will stab myself with a staryu

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If anybody is in the market for 24 Jangmo-O's, let me know.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

that ivy guy posted:

I want to EV train a Xurkitree and see its special attack go up by double digits when leveling

xurkitree

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

That is the name of the 'mon yes.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

120 ice beamed Oricorio in a pile...

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Evil Eagle posted:

120 ice beamed Oricorio in a pile...

I just lost my 4 hour pichu streak due to neglect and allowing one pichu to struggle

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

that ivy guy posted:

I just lost my 4 hour pichu streak due to neglect and allowing one pichu to struggle

Luckily these Oricorio have pound, peck, growl and helping hand so I'd have to be very neglectful to have one of them die to struggle I've done it once

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Evil Eagle posted:

Luckily these Oricorio have pound, peck, growl and helping hand so I'd have to be very neglectful to have one of them die to struggle I've done it once

I was spared by paralysis stopping my death machine munchlax from dealing a killing blow, but I was a fool to think that crutch would work a second time

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

yesss. it broke out of 10 luxury balls

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

cool lookin bird

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the reward for beating the postgame quest sure is uh, quite nice

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bobnumerotres posted:

the reward for beating the postgame quest sure is uh, quite nice

what is it.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

what is it.

after catching the last beast you get 1,000,000 bucks

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the first battletree trainer batonpassed a lot of defense and special defense to a venasaur, which then spammed leech seed, toxic and heal moves forever. was epic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

after catching the last beast you get 1,000,000 bucks

Lol cool

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

This seems a lot more complicated than choosing the right type and spamming moves for every single fight.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I woke up this morning and my whole team has Pokerus :stare:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

In Training posted:

I woke up this morning and my whole team has Pokerus :stare:

Remember to keep at least one with pokerus boxed when 00:00 rolls in.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

This seems a lot more complicated than choosing the right type and spamming moves for every single fight.

that will get you through 95% of the story but fighting in the battletree poo poo gets deep

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Saturday morning coffee with Pokemon and the every Simpsons ever marathon on

this is what the holidays are for

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

I spilled a bottle of silicone lubricant into my old 3ds and it still turns on but it is very slick to the touch and awful to feel, so I decided to buy one of the new black Friday 3ds systems and im just now getting a late start on Pokemon as a result, please friend me, thank you.

1650-6103-0454

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

hubris.height posted:

Saturday morning coffee with Pokemon and the every Simpsons ever marathon on

this is what the holidays are for

Yeah dude my gf is out of town and I made no other plans so I'm gonna drink coffee and play pokemon all drat day. This is gaming.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

In Training posted:

Training defense EV is a huge pain in the rear end btw because your option is chaining Roggenrolas with a -6 accuracy and missing 80% of your moves or chaining Geodudes and hoping they don't self destruct immediately on appearance and ruining the chain

Lead with a damp Psyduck. This allowed me to catch a shiny Graveler in Y.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Ristolaz posted:

Yeah dude my gf is out of town and I made no other plans so I'm gonna drink coffee and play pokemon all drat day. This is gaming.

hell :yeah:

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Having the trainers in the battle is a nice lil touch. I love how the team skull guy squats behind his pokemon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chaining is so stressful but I'm almost at 50 dittos and I'll pull the trigger and hope for the best

• Locked thread