Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

Aurubin posted:

Keith Ellison is a secret Muslim.

Super secret shhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Bushiz posted:

Private ownership of cars should be illegal unless you've got a bitchin whip. To deprive someone of a totally sick donk or a badass slab would be to break the pen of a writer or the brushes of a painter.

Lenin's Bitchin Whip

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://gizmodo.com/the-democratic-party-needs-to-stop-using-reaction-gifs-1789368312?rev=1480111290297

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/TheDemocrats/status/802254177976090625?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/TheDemocrats/status/800870863792914433?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

lol

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

ahhhahhahahhhahahahahah

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

The incoming DNC chair needs to have a talk with the social media team.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
jesus christ they were doing this? What rotted machinery has the leadership passed to us?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

democrats on social media is like your aunt trying real hard to be hip on facebook but just making you feel embarrassed for her and everyone else in your family

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Aurubin posted:

Yeah the one where he tells them "you're fired".

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Homework Explainer posted:

ahhhahhahahhhahahahahah

They are just mad since Big Don cut out the middleman in political corruption.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

😩

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
the dnc is bad

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Aurubin posted:

if by talk you mean fire them i agree

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Darkman Fanpage posted:

if by talk you mean fire them i agree

you have to talk to them to fire them

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Aurubin posted:

dnc's social media director

https://twitter.com/CateDomino/status/796009175847419904
https://twitter.com/CateDomino/status/796770792541421569

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Well What Now posted:

pink slips exist so this isnt necessary

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Well What Now posted:

Nah, just tweet a Donald Trump 'you're fired' gif at 'em and call it a day

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:barf:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i thought i wanted a serious political party but i guess because i am a millennial i wanted gifs from 10-20 year old television comedies

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Is there a gif somewhere of Samantha Bee protesting poor kids for daring to attend a rich kid's school?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
the dnc is staffed entirely by the dumbest of upper middle class twits

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

https://twitter.com/mcurryfelidae07/status/802306794861264896

I agree with the gay communist.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Good to see the DNC leadership is about as competent as the Florida Democratic Party.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Didn't the DNC overturn the lobbyist ban Obama created since it needed more campaign cash for Abuela?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

etalian posted:

Didn't the DNC overturn the lobbyist ban Obama created since it needed more campaign cash for Abuela?

Obama's lobbyist ban never worked, because all they had to do was call themselves consultants or something to get around a loophole.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

GobiasIndustries posted:

Nah, just tweet a Donald Trump 'you're fired' gif at 'em and call it a day

Maybe we can fire the social media team and hire Clickhole instead:

How Much Of A Political Junkie Are You?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Democratic party be like

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Love Chomsky. Will be sad when he goes mentally.

EDIT - Holy gently caress at that incredibly misleading mid-break "economics played little part in Trump's rise" segment...

Grondoth posted:

This is one of a few useful threads right now, because it fully embraces that the Democratic party is in crisis and must be changed and rebuilt. We've made a huge list of people to contact about DNC chair and had people go to public meetings outta it.

We must not let it fall to standard leftist infighting about marxist terms while people try and burn each other over the internet. It's actually accomplishing something

+1

punk rebel ecks has issued a correction as of 05:13 on Nov 26, 2016

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

For everyone who says the Democratic party didn't do enough to emphasize the problems faced by areas like Flint, you should consider their media director who has voluntarily consumed immense quantities of lead in solidarity.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

100 years ago people quoted scripture, and now we quote Modern Family, really makes you think.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Modern Family is better written than scripture

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Aurubin posted:

Keith Ellison is a secret Muslim.

big if true

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

punk rebel ecks posted:

Love Chomsky. Will be sad when he goes mentally.

EDIT - Holy gently caress at that incredibly misleading mid-break "economics played little part in Trump's rise" segment...

+1

Yeah I saw that after I posted the link and I feel bad Noam had to sit through an interviewer with really lovely political views/questions.

"Aren't you going to miss Obama?" :allears:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

quote:

President Barack Obama called Hillary Clinton to persuade her to concede the White House on election night, according to a forthcoming book on Clinton’s defeat.

Authors Amie Parnes, The Hill's senior White House correspondent, and Jonathan Allen cite three Clintonworld sources familiar with the election-night request in the unreleased book from Crown Publishing.

“You need to concede,” Obama told his former Secretary of State as she, her family, and her top aides continued to watch results trickle in from the key Rust Belt states of Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. The latter state, called after 1:30 a.m. by The Associated Press, was the clear tipping point for the White House race, ensuring Trump would crest over the 270 electoral-vote threshold needed to win.

Clinton ultimately heeded Obama’s advice and called Trump to acknowledge her defeat in the early morning hours Wednesday.

White House officials did not immediately return requests for comment Friday.

Obama’s call left a sour taste in the mouths of some Clinton allies who believe she should have waited longer, and there’s now a fight playing out between the Obama and Clinton camps over whether to support an effort to force the Rust Belt states to recount their votes.

Inside Clinton’s room at the Peninsula Hotel in Manhattan, where aides were on the phone with boiler rooms at the campaign headquarters in Brooklyn and the Clintons’ midtown office, there was still hope as election night stretched on. Their goal was to hold off as long as possible.

Obama’s call changed that.

“There was a lot of discussion about Michigan and Wisconsin and whether the numbers could flip it,” said one of the sources, all of whom spoke on the condition of anonymity. This source said the final numbers were so close that Clinton might not have placed her call to Trump without a push.

“If anybody knew what actually happened that night, no one would have conceded,” the source said.

At the time, campaign Chairman John Podesta, a former Obama White House official, had been dispatched to Clinton’s victory party at the Jacob Javits Center to deliver an anodyne statement leaving the result of the election unaddressed.

Before he returned, Clinton put an end to the debate among her inner circle by asking to talk to Trump.

Just give me the phone,” she said in frustration. “I’m calling him.”

One of the Clintonworld sources said the campaign apparatus and the Democratic National Committee don’t want to be officially affiliated with the push to re-tabulate votes because of the bad political optics of seeking to overturn the election results. At the same time, some of Clinton’s allies are hopeful that Green Party candidate Jill Stein, who has raised several million dollars to fund recalculations, will be successful.

Stein officially filed a recount request in Wisconsin Friday afternoon, and her campaign has said she hopes to also push through recounts in Michigan and Pennsylvania. The Wisconsin Elections Commission said it has a Dec. 13 deadline to complete the recount of more than 2.9 million votes.

Podesta and Clinton campaign lawyer Marc Elias held a conference call last week with activists who believe it’s possible the outcomes in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania were tampered with, according to New York Magazine

But Obama allies are dead-set against the multi-state recount effort. Former Obama White House Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer mocked it on Twitter:

“The amount of Democratic energy and money being wasted on recounts instead of trying to win the Louisiana Senate Race is mind boggling,” he tweeted on Thursday.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

The Democratic party exists solely to calm the existential dread of aging gen xers who are desperate to believe they are still young and hip (see: democratic nominee Hillary Clinton)

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Hillary is in a long line of great woman who killed a empire over their lust of power. Cleopatra and Helen of troy would be proud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Agrajag posted:

lets just get this out of the way right now. Putin already admitted they had a hand in the wikileaks the morning after the elections, its a fact. they also admitted that they were in contact with Orange fascisto's campaign staffers all through the elections

Who's actually running Wikileaks now that most of the staff have been "disappeared" and the deadman switches were neutralized before they could be triggered? Is it the Russian gov or the US gov?

tower time posted:

Personally I found the post-election analysis and breakdown of the Clinton campaign and some information about to people to contact to advance a progressive agenda pretty useful, the discussions afterwards about which side we we should have supported during the Spanish civil war and how to better engage with the Adult Baby/Diaper Lover community a bit less so.

Embrace the parts of the thread you find worthwhile. We seem to switch between "productive criticism and plans for getting involved" and "shitposting for pure entertainment" pretty quickly, so just pretend any bits you don't like fall in the second group and can be safely ignored.

I knew several Hillary boosters who used reaction gifs pretty much exclusively in response to any criticism of her or... anything else they said about anything, I guess. It always felt super smug and condescending and pointless to me, so I'm not surprised that is how the official twits are acting now.

• Locked thread