Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'd rather listen to her scream than Shmorky talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Casimir Radon posted:

I'd rather listen to her scream than Shmorky talk.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I always thought Shmorky's art kind of sucked tbh

someone retell the Bigpeeler saga! That's always a good time.

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
i thought wom was funny

i mean i was like 17 but still

e: wait Shmorky really did that voice all the time? I thought it was only a youtube thing

chernobyl kinsman has a new favorite as of 05:46 on Nov 26, 2016

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yup, he's annoying, his art sucks, and he was never funny. The only good thing I can think of is that his drama didn't spill into every thread all the time.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

chernobyl kinsman posted:

i thought wom was funny

i mean i was like 17 but still

e: wait Shmorky really did that voice all the time? I thought it was only a youtube thing

In older videos (the retsuprae videos he guests on, for example) he speaks in a normal voice, though he claims THATS the fake voice and high-pitched squeaky is how he naturally sounds.

Shmorky's a weirdo but generally alright and a decent animator, especially considering he does all his art with a mouse.

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

Soiled Meat
e: qoute=!edit

chernobyl kinsman has a new favorite as of 06:17 on Nov 26, 2016

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Solice Kirsk posted:

he was never funny

How Is Babby Formed alone has had more impact on the internet than the entire rest of this dead gay forum put together. Shmorky is doing animated bumpers on Adult Swim here and now and making a living off of Patreon while Lowtax struggles to get enough views to push their youtube videos into the five digits and begs Notch for handouts for owning the website that invented Let's Play.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
People are still dumb enough to hire Shmorky to draw poo poo

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Best of Weekend Web is one of the greatest things SA has ever produced, and I still think some of his work like Chufflebells is hilarious. But yeah, Shmorky's art really stagnated after a point, and how many series (or individual cartoons) just flamed out into Zalgo nonsense when he got bored/didn't know how to end it?

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

If I recall, Lowtax said that she was fairly normal until Shmorky got her involved in social justice and told her to stop taking her medication.

And when the cops were called he told them everything was fine while mouthing "help me".

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Kay Kessler posted:

If I recall, Lowtax said that she was fairly normal until Shmorky got her involved in social justice and told her to stop taking her medication.

And when the cops were called he told them everything was fine while mouthing "help me".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME5NmFondds

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
Schmorky's art/animation style is pretty much just John Kricalfusci's style with less detail. I see it everywhere, like every loving flash animator these days uses the same lovely Diet John K style, but Schmorky was doing it years and years before any of them so now I wonder if his art actually has been an inspiration to a shitload of people.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
There is no C in shmorky

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Also, it's kricfalusi

Taber
Nov 17, 2007

Malkin's worst nightmare
I know it's probably somewhere in the last 66 pages, but I love Crazy Jake travels across the country , leaves the park he started in ,abandons a stroller in a park

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Kelp Me! posted:

someone retell the Bigpeeler saga! That's always a good time.

I've forgotten a lot of detail, but Bigpeeler rose to fame with his zoo stories and follow-up carpet cleaning stories. The stories were bullshit, but much like the ridiculous Martin Random roommate story seemed so over-the-top they looped around into "well, it COULD have happened." By the time you get to "elephant steps on own dick" or "banana bread brain in foil" it was that mix of surprising with a touch of gross that makes up trainwreck syndrome.

Instead of capitalizing on that skill by publishing a book of weird tall tales, Bigpeeler kept reaching for dubious internet fame in GBS via such hits as "hey guys, this picture of Jessica Alba riding a gokart looks like she pissed herself, isn't that funny?" No, no it wasn't, and you obviously don't know how shadows and denim dying work. In fact that's where I put him on ignore, so I don't recall what finally got him banned.

Speaking of which: are there any active users on the site today who are either hellbanned or coming up on the end of a 100,000 hour probation? Those punishments were funnier than almost any mod challenge (exceptions being Mermaid Shelly and the guy who ate dog food).

I remember "lift your couch" threads. Lots of fun pictures of happy-looking goons. Shine probably started them?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I'm sure at least one of those 11-year probations has passed, if not at least upcoming.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Hey, anybody remember that guy who went to some African country and bragged how he introduced a village to Karl Marx by giving them his collected writings? Then he posted how that village supposedly lynched their local priest and his whole family and burned down the church in an act of Communist revolution, and he expected to get high fived by everybody on the forums for it.

Has it ever been decided what part of his story was true and what was fiction?

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

Soiled Meat

steinrokkan posted:

Has it ever been decided what part of his story was true and what was fiction?

quote:

lynched their local priest and his whole family and burned down the church in an act of Communist revolution

c'mon man

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

I mean, sure, that part is bullshit, but since he posted pictures and stuff, it would be extra funny if he made literally everything up.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

steinrokkan posted:

I mean, sure, that part is bullshit, but since he posted pictures and stuff, it would be extra funny if he made literally everything up.

Gunchicka.

And for those who don't know: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3654252&userid=212964

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Oh wow, that's pretty awesome in setting up new levels of pathetic.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

steinrokkan posted:

The photos were from some missionary website. Everything in this story was completely fictional.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
:lol: something just so sad and funny about this whole exchange. Goons pawing and posturing and miscommunicating over empty air and getting indignant in characters they're playing.

GunChicka posted:

I won't get that muscle control back to really use then on my own. Some other models have crutches you can use to control them to make it easier. But they definitely aren't super villain technology quite yet.

VendaGoat posted:

Tell you what. Step outside of the physical therapy. Step outside of the damaged spine. Step beyond the mundane world.

Let's say they could give you super strength. Such unimaginable power that you could kick in a bank vault. You could leap beyond a skyscraper. You could kick a tank from your presence.

Would you?

:)

GunChicka posted:

Uhhh sure I guess? I have no idea where this is going?

VendaGoat posted:

It's "going" to me saying, it's ok. In both pictures of wearing it you have a huge gaping smile on your face. In both pictures of you in the wheelchair you don't

It's ok to be happy. It's ok to be a super villain. :3:

GunChicka posted:

Wow, Mr Freud, that's some crazy poo poo you can pull with 4 pictures. You are right though, my life is devoid of smiles without robot assistance and most especially during mirror selfies.

Rickycat posted:

The creepiest thing last page was someone complimenting the girl's smile which, uh, isn't creepy at all, it's a compliment. What's creepy is the dude who told the goonnette she had a nice rack a while back ago.

Basically what I'm saying is you need to know what creepily flirting is. hth

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm sorry, I was just curious what the robolegs were for :smith:

oldpainless posted:

So saying she has a nice smile is complimentary but saying she has a nice rack is creepy?

Double standards, man, double standards.

GunChicka posted:

None if that was the odd part. I'd love to talk about the robo legs and I'm a human being so appreciate people complimenting my smile.

:sad:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Bait.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

VendaGoat posted:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Bait.
Wow thanks for the analysis mr Freud

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Wow thanks for the analysis mr Freud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql4Ooz95ulU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

I dunno which part of that makes me more mad--posing as a handicapped person (I'm disabled myself) or that I fell for it. To be fair, it was for me much more "wow, those robot leg supports are rad!" than it was "hurr durr, girl pretty"in my case, but still.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Hardcordion posted:

In older videos (the retsuprae videos he guests on, for example) he speaks in a normal voice, though he claims THATS the fake voice and high-pitched squeaky is how he naturally sounds.
He accused lowtax of using audio software to deepen his voice in the old vids where he sounds normal :laffo:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Choco1980 posted:

I dunno which part of that makes me more mad--posing as a handicapped person (I'm disabled myself) or that I fell for it. To be fair, it was for me much more "wow, those robot leg supports are rad!" than it was "hurr durr, girl pretty"in my case, but still.

For me it was falling for it, but they were pretty convincing.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Just goes to show you should never show sympathy for the disabled

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Cumslut1895 posted:

<:mad:>

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cumslut1895 posted:

They really loving hate it when you try to guess their name.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Is it Lefty?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Wheels?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

steinrokkan posted:

I vaguely remember the whole thing being debunked. Even the photos from the African village were taken from some news story and it's just that nobody reverse searched them earlier lol.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Palpek posted:

I vaguely remember the whole thing being debunked. Even the photos from the African village were taken from some news story and it's just that nobody reverse searched them earlier lol.

They didn't show up in reverse search because the article they come from was in a form of a pdf file. It's not available online anymore, unfortunately.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Paladinus posted:

They didn't show up in reverse search because the article they come from was in a form of a pdf file. It's not available online anymore, unfortunately.
Nice, good to know. I remember that some people got so mad that they've been had that they went back and editted their posts in the thread from weeks before into "gently caress youuuuu" "op is a liaaaaar" so that's how half of the first page looked afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

FactsAreUseless posted:

:vince: