Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
Why do they talk/care about Sonic Canon so much in Unleashed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
yeah yeah yeah tekken 3

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wordnumber posted:

Yeah why do the Zaibatsu still give a poo poo about anything like that after Sonic Dreams?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

It is a lovely 10-second loop of a jazz inspired mess with that is way too loving loud and wouldn't sound good listening to it on its own let alone in this loving game. Like there is actual good music in Unleashed, that track is not one of them.

I thought the big problem with that was that it kept doing the loop and starting from the beginning every new fight instead of picking up somewhere afterwards and that drove people mad.

Wordnumber posted:

The LP just started and they're not trying to actively ignore the game like the Minecraft LP, what else are they supposed to talk about? There's plenty of dumb poo poo in the Sonic series.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Liam saying Sonic Unleashed ruined the sonic canon was the funniest thing

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Captain Baal posted:

Liam saying Sonic Unleashed ruined the sonic canon was the funniest thing

Beyond parody

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Wordnumber posted:

Because they have a genuine affection for Sonic canon to varying degrees, sincere or not, and the reason they're billing this as "Liam's Ride to Hell/Prison Break" or whatever isn't because it's a thoroughly awful game like those were, it's because he has hyper-specific complaints about dumb little things that only in-too-deep Sonic fans would give a poo poo about.

EDIT: also, this game is fairly long with nothing else to talk about for most of the time so prepare for a whole lot more of that bullshit.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Also the grinding for Sun and Moon tokens.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The fact that they're all acting like Unleashed is the worst thing in the world is baffling to me

yeah the werehog stuff is bad but compared to some of the poo poo they've played on the channel - or are in fact still playing! - it's competent

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Blockhouse posted:

The fact that they're all acting like Unleashed is the worst thing in the world is baffling to me

yeah the werehog stuff is bad but compared to some of the poo poo they've played on the channel - or are in fact still playing! - it's competent

Liam will defend each and every poo poo they've played on the channel more than Unleashed because the Werehog isn't moe enough.

There's an interesting dynamic going on i'd say
Liam: Really digs Sonic the Hedgehog, but down on everything of this game, will sometimes admit that the daytime levels are okay.
Woolie: Likes the game overall and really respects it for the daytime levels to the point of defending the whole thing, but hates the art style. Don't like the PS2/Wii version.
Matt: Likes the game's artstyle and some of its quirkiness but is down on Sonic as a whole. Assumes the PS2/Wii version is better.

We'll see when we get to part 20 and they have to do the african werehog level a second time to get enough medals.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Nov 26, 2016

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yeah, like I said before, I liked the Sonic Adventure LP because I enjoyed the dynamic of Liam insisting it was good and the others not having it and I think that repeating that scenario might be the only way to truly make him suffer, seeing as he plays godawful poo poo on the reg and loves it.

It's not even that I need anyone to suffer, it'd just be more interesting to see genuine suffering/excitement than it is to watch them play middling games that they're convinced are better or worse than what's actually being shown to us.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

So how long before they're forced to replay levels for medals so they can advance the story?

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
what would be the theoretical Suffering game for an all 4 best friends lp

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That game is happening right now they're just missing Liam

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Rhonne posted:

So how long before they're forced to replay levels for medals so they can advance the story?

They can minimise it if they take the time to look around for medals during the werehog levels and take on a couple of side levels. If they do that then they shouldn't need to replay anything.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Farg posted:

what would be the theoretical Suffering game for an all 4 best friends lp

Blazblue

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
All of David Cage games feature inexplicable sexual assault but only Omikron has the ground-breaking move of actually making you a rapist

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

They can minimise it if they take the time to look around for medals during the werehog levels and take on a couple of side levels. If they do that then they shouldn't need to replay anything.

This is not happening. What's gonna happen is they're gonna get a few that are obvious and cut out the footage of them trying to get the rest after they hit the point where they can't progress.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Blockhouse posted:

All of David Cage games feature inexplicable sexual assault but only Omikron has the ground-breaking move of actually making you a rapist

This makes me imagine that in the original cut of Beyond Two Souls, it's YOU playing as the rapist, rather than the underage rape victim. Maybe that's one of the points those extra writers steered Cage away from.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015

Captain Baal posted:

That game is happening right now they're just missing Liam

Liam would for sure defend Omnikron

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He would until it got to the point that everyone lost their poo poo and then he would stop talking and sit there in silence like he did with Woolie getting angry at UDG

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

If someone in the room started defending Omikron by this point, I think wires would start going around necks.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

M: There's only an hour left
P: NO THERE'S NOT STOP LYING
W: There's nothing to add
P: YES THERE IS I FOUND NEW THINGS!!
L: For the time, this was pretty well designed, this kind of quest where you interact with so many characters is missing from SO MANY games nowadays where they just hold your hand pat where did you get that gun

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Waiting for the day where Liam defends Hitler.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Liam has also expressed a general dislike of David Cage iirc.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

The Deleter posted:

Waiting for the day where Liam defends Hitler.

It'll be the same day the Third Reich gets ported to the Vita.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Justice Sloth posted:

It'll be the same day the Third Reich gets ported to the Vita.

So the Kickstarter is up, then?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodyle posted:

Liam has also expressed a general dislike of David Cage iirc.

Not really? He barely talks about Cage when he comes up and actively kept trying to defend Heavy Rain when Woolie was streaming his playthrough because he loves that game and ha said Detroit looks cool as hell. Even if he dislikes the other games, he doesn't really come off as disliking the guy or his games.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Captain Baal posted:

Not really? He barely talks about Cage when he comes up and actively kept trying to defend Heavy Rain when Woolie was streaming his playthrough because he loves that game and ha said Detroit looks cool as hell. Even if he dislikes the other games, he doesn't really come off as disliking the guy or his games.

He needs to be steaming pissed before I'll believe him.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He also hasn't played Beyond 2 Souls yet, and Pat is legitimately concerned that Liam will say he liked it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Liam seems to give a lot of games passes based on what they were TRYING to do, rather than whether they achieved it or not. Even his "suffering" on Unleashed is a lot less despair-fueled screaming than anything the other three guys put out, dude has high tolerance for mediocrity. Omikron is kinda indefensible after a while tho, I don't think he'd have stuck with it. It's not even that it becomes repetitive and the story gets kinda creepy like SDG, it's just clunky and impossible to deal with.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
He could probably convince Woolie to fix the controls.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
he unironically recommends Criminal Girls, you're giving him too much credit in decency

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I think he recently flat out said "I have to pretend DanganRonpa 3 is good because it's the only way I can get Woolie to watch it".

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

HGH posted:

I think he recently flat out said "I have to pretend DanganRonpa 3 is good because it's the only way I can get Woolie to watch it".
Wait they're planning a full LP on that?

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015

Grouchio posted:

Wait they're planning a full LP on that?
It's an anime. They've talked about it on the Podcast here and there.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

HGH posted:

Look if he's puppeteering that they way he ironically slips "keen" into his sentences then more power to him.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/MattMcMuscles/status/802688293401862144

https://twitter.com/MattMcMuscles/status/802688340910698497

:haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Spindash LPs continuing to be golden.