Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Rabidredneck posted:

Kharne might be a bloodthirsty team-slaughtering psychopath, but he's a hell of a guy to hang out with.

Yeah,he's pretty cool. Someone as cool as him needs a cool final boss. This guy would be a good fit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
hahahaha i'm double posting but two great suggestions just came in on the youtube comments within seconds of each other:

Platinum sailor moon

and Platinum Carmen Sandiego

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
First one I can actually see happening if the ip owners want to dabble in games again

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

What we don't really talk about in the episode is that man, those Proudstar logs are a little dire aren't they?

If I were to say I'm sure I remember a story where Optimus Prime dies, I'm going to guess that (since it went mostly unnoticed) I could be mentioning any number of stories and that kind of thing happens a lot.

Would it help if I said I think Unicron was involved somehow? Or would that still be any number of stories, or is that two separate stories my brain has packed together into a single unused blob of vague memories. I mean, there's no way I read many Transformers stories at all, and there's also no way I made up the name Unicron when it's such a dumb name I had to first make sure it was a real one, but those still might be separate stories.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

TheDarkFlame posted:

If I were to say I'm sure I remember a story where Optimus Prime dies, I'm going to guess that (since it went mostly unnoticed) I could be mentioning any number of stories and that kind of thing happens a lot.

Would it help if I said I think Unicron was involved somehow? Or would that still be any number of stories, or is that two separate stories my brain has packed together into a single unused blob of vague memories. I mean, there's no way I read many Transformers stories at all, and there's also no way I made up the name Unicron when it's such a dumb name I had to first make sure it was a real one, but those still might be separate stories.

It's referencing the movie.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
No your'e not making it up. The darkest hour part clearly points to the Transformers movie where indeed, Optimus dies.

And someone else beat me to the punch on that.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Coolguye posted:

hahahaha i'm double posting but two great suggestions just came in on the youtube comments within seconds of each other:

Platinum sailor moon

and Platinum Carmen Sandiego

I would play the poo poo out of either of those
or maybe a crossover!

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Platinum Majesty 3. Imagine all of the heroes behaving like the protagonists of other Platinum games.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I read a Transformers story where it's stated early that Optimus is going to die, but the twist is that he doesn't really die, he just gives up his position as Prime and goes to explore the universe or something like that because the Autobots won and he realized he just wasn't fit to rule in peace-time.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Platinum Desert Bus.

It's like crossing the streams.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I read a Transformers story where it's stated early that Optimus is going to die, but the twist is that he doesn't really die, he just gives up his position as Prime and goes to explore the universe or something like that because the Autobots won and he realized he just wasn't fit to rule in peace-time.

That's "The Death of Optimus Prime." It's sort of the starting point for all of the current IDW TF stuff.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I've found the creature! He's incompetence - failure and untrustworthiness personified! Nothing more.

Orv fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Nov 25, 2016

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Orv posted:

I've found the creature! He's incompetence - failure and untrustworthiness personified! Nothing more.

Also his chin is magnificent.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Insufficient comic nerdery, -10 points.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I got digital copies of some of the classic Transformers comics from the 80's I got in a bundle, and it's really hard to start reading. They just introduce the characters in such a bad way.

Everyone's just woke up 40 million years after the spaceship crashed on Earth, and they do a rollcall to see who's alive. But they introduce themselves in a very unnatural way, like

'It's me, Ironhide, my hide of iron can take anything those Decepticons have up their sleeves!' etc' etc' for all them.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

Zanzibar Ham posted:

'It's me, Ironhide, my hide of iron can take anything those Decepticons have up their sleeves!'

"...£12.99 in all good toystores."

That's basically toy marketing in story form. The Transformers fan wiki is surprisingly sane and self-aware on this point, and does some good documentation of it (with sample images) here.

Loxbourne fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Nov 25, 2016

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Zanzibar Ham posted:

'It's me, Ironhide, my hide of iron can take anything those Decepticons have up their sleeves!' etc' etc' for all them.

Given that loads of these guys have guns in their feet, chest, or pelvis, that's not that much of a claim.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Here's a sample

It's painful to read.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I see Ironhide decided to get transformed in the dark.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I never had a toy of Ironhide (or all that many Transformers toys back then, really). But I did always think his van turret was a cool idea because it let other transformers with lame guns use a big gun :3:

I mean sure, Megatron turns into a handgun. But then he gets extra tiny so where's the fun in that for the Decepticons?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Here's a sample

It's painful to read.

Next page:

Optimus Prime: "Oh no, they all suffered horrible brain damage!"

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Section Z posted:

I never had a toy of Ironhide (or all that many Transformers toys back then, really). But I did always think his van turret was a cool idea because it let other transformers with lame guns use a big gun :3:

Sorry for the reviewer, as he is :spergin: but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSBK2IJtMQk

The new MP version has the van turret/sled

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I think the only G1 toy I ever owned was Inferno (or whatever the fire truck Autobot was called). I've since lost the toy, but I do remember the small squirt cannon he came with that could be filled up with water.

That said, I look forward to Grimlock's drill punch misadventures in New York City. :allears:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Anora posted:

Sorry for the reviewer, as he is :spergin: but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSBK2IJtMQk

The new MP version has the van turret/sled

That's pretty great :buddy: Though I don't think I'll be frivolosly grabbing one, I'm glad it's around.

I do at least have a commemorative Astrotrain I found at a more sane price a while back though. It's black and white instead of black and purple like kid me had, but it's still cool because it's Astrotrain.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
I had a few G1 toys, Hound, Grimlock, even saved up my money to get the Devastator set. My friend had the original Megatron, the one that turned into a gun. I vaguely remember having that Go-Bots combiner, though I cannot remember it's name.

My parents gave me a Sideswipe for my birthday, but it fell apart my first time transforming it :(

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
I had Powermaster Optimus Prime. :smug:

He's still standing on top of my fridge, next to Triggerhappy, whose Targetmaster gun I realized I've been mistransforming only three weeks ago.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

We had a lot of G1 toys. Grandma and Granddad used to get us one every time we visited, though we were disappointed that they were always Autobots so they couldn't fight anything. Sitcom-style jump to a timid British grandmother in ToysRus asking what in the world a Decepticon is.

plaintiff
May 15, 2015

Cross-posting from JadeStar's XCOM 2 thread, but wouldn't it be awesome if the Spokesman were actually OPTIMUS PRIME?

Like, the ADVENT Speaker looks up, sees a semi truck racing towards the podium, frowns, mutters, "Prime..." into the microphone, then gets POWER AXE'D BY OPTIMUS PRIME

YEAH BOYYYY

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

MC Smoke Sensei posted:

Cross-posting from JadeStar's XCOM 2 thread, but wouldn't it be awesome if the Spokesman were actually OPTIMUS PRIME?

Like, the ADVENT Speaker looks up, sees a semi truck racing towards the podium, frowns, mutters, "Prime..." into the microphone, then gets POWER AXE'D BY OPTIMUS PRIME

YEAH BOYYYY

While Stan Bush's The Touch plays.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

MC Smoke Sensei posted:

YEAH BOYYYY

Thing is, if Optimus Prime existed in the XCOM universe, neither invasion would have ever happened :colbert:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

MC Smoke Sensei posted:

YEAH BOYYYY

there are megatron and starscream voice packs for the SPARKs, which is approximately five flavors of awesome

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Platinum could throw darts at the entire Steam library, and I'd buy whatever game they made out of it.

But I think that the councilman Secretly being Optimus Prime is weak. Obviously, his incredibly wounded body would be MEC'd and then turned into XCOM PRIME.

Also, I've been watching your guys' DOW2 stuff, and I have to say, Coolguys' cackling glee over the violent, explosive death of Eldar is like the sweetest lullaby.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Did someone else say that Devastation is $12.50 on Steam?

If not, it is.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Polaron posted:

I had Powermaster Optimus Prime. :smug:

He's still standing on top of my fridge, next to Triggerhappy, whose Targetmaster gun I realized I've been mistransforming only three weeks ago.

It's a good time to relive your childhood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5KHe6aDyC8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekIWELt3JqY

Tindalos
May 1, 2008
The gun you didn't recognise was actually one used by the Decepticon cassettes: Rumble, Frenzy, and Enemy (One of the most obscure cons)

Which would explain why it looks so tiny, because it's meant to be used by bots smaller than Bumblebee.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Here's a sample

It's painful to read.

I think if you shoot for the Kirby and miss, this is what you land in.

fakeedit: oh, a Platinum Kirby!

Orv
May 4, 2011

Doc Hawkins posted:

I think if you shoot for the Kirby and miss, this is what you land in.

fakeedit: oh, a Platinum Kirby!

Good games only please.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Deathadder is back, and now he has the even more powerful Platinum Axe!

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Orv posted:

Good games only please.

Platinum Party Babyz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Deathadder is back, and now he has the even more powerful Platinum Axe!

'Death=adder'.

Wouldn't be the first time. Golden Axe: The Duel had him legit return from death. You'd probably need to pull from there to have a cast, too. Which helps, as everyone was pulling similar impressive stunts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu71xKk_HA8

• Locked thread