Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Alder
Sep 24, 2013

So far I read on different outfits for everyone:

Noctis
- Regular outfit w/o jacket
- Regular outfit
- Formal wear (pre-order suit)
- Casual
- Casual w/o jacket
- Varsity jacket with a behemoth design from buying irl jacket

Maybe they'll add more clothes? I'm a bit disappointed really. I'd pay good $$$ for a swimsuit outfits for everyone.

Alder fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Nov 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mezzanon posted:

These guys know what the gently caress is up. FFXII was one of my favorites, it's way better than Final Fantasy X, which is honestly the worst game in the series.

Please don't troll

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Is there a review embargo on this game? I want to get it, it's hyped up but that trailer they released a few days ago honestly didn't impress me much. A flying car and no airship? The party members were very bland imo. I really hope it seems amazing though.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tae posted:

I can guarantee the ending is way better than mgsv and has an actual conclusion, if you want to clear that low bar

That is an incredibly low bar but yes its true. More people are finishing it and just how good you feel about it depends entirely on how much the main cast gels with you. The people that took their time and enjoyed the guys have said that the ending blew them away. The people that rushed through, didnt like the cast thought the ending was either out there or ok at best, but the consensus that seems to be forming at the very least of the denominators is "Its better than 12 and 13"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Hey, to be fair, like from a hands-off perspective, 12 had a fine ending. I just didn't give a poo poo about anyone in it

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
12 was good, but it came around at the time I felt like running about and not doing much. The characters (sans vaan and penelo) were interesting enough and the setting was neat. No idea what happened in it, aside from fabio turning into a monster.

I put 100 hours into Xenoblade X and still haven't finished it.

I don't like anything I see of the characters/story of FFXV but the game could play alright I guess, I didn't hate the judgement disk demo.Though I just played 3 legend of heroes games this year so my bar is set high.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it kind of astounds me that anyone finished 12 because it was so boring so the I imagine the ending for most people was "I was in a desert, idk"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zotix posted:

Is there a review embargo on this game? I want to get it, it's hyped up but that trailer they released a few days ago honestly didn't impress me much. A flying car and no airship? The party members were very bland imo. I really hope it seems amazing though.

It lifts on Monday from what I heard.

Also is it cool if we talk about spoilers in here? There is something I want to know, but I can wait if that's not cool.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Spoiler tags it

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

grieving for Gandalf posted:

it kind of astounds me that anyone finished 12 because it was so boring so the I imagine the ending for most people was "I was in a desert, idk"

I actually liked playing XII a lot from what I remember but yeah I felt really blah about most of the characters and when I reached the tower or lighthouse whatever it was near the tale end of the game I lost all interest of finishing it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I would like an FF12 remake with FF14's combat if I can't have an action retooling.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Tae posted:

Spoiler tags it

Of course, don't know when this happens, I think it might be late game regardless caution with mouse overs. Just need someone to confirm something.

I heard there is this cool snow city or something that you can see while riding a train, the game has the train pull up to a train station for it and then it doesn't let you off. I just want to know if this true so I can get over my disappointment now or if people are dumb and couldn't figure out how to get off a train.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Please don't troll

I will die on this hill. I tried to play FFX for like 4 hours and it went nowhere and was completely loving awful.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I have no idea if it's not a fake rumor or not but I've been hearing the car flying is on rails. True or not?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Mezzanon posted:

I will die on this hill.

Jfc I hate that expression. Sorry for the interruption, carry on.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Electric Phantasm posted:

Of course, don't know when this happens, I think it might be late game regardless caution with mouse overs. Just need someone to confirm something.

I heard there is this cool snow city or something that you can see while riding a train, the game has the train pull up to a train station for it and then it doesn't let you off. I just want to know if this true so I can get over my disappointment now or if people are dumb and couldn't figure out how to get off a train.

I'm not there yet, but True - the snow city is going to be one of the DLC areas, reportedly

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

VanillaGorilla posted:

I'm not there yet, but True - the snow city is going to be one of the DLC areas, reportedly

Thank you. Being able to hopefully go there someday softens the blow.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Tae posted:

I would like an FF12 remake with FF14's combat if I can't have an action retooling.

Why would you want the combat to be worse?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Why would you want the combat to be worse?

I bet you played paladin

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

It was actually pretty cool going back and playing all the old FF games as an adult because I realized that I never actually finished like 75% of the ones I'd played when I was a kid, I'd just gotten to the end-game areas and quit for some reason. IV, V, VI, IX, and X were all games that I really enjoyed and just...never finished until I replayed them.

edit: And now that I think about it, I'm still not sure if I've ever finished II. I remember having it on that Dawn of Souls collection or whatever for PS1, but I couldn't tell you what happened at the end of the game. I remember beating I, at least.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Here's my hot take

The only final fantasy games I've ever played to completion are 3 and 13

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I've never beaten a FF, maybe 15 will be the one for me (prob not). The only jRPGs I've ever beaten are Chrono Trigger and Super Mario RPG.

What's the best way to play 6, the PS1 port on Vita has just enough loading lag to be annoying.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

I've never beaten a FF, maybe 15 will be the one for me (prob not). The only jRPGs I've ever beaten are Chrono Trigger and Super Mario RPG.

What's the best way to play 6, the PS1 port on Vita has just enough loading lag to be annoying.

Gameboy Advanced copy. If you mean legal now you can play on steam or iOS but be aware the game has been assaulted with the ugly stick in a lot of places where they plopped in new assets.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

I said come in! posted:

FFXV won't be on sale unless it's by accident. $60 is the best you're going to do.

There's been a few random ones. Best Buy had the deluxe version with season pass on sale. Between that and my GCU I got it for $60

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Is the best boy Gladio or Ignis? Because it certainly isn't either of the other two.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Gorelab posted:

Honestly, if it's as good as MGSV, I'll be pretty happy even if the story is a wreck.

I'm sort of hoping the game play is amazing, and the story is amazingly bad.

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

Soul Glo posted:

Play VI using the GBA version with the sound restoration patch: http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/657/

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Coldforge posted:

Jfc I hate that expression. Sorry for the interruption, carry on.

Strangely enough it's not a phrase I use often.

Carry on goon.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Cao Ni Ma posted:

That is an incredibly low bar but yes its true. More people are finishing it and just how good you feel about it depends entirely on how much the main cast gels with you. The people that took their time and enjoyed the guys have said that the ending blew them away. The people that rushed through, didnt like the cast thought the ending was either out there or ok at best, but the consensus that seems to be forming at the very least of the denominators is "Its better than 12 and 13"

Sounds good to me. I'm the type for whom likable characters can salvage even a poor narrative but I won't enjoy even a technically well-built story if I dislike the characters.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Wow, this to the letter. When I noticed the plot was Star Wars and confirmed the combat was indeed just programming if-thens and then running into mobs, I traded that garbage in and never looked back.

Soul Glo posted:

The only jRPGs I've ever beaten are Chrono Trigger and Super Mario RPG.

Coincidentally these are the only indisputably good games Square ever made.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

boho posted:

Coincidentally these are the only indisputably good games Square ever made.

You forget Einhander.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Barudak posted:

Gameboy Advanced copy. If you mean legal now you can play on steam or iOS but be aware the game has been assaulted with the ugly stick in a lot of places where they plopped in new assets.

There's a mod that removes the gross smoothening filter and it makes the game look a lot better. I've been playing that version a ton lately and it's just fine.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

And Secret of Mana. And Live-A-Live. A few others.

quote:

I tried to play FFX for like 4 hours and it went nowhere and was completely loving awful.

Me, but XIII. At least X has dat grid.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Talking about Square's one off IPs just makes me wish for a Vagrant Story rerelease

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nina posted:

Talking about Square's one off IPs just makes me wish for a Vagrant Story rerelease

You can buy it on the PSN right now if you have a PS3/Vita.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

CharlestonJew posted:

Here's my hot take

The only final fantasy games I've ever played to completion are 3 and 13

For me it's only 8.

I couldn't get past one of Sephiroth's forms in 7 and in 10 I remember getting stuck in some sort of endless loop where you have to kill your own summons over and over and eventually gave up. May have been a bug or something.

The others all ended around the midway point for me.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nina posted:

I love Vagrant Story like it was my own child but it's not easy to play nowadays

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

If i buy Kingsglaive, will I get any DLC from it? They said you would when pre-ordering it.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

ImpAtom posted:

You can buy it on the PSN right now if you have a PS3/Vita.

Yeah I know. I just prefer to play old RPGs from the comfort of my laptop while sort of juggling other stuff since they tend to be so time consuming yet relaxing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Alder posted:

So far I read on different outfits for everyone:

Noctis
- Regular outfit w/o jacket
- Regular outfit
- Formal wear (pre-order suit)
- Casual
- Casual w/o jacket
- Varsity jacket with a behemoth design from buying irl jacket

Maybe they'll add more clothes? I'm a bit disappointed really. I'd pay good $$$ for a swimsuit outfits for everyone.

That's some regrettable nonsense if true. They should be milking the dress up, it should be fun, what's the point of a boy band if they can't have different outfits for each show/boss battle.

• Locked thread