Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Grondoth posted:

Flame Cage/Flaming Sword of Rhuin staff

i would love it if she got a staff where the basic attack shot piercing bolts and the charge attack was a horizontal swing of a huge sword made out of fire, honestly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The new dual daggers seem noticeably better since they have no combo pause at all.

E: Also, while the Rapier didn't get any explicit changes, it seems to have benefited from the general enhancement to blocking run speed 1h weapons got; Victor doesn't seem to slow down at all while blocking and running.

Night10194 fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Nov 26, 2016

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I still hate the daggers. They feel more obtuse than before :shrug:

If you trigger a speed perk with them then you quite literally become an Elven blender on legs, which seems ok for slave swarms but they're still weak and you can forget headshots either way.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Digirat posted:

A swing that hits 2 rats is not even in the same zip code as a fiery apocalypse that lights every single rat in the area on fire as they scream MAKE IT STOOOOPPPPP

Wow an entire extra rat. But less flippantly, I swear the beam blast has a targets limit on it because I don't think I've ever effected more than four. And if you want to set a crowd of rats on fire the burning sword is there too.

The staves are all having their heat buffed right? I think they're just trying to change how they're used. Like with the fire patch the conflagration staff becomes really good at holding chokes. The fireball piercing also should mean that as well. Hmm I think they're trying to make the wizard really good at that part where the rats are all running at you trying to pile in, never giving them the chance. It might not work out. But I want to try the stuff out first. I really think the parts lost people are gnashing their teeth over are really over rated. If we're actually organized at a defense point everyone is swinging so much murder weapons it doesn't really matter if I can add the burning effect to everything with the conflagration.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Lunethex posted:

I still hate the daggers. They feel more obtuse than before :shrug:

If you trigger a speed perk with them then you quite literally become an Elven blender on legs, which seems ok for slave swarms but they're still weak and you can forget headshots either way.

I am surprised to hear this coming from you. I find headshots ridiculously easy with the daggers.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Wow an entire extra rat. But less flippantly, I swear the beam blast has a targets limit on it because I don't think I've ever effected more than four. And if you want to set a crowd of rats on fire the burning sword is there too.

I have never noticed a target limit on the beam blast, drakefire blast, conflagration or fireball, and they certainly get the job done a lot faster than melee (well maybe not the fireball but I haven't used that thing in so long I don't even remember how effective it is when it's not infuriating the rest of the team).

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

I am surprised to hear this coming from you. I find headshots ridiculously easy with the daggers.

I'm not gonna speculate how you do it or in what situations you do it but there's too much going on in my fights for me to plant those hits just right. If Daggers had the Backstabbery trait innately built into them they'd fit my playstyle way more because I always dodge out to the sides of crowds with my swords and slice up every rat from the side when we're out in the open. But in that case, backstabbery would be unnecessary because they're usually clans and slave rats. Most of the time I'm leading the way so I need to be able to take on things in my field of vision which daggers don't let me do either. I don't sit back and focus on the flanks either, I am everywhere at all times.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
You know what, I wish they would take the blast off of the beam staff and put in a staff that you can straight up swing around in melee as the primary attack. Use the blast as the M1 charge attack or as a tertiary fire like the WH rapier pistol. Make it like a longer range and slower than a mace, but not as devastating as a 2h hammer and call it a battle staff or something.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

looks to me the bolt staff is still going to own everything if you fire charged bolts, and will still 1shot specials if you lock on them first (like the trueflight). seems legit

its ridiculous in its current state, this will bring it to par with the trueflight.

no ff on beam burst and drakefire charged attack is also ridiculous, glad they changed that

now if they would change the 360degree block nonsense into a more logical cone style block range for each weapon, I'd like this game even more

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Nov 26, 2016

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if nothing else i'm glad that the grudgeraker and blunderbuss are actually remotely useful now. i enjoy my drake pistols but it'll be nice to have some more options with ranged weaponry.

(the handgun is boring, is what i'm getting at here)

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

the handgun is still going to be best in slot though, imo

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

It has armor penetration. Interesting :eyepop:

It seems to be a cross between the 1h mace and 1h Kerillian sword moveset for light attacks and the power attack is a diagonal slash.

Time to test.

:siren:Oh my Jesus this weapon is loving overpowered as poo poo:siren:

:captainpop::wtc::eyepop::stare:

Oh my god the Pick :magical::magical:

I said yesterday that I thought these weapons were a letdown I am eating my shoe right now. These weapons are magical.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Nov 26, 2016

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I was so blown away by these weapons that I was forced to make a video on them. 1 minute for the Falchion, 1 minute for the Pick. That loving Pick just shot Bardin to #1. That is the most powerful weapon in the game in its current form as seen in this video. It has a set up of perks that no other weapon has or can have. Bloodlust, Swift Slaying, and KILLING BLOW.

And it functions like this? Yeah these are going to be nerfed to loving oblivion as soon as they're released. The perks will stay but there's no way they will work so effectively.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Accidentally throwing barrels into the pit on Waterfront is a good time and I heartily recommend it

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Putting a bunch of hoses with collision over that pit is a good design decision. Man, I used to be good at putting that center barrel in I swear

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Arming Sword is now very good and cool.

Now I can play out all my 'kill ten billion rats with nothing but a lovely shortsword' dreams.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Lunethex posted:

I was so blown away by these weapons that I was forced to make a video on them. 1 minute for the Falchion, 1 minute for the Pick. That loving Pick just shot Bardin to #1. That is the most powerful weapon in the game in its current form as seen in this video. It has a set up of perks that no other weapon has or can have. Bloodlust, Swift Slaying, and KILLING BLOW.

And it functions like this? Yeah these are going to be nerfed to loving oblivion as soon as they're released. The perks will stay but there's no way they will work so effectively.

what the christ

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I think they may've buffed the 1h hammer/mace a little too much.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Night10194 posted:

I think they may've buffed the 1h hammer/mace a little too much.

good, it's fun as hell

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The patch notes say they finally fixed the roller skating bug...did they do it for real this time?

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

So uh someone posted this on the Vermintide subreddit :catstare:

Guess there's a reason to avoid them now...

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Christ that's like a table top unit

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

*Patrol passes by without incident*

*Kerillian shoots one*

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

If you're in beam blast range you're in melee range. I think you're really over blowing it.

Lunethex? Overblow something? Well I never.
Falchion looks fun as gently caress and I'm gonna get it and use my waifu Saltzpyre forever.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Ignite Memories posted:

*Patrol passes by without incident*

*Kerillian shoots one*

the fun thing in this situation is to run and hide. they only aggro individuals, and once they kill the elf, they resume patrolling.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Wait seriously?!!

This changes everything

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
yeah you just gotta stay out of sight and not do anything to get on their poo poo list.

ask me about letting the entire rest of the team die because i was in fact that petty about their engagement choices.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Make sure you have the star of sisterhood on before you aggro any patrols so your team has to bail you out.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Hahahahaha

Guys this game is really super great.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Pretty lovely if that's not modded to be honest, right now patrols are in a good spot where they aren't necessarily a game ender if you alert one but they are still definitely worth the effort to avoid most of the time. That poo poo alerting at the same time as any other enemies without probably two strength potion-buffed bombs would instantly spell your end, so have fun waiting for three minutes if that thing is marching down from the top of the granary on S&D. Storms can down you in one hit on cataclysm.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Christ that's like a table top unit

i'm about half convinced that is the point much more than anything else, remember how big a WHF nerd the CEO is

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Hopefully that represents the absolute maximum patrol spawn.

Or that poster is full of poo poo that is also a very strong possibility :shrug:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

brocretin posted:

Hopefully that represents the absolute maximum patrol spawn.

Or that poster is full of poo poo that is also a very strong possibility :shrug:

i mean i think it would be kinda funny but yeah i'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that a dude who is level 1000 might maybe not be entirely legit

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
I've seen legit over 1000 fellows

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Yeah no joke, there are people who leave this game running like they leave their bitcoin mining running. Why? Who the hell knows.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
After the apocalypse, Vermintide player level is the only currency we'll have left.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Why would leaving the game running matter? You don't get levels from idling

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Vladimir Putt-Putt posted:

Why would leaving the game running matter? You don't get levels from idling

They idle for hours and then come back to play more. For a lot of people it's the only game they own and the only game they play.

There's no other way to explain the 2000-3000+ hours people have in this game

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The swiftbow actually seems useful now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death On Toast
Aug 2, 2006
The better half of the Brothers Douche.
do the buffs to 1handed weapons apply to the light attacks with the shield versions?

• Locked thread