Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Do women in the real world actually complain about that? Outside of sitcoms and RE:RE:fw:re email 'jokes', I've never actually heard of it happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Do women in the real world actually complain about that? Outside of sitcoms and RE:RE:fw:re email 'jokes', I've never actually heard of it happening.

I dunno! Again, as a gay dude, it mystifies me.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

you close the toilet bowl so your dog doesn't drink toilet water

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Crocoswine posted:

But I like waving bye-bye to my poop when it goes away because I'm three years old!

Thermite
Aug 16, 2006

Huzzah!

Crocoswine posted:

This but it was my cat instead of a dog.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
What's wrong with toilet water you snob.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I close the toilet bowl when I flush because otherwise the action of flushing is spraying a fine mist of poop-water all over your bathroom, including your toothbrush. :shrug: So I've never had a problem re: toilet seat status when living with women.

e: I just went and looked this up in case it was hearsay bullshit, and it looks like the smug part of the internet is convinced that toilet aerosolization isn't a thing because of a 2004 mythbusters episode, but actual medical/immunology journal studies say that it's a significant factor. Huh.

Panic! at Nabisco has a new favorite as of 04:21 on Nov 26, 2016

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Yes they do.

I've also had them complain about the lid being down.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Homosexuality for all imo.

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I close the toilet bowl when I flush because otherwise the action of flushing is spraying a fine mist of poop-water all over your bathroom, including your toothbrush. :shrug: So I've never had a problem re: toilet seat status when living with women.

e: I just went and looked this up in case it was hearsay bullshit, and it looks like the smug part of the internet is convinced that toilet aerosolization isn't a thing because of a 2004 mythbusters episode, but actual medical/immunology journal studies say that it's a significant factor. Huh.

A significant factor in your weak rear end immune system.

I cut out the middle man and just fart on my tooth brush.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Data Graham posted:

Not empty quoting

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I never have to worry about the seat just because I always sit. But "Mah masculinity :qq:"

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

there wolf lmao posted:

I cut out the middle man and just fart on my tooth brush.

http://www.snopes.com/racial/crime/toothbrush.asp

EDIT: For some reason the version I'm familiar with doesn't have a racial component, but this one does.

I brought my Drake has a new favorite as of 05:53 on Nov 26, 2016

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

TotalLossBrain posted:

What's wrong with toilet water you snob.

Some of us have those fancy bowl cleaners that make the water blue. You don't want to be drinking that stuff, man!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Data Graham posted:

Homosexuality for some, miniature american flags for others.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

I do to my boyfriend but not because he leaves piss on the seat but because he chooses to leave his toothbrush on a shelf above the toilet and those poo poo and piss germs are going to get all over it if he doesn't close that loving lid. It's just good hygiene.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

As a woman I have only ever seen it on sitcoms but I'm Swedish so I just assumed there was something to the design of American toilets that put extra responsibility on the previous user.

I just fold the seat down if it's up and my ex would fold it up if it was down and no one gave it a second thought. Mostly the lid was closed.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

~ ~ 😢SADDEST😭 🍲COPYPASTAS🍜 ~ ~

Today marks 6 months without drinking a drop of wine, or any other kind of alcohol! 6 months without eating bread, cake or anything sweet. The change in my body has been fantastic, I feel great, I lost weight and my way of thinking is very positive... I'm looking to keep this up and go for more. Because I care!... no soft drinks, eating healthy and above all, an hour of exercise every day!!!

I don't know who's status this is, but it said to copy and paste. 😁✌🏾️👑

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Today marks 6 months without drinking a drop of wine, or any other kind of alcohol! 6 months without eating bread, cake or anything sweet. The change in my body has been fantastic, I feel great, I lost weight and my way of thinking is very positive... I'm looking to keep this up and go for more. Because I care!... no soft drinks, eating healthy and above all, an hour of exercise every day!!!

I don't know who's status this is, but it said to copy and paste. 😁✌🏾️👑

I read this while drinking wine and almost felt bad for half a second

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Crocoswine posted:

Or if, like me, you once saw a report of how rats can come round the u-bend and AARGH.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
I spent some of my youth in rural Australia so I instinctively lift up the seat to check for redback spiders, even if it's a code brown.

Thank you for reading my contribution to this, the toilet seat derail.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I generally keep the seat down cause pee doesn't really sneak up on you and so I can take time to put the seat up, but after a long night of drinking sometimes an oncoming poop can surprise you. So I don't wanna slam my butt into porcelain in my haste to beat an ambush poop.

There I've said more than anyone should on the topic of pooping in a thread not dedicated to pooping.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

toilet seats!

for years i've told every girlfriend i've had to put down all the things

they're not very good at it

toilet seats!

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

SERIOUS BUSINESS!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Runcible Cat posted:

Or if, like me, you once saw a report of how rats can come round the u-bend and AARGH.

Like the lid being down is going to stop rats.

Or even if it did, would that be better? *whistling* *lift up lid* *six rats swarm out*

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
They should put those spring hinges on toilet lids so they shut automatically when you stand up, and while you're sitting it's like the toilet is trying to eat you

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

artsy fartsy posted:

They should put those spring hinges on toilet lids so they shut automatically when you stand up, and while you're sitting it's like the toilet is trying to eat you

Then guys would have to sit down to keep the lid up and you no longer get urine everywhere. Love it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Good lord, if it's really an issue, just spend the money and get a motorised toilet seat.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Gorilla Salad posted:

Good lord, if it's really an issue, just spend the money and get a motorised toilet seat.

And the motor loads up a tension spring and unless the seat registers a human sitting on it. The lid will slam shut with enough force to sheer off a broom handle. This will help keep the rats from getting out :black101:

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

I did once, but the extenuating circumstances were that I was 7 or 8 months pregnant, and it was during one of my 20 nighttime bathroom trips. Dragging my fat rear end out of the toilet at 1 AM in the dark is not high on my list of favoured activities.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Gorilla Salad posted:

There's an international grocery store near us that has a whole section for Korean appliances, which apparently means that all the appliances talk to you in chirpy voices? Anyway, from what I can tell, all the toilets cheerily advise you to lower the seat when you're done. There, problem solved.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I have an ex who would literally scream at me if I left it up.

Sitcoms are the most faithful representation of human life.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Normally anybody saying this is stupid, but this is a special kind, as Bloom was a Member of the European Parliament for ten years.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

artsy fartsy posted:

I once saw a lid that was spring loaded to keep the lid up at a friend's apartment. No one know why it was set up that way tho, it was there when he moved in.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
As a man, I always sit down to pee as I have terrible aim and hate having to judge whether I have got those last few drops or not - I never do and end up annoyed with wet pants, so sitting down means I have toilet paper to blot it with to make sure. Efficient Peeing.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Vladimir Poutine posted:

I spent some of my youth in rural Australia so I instinctively lift up the seat to check for redback spiders, even if it's a code brown.

Thank you for reading my contribution to this, the toilet seat derail.

Observe that no enemies to the left works great for the left. Obama was an office boy to Bill Ayers, communist and terrorist, and no one ever asks him to disown communists and terrorists.

Similarly observe that no enemies holier than oneself works great for Islamists:

RFC2324 posted:

“Hello, I am a moderate Muslim, a very moderate Muslim, with extensive connections to immoderate Muslims and considerable influence over them, so give me a basket full of degrees from high status universities and a big cadillac with girls in the front and sacks of money in the back, or else my immoderate friends might be displeased with you.”

If we disown Nazis then we have to have to disown those one step removed from Nazis, and then we have to have to disown those two steps removed from Nazis, and then we have to have to disown anyone whom the left points the finger at and screams “racist” at, and then we are cuckservatives.

If the lips are gone the mouth will feel cold. Having actual unironic Nazis in the alt-right makes it safe for me to be in the alt-right, since leftists will be too busy having mental breakdowns at the actual unironic Nazis to have mental breakdowns at me.

The left has a thousand points of evil and madness, while anyone who disagrees on a single one of those points is “literally worse than Hitler”. The alt-right is everyone who is “literally worse than Hitler”.

Typically one alt-rightist is “literally worse than Hitler” because he disagrees on one point, while another alt-rightist disagrees on a different point, so typically two alt rightists have nothing in common except the nine hundred and ninety eight points where they agree with the left.

How then should we deal with disagreements within the alt-right?

One cannot debate everyone, but you should never criticize a fellow alt-rightist you are unwilling to debate. And if you do criticize them, and do not wish to debate them, retract, apologize, and affirm alliance against the common enemy.

Remember you grew up immersed in leftism, that your media shows a radically false picture of life. In the media fathers and husbands are always wicked and/or incompetent, and generally bad for women and children, female sexuality is always chaste and pure, blacks are always magical, women never divorce men for foolish and wicked reasons, all criminals are affluent white males. So if you disagree with your fellow alt-rightist there is a very high chance that you do so in ignorance, foolishness, or even wickedness, since you were raised on media that presents evil as clever, nice, and high status, and good as stupid, nasty, and low status.

Always criticize a fellow alt-rightist as a brother, not an enemy. If you criticize your brother, it is because you want to speak to him, and him to speak to you. If you criticize your brother, you must first be willing to learn where he is coming from, you must first want to learn where he is coming from.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Panfilo posted:

Is Autism contagious? Because I see a lot of moms of autistic kids that can be pretty :spergin: in their own suburban mom kind of way.

:byodame: ":words: my son has autism!"

:jerkbag:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

You know, it seems any post with the word "wicked" can be dismissed as garbage, no matter which side of the fence posted it.

And it used to be such a good word.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

BioEnchanted posted:

As a man, I always sit down to pee as I have terrible aim and hate having to judge whether I have got those last few drops or not - I never do and end up annoyed with wet pants, so sitting down means I have toilet paper to blot it with to make sure. Efficient Peeing.

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Panfilo posted:

Is Autism contagious? Because I see a lot of moms of autistic kids that can be pretty :spergin: in their own suburban mom kind of way.

:byodame: ":words: my son has autism!"

Just like 8 year olds questioning the election, just remember everything on the internet isn't true and many of those probably have never been professionally diagnosed.

At Back to School Night a couple years ago, I was talking to a small group of parents and students when a mother and her son walk in and interrupts the conversation with "THIS IS MY SON. HE'S GOT THE AUTISM!!1". Of course, it just went dead silent and everyone high-tailed it out of my room and I was left with just her and her son.

I had just changed buildings a couple years before that and had had the kid in 6th grade and didn't remember him being autistic. So I asked his teacher of record about his IEP and not remembering him being autistic and she replied, "Uh...that's because he's not autistic. He's been tested and has a mild reading disability and some major anger issues.... that's all."

In my 16 years of teaching, you'd be surprised what labels parents put on their kids with no medical diagnosis to get the kids into special programs or out of trouble. Ten years ago, the hot ticket was Aspergers and 99% of the time it was made up and the school, special ed department, nor the kids IEP had any record of it and was just a crazy parent talking out their rear end.

My favorite, however, was a kid that got suspended for cussing out the principal and when he returned he was put into special ed for "tourettes". I knew his dad a little from working with him 10 years prior while I was in college and he straight up told me there was no actual diagnosis and just wanted to keep him in school.

Kirk Vikernes has a new favorite as of 17:35 on Nov 26, 2016