Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Ultimate Mango posted:

Glad someone got that shirt. I was so, so close but have too many blipshift shirts and yellow isn't my color.

I expected it to be more of a parchment beige but nope, it's straight up yellow. Ah well, I didn't own anything yellow before. Their new women's sizing sucks balls but they're super comfy.

Edit: page snipe, poo poo. Uh, picked up some lightly used snow tires a few days ago. 235/40/18 Blizzaks, 2k miles, $270 for the set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
I have a relative who used to work for Firestone, we would get tires at a great discount so I'm running the same tires for winter. I hope I can get two more winters out of them... that guy retired so I'll have to pay a lot more for the next set.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Do folks in climates where you swap tires in winter have an extra set of wheels, or do you get them remounted twice a year?

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
I have aluminum rims which can benefit from a cleanup every so often (they were in bad shape the first time I replaced the tires), and I drive a lot of miles so I will only own my car for a few more years. I remount tires on the same rims.

My brother in law has a nearly new car and doesn't drive a ton of miles, so he will have the car for a long time. He has cheap black steel "cop rims" that he uses for his snow tires.

A lot of people around here (Wisconsin) just use all seasons, but I would rather buy snow tires than deal with a collision or slide-off.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning
I got a Steam Link to put in my bedroom so I can game in comfort and at a reasonable resolution.

The old rear end desktop i'd been using as a HTPC in there had it's HDMI-out poo poo the bed so running from a VGA output where the TV only allowed 1024x768 has been killing me.

Hoping I can also link VLC and Chrome as a 'game' into my steam library and stream everything i need, thus eliminating the need for the busted old desktop completely.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Do folks in climates where you swap tires in winter have an extra set of wheels, or do you get them remounted twice a year?

I'd love to get another set of wheels but I can't afford them right now, so I'll be mounting the winters on my regular rims. I'm hoping to get new wheels to mount my summers on by the time I have to switch back.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I have all seasons for spring/summer/fall and a set of snow/ice tires for winter on a set of steel wheels on my car. I haven't put them on in two years and they only have like 4k miles on them, our weather has been really mild. My SUV just has high end all seasons on it year round because I don't care as much about it.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I

dpack_1 posted:

I got a Steam Link to put in my bedroom so I can game in comfort and at a reasonable resolution.

The old rear end desktop i'd been using as a HTPC in there had it's HDMI-out poo poo the bed so running from a VGA output where the TV only allowed 1024x768 has been killing me.

Hoping I can also link VLC and Chrome as a 'game' into my steam library and stream everything i need, thus eliminating the need for the busted old desktop completely.

I don't know if Steam Link supports apps, but I would check to see if you can set up a Plex server, it's awesome.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
It's possible to use steam to stream just about anything. I've used it as a lazy way to remotely control my PC from downstairs. It's not flawless though, so you might want to look into better options for non-game stuff.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

dpack_1 posted:

You can link VLC and Chrome as a non-steam-game app but the Link also lets you straight up stream your desktop if you want.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I have an extra set of wheels for the winter tires. I can swap them in my driveway faster than it would take to go somewhere to have them swapped/remounted, it's free (the wheels were used and very cheap) and I'm not exposing the summer wheels to all the salt and other poo poo on the roads.

I bought a pair of Levi's black lace boots for like $25 at an outlet store. The construction isn't as high-end as my 1000 miles, but they look pretty good and appear to be well made (in Portugal of all places). I think at that price they'll be a great winter beater and it'll be useful to have a black pair which I wasn't otherwise going to buy at >$300 that Wolverine or Red Wings stuff costs.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

dpack_1 posted:

you still need a PC of some sort to stream from, afaik.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I bought a grinder to grind my TOBACCO. It's red and I've used it a couple times and it works well enough.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I bought a grinder to grind my TOBACCO. It's red and I've used it a couple times and it works well enough.

Never seen them with the concave lids like that before.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
This was my last post in this thread

xtal posted:

I got this Philips wake up light on sale. Hopefully this will turn my life around.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0093162RM

It helped but failed to turn my life around so I am trying a precision cooker and a straight up frivolous $200 toothbrush (both on sale)

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Never seen them with the concave lids like that before.

It's supposedly better at concentrating the TOBACCO in the center so it grinds more finely. So far it's a great little grinder so maybe it works.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

It's supposedly better at concentrating the TOBACCO in the center so it grinds more finely. So far it's a great little grinder so maybe it works.

Stop using drugs as a replacement for a personality.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

PCOS Bill posted:

Says the guy addicted to poo poo posting.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

PCOS Bill posted:

Don't drink alcohol, ingest any caffeine, or take aspirin when you have a headache. It builds character.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Coffee And Pie posted:

Don't drink alcohol, ingest any caffeine, or take aspirin when you have a headache. It builds character.

I don't drink alcohol, the other two aren't really comparisons to recreational drug use.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

PCOS Bill posted:

I don't drink alcohol, the other two aren't really comparisons to recreational drug use.

Only the drugs I use are allowed :smug:

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

He got you guys again lol

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

PCOS Bill posted:

I don't drink alcohol

After all the alcohol your mom drank while pregnant with you, you're set for life.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Plus a huge pile of other fishing crap, mostly piles of tiny bearings and fancy lines. My transformation to full on fishing weeaboo is complete.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

big mean giraffe posted:

After all the alcohol your mom drank while pregnant with you, you're set for life.

lol if you think she stopped at booze

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I bought a box of 45 ACP ammo, 4 boxes of 22 shorts, a softsided rifle case for my Winchester model 74, and a softsided pistol case for my Springfield Armory 1911a1 .45. They're both heirloom firearms, although I'm not a bad shot.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Where the hell did you find 22 short?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

PerrineClostermann posted:

A local gun store. They had exactly four boxes.

It's all my rifle is chambered for. My grandfather on my mom's side of the family used it to feed them when money was tight.

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!

walmart sells it. It's not something rare.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I never see any 22 short in my area.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Looks pretty good actually, where did you get it, I wouldn't mind a second grinder.

fake edit: for my weed

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I never see any 22 short in my area.

Do you look for it?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

neongrey posted:

Looks pretty good actually, where did you get it, I wouldn't mind a second grinder.

fake edit: for my weed

Just my local smoke shop. It's a Viking Axe grinder, they're like 15-18 online depending on size.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

PCOS Bill posted:

Do you look for it?

Not a lot lately, but I keep an eye out for it. 22LR and 22 Mag coming has slowed down my ammo hunting.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

xtal posted:

It helped but failed to turn my life around so I am trying a precision cooker
Thanks for saving me the phone-post effort: I got one of these a few days ago, the Wifi/Bluetooth model. I have and use a Sous Vide Supreme, but don't have the kitchen space to keep it on hand all the time.

DaRealAce
Dec 27, 2004
Touch It.. No I dont want to... TOUCH IT!

xtal posted:

It helped but failed to turn my life around so I am trying a precision cooker and a straight up frivolous $200 toothbrush (both on sale)

Uhh - I'd check amazon again. Its on sale for 99.99 plus a $20.00 coupon bringing its price down even further.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

DaRealAce posted:

Uhh - I'd check amazon again. Its on sale for 99.99 plus a $20.00 coupon bringing its price down even further.

Sorry that's what I meant by "both on sale." I would only ever buy a frivolous $200 toothbrush for $79.99 or whatever.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

king of the bongo posted:

walmart sells it. It's not something rare.

It's a lot harder to find now. They've been making less due to how other sizes are in demand, thanks to stockpiling, combined with the fact that a lot fewer modern guns and rifles are chambered for it. I checked the local dick's and Gander Mountain, and it's so rare that they don't even carry it. Those four boxes I bought were all that that gun store got in their last shipment.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I was going to buy another pair of Sennheiser CX 300s after I stupidly left them out where the cats could find them, but after a bit of research I decided to go with these instead.

Audio Technica ATH-IM70. They sound amazing, are super comfortable and, best of all, have removable cables. So if it gets bitten in half I can spend $15 instead of $60. Or even add an inline mic if I want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

A friend of mines dad is a pretty good wood carver. He made me a pair of fish I can't wait to hang in my office. They are not trophy sized examples just nice carvings and anatomically correct with nice coloring.